PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window Now Open.

silverhibee
01-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I think wee may see a couple of new face's paraded at ER this week hopefully, downside is wee may also see bids made for our own players as well.
Let the fun begin.:wink:

zlatan
01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Hartley and Hart?

Diclonius
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Hartley and Hartson and Hart?

YehButNoBut
01-06-2010, 06:03 AM
C'mon guys there's too many Harts threads on this forum already. :wink:

Sandy
01-06-2010, 06:20 AM
I think wee may see a couple of new face's paraded at ER this week hopefully, downside is wee may also see bids made for our own players as well.
Let the fun begin.:wink:

Fun my arse, I hate the silly season :grr: :greengrin. I can handle the speculation of who we are after, but it is out weighed by the 'someone somewhere understands that FC armpit from outer Mongolia are away to offer £50.05 p for Derek Riordan' type reports.

Niffy
01-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Plus there's always the loooooong wait with no new Hibs signings.... for many reasons...

Manager still on holiday

Wages

Players wanting better deals

etc

etc

Then in July , manager says he was close to getting 3 or 4 big names but couldn't finalise deals.

Mikey
01-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Plus there's always the loooooong wait with no new Hibs signings....

Graeme Smith :wink:

matty_f
01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Graeme Smith :wink:

:faf: Think that was announced about a minute after midnight last time!:agree:

Hibs On Tour
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Then in July , manager says he was close to getting 3 or 4 big names but couldn't finalise deals.

Quality! :faf:

3pm
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Hughes was pretty quick off the mark at Falkirk with his signings. I think in his last year, he signed McNamara, Bullen and McCann early on in the summer.

GreenOnions
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Juan Corazon is the name I've heard

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Juan Corazon is the name I've heard

:rolleyes:

GreenOnions
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah - er, sorry about that.

BEEJ
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Hughes was pretty quick off the mark at Falkirk with his signings. I think in his last year, he signed McNamara, Bullen and McCann early on in the summer.
Hughes doesn't finalise the detail of the players' contracts or sign the cheques.

jacomo
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Hughes has been hinting at the need for changes this summer. So it could be an eventful transfer window for Hibs.

Personally I don't feel all that confident about the next three months, but Hughes is in charge so let's see what he does.

RickyS
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Hughes has been hinting at the need for changes this summer. So it could be an eventful transfer window for Hibs.

Personally I don't feel all that confident about the next three months, but Hughes is in charge so let's see what he does.

was he not also quoted as saying, NOT to expect big changes cos he was happy with what he had?

Toaods
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM
:faf: Think that was announced about a minute after midnight last time!:agree:

sadly.

matty_f
02-06-2010, 12:12 AM
sadly.

:boo hoo::boo hoo: That was announced :boo hoo:about :boo hoo: a minute after :boo hoo: midnight last time.:boo hoo:

Like that?

monktonharp
02-06-2010, 12:16 AM

Personally I don't feel all that confident about the next three months, but Hughes is in charge so let's see what he does.conversely,it could be an uneventual transfer window for Hibs :cool2:

KWJ
02-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Don't think it opens until July 1st.

Ray_
02-06-2010, 03:32 AM
was he not also quoted as saying, NOT to expect big changes cos he was happy with what he had?

At the same time five players have have already been shown the door from a not overly big squad.

Hibbyradge
02-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Don't think it opens until July 1st.

That was my understanding too. 1 July - 31 August.

YehButNoBut
02-06-2010, 06:39 AM
That was my understanding too. 1 July - 31 August.

According to Wikipedia the Scottish window is 1st July to 31st August whilst England is the end of the season until 31st August.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

PeterboroHibee
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM
At the same time five players have have already been shown the door from a not overly big squad.

Id be a bit worried if there werent quite a few players brought in; our squad is tiny, if Yogis happy with that I think we could struggle next season.

jacomo
02-06-2010, 08:46 AM

If it's a Tuesday, then yes. On Monday or Friday, Yogi might give you a different answer.

Too many contradictory statements for me to work out what's going on (the Riordan "situation" being a case in point, where rumours about him leaving won't go away despite the manager's public praise for him).

Anyhow, if the transfer window doesn't open for another month, let's just enjoy the World Cup and worry about things then.

Mon the Bamba! :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Could we please have one thread for transfers before we start cluttering up the site, maybe even here????

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Steven Smith can be crossed from the wish list, just signed for Norwich.

silverhibee
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Okay i am going to throw in Bobo Balde's name into the list of the silly rumours, but i have heard that he is back in Scotland and is looking to hopefully get signed up by a club here, he is now out of contract after leaving his last club.

Diclonius
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Well here is a list of absolutely everyone we have been linked with (been keeping track :wink:), someone could put it at the top of the page and update it?

Bruno Aguiar
Ade Akinbiyi
Paul Caddis
Neill Collins
Liam Craig
Helgi Danielsson
Calum Davenport
Callum Davidson
Zander Diamond
Andy Dorman
Darryl Duffy
Ryan Flynn
Michael Gardyne
Leigh Griffths
Alan Gow
Robert Harris
Michael Hart
Paul Hartley
Tom Hateley
Stephen Hughes
Rob Jones
Richard Keogh
Kevin Kyle
Peter Leven
Paddy McCarthy
Ross McCormack
Kevin McHugh
Gary McSheffrey
Filipe Morais
Jody Morris
David Murphy
Fabrice N'Sakala
Daniel Nardiello
Garry O'Connor
Mark Reynolds
Matthew Robson
Marcel Seip
Ian Sharps
Cillian Sheridan
Tam Scobbie
Danny Swanson
Andy Welsh
Calum Woods

Speedway
03-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Id be a bit worried if there werent quite a few players brought in; our squad is tiny, if Yogis happy with that I think we could struggle next season.

Tiny? We had 29 first teamers last month with 5 now having left.

So that's 24 and SL was asking Mixu to get the squad down to 25 for the start of his final season.

Think we'll only see one or two coming in unless players are sold.

Steve20
03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I would be happy if we got in a right back, a centre half and a tough tackling midfielder.

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Okay i am going to throw in Bobo Balde's name into the list of the silly rumours, but i have heard that he is back in Scotland and is looking to hopefully get signed up by a club here, he is now out of contract after leaving his last club.

If its not on the football rumours site, then i'm not getting my hopes up.

erskine-hibby
03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Well here is a list of absolutely everyone we have been linked with (been keeping track :wink:), someone could put it at the top of the page and update it?

Bruno Aguiar
Ade Akinbiyi
Paul Caddis
Neill Collins
Liam Craig
Helgi Danielsson
Calum Davenport
Callum Davidson
Zander Diamond
Andy Dorman
Darryl Duffy
Ryan Flynn
Michael Gardyne
Leigh Griffths
Alan Gow
Robert Harris
Michael Hart
Paul Hartley
Tom Hateley
Stephen Hughes
Rob Jones
Richard Keogh
Kevin Kyle
Peter Leven
Paddy McCarthy
Ross McCormack
Kevin McHugh
Gary McSheffrey
Filipe Morais
Jody Morris
David Murphy
Fabrice N'Sakala
Daniel Nardiello
Garry O'Connor
Mark Reynolds
Matthew Robson
Marcel Seip
Ian Sharps
Cillian Sheridan
Tam Scobbie
Danny Swanson
Andy Welsh
Calum Woods

Kyle is a Jambo.

Hartley in talks with both Hibs and hearts.

Speedway
03-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Kyle is a Jambo.

Heinz?

davemcbain
03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Haven;t seen it elsewhere, so - looks like the first transfer of the window is in......
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/grassroots/blaenau-gwent-sport/2010/06/03/football-calum-joins-hibs-for-keeps-after-a-scottish-tug-o-war-91466-26563295/

woohoo we needed another keeper.

BEEJ
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Tiny? We had 29 first teamers last month with 5 now having left.

So that's 24 and SL was asking Mixu to get the squad down to 25 for the start of his final season.

Think we'll only see one or two coming in unless players are sold.
:agree: Indeed!

26 in the first team squad if you count the return of Moyes and Booth from loan. About 8 inexperienced (at SPL level) youngsters in that lot, though.

HibbyKeith
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Kyle is a Jambo.

Been following the hartley threads, personally think its alot of pish.

but.... if he is in talks with both teams, there's only one winner. we will never match the wages they will offer, and to be honest im glad we wont.

As much as he would improve our midfield, spending decent money on a guy at the end of his career is not the way to go.