PDA

View Full Version : If Paul Hartley signed, would you welcome him back at Hibs?

Diclonius
31-05-2010, 11:06 PM
As above.

Dunbar Hibee
31-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Any player to put on the green and white shirt of Hibernian of course i will cheer him on, no matter who. That being said I rather he didn't...

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I'll support anyone wearing a Hibs jersey, so of course. Do I forgive him for what he done to us whilst playing for the yams? Not unless he does similar things to them what he done to us.

Toaods
31-05-2010, 11:27 PM
He would have to impress to win back favour with me - he's a wee scote until proven otherwise.

That aside, I wouldn't boo him if he does sign...just not support him as such.

Jim44
31-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll support anyone wearing a Hibs jersey, so of course. Do I forgive him for what he done to us whilst playing for the yams? Not unless he does similar things to them what he done to us.

You can't really hold a grudge against him for playing well for our main rivals as he was simply doing what he was being paid professionally to do. However, my recollection is that he was desperate to leave us and (all hearsay, perhaps) that he hates our club. I'd rather not see him return.

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 11:35 PM
You can't really hold a grudge against him for playing well for our main rivals as he was simply doing what he was being paid professionally to do. However, my recollection is that he was desperate to leave us and (all hearsay, perhaps) that he hates our club. I'd rather not see him return.

I agree, but what the performances he produced against us were brilliant. And he served up my most painful memory in recent times as a Hibs fan.

matty_f
31-05-2010, 11:37 PM
I'd rather he didn't sign, but being a football fan and therefore allowed to be especially fickle, if he did sign, I'd probably be quite pleased about it.

Until such a time, though, I'd much rather we looked elsewhere.

hibee4life1983
01-06-2010, 12:02 AM
No

Cameron1875
01-06-2010, 02:22 AM
No

+1

Its almost like celtic wanting barry ferguson!. FFS can people not remember what the jambo fud did to us and the way he goaded the fans for every free kick, goal, corner...

mikey1875
01-06-2010, 05:17 AM
ohh Hartley's not gay!

:wink:

Sandy
01-06-2010, 06:27 AM
+1

Its almost like celtic wanting barry ferguson!. FFS can people not remember what the jambo fud did to us and the way he goaded the fans for every free kick, goal, corner...

He was doing his job, and doing it well IMO, I would applaud Osama Bin Laden in a Hibs strip if he could play right back :agree:

Hibs07p
01-06-2010, 06:32 AM
No!
Definitely past his best.

truehibernian
01-06-2010, 06:34 AM
+1

The very same way a certain Mr Riordan does :agree: Fans are fickle, and if you were getting pelters from the stands and scored a goal, would you not take the opportunity to give it a GIRFUY ? Fair play to Hartley as he took a hell of a lot of stick and took it in good fun. Nowt better than scoring against Los Yambolinos though and giving their fans the Hibee salute in return. The fun of scoring has been taken out of football as it's gone all middle class and PC. Booked for celebrating a goal FFS........just get the game back to being a man's game, a contact sport, and none of this nampby pamby sheeeeite "did you see the way he goaded us linesman". If anything, the atmosphere has gone out of the game because of it.

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2010, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't welcome him no.

But I wouldn't chase him down albion road with a pitch fork either:wink:

Wembley67
01-06-2010, 06:42 AM
He would have to do an Ian Murray on me. He took an awful long time to win me back over...only fairly recently to be honest :cool2:

Brooster
01-06-2010, 06:55 AM
As above.

You keep telling us there is no way he is signing for Hibs which makes your poll irrelevant does it not?!?!?

hfc rd
01-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Despite his Jambo past, Hartley would be a good signing. Someone with a bit of experience but if Yogi has got someone else lined up that is better than Hartley then that will do for me.

Cabbage East
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
No.

Reaper
01-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Any player to put on the green and white shirt of Hibernian of course i will cheer him on, no matter who. That being said I rather he didn't...

My sentiments exactly. I'd rather we didn't sign him but if we do I'll support the Green + White shirt he wears.

down-the-slope
01-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Anyone who puts on the shirt and plays for it like it matters gets my support.

Hartley has been that kind of player no matter who he has played for

Andy74
01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd wecome Hartley no problem. All he's ever done to us is played well against us and wound us up accordingly.

I think we'd all agree that we need one or two players that other teams don't like, it usually means they are effective.

I don't partivulalrly like robbie Savage but i'd take him in a second too and is probably just what we need right now. Hartley won't be far away from that type of player for us. Can't see it happening though but i'd be happy enough with it.

aberhibsfc
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes

Auckland Hibs
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Out of all the players who have ever left Hibs, he's the only one who I would never, ever, ever want to see back at ER again (with Katie a close second).

Hainan Hibs
01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure I'd welcome him back but as soon as he put on the green and white I'd give him my support.

I can't remember him saying anything negative in the press about us (someone can correct me if he did!), and all he is guilty of is trying to wind us up in derbies, and getting utterly raaaaaging at being called gay by us:greengrin

JimBHibees
01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure I'd welcome him back but as soon as he put on the green and white I'd give him my support.

I can't remember him saying anything negative in the press about us (someone can correct me if he did!), and all he is guilty of is trying to wind us up in derbies, and getting utterly raaaaaging at being called gay by us:greengrin

Completely. Wouldnt have an issue as long as he is fit as he is exactly the type of player we need. Can play, can dig, can annoy opponents etc

Diclonius
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
You keep telling us there is no way he is signing for Hibs which makes your poll irrelevant does it not?!?!?

No, not particularly. I feel it's gathered enough interest to be relevant, despite how accurate it will prove to be. And if you read my posts near the end of the thread you'll find I am less sceptical about the idea.

heretoday
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Of course I'd welcome him back. He's a very good player.

I don't care what they do when they leave Hibs. They become non-persons to me then.

If they return and they're still up to it - great.

Keith_M
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
A lot of Hibs fans get on the current players' backs already so how would we notice the difference between their attitude to Hartley and their attitude to the rest of the team?

I'd like to think that any player wearing a Hibs jersey would be given the support of the fans but, unfortunately, it just doesn't work like that. Not that it's much different at any other club, as football fans all have their element of moaners.

Sir David Gray
01-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't really have any problem with Paul Hartley. He played for our biggest rivals, he was targeted by our fans during derby games and gave it back in equal measure.

He did play for Hibs but it was a long time ago, when he was really just starting out in his career and he doesn't claim to have any ties with the club.

If he would be an asset to us, which to be fair is debatable given his age, then I would have no problem with him signing for us.

I would have a much bigger problem with welcoming back Kevin Thomson, should he ever contemplate a return.

lEXO
01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Aye.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
probably would

CapitalHibs
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Some folk need to take a reality check and move on. I'd welcome any player who could possibly make Hibs a better team. It's only a bloody game fer gawd's sake !!!! You would think some people were being asked to have tea and biscuits with Bin Laden.:grr:

HibbyKeith
01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd wecome Hartley no problem. All he's ever done to us is played well against us and wound us up accordingly.

I think we'd all agree that we need one or two players that other teams don't like, it usually means they are effective.

I don't partivulalrly like robbie Savage but i'd take him in a second too and is probably just what we need right now. Hartley won't be far away from that type of player for us. Can't see it happening though but i'd be happy enough with it.

:agree:

Hibs90
01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
He would have to impress to win back favour with me - he's a wee scote until proven otherwise.

That aside, I wouldn't boo him if he does sign...just not support him as such.
Same here.

The Green Man
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
My sentiments exactly. I'd rather we didn't sign him but if we do I'll support the Green + White shirt he wears.

Agreed also. Reckon he is well past his best, he didn't do much for us last time he was at ER and reckon it would just be the same again.

Bayern Bru
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Some folk need to take a reality check and move on. I'd welcome any player who could possibly make Hibs a better team. It's only a bloody game fer gawd's sake !!!! You would think some people were being asked to have tea and biscuits with Bin Laden.:grr:

Some would probably welcome tea and biscuits with Osama more than they would welcome Hartley at ER. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Id welcome him back like i welcome having a shight twice the size it should be.

---------------------------------------------
Sent from my playstation using the toilet.

Riordans Boots
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes I would :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Id welcome him back like i welcome having a shight twice the size it should be.

Sent from my playstation using the toilet.

Me too, just as much as i'd welcome that prick thomson back from the huns. Rather have crabs and warts all over my bellend. I only mentioned thomson because corrie was looking at the thread, thought it might cheer him up. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Me too, just as much as i'd welcome that prick thomson back from the huns. Rather have crabs and warts all over my bellend. I only mentioned thomson because corrie was looking at the thread, thought it might cheer him up. :greengrin

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

sixtwo
01-06-2010, 05:53 PM
not instantly. i'd reserve judgement for a while. I remember how much of a twat he was. That said, i went onto jambosbrokeback yesterday to see what they thought and the general consensus is that they would be gutted if he signed for us so that would be a positive to take.

Chuckie
01-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Ideal scenario.

He signs - It pisses off Hearts fans.

First Training Session - Bamba bums him to death in the showers - He's deed !!

That'd do.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Ideal scenario.

That'd do.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

jdships
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Any player who pulls on the green and white shirt of Hibernian I will cheer , no matter who.
That being said I rather he didn't come here as I can't really see at his age what he now has to offer .

:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Ideal scenario.

That'd do.

:hilarious

greenlex
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
No he is gay and I will throw ***** at him.

hibsbollah
01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
No.

Mind you, I said that about Ian Murray:greengrin

ps-on another slightly different tack i wonder how the yams would respond if they were asked the same question about Deeks? maybe someone go over to brokeback and try it :-)

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 02:11 AM
I'd definitely take him back despite what he's done to us in past games.

Hibs On Tour
02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
In a heartbeat.

Some are kidding themselves that he wouldn't improve our team or that he couldn't still cut it in the SPL. Good engine, can tackle, can pass and a reasonable goal threat. Good bit of business by Yogi/RP there if its true...

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
In a heartbeat.

Some are kidding themselves that he wouldn't improve our team or that he couldn't still cut it in the SPL. Good engine, can tackle, can pass and a reasonable goal threat. Good bit of business by Yogi/RP there if its true...

Not in the game i watched him. Lasted an hour, and the bristol fans said that was the case all season. We have a go at yogi for producing a team that runs out of steam, yet we are talking about signing a 34 year old with the exact same problem?????:confused:

Hibs On Tour
02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Not in the game i watched him. Lasted an hour, and the bristol fans said that was the case all season. We have a go at yogi for producing a team that runs out of steam, yet we are talking about signing a 34 year old with the exact same problem?????:confused:

Running out of steam wasn't our problem. Being overpowered and outplayed was. I still think he could do us a turn for a season...

Ritchie
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
He's deed! :top marks

Storars deed! :bye:

Musselbound
02-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes because he's better than when he left and better than we've currently got. That's all I'm concerned about at the end of the day.

HFC07
02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
If Paul hartly was to play for Hibs I would welcome him back, he is a talented player an would certainly do a job for hibs. Hibs class? Yes he is :agree: