PDA

View Full Version : Hibs business in England?

givescotlandfreedom
02-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! Surely he won't hide in the bogs the whole way? What is he thinking? Is he losing it :grr::boo hoo:

Peevemor
02-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! What is he thinking? Is he losing it :grr::boo hoo:

I bet he jumps off at East Mains before they check his ticket. :greengrin

WestEndHibee
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! Surely he won't hide in the bogs the whole way? What is he thinking? Is he losing it :grr::boo hoo:

Pretty sure the Daily Record did a £23 return to london deal for around about now. Either that or he'll be hiding in the toilets/under the table from the conductor.

--------
02-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I bet he jumps off at East Mains before they check his ticket. :greengrin

Nonsense - Rod will have worked out a deal so that the rail company pays HIM to travel with them.

He's obviously not in a hurry, or he'd just use his superpowers.

Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Super-Tache!

Yes, it's Super-Tache - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

Super-Tache - who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as Rod Petrie, mild mannered executive for a great Scottish football club, fights the never ending battle for Truth, Justice and the Hibernian Way.

Or something like that.... :rolleyes:

Purehibee_MYB
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Messi's representatives are very keen to get into talks with tache, as they want a deal before the world cup, so they have paid for Tache to go down to London for talks today to grind out a deal.

Spike Mandela
02-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder..........

http://www.murdocklondon.com/for-men/style-blog/facial-hair/

:hmmm::dunno:

Luna Landing
02-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder..........

http://www.murdocklondon.com/for-men/style-blog/facial-hair/

:hmmm::dunno:

Jeez dont do that - I thought we were re-signing Colin Murdock for a horrible moment

Ray_
02-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Last week, I was on a train & Zammy with his crutches and entourage got on at Chelmsford, they sat a few seats behind & we all to off the train at Liverpool Street. Perhaps RP was heading south so he can negotiate a better deal on the medical bills?

Iain G
02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I can exclusively reveal that in the few spare days Rod has before negotiting deals with Messi and Iniesta and Rooney for the new season, he has been appointed to sort out the entire British railway network, hence why he was seen boarding the said train.

Tomorrow he will sort out the deal between BA and the Unions.
Thursday he will solve the world economy problems.
Friday he will sort out that wee oil leak BP have over in the Gulf of Mexico.
Saturday he will finish the Edinburgh Tram network.

And on Sunday he shall rest, knowing well that he has had a relaxing week's holiday to recharge his batteries for a hard week back at Easter Road deciding which shade of green the new steelwork should actually be...

Speedway
02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Puts in some hours, our Rod, doesn't he?

Pretty Boy
02-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Surely if we were in negotiations with a player they would come to meet us so we could show them around the facilities, arrange a medical etc etc. Any negotiations with another club would be done over the phone i would assume.

My guess is Rod was on his way down to Selhurst Park to try and pick up some materials on the cheap for the new stand from Crystal palace. He'll be annoyed now that they have been saved and the firesale is off for now. Wasted journey. PETRIE!!!!!!

bournehibby
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I can exclusively reveal that in the few spare days Rod has before negotiting deals with Messi and Iniesta and Rooney for the new season, he has been appointed to sort out the entire British railway network, hence why he was seen boarding the said train.

And on Sunday he shall rest, knowing well that he has had a relaxing week's holiday to recharge his batteries for a hard week back at Easter Road deciding which shade of green the new steelwork should actually be...
:top marks
bh

--------
02-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Puts in some hours, our Rod, doesn't he?

Time and tide waits for no man - except Rod Petrie. :agree:

Dan Sarf
02-06-2010, 11:27 AM
That was one of The Tashman's many lookalikes you saw, designed to throw rivals off the scent. I've heard on the grapevine that the real Tashed Crusader is in London on a mercy mission. Apparently Cheryl Cole needed cheering up. :wink:

since90plustwo
02-06-2010, 11:32 AM
are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?:confused:

Peevemor
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?:confused:

There's no smoke without fire, etc. :cool2:

since90plustwo
02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
There's no smoke without fire, etc. :cool2:

suppose:wink:

ronaldo7
02-06-2010, 11:58 AM

I wish those rumours would give the man some space eh:greengrin

silverhibee
02-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Surely if we were in negotiations with a player they would come to meet us so we could show them around the facilities, arrange a medical etc etc. Any negotiations with another club would be done over the phone i would assume.

My guess is Rod was on his way down to Selhurst Park to try and pick up some materials on the cheap for the new stand from Crystal palace. He'll be annoyed now that they have been saved and the firesale is off for now. Wasted journey. PETRIE!!!!!!

Did he not travel down South to have a meeting with Mowbray before he became our manager. :greengrin

Jack
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM

Up till that I thought you were serious :agree:

Nope :bitchy:

Where were you yesterday? Who did you see?? Why didn't you tell us???

berwickhibee
02-06-2010, 03:00 PM
rod was dropping my season ticket off in person:thumbsup: top man.

then later i spotted him at the border looking to thumb a lift back to edinburgh:agree: waste not want not:greengrin

maturehibby
02-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I too was on that train and was in First Class going to Newcastle on business and he sat opposite me a row in front .
He didnt eat his sannies before I got off at Newcastle but enjoyed the complimentary coffee and shortbread .
He was in conversation several times on phone but I had work to do so didnt listen in to what was said .
On getting off I complimented him on his "Good Management " skills at ER and wished him all the best for the coming season .

brog
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I too was on that train and was in First Class going to Newcastle on business and he sat opposite me a row in front .
He didnt eat his sannies before I got off at Newcastle but enjoyed the complimentary coffee and shortbread .
He was in conversation several times on phone but I had work to do so didnt listen in to what was said .
On getting off I complimented him on his "Good Management " skills at ER and wished him all the best for the coming season .

1ST Class!! Does he think he's a Tory MP?? As SH posted, Rod went to the wilds of Ipswich to interview TM. I think a player interview or agent meeting is a distinct possibility. I mean the Tache wouldn't shell out for a 1st class ticket for personal use surely?

Ray_
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM

You can tell his good management skills, Zamma was in Standard Class.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2010, 03:42 PM
It was an advance purchase 1st class ticket. Heavily discounted because he bought it online :greengrin.

BSEJVT
02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
God you guys have small vistas.

With the infrastructure now being nearly completed at the club, we now need something to spend the player sales cash on as there's no way they are giving it to Hibs Managers to waste ever again.

I have it on very good authority that RP was actually travelling down to see Cameron & Clegg to offer to meet the shortfall in the Government budget.

Jamesie
02-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I reckon he was out all night on a massive George Street sesh, then caught the first train home to East Lothian but fell asleep and ended up in Newcastle. Surely Rod would only shell out for a first class ticket if pished?!

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
See if you were going to London on business, would you not go by plane. My theory is that he will be going to one of the places the train stops before getting to London.

For example, Doncaster, where the council has been replaced or something. Who better to turn around a failing social services department than big Rod?

orourke
02-06-2010, 06:28 PM
i spoke with a millwall players dad this morning, he told me that his sons agent was having a meeting with the tache today, i took it with a pinch of salt as he has told me his son was moving elsewhere before and it did not happen, given that Rod was going down south today maybe he was correct. the guy involved was at Man city as a laddie and has been at Millwall 2 years , but now out of contract,

MyJo
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
It was an advance purchase 1st class ticket. Heavily discounted because he bought it online :greengrin.

He actually used the Petrie mind trick while purchasing the ticket :agree:

Ticket seller: "return ticket to london, that'll be £120"
P-Rod: "£25 you say?"
ticket seller: errrr no, £120 actually
P-Rod: *gives a gentle stroke of the freshly waxed tache* "£25 will be fine"
ticket seller: *mesmerised* "Yes £25 will be fine"
P-Rod: So that's a free upgrade to first class as well you say?
ticket seller: no its the standa.......*P-rod raises a finely groomed left eyebrow*.......of course first class, all the way sir.
P-rod: Thank you, have a good day son.
ticket seller: *daydreams* i wonder if i would suit a moustache

reports that the same method was used when negotiating the sales of Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson are unconfirmed :greengrin

MoscowHibs
02-06-2010, 06:51 PM
i spoke with a millwall players dad this morning, he told me that his sons agent was having a meeting with the tache today, i took it with a pinch of salt as he has told me his son was moving elsewhere before and it did not happen, given that Rod was going down south today maybe he was correct. the guy involved was at Man city as a laddie and has been at Millwall 2 years , but now out of contract,

Ok. was it a Mr Grimes or Laird ye were gabbin tae.Do Tell all.:rolleyes::blah:

KeithTheHibby
02-06-2010, 06:55 PM

ticket seller: no its the standa.......*P-rod raises a finely groomed left eyebrow*.......of course first class, all the way sir.

reports that the same method was used when negotiating the sales of Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson are unconfirmed :greengrin

:faf::faf:

In Rod we trust.

WeAreHibs
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
That was one of The Tashman's many lookalikes you saw, designed to throw rivals off the scent. I've heard on the grapevine that the real Tashed Crusader is in London on a mercy mission. Apparently Cheryl Cole needed cheering up. :wink:

Nah, he's negotiating the divorce:wink:

Diclonius
03-06-2010, 10:17 AM

On Football Rumours:

"Hibernian chairman rod petrie was meeting with the agent of marc laird millwall midfielder who is out of contract in london this afternoon about possible switch to easter road. Player very interested in going to hibs, speaking to him this morning."

Interesting. Seems to add up.

Auckland Hibs
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM

:top marks Lol.

Apparently The Tash taught Obi Wan Kenobi the Jedi mind trick - FACT.

steviecarnie
03-06-2010, 10:31 AM
On Football Rumours:

marc laird millwall midfielder

6ft 1 - surely hughes aint gonna go against his policy of 5ft 8 and below!!!

EskbankHibby
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM

:grr::grr::grr:.

I would have been buzzing around him like a jambo at a cardigan sale.

Speedway
03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
6ft 1 - surely hughes aint gonna go against his policy of 5ft 8 and below!!!

Seems to tick a few boxes this one.

- Scottish player who wants to come home - check

- Best years in front of him (age 24) - check

- Played at a reasonable level (70 games for Millwall) - check

- Will cost nothing - Check

- Will add a bit of physical presence to the midfield (6'1'') - check

Jack
03-06-2010, 12:12 PM

- Rod Petrie - cheque :greengrin

MyJo
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM

- Multiple positions (can play anywhere across the midfield apparently?) - check

orourke
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
i have been down to watch millwall a few times over the past couple of years, marc had a great season in 2008/2009, this last season he has had a few injuries and suffered from the fact he did not want to sign a new contract at Millwall, as stated he is 6 foot 1 inch but is fairly lightly built, he is more of a passing player than a hard midfielder, one slight drawback is the fact that he is actually a jambo!!!!

easty
03-06-2010, 05:51 PM
See if you were going to London on business, would you not go by plane. My theory is that he will be going to one of the places the train stops before getting to London.

For example, Doncaster, where the council has been replaced or something. Who better to turn around a failing social services department than big Rod?

He came back on the sleeper train from London last night....my dad works on it and asked him if he was away signing someone for Hibs, in return he got a look that he read as "**** off"...

Phil D. Rolls
03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
He came back on the sleeper train from London last night....my dad works on it and asked him if he was away signing someone for Hibs, in return he got a look that he read as "**** off"...

Sounds like it is the lad from Millwall then.

essexhibee
03-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Well im sure this could be a load or rubbish but a midfielder is what we need. Oh that and a right-back and a mean centre half. Then we will be there :greengrin