PDA

View Full Version : NHC Boyd confirms he is offski

down-the-slope
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
So who will they have left as strikers? Boyd & Novo off Laughing Boy and Fleck?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6183418,00.html

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Kenny Miller as well.

down-the-slope
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Kenny Miller as well.

Kenny Miller striker as well.....or ofski as well:rolleyes: I hope the latter

Sir David Gray
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Unless they sign a couple of strikers in the summer, I see them struggling next season.

They have lost two of the highest scorers in SPL history and, with Boyd going, they have pretty much lost a guaranteed 25-30 goals a season.

Kenny Miller is good at doing all the "donkey work" but is not a prolific goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination.

Lafferty and Fleck are not the answer.

CB_NO3
01-06-2010, 12:33 PM
And apparently they after Lee Miller. If that is the type of players Rangers are attracting these days then they will struggle next season.

Lofarl
01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Loved this quote from Boyd. Sums up the old firm in one sentence.

"I know there's been talk of me going from Rangers (http://topics.skysports.com/rangers/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif to Celtic. But, if I did that, it wouldn't be the penalty box I'd be in, it would be a wooden box!

DH1875
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
And apparently they after Lee Miller. If that is the type of players Rangers are attracting these days then they will struggle next season.

Exactly, and when you consider that Bougherra and McGregor will be off and they playing a 40+ defender.
If we can hold our nerve and bring in the right players we could be in for a right push.

brydekirk
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
good, that means tony will be top goal scoarer next year .:agree: mon the hibs.

hfc rd
02-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Hopefully more of their players will be ofski as well. Like Davis, Bougherra etc.

franco
02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
My mate was talking to boyd on saturday at some football tournament at haven in ayr and he said he was off to newcastle my mate said u no fancy a game for the hibees cheecky skunt just laughed.

Lofarl
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Would never want that trumpet in our top

NOLA
02-06-2010, 10:00 PM
My mate was talking to boyd on saturday at some football tournament at haven in ayr and he said he was off to newcastle my mate said u no fancy a game for the hibees cheecky skunt just laughed.
my mate in newcastle says its the talk of the TOON, Boyd will sign for them,good move for him, not too far from home, and the birds there are as easy as the munters in glesga!

seanraff07
03-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm a Newcastle fan and don't think he would be a very good addition as, i admit in the EPL we are one of the weaker teams meaning we won't create a lot of chances. Despite his time at Killie i think he is a lot more lethal in a team that create a lot more chances as he isn't going to put in a great shift when his team is on the backfoot a lot and they play on the break.

essexhibee
03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Boyd will get badly get found out in the EPL. His lack of pace and the fact he wont get a million chances will be his downfall. I dont really think hes one to score screamers? He is going to badly struggle when he isn't getting the million chances like he does verses the likes of Hamilton and Falkirk. :bye:

Hainan Hibs
04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
But then again a lot of people laughed at Ferguson going down to Birmingham and he has turned in some pretty good performances and become a regular in their team.

If Boyd does go there I wish him well for the good of the national team. Having Fletcher and Boyd playing in that league will be beneficial to the Scotland team and will enhance the image of the game up here.

Pete
04-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Boyd will get badly get found out in the EPL. His lack of pace and the fact he wont get a million chances will be his downfall. I dont really think hes one to score screamers? He is going to badly struggle when he isn't getting the million chances like he does verses the likes of Hamilton and Falkirk. :bye:

I agree.

Compared to the average target man down south he has no pace and turns like a cart horse.

He can finish alright, but he has to improve his fitness and sharpness big-time if he is to succeed.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2010, 09:24 AM
he may have scored a few goals for the Huns but he'll forever be remembered for scoring them in the ****test quality top Scottish League in history.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM

he's only ever scored one goal vs Celtic. Astounding.

dangermouse
04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
he's only ever scored one goal vs Celtic. Astounding.

Was it a penalty?

Holmesdale Hibs
04-06-2010, 10:12 AM
He's scored some alright goals as well. See
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIH_1NilsE&feature=related
but I agree the majority are poachers goals and penalties.

Some strikers, Van Nistelrooy springs to mind but there are others, are effective without scoring spectacular goals. I remember hearing that VN hadn’t scored for United from outside the box.

I think a lot of this ‘he’s an average striker’ is based on the fact he’s a pr1ck who plays for the huns. Fair enough. He’s still scored too many goals to be average and I think he’ll do ok in the EPL.

Its good for Scottish national team and bad for Rangers so I’m all for it.

seanraff07
06-06-2010, 02:16 PM
He's scored some alright goals as well. See
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIH_1NilsE&feature=related
but I agree the majority are poachers goals and penalties.

Some strikers, Van Nistelrooy springs to mind but there are others, are effective without scoring spectacular goals. I remember hearing that VN hadn’t scored for United from outside the box.

I think a lot of this ‘he’s an average striker’ is based on the fact he’s a pr1ck who plays for the huns. Fair enough. He’s still scored too many goals to be average and I think he’ll do ok in the EPL.

Its good for Scottish national team and bad for Rangers so I’m all for it.

The thing is though that's just one great goal, along with probably a few others but he's scored hundreds altogether.

The thing about Van Nistelrooy is, he scored hundreds of goals for United cause they create hundreds of chances.

Of Boyd does eventually join Birmingham, their obviously not going to create as much chances as teams like Man.Utd and Chelsea.

And i think Boyd would only be a good addition to the team if that team will create lots of chances every game like Rangers do in the SPL.

I honestly think he would be a good signing for a team like Arsenal, who create plenty of chances but never have that natural goalscorer to put them in the back of the net, Boyd would, i just think he's much better suited in a team that will create more chances than their opposition every week otherwise it means he can't poach as much and if he is not allowed to do that then he's not a very useful player IMO.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Kenny Miller is good at doing all the "donkey work" but is not a prolific goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination..

Exactly, and when you consider that Bougherra and McGregor will be off and they playing a 40+ defender.
If we can hold our nerve and bring in the right players we could be in for a right push.

They do have a lot of strikers even if Boyd and Miller both go however, Velicka and Naismith are both somewhat injury prone but both are SPL level goalscorers, and with Lafferty, Fleck, and McCulloch all capable of playing there, theyre not in that bad a position.

The same can be said with centre back, if Bougherra does leave, they will still have Wilson, Webster, Broadfoot, and Papac available to partner Weir.

A fully fit and available Webster, Velicka and Naismith will be as good as 3 new signings for them.