PDA

View Full Version : £95 Million for Rooney...

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2010, 11:19 AM
From Real Madrid.

Oh maaaaa gosh - in the words of Usher.

Here (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/)

OstKurve Hibs
01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Real madrid, shock horror!!! N they r after messi to for 120 million euros:rolleyes: Hate that club!!!

Antifa Hibs
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
They are also considering offering De Rossi 10m euro's a season wages.

**** off and die Madrid!

Gatecrasher
01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
the likes of Lyon will still put them out the Champs League :bye:

ScottB
01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Hell I'd take that, or better yet ask for Kaka, Van der Vaart, Benezama and some cash for him...

cwilliamson85
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Ask for Kaka Benzema and a lot of €€€€€€€ and its a done deal.

Killiehibbie
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I hope they spend that and a lot more. The day will come when TV money dries up and a club this size going into administration is what it will take for something to get done about it.

MSK
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
From Real Madrid.

Oh maaaaa gosh - in the words of Usher.

Here (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/)And they wonder why football is ****ed !!!! :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't understand all the anger aimed towards Real Madrid and other clubs who spend millions on one player.

If they can afford to spend £90 odd million on a player then good luck to them, if they can't afford it but they do it anyway and a few years down the line they get into difficulty then Hell mend them.

As it happens, I don't see Rooney wanting to leave Manchester Utd, at least not at this moment in time, and this will just be another made up rumour started by the tabloids in order to shift newspapers.

seanraff07
01-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I've always preffered Barca over Madrid but that just widens the gap with how much i prefer Barca, they never spend a lot of money and bring up a lot of their talent through the youth system whereas Madrid just try and buy their way to success, would love it if Barca won La Liga again.:pray:

steviecarnie
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I hope they spend that and a lot more. The day will come when TV money dries up and a club this size going into administration is what it will take for something to get done about it.

Never ever gonna happen to real madrid, if they went bust they would take 3 banks and alot of other business's plus perez is a billionaire so they could just change the constitution of the club to let him put money in, which at the moment he cant.

Sir David Gray
01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I've always preffered Barca over Madrid but that just widens the gap with how much i prefer Barca, they never spend a lot of money and bring up a lot of their talent through the youth system whereas Madrid just try and buy their way to success, would love it if Barca won La Liga again.:pray:

As opposed to Barcelona, who will have spent around £75 million on two players this summer, if they end up signing Cesc Fabregas after the World Cup. :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
As opposed to Barcelona, who will have spent around £75 million on two players this summer, if they end up signing Cesc Fabregas after the World Cup. :wink:

and 79 million plus Eto'o for Ibrahimovic...

Barney McGrew
01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Ithey never spend a lot of money and bring up a lot of their talent through the youth system whereas Madrid just try and buy their way to success

69 Million euros on Ibrahimovic, 36 million for Dani Alves, 14 million for Keita, 9 million for Yaya Toure, 20 million for Milito, 15 million for Abidal,40 million on David Villa.......................

They do have a good youth policy, but they still spend silly money on their squad

Reaper
01-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Me too mate. I wholeheartedly agree.

green.and.white
01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
If anybody is worth that much, then I must be worth a few hundred thousand surely

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
If anybody is worth that much, then I must be worth a few hundred thousand surely

unlikely:greengrin

green.and.white
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
unlikely:greengrin

:greengrin

DH1875
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Ask for Kaka Benzema and a lot of €€€€€€€ and its a done deal.

They have offerd Kaka + cash to Chelsea for Lampard.

DH1875
01-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Shows what you know eh? Barcelona have spent millions over the years. They are banked rolled buy the Catalan people, especially through their banks and the money they command from tv is crazy.
What about Raul, Guti, Adan, Casillas and Arbeola? Think you will find they all played for Madrids youth team. La Liga is full of ex Madrid players.
Then you have the likes of Butragueno and Michel world famous players who were Madrid youth team players.

steviecarnie
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
They have offerd Kaka + cash to Chelsea for Lampard.

have they???? sauce???? infact dont bother cos i have no doubt it'll be just another lazy piece of journalism.....lets see what ***** i can make up today!!! i reckon they have competitions in the office to see who can come up with the most ridiculous story that day!
:grr:

Pretty Boy
01-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Shows what you know eh? Barcelona have spent millions over the years. They are banked rolled buy the Catalan people, especially through their banks and the money they command from tv is crazy.
What about Raul, Guti, Adan, Casillas and Arbeola? Think you will find they all played for Madrids youth team. La Liga is full of ex Madrid players.
Then you have the likes of Butragueno and Michel world famous players who were Madrid youth team players.

Raul did indeed play for a Madrid youth team. Atletico Madrids youth team. Originally at least.:wink:

RoYO!
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Are they going to get hit by upcoming Uefa rules?

col02
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM

:agree: Barca breed success while Real Madrid try to buy it.

Pretty Boy
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM

Unlikely.

The new rules state that clubs can only spend what they generate. Clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid etc etc generate huge turnover each year through absolutely ridiculous TV deals as well as their commercial success.

Even Man Utd with their well documented debt wouldn't be overly affected as they still managed to turn a profit of over £40M last year.

steviecarnie
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM

real madrid announced midway thru the season they had recouped the £80m spent on ronaldo in merchandise sales alone.

southfieldshibby
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not really sure how this can be managed by UEFA, as they would appear to be stamping down on financial speculation. Why should a club (business) not be allowed to speculate to increase it's market share? Just because other, smaller, less fortunate clubs can't do this doean't make it wrong. Do we really want a sport controlled by the limits of the poorest clubs?

Sir David Gray
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not really sure how this can be managed by UEFA, as they would appear to be stamping down on financial speculation. Why should a club (business) not be allowed to speculate to increase it's market share? Just because other, smaller, less fortunate clubs can't do this doean't make it wrong. Do we really want a sport controlled by the limits of the poorest clubs?

Completely agree.

I am not in favour of clubs being restricted in terms of what they can/can't spend on wages/transfers. If they think they can manage a certain level of debt then they should be left alone to do that. If, however, they build up debt and find that they cannot sustain it then that is the risk you take and it will be :bye: to the clubs who act irresponsibly.

I don't believe that the authorities should impose restrictions and punish clubs that have a debt that is deemed managable by its owners, just because there are other clubs who have owners who don't care about the financial side of things.

Removed
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM

:agree:

You can't restrict the biggest clubs who want to sign international superstars. Think how much poorer out SPL would be without them.

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 03:08 AM

I'm not saying Barca haven't spent any money to get where they are but what i'm saying is that they have brought up a lot more players from their youth system than Madrid have and don't bring in as many players who have became a top class player at another club. Barca don't spend crazy money for a club their size but Madrid do.

For example, Madrid payed £80m for Ronaldo last summer, and going by what papers are saying they are willing to pay £120m for Messi and £95m for Rooney. Join they three players prices together and that will be £295m, would Barca ever be willing to spend like that on a couple of players? No chance whether they are the best players in the world or not you wouldn't find Barca spending silly money like that.

Barca have brought through many youngsters over the last few years and players who are still currently in their team like Puyol, Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta. Then you've got your more recent ones like Bojan, Busquets, Pedro and Jeffren. The majority of Barca's team have came from their youth system at some point whereas Madrid are different and most of the players in their current squad have been bought from other teams, on most occassions for big cash.

Fair enough Barca obviously spend a fair bit of cash otherwise they wouldn't be where they are now but Madrid are just spending crazily at the moment, the sort of cash no-one else can compete with and if Madrid win La Liga next season then surely a big part of it has to be put down to buying success.

Ray_
02-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Unlikely.

The new rules state that clubs can only spend what they generate. Clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid etc etc generate huge turnover each year through absolutely ridiculous TV deals as well as their commercial success.

Even Man Utd with their well documented debt wouldn't be overly affected as they still managed to turn a profit of over £40M last year.

Without the Ronaldo cash they would have been about that much in the red, the massive yearly interest charge payments for the Glaziers loan is what will hit Man U, as that is obviously included in the running costs.

How that deal was ever allowed to take place I'll never know. In fact, I think I'll by microsoft, I can borrow the umpteen trillion, make the loan out to microsoft & get them to pay it back and I'm the proud owner of a new company, simples :greengrin [oh, how I've gotten to hate that word]

weonlywon6-2
02-06-2010, 07:43 AM

yep,exactly. hope they crash and burn.never liked them.

would support chelsea over madrid and that is really saying something !!!

Barney McGrew
02-06-2010, 08:00 AM
For example, Madrid payed £80m for Ronaldo last summer, and going by what papers are saying they are willing to pay £120m for Messi and £95m for Rooney. Join they three players prices together and that will be £295m, would Barca ever be willing to spend like that on a couple of players? No chance whether they are the best players in the world or not you wouldn't find Barca spending silly money like that

Silly money maybe, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they'd make money from it.

As already stated, they've got the Ronaldo transfer fee back already from shirt sales. And they'd do the same with Rooney and Messi if they managed to get either.

FWIW, I doubt they'll get either. It's far more likely that they'll get Lampard and Cole from Chelsea.

TonyStokeprano
02-06-2010, 08:51 AM
What's with this myth that barcelona dont spend cash?

Chygrynsky £25 million
Ibrahimovic £70 million
Villa £40 million
Milito £20 million
Alves £35 million
Pique £8 million = Great Deal
Henry £20 million
Keita £15 milion
Abidal £15 million
Yaya £15 million
Keirrison £15 million
Cacares £16 million
Hleb £15 million

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ajm7FLwxa9txdFJpcS1pWXVPRTNTdWpkcUVXck9PT Gc&gid=1

Have a look at this, loads of money spent down the years on players that didnt make the grade eg saviola, christinval,gerard,zambrotta. These records show that even in the late 90's barca were spending 90 million per year.

Obviously madrid have spent more than barcelona down the years but the difference isn't as big as everyone makes out!

bingo70
02-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Chygrynsky £25 million
Ibrahimovic £70 million
Villa £40 million
Milito £20 million
Alves £35 million
Henry £20 million
Keita £15 milion
Abidal £15 million
Yaya £15 million
Keirrison £15 million
Cacares £16 million
Hleb £15 million

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ajm7FLwxa9txdFJpcS1pWXVPRTNTdWpkcUVXck9PT Gc&gid=1

Have a look at this, loads of money spent down the years on players that didnt make the grade eg saviola, christinval,gerard,zambrotta. These records show that even in the late 90's barca were spending 90 million per year.

Obviously madrid have spent more than barcelona down the years but the difference isn't as big as everyone makes out!

Think it's because if you look at Barcas star players they all came through the ranks at Barca.... Xavi, iniesta, puyol, messi, did Pique come through the ranks at Brace before moving to man utd? then you've got other players like Bojan, Busquets and Valdes.

BTW i'm not 100% certain the players i mentioned came through the ranks at Barca so i'm happy to be corrected but thats what the perception is so i think thats where the reputation comes from.

PedroEdin84
02-06-2010, 09:30 AM
If Rooney is worth £95 million, just how much is is nish worth....:wink:

TonyStokeprano
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Raul did indeed play for a Madrid youth team. Atletico Madrids youth team. Originally at least.:wink:

messi was at newells old boys youth team
iniesta was at albacetes youth team.

Originally ay least :wink:

DH1875
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM

Yes he did play for Athletico's youth team but think you will find he moved to Real when he was 15/16 and played for their C & B teams before making it into the first team.
If you really want to be a smart arse he actually started of at San Crstobal de los Angeles as a kid before going to Athletico.

Away and don't talk p**h.
See below.

Chygrynsky £25 million
Ibrahimovic £70 million
Villa £40 million
Milito £20 million
Alves £35 million
Henry £20 million
Keita £15 milion
Abidal £15 million
Yaya £15 million
Keirrison £15 million
Cacares £16 million
Hleb £15 million

Well said. Makes me laugh at the idiots who jump on the anti Real band wagon without knowing or looking at the whole picture.
Like others have already pointed out, Ronaldo for 80 million or Ibrahimovic for 70 million. Who's the biggest mugs? Especially when you consider that Ibrahimovic is considerd to be the highest paid footballer in the world.

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes he did play for Athletico's youth team but think you will find he moved to Real when he was 15/16 and played for their C & B teams before making it into the first team.
If you really want to be a smart arse he actually started of at San Crstobal de los Angeles as a kid before going to Athletico.

Away and don't talk p**h.
See below.

Well said. Makes me laugh at the idiots who jump on the anti Real band wagon without knowing or looking at the whole picture.
Like others have already pointed out, Ronaldo for 80 million or Ibrahimovic for 70 million. Who's the biggest mugs? Especially when you consider that Ibrahimovic is considerd to be the highest paid footballer in the world.

Sorry that your getting so worked up about this debate but were just stating that clearly Real spend more than Barca and it has got to the stage where you can't even compete now with the money Real are throwing about therefore the only chance you've got of winning La Liga now appears to be if your whole team plays to the top of their form the whole season.

Hibs On Tour
02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
real madrid announced midway thru the season they had recouped the £80m spent on ronaldo in merchandise sales alone.

From memory, did they not say they got the money they spent on Beckham back on shirt sales on the first day of sale alone? With that kind of brand merchandising sales, some of their purchases are basically FOC to them...

Wilson
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
If Rooney is worth £95 million, just how much is is nish worth....:wink:

95p :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
wont Platini be choking on his l'escargot thought clubs were supposed to be reigning this kinda thing in?

The Silver Fox
02-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Where do Real Madrid get their money? The transfer fees they have shelled out in the last 10 or so years are ridiculous. They do not seem to recoup the money in selling on.

Is it a backer or group that pop them up. Still I don't believe the Ronaldo deal has already been paid for by shirt sales. I would like to see the figures to back that statement.

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Where do Real Madrid get their money? The transfer fees they have shelled out in the last 10 or so years are ridiculous. They do not seem to recoup the money in selling on.

Is it a backer or group that pop them up. Still I don't believe the Ronaldo deal has already been paid for by shirt sales. I would like to see the figures to back that statement.

I think they have connections with the Royal Family who i'm sure will supply them with cash.

DH1875
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I think they have connections with the Royal Family who i'm sure will supply them with cash.

Here we go, this is what really anoys me. It's like sayin the Huns are bank rolled by the Queen.
To brake it down as best and as simple as I can here goes,

There last sponsorship deal with Adidas was for €762 million.
They have the 3rd highest average attendance in Europe which along with all the season tickets, hospitality, food and drink etc... brings them in around about €100 million a year.
They make around about € 160 million a year in shirt, commercial sales.
Unlike here the clubs in Spain negotiate their own tv deals so they can demand crazy prices. Their current tv deal is for another €150 million a year.

The money for Ronaldo and Kaka came about because Real took out a €600 million loan at the start of last season. They used the tv rights to secure the loan and as already pointed out they have made the money back already.

Add in all the other bits and bobs like selling players, champions league etc...

The royal family, my arse.

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 07:22 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8094864.stm
http://www.eufootball.biz/Marketing/8164-ronaldo_shirt_sales_recoups_real_madrid_transfer_a mount.html

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Here we go, this is what really anoys me. It's like sayin the Huns are bank rolled by the Queen.
To brake it down as best and as simple as I can here goes,

There last sponsorship deal with Adidas was for €762 million.
They have the 3rd highest average attendance in Europe which along with all the season tickets, hospitality, food and drink etc... brings them in around about €100 million a year.
They make around about € 160 million a year in shirt, commercial sales.
Unlike here the clubs in Spain negotiate their own tv deals so they can demand crazy prices. Their current tv deal is for another €150 million a year.

The money for Ronaldo and Kaka came about because Real took out a €600 million loan at the start of last season. They used the tv rights to secure the loan and as already pointed out they have made the money back already.

Add in all the other bits and bobs like selling players, champions league etc...

The royal family, my arse.

Ok, Barca have a sponsorship deal with Nike and are bound to make loads from that.

Barca's average attendance last season was almost 10,000 more than Madrid so will make more money in that department.

As you say it's clubs in Spain so Barca will also negotiate their own tv deals resulting in similar money to Real.

Barca have also sold players and have spent a lot less on them.

So tell me again why do Madrid after Barca surely making more of a profit, continue to spend a lot more than Barca do? Or are they just running themselves into debt?

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Ok, Barca have a sponsorship deal with Nike and are bound to make loads from that.

Barca's average attendance last season was almost 10,000 more than Madrid so will make more money in that department.

As you say it's clubs in Spain so Barca will also negotiate their own tv deals resulting in similar money to Real.

Barca have also sold players and have spent a lot less on them.

So tell me again why do Madrid after Barca surely making more of a profit, continue to spend a lot more than Barca do? Or are they just running themselves into debt?

something tells me regardless of what evidence is put in front of you regarding madrid/barcelona spending being almost on a par, how madrid make there money and can spend it without running up a debt that ur gonna favour barca.:rolleyes:

TonyStokeprano
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Madrid made 80 million from player sales at the start of last season, so that basically covered the ronaldo deal. If you check the net spending for both clubs down the last ten years there wont be as big a difference as you think. barcelona have wasted a lot of money on people who havent made the grade at them like saviola, maxi lopez, christinval, Hleb all signed for lots of money

oxymoron
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
he's only £7.5M on the Xbox Pro-Ev. I'd buy him there if I was them!