PDA

View Full Version : NHC Benitez Sacked

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-sack-manager-Rafa-Benitez-article446441.html
and now on bbc too.

HibbyAndy
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Nae surprise IMO.

Liverpool had a really poor season, and his sighins are gash.

pentlando
02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
can't say im suprised, will be best for both parties imho

easty
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
It seemed like they were waiting for him to do the honourable thing and resign, clearly though Benitez was happy to be doing a sub-standard job and wait for the big pay off he'd get when sacked.

Spent a ridiculous amount of money on a lot of very average players. Unless they have a lot of really good young players on the brink of breaking through then I think Liverpool will struggle to get back to point where they are challenging for trophies.

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
£16m release clause........large chunk of transfer budget gone possibly???

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I hope he doesnae end up at Inter!

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Been a long time coming, Liverpool must be delighted to have finally got rid of him.

bingo70
02-06-2010, 09:08 PM
£16m release clause........large chunk of transfer budget gone possibly???

No way they'll pay that to him, they'll negotiate a much smaller amount as soon as another club shows an interest in Rafa.

Know he's popular with the liverpool fans but always found his greeting about having no money to spend a bit annoying, did he not spend about £40m on Glenn Johnson and Aquilani? As an outsider looking in it sems a bit out of order blaming the board for there failures last season when Benitez wasted that much money on two signings but i'm sure there's much more to it than that.

Interested to see who they'll replace him with, doesn't seem to be too many obvious candidates out there

iwasthere1972
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
SSN are only saying that discussions are underway regarding his future at Liverpool. Thought they would be the first to announce that he was sacked if true.

Mind you it's no surprise and he would've been punted ages ago if it wasn't for the £16m.

matt1875
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Be intresting to see who takes the job, I think mark hughes would do a job for them.

bingo70
02-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Be intresting to see who takes the job, I think mark hughes would do a job for them.

the man u connection would stop that happening.

roy hodgson maybe :dunno:

houston1875
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM

No ta

Have to be king kenny!! He may be as dour as rafa,but
he'll have them get back to playing decent fitba,make them a joy to watch again! Plus he'll have to work on a shoestring budget to!!
Plus not klinnsman either!! He's clueless!!

YNWA

NOLA
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
if true that could also see Torres sold after the World Cup:thumbsup: maybe to Barca, if they punt zlatan to man city:dunno:

houston1875
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
if true that could also see Torres sold after the World Cup:thumbsup: maybe to Barca, if they punt zlatan to man city:dunno:

Hells teeth..maybe,Torres is finding EPL tough!! He says his body taking a hammering fae defenders in epl? Bit to physical for him seemingly?

monktonharp
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
No ta

Have to be king kenny!! He may be as dour as rafa,but
he'll have them get back to playing decent fitba,make them a joy to watch again! Plus he'll have to work on a shoestring budget to!!
Plus not klinnsman either!! He's clueless!!

YNWA

maybes aye,maybes naw:wink:

houston1875
02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
maybes aye,maybes naw:wink:

You gotta like king kenny in the world cup tv adverts!!
How much plastic surgery has el tel had??

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 10:20 PM
latest update:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm

£3m severance or hold out and get £16m

NOLA
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
guus Hiddink for liverpool, depends on contracts and if hicks + gillet sell on

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM

he's just turned down inter because he has a contract with turkey and wants to honour it.

houston1875
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Just saw that on BBC sport blog,gus hiddink,good man manager..but how long
he be at pool for before he gets a better offer..need to follow Huns example
and get a experienced manager/coach with Liverpool fc running thru his veins....John Aldridge!! :wink:

Beefster
03-06-2010, 06:44 AM
latest update:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm

£3m severance or hold out and get £16m

It's a toughie but I'll take option B, Bob please.

DH1875
03-06-2010, 02:38 PM

Surely not, due to other posts in the forum i was under the impresion that Barca didn't spend that much on players and they already bought Villa and are in for Fabregas.
Would have been intresting to see the reaction on here if it were Madrid being linked/ buying them.

J-C
03-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Talk of Dalglish and Rush as interim managers untill the club is sold.

jacomo
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
No way they'll pay that to him, they'll negotiate a much smaller amount as soon as another club shows an interest in Rafa.

Know he's popular with the liverpool fans but always found his greeting about having no money to spend a bit annoying, did he not spend about £40m on Glenn Johnson and Aquilani? As an outsider looking in it sems a bit out of order blaming the board for there failures last season when Benitez wasted that much money on two signings but i'm sure there's much more to it than that.

Interested to see who they'll replace him with, doesn't seem to be too many obvious candidates out there

:agree:

Just think of the revolving door Benitez operated at Liverpool, with all those players coming and going - Crouch, Bellamy, Keane, the list goes on.

He'll complain about not getting enough backing, but spending £20m on Aquiliani to warm the bench when he knew there wasn't much in the pot was surely the last straw.

Liverpool will no doubt have to shell out to get rid of him, but Benitez would cost them more if he stayed. They need to sort out the squad, and start offering youth players from their Academy a route back into the first team again.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
They seem a club very much in decline to me and the worst thing they can do is appoint a big name continental manager (who would in any case be 2nd tier) and who spend big money in a futile attempt to keep up with London and Manchester. A get real approach would be to get Roy Hodgson with a five year brief to develop youth.

Captain Trips
03-06-2010, 04:02 PM
£6m compo, really is a nonsense the money in the game, £6m for leaving.

Green_one
03-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Talk of Dalglish and Rush as interim managers untill the club is sold.

If that is even half true then Liverpool are on a major slide. Even Roy Hodgson looks like a poor mans choice. They should be looking for a big name. Either that or admit they are sunk and get used to 6th/7th place.

Whoever gets it, will they get any real cash and will they hold onto key players. Probably not.

seanraff07
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Roy Hodgson seems like the man they should go for i'd say.

MountcastleHibs
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
About time too. Finally they've had the bottle to do it. Alex McLeish for me.