PDA

View Full Version : Question Clarification of a rumour.

MrSmith
03-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Heard a rumour this morning that Tony Mowbray has not settled with Celtic and is willing to sit and be paid for the remainder of his 4 year contract?? Apparently this is why Lennon has not been confirmed as manager.

Part of this rumour suggests that a person from the English FA is trying to pay Mowbray off but he is steadfastly refusing.

Anybody clarify or know anything re this?
And, why would an English FA official be attempting to pay him off??

Very strange but have no reason to think this person is lying. He is involved in a club (not masons nor orange) where its membership includes people heavily connected to the club.

marinello59
03-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Heard a rumour this morning that Tony Mowbray has not settled with Celtic and is willing to sit and be paid for the remainder of his 4 year contract?? Apparently this is why Lennon has not been confirmed as manager.

Part of this rumour suggests that a person from the English FA is trying to pay Mowbray off but he is steadfastly refusing.

Anybody clarify or know anything re this?
And, why would an English FA official be attempting to pay him off??

Very strange but have no reason to think this person is lying. He is involved in a club (not masons nor orange) where its membership includes people heavily connected to the club.

Mowbray has the English managers association representing him whilst he negotiates his settlement with Celtic. Celtic will be paying him once everything is sorted.
This does not affect the situation with the torn faced git Lennon, they are just too scared to make a decision. Hopefully they panic and make the wrong one.:greengrin

MrSmith
03-06-2010, 09:22 AM
That would make sense.

xyz23jc
03-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Hopefully they panic and make the wrong one.:greengrin

:thumbsup::greengrin:top marks

Jack
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Fanciful thinking.

There were rumours some time ago that Celtc [backers] were considering a takeover of Portsmouth.

I’m sure the English FA would be very, very keen not to see Portsmouth go down the tubes completely and the affect that would have on other English clubs.

The English FA ‘assisting’ in clearing up the Tony affair up could be smoothing the way for the takeover discussions to continue.

Phil MaGlass
03-06-2010, 12:27 PM
How the hell is it that he can sit back and be paid for 4 years while if I get laid off (with a permanent contract) I can only get paid 1 month for every year Ive worked for my organisation.Worlds gone crazy.