PDA

View Full Version : Luther

GlesgaeHibby
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Tonights episode of Luther on BBC1 was absolutely fantastic. Idris Elba (some may know him as Stringer Bell from the Wire) was outstanding tonight, and the episode itself was great TV.

If you haven't seen tonights episode or watched any of the show so far I'd recommend a visit to BBC iplayer.

HibeeMG
02-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Tonights episode of Luther on BBC1 was absolutely fantastic. Idris Elba (some may know him as Stringer Bell from the Wire) was outstanding tonight, and the episode itself was great TV.

If you haven't seen tonights episode or watched any of the show so far I'd recommend a visit to BBC iplayer.

I've been watching since the start and just watched tonights on iplayer.

It's the best crime series I've seen for a long time.

Tonights episode was brilliant. Idris Elba is superb as Luther. Also the Alice character is great.

Next week is the last episode. I hope they're going to do more.

Sylar
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Just back from the cinema and was very impressed seeing Idris Elba as Roque in The Losers!

Pretty hooked on Luther just now - Ruth Wilson (Alice) is also fantastic and nae too dis-pleasing on the ol' eyes either.

HibeeMcGinn1
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Luther is the best thing ive watched on tv since The Wire. I never actually knew Idris Elba was English, cant see him without thinking of Stringer Bell. The second episode with the ex soldier gunning down the police was fantastic. Im guessing they just made the 6 episodes to see how the ratings would go so hopefully it all went well.

HibeeMcGinn1
08-06-2010, 08:59 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great end to the episode. "what now?" :wink:

Sylar
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great end to the episode. "what now?" :wink:

Or "Now what?", even :wink:

Brilliant end to the story - I sincerely hope there's going to be more, as this is a brilliant show!

Jim44
09-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I watched and enjoyed most of it but I having missed the first episode, never understood how Alice, the parent killer had such a hold over him. Anybody fill me in?

Sylar
09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I watched and enjoyed most of it but I having missed the first episode, never understood how Alice, the parent killer had such a hold over him. Anybody fill me in?

In the first episode, Alice murdered her parents and Luther investigated. He eventually came to knew Alice killed them, but couldn't prove it, as she had very cleverly cleared any evidence. The bond/hold developed from there.

GlesgaeHibby
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Absolutely sensational end to the series. Really hope they do another series now.