PDA

View Full Version : Lake District Disaster

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Some idiot shot 12 people and wounded 25 at the Lake District. What a complete and utter ********, apparently he shot himself too and thank goodness for that. Hope the guy rots in hell.:fuming:

http://www.globalsaskatoon.com/Gunman+kills+Lake+District+rampage/3102391/story.html

Removed
02-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks like it - very strange. Harry Hill :yawn:

If it's because of guns then all the soap fans better no watch the news in case they are traumatised :rolleyes:

Edit: :confused: What's going on.Thought this was a thread about Corrie

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks like it - very strange. Harry Hill :yawn:

If it's because of guns then all the soap fans better no watch the news in case they are traumatised :rolleyes:

Thought i'd change the thread title and edit the post as i thought it may come across as being a bit selfish as 12 people have just died and i'm complaining about Corrie not being on.

Only found out about this incident as i was told it was the reason for Corrie not being shown tonight.

Removed
02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Thought i'd change the thread title and edit the post as i thought it may come across as being a bit selfish as 12 people have just died and i'm complaining about Corrie not being on.

Only found out about this incident as i was told it was the reason for Corrie not being shown tonight.

I never thought it was selfish. You were just asking a question not complaining.

All they'll do is just show two another night. Don't see what the issue is myself tbh.

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I never thought it was selfish. You were just asking a question not complaining.

All they'll do is just show two another night. Don't see what the issue is myself tbh.

I agree but just incase anyone took it that way.

I think the reason for Corrie not being shown will be because in the main storyline at the moment it involves guns and would be showing a lack of respect to the families of those who were killed.

As long as Eastenders is on tomorrow i'm happy.:cool2:

Sir David Gray
02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
What happened today was shocking and I have every sympathy for the families and friends of those who have died or been injured.

However, I don't really think that it will matter to them when this episode of Coronation Street is shown. Even if it is shown tomorrow or Friday, the pain of losing a loved one is not going to have disappeared by then.

Soaps are supposed to mirror real life and unfortunately today's events in Cumbria shows that the current storyline reflects reality pretty closely.

The fatal shootings are tragic and my heart goes out to the people affected but I just think cancelling tonight's Coronation Street was unnecessary.