PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Football Rumours

Pages : [1] 2

sunshine1875
31-05-2010, 05:51 PM
31 May 2010 17:28:57
Hibs transfer news;
Paul hartley signed 2 year deal today, will be announced by end of week. As will michael hart.
Garry o'connor in talks over 2 and half year deal.
Richard keogh will sign within next two weeks just to finalise personal terms.
Murray davidson will sign 4 year deal when hibs and st.johnstone can agree transfer price.
Hibs have offered 75k for michael gardyne from ross county.
Leigh griffiths will be a hibs player by end of transfer window for 150k.

Bamba will be signing for blackburn after world cup deal pretty much already done 2.65million with 20 % sell on fee.
Nish will be sold.In talks with barsnley and derby, fee has been accepted of 275k.
S.smith, currie, welsh, byrne and flynn will all go out on loan. smith for season, currie season welsh 6 months, byrne 6 months and flynn season.

Source from within the club can't say who for obvious reasons.

SteveHFC
31-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Hibs transfer news;
Paul hartley signed 2 year deal today, will be announced by end of week. As will michael hart.
Murray davidson will sign 4 year deal when hibs and st.johnstone can agree transfer price.

Bamba will be signing for blackburn after world cup deal pretty much already done 2.65million with 20 % sell on fee.
Nish will be sold.In talks with barsnley and derby, fee has been accepted of 275k.
S.smith, currie, welsh, byrne and flynn will all go out on loan. smith for season, currie season welsh 6 months, byrne 6 months and flynn season.

I would take that.

seanraff07
31-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I would take that.

Me too.

Thecat23
31-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Me three :greengrin

BullbreedHFC
31-05-2010, 06:11 PM
me four :agree:

soupy
31-05-2010, 06:12 PM
me five:greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
31-05-2010, 06:14 PM
me 6. keep nish though

Steve20
31-05-2010, 06:15 PM
There is no chance Hibs will sign Hartley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JE89
31-05-2010, 06:15 PM
O'Connor has been offered a one year deal with Birmingham so why would he come back?
Was Griffiths not a Hibs player when he was in his mid-teens and got punted for being a ned?
Hartley rumour is this summers Brellier rumour.

I will take all these rumours with a large pinch of salt.

.Sean.
31-05-2010, 06:16 PM
No. Gonnae. Happen!

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I was told today Blackpool had signed Paddy McCourt, has this been confirmed?

hibeedonald
31-05-2010, 06:17 PM
me 6. keep nish though

no point if thats true, o'conor and keogh would take his place, leigh griffs is a striker aswell isnt he? so thats bull****. we need a RB and a centre back

Reaper
31-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Hibs transfer news;

I know a source close to him and he's desperate to come but not giving too much away even to his family. St J's agreed in principle a deal apparently thinking he'd stay with him but he's admitted he's interested and now they've changed the goalposts. The 'Tache' is also refusing to back down as they want a 30% sell on fee which he thinks is too much. His agent (Gary Mackay) also had Edinburgh's wee team sniffing around but Murray says he def doesn't want to go there. Watch this space?

Eaststand
31-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Hibs transfer news;

I hope this aint just a bunch of waffle bud and if it's all true, or even if most of it's true, it's just the type of news most of us have been waiting for and Yogi stamping his style of player ER.

GGTTH

Dombie
31-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Me 07! :)

Diclonius
31-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Me eight.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Nish for 275k, get him in the car hughes and drive him doon there now!!

joe_hfc
31-05-2010, 07:02 PM

people said the same about deek miller and stokes did they not?

Sent from my bedroom using my fingers

Hank Schrader
31-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Yeah, we heard you the first time.

aberhibsfc
31-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Lost count, me too.

Steve20
31-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, we heard you the first time.

Good for you.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2010, 07:17 PM

When i'm in the bedroom, i dont have enough fingers to use the computer as well.:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-05-2010, 07:18 PM
When i'm in the bedroom, i dont have enough fingers to use the computer as well.:wink:

Aye, that's 'cos you're a ninja turtle is it no? :confused:

RCNG
31-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Anyone can type "Source from within the club can't say who for obvious reasons."

Just wait and see what happens!!

H18sry
31-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Who's Deek Miller? :confused:

mglancy23
31-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Hibs transfer news;

no keepers :grr::grr: :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
31-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Aw FFS you could have at least made up a name instead of saying the usual i cant give up my sources keek:bitchy:

green.and.white
31-05-2010, 08:21 PM
This is all from that football rumours website, so therfore it's all a load of balls is it not?

Ryan69
31-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Source from inside the club, but can't reveal name Messi signing for Hibs as stated he's always been a fan as is Ronaldo for same reasons, they don't want paid either as they state it would be an honour to play for free! Maradona also in talks as he's keen to come out of retirement as here the gears pretty good in Edinburgh
Sent fae my mobile while scratching my chin

SloopJB
31-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Anyone can type "Source from within the club can't say who for obvious reasons."

Just wait and see what happens!!

It's taken directly from the football rumours website therefore none will happen.

CapitalHibs
31-05-2010, 08:34 PM
no point if thats true, o'conor and keogh would take his place, leigh griffs is a striker aswell isnt he? so thats bull****. we need a RB and a centre back

Eh.... Keogh plays right back/centre half

.Sean.
31-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Source from inside the club, but can't reveal name Messi signing for Hibs as stated he's always been a fan as is Ronaldo for same reasons, they don't want paid either as they state it would be an honour to play for free! Maradona also in talks as he's keen to come out of retirement as here the gears pretty good in Edinburgh
Obviously I can't reveal my source (a high-profile club insider, however), but i'm well informed that a Mr David Beckham will be signing in the summer. I understand winding down his career at the Leith San Siro is an ambition 'Becks' has harboured since his heady days at Manchester United. I'm also ever-so reliably informed that this is the true reason as to why 'The Tash' has ordered the re-construction of the East, as he sees this as the ideal spot from were the hardcore element will get the best view of Mrs Beckham. Rod Petrie is a shrewd and extremely astute businessman and he knows this venture is guarunteed to get bums on seats and pack out Scottish stadia every week.

Watch this space... :wink:

Sent from my w*nking chariot whilst picking my erse.

rebhar
31-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Who's Deek Miller? :confused:
He forgot to put a comma after deek:wink:so it would say:
deek, miller and stokes

blairwallace
31-05-2010, 08:45 PM
just seen wayne rooney and john terry come out the west stand enterance, asked them are yous signing rooney just gave me a wee wink, terry gave my bird a wink

watch this space

Hank Schrader
31-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Good for you.

Aye well you've mentioned it about 1458 times at the last count:rolleyes:

Tell me this Steve, do you ever have anything positive to say on this site? I have yet to see it.

IWasThere2016
31-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I want to know what their websites are like?!?!?

CapitalHibs
31-05-2010, 08:51 PM
So starting day line-up?

Brown

Hart
Keogh
Hanlon
Murray

Davidson
Miller
Hartley
Deeks

O'Conner
Stokes

subs
Gardyne
Griffiths
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Thicot
Rankin:dunno:
Stack

Ah'll take that!:drool:

At The Edge
31-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Ah see i heard Maradona was to be Technical Director! :agree:
Also due to the amount of new WAGS who will be coming to the club to watch the new superstars in green and white, Harvey Nicks have permission to open a store in the new east stand with 30% of sales going to the Tache

Hibs90
31-05-2010, 09:19 PM

Keogh is a centre half.

McHibby
31-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Keogh is a centre half.

Out of interest, how is this pronounced?!

sent from my laptop when I should really be studying

matty_f
31-05-2010, 09:43 PM

"Big man":agree:

McHibby
31-05-2010, 09:48 PM
"Big man":agree:

:thumbsup:

Aubenas
31-05-2010, 09:50 PM

If you're from the west of Ireland, probably 'Kyo.'
Otherwise, 'Kee Oh'
:agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
31-05-2010, 09:55 PM
just seen wayne rooney and john terry come out the west stand enterance, asked them are yous signing rooney just gave me a wee wink, terry gave my bird a wink

watch this space

Does that mean you won't shake hands with him?

Bayern Bru
31-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Updated post on the rumours website seems to be suggesting Stevenson told his mate about Hartley being at EM, and confirmed that most of the other transfer talk was true.

:dizzy:

darwenhibby
31-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I was told today Blackpool had signed Paddy McCourt, has this been confirmed?

Heard from a really good source Riordan is going to Blackpool and we are getting a really hot prospect from them.I believe he is players young player of the year at Blackpool.

Lets see what he is like when he gets back from Ibiza:wink:

Gerard
31-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Hibs transfer news;

That is good news if it happens
G:thumbsup:

maturehibby
31-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Heard from a really good source Riordan is going to Blackpool and we are getting a really hot prospect from them.I believe he is players young player of the year at Blackpool.

Hope its not Steven Dobbie - though Charlie Adam would do

hibeemad
01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan69;2482307]Source from inside the club, but can't reveal name Messi signing for Hibs as stated he's always been a fan as is Ronaldo for same reasons, they don't want paid either as they state it would be an honour to play for free! Maradona also in talks as he's keen to come out of retirement as here the gears pretty good in Edinburgh
Sent fae my mobile while scratching my chin[/QUOTE

not Hibs class mate

silverhibee
01-06-2010, 12:46 AM

:hmmm: :cool2:

Purehibee_MYB
01-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Do we even have enough space on the wage bill for all those players? as well as enough money? Would definitely take Keogh, Hartley, and O'connor... but I'm not so sure we need the others..

Ray_
01-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Do we even have enough space on the wage bill for all those players? as well as enough money? Would definitely take Keogh, Hartley, and O'connor... but I'm not so sure we need the others..

We certainly need a RB.

hibsforeurope
01-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Hibs transfer news;

I've heard 2 of these targets are true, would be a good summer if we got all 6!:thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
01-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I've heard 2 of these targets are true, would be a good summer if we got all 6!:thumbsup:

C'mon tell us which 2. :greengrin

hibsforeurope
01-06-2010, 07:20 AM
C'mon tell us which 2. :greengrin

I got a txt last night about O'Connor and heard about Davidson a week or so ago.

LancsHibs
01-06-2010, 08:11 AM

I take it that this lad is named after a 'nut':wink:

hfc rd
01-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Hibs transfer news;

Definitely would take that.

seanraff07
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Obviously I can't reveal my source (a high-profile club insider, however), but i'm well informed that a Mr David Beckham will be signing in the summer. I understand winding down his career at the Leith San Siro is an ambition 'Becks' has harboured since his heady days at Manchester United. I'm also ever-so reliably informed that this is the true reason as to why 'The Tash' has ordered the re-construction of the East, as he sees this as the ideal spot from were the hardcore element will get the best view of Mrs Beckham. Rod Petrie is a shrewd and extremely astute businessman and he knows this venture is guarunteed to get bums on seats and pack out Scottish stadia every week.

Watch this space... :wink:

Sent from my w*nking chariot whilst picking my erse.

Not Hibs class.:grr:

YehButNoBut
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Thse were on todays footie rumours

01 Jun 2010 16:30:08
Hibs updated:
Ins
Hughes(loan) norwich
keogh(free)
welsh(60k) yeovil
reynolds (150k) motherwell
hateley(free) motherwel
akinbiyi (free)
collins (loan)wolves

outs:
zemmama(2m) espanyol
riordan(1m)derby
bamba(1m) ipswich
hogg(500k) middlesboro
stokes (2.5m)ipswich

Baader
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Hibs updated:
Ins
Hughes(loan) norwich
keogh(free)
welsh(60k) yeovil
hateley(free) motherwel
akinbiyi (free)
collins (loan)wolves

outs:
zemmama(2m) espanyol
riordan(1m)derby
bamba(1m) ipswich
hogg(500k) middlesboro
stokes (2.5m)ipswich

£7M in, 210k out. Sounds like Hibs. Think they'd need to invest a bit more of that to appease the fans if any of this is near true (if it's on that sight though it's more likely complete tosh...)

keep the faith
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Can someone clear up the OConnor rumour. This has been kicking around for weeks. I Would love it to be true, but has he not just signed a new deal at Birmingham?

Sure I read in on the BBC site.

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Can someone clear up the OConnor rumour. This has been kicking around for weeks. I Would love it to be true, but has he not just signed a new deal at Birmingham?

Sure I read in on the BBC site.

He was offered a new contract about two weeks ago but i haven't actually heard whether he accepted it or not.

jacomo
02-06-2010, 08:55 AM

:hilarious :bye:

Pretty Boy
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Hibs updated:
Ins
Hughes(loan) norwich
keogh(free)
welsh(60k) yeovil
hateley(free) motherwel
akinbiyi (free)
collins (loan)wolves

outs:
zemmama(2m) espanyol
riordan(1m)derby
bamba(1m) ipswich
hogg(500k) middlesboro
stokes (2.5m)ipswich

If that was true we would be looking at a relegation scrap.

Thankfully it's from football rumours so it's obviously complete nonsense.

GordonR
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Jockie Scott won't be happy about that.

http://dundeebarryleighgriffiths.blogspot.com/

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
02 Jun 2010 10:49:29
Cardiff City

Cardiff City will sell Ross McCormack to Hibs for £2.5m.

You've got to laugh! :faf:

NOLA
02-06-2010, 12:02 PM

watch this space
:thumbsup:

Teo10
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Wouldn't mind that lanky Davidson, allways played well when I have seen him...

Sent From My Mind...Because I am That Damn Good

Hibs90
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
02 Jun 2010 10:49:29
Cardiff City

Cardiff City will sell Ross McCormack to Hibs for £2.5m.

You've got to laugh! :faf:

:greengrin

Would love to see McCormack at Hibs though.

Ell_Chrisso
03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Anyone heard anymore news on Hartley & O'Connor ??

Got a text last night, that Hartley HAS already signed & the club are just waiting for everything to be finalised before releasing it.. and that O'Connor is 100% coming back to Hibs.

And that one is from within the family.

This just Nade, or anyone else hearing the same?

Speedway
03-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Anyone heard anymore news on Hartley & O'Connor ??

Got a text last night, that Hartley HAS already signed & the club are just waiting for everything to be finalised before releasing it.. and that O'Connor is 100% coming back to Hibs.

And that one is from within the family.

This just Nade, or anyone else hearing the same?

HAS as in FACT?

miniboco
05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
another tidbit from our favourite site

DERBY COUNTY INS AND OUTS JUST HEARD FROM A RELIABLE MATE BUT NOT 100%

INS:
HOOPER–Sc**tHORPE
AUSTIN–SWINDON
HARRAD–BURTON ALBION
BUIJIS–DEN HAAG
RIORDAN–HIBERNIAN
DIAMOND–ABERDEEN

OUTS:
CONNOLLY–LEEDS–COMPLETE
HULSE–LEEDS/BURNLEY–1.5M
GREEN–SUNDERLAND–(HOPE NOT)
VARNEY–HIBERNIAN
http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10270~23693,00.html

would not be happy with this like

miniboco
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I love this site:

05 Jun 2010 17:44:12
BLACKPOOL (remember; extremely limited funds)

INS:
Firstly, we need a keeper for cover, or maybe even prove themselves good enough. If they don't cement a first–team place, Holloway will have to look in January for a keeper good enough, as Rachubka isn't.
TONY WARNER – FREE AGENT .OR.
JOSH WAGENAAR – FREE AGENT .OR.
JONNY TUFFEY – FREE AGENT
All of these are full internationals, so are certainly good enough to at least provide cover, and worth it on a free.

Secondly, with Coleman returning to Everton, we'll need an another right–back with premier league experience to battle it out with the unproven Neal Eardley:
BERNARD MENDY – FREE AGENT
MORITZ VOLZ – FREE AGENT
I think Mendy's wage demands might be a little too steep for us, but he bearsd the most similarity to Coleman and would fit into our system better than the more realistic Volz.

Furthermore, we're going to need cover and competition at centre–back, as Evatt will look suspect at the highest level. Again Holloway will have to wield some clever free agent signings due to low funds and wage budget:
THIERRY GATHUESSI – FREE AGENT
STEVEN CALDWELL – FREE AGENT
JOZEF VALACHOVIC – FREE AGENT
Gathuessi is an easy, maybe desperate signing but he has been capped by Cameroon. Valachovic would bring a lot of international and domestic experience and eastern–European bruteness.

As for left–backs, i think Holloway will see if the promising Crainey can make the step up, but he may opt for another option:
LEE WALLACE – HEARTS (£2–3M)
NICKY SHOREY – READING (£3–4M)
KEVIN KILBANE – HULL (£0–1M)
KIERAN GIBBS – ARSENAL (LOAN)
Kilbane is the most likely, as he is cheapest and is rumoured for a move away, however he has lots of experience and is versatile, plus he would jump at the chance to stay in the PL. Shorey is idealistic, he may demand too high a wagea dn the fee might be beyond us for a full–back. Wallace may want a bigger club. Gibbs is very likely, Wenger will want him to have sufficient PL experience.

Southern isn't good enough for the premier league, and with Bangura and Martin released – it leaves a gap in the anchor role:
KAGISHO DIKGACOI – FULHAM (LOAN)
MICHAEL BROWN – PORTSMOUTH (£0–1M)
CRAIG EASTMOND – ARSENAL (LOAN)
NEMANJA MATIC – CHELSEA (LOAN)
Dikgacoi hasn't played much for Fulham this season and will be itching for a real crack at the PL, and if he has a good World Cup, there could be competition. Brown might want to stay at Pompey as he is vice–captain, but he may be forced out and would provide that combative edge that we need. Eastmond is a very promising player and Wenger wouldn't say no to a PL loan for the 19–year–old who can also fill in at RB. Matic again possible, with Ancelotti knowing he won't use him much next season.

With the probable release of Burgess, and Nardiello, Bouazza, Nardiello and Mitchley already gone, we're in desperate need of numbers up top, with wingers and stikers on the agenda:
GAEL KAKUTA – CHELSEA (LOAN)
MIROSLAV STOCH – CHELSEA (LOAN)
LUKE FREEMAN – ARSENAL (LOAN)
VINCENT ABUBAKAR – COTONSPORT GAROUA (£1–2M)
LYNEL KITAMBALA – DIJON (£1–2M)
STEFAN MAIERHOFER – WOLVES (3–4M)

OUT:
Seamus Coleman – loan return to Everton
Joe Martin – released
Danny Mitchley – released
Al Bangura – released

I'm sure rod will have masterminded in HKT's contract before he left that if he ever ended up playing in the EPL hibs would get paid a nominal fee for our help in progressing him to EPL standard :devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2010, 10:06 PM
If he gets a game in the EPL I'm pitting ma boots back on. Seriously.

RickyS
06-06-2010, 12:23 AM
HAS as in FACT?

does that mean he HAS and you know that for a FACT? or are you asking a question of someone else? sorry its late and I should be asleep. (Damn P*rn):greengrin

davym7062
06-06-2010, 12:51 AM
for whats its worth i heard from a birmingham fan today that garry o is coming to hibs on loan

truehibernian
06-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Thierry has been offered a deal with a Spanish Second Division side last I heard, which was very recently. He may even have signed I don't know.

Barney McGrew
06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
for whats its worth i heard from a birmingham fan today that garry o is coming to hibs on loan

His contract is up with Birmingham this summer, so he'd need to re-sign at St Andrews first for that to happen :cool2:

mjhibby
06-06-2010, 09:50 AM
We seem to have a few brellier to hibs and gullit to manage hertz contenders here.Oconnor and hartley coming to hibs are surely up there with them.Its going to be a long summer and thank god for the world cup.

PaulSmith
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Michael Hart adamant that he won't leave Preston to take a pay cut, if true then Hughes will need to start looking elsewhere IMO

YehButNoBut
06-06-2010, 10:13 AM
A few from todays footie rumours

Goncalves to stay in Scotland.Dundee Utd favourites. (would take him at Hibs) :agree:
Stokes to stay at Hibs. (Hopefully true)

06 Jun 2010 00:30:17
BLACKPOOL NEWS
riordan[price now 1.5.mill not, 500.000

YehButNoBut
06-06-2010, 10:22 AM

Goncalves to stay in Scotland.Dundee Utd favourites. (would take him at Hibs) :agree:

BLACKPOOL NEWS

Just a thought on that last post, if Goncalves is happy to stay in Scotland would you take him at Hibs, would be a great player for us IMO, not sure about his wage demands though.

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Just a thought on that last post, if Goncalves is happy to stay in Scotland would you take him at Hibs, would be a great player for us IMO, not sure about his wage demands though.

He would be a great player for us, but as you say wages will be the stumbling block.

Aldo
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
goncalves would be an excellent signing. Put it this way...there is no way Utd could afford his wages as I believe they pay even less than us.

TBH cannot see it (non starter from this website) would cost too much.

We can only but dream.

YehButNoBut
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
goncalves would be an excellent signing. Put it this way...there is no way Utd could afford his wages as I believe they pay even less than us.

TBH cannot see it (non starter from this website) would cost too much.

We can only but dream.

He is the standard of player we should be trying to sign to improve the team and would cost us nothing in transfer fees.

Aldo
06-06-2010, 10:48 AM
He is the standard of player we should be trying to sign to improve the team and would cost us nothing in transfer fees.

Totally agree. Without a doubt an excellent player and would add strength, pace and ability to our Back 4.

Quality players cost quality money and not sure if we could afford him. (Apart from the Yams I personally believe we are the only team outwith the OF that could.)

Kevvy1875
06-06-2010, 11:56 AM
'Goncalves to stay in Scotland.Dundee Utd favourites.
cant see that hearts offered him £10g plus per week utd could at most offer £3g prob of to Europe or championship, hibs and hearts after Griffifs from Dundee £300000 would get him, he wants to play for hibs but hearts would offer more in wages, looks like Hart from Preston on way to hibs, Hughes do some of his usual surprise signings heard a link up with Latapy and Trinidad could be on the cards at easter road rirdon and stokes to stay poss new deals on table for them'

More wee nuggets:greengrin

The Latapy link up is interesting:agree:

Bayern Bru
06-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Hart, Hartley, poss Sproule and Hemdani to Hibs in next 2 weeks. Stack to leave and Mark Brown to be number 1 goalie.

:cool2:

Diclonius
06-06-2010, 01:59 PM
:cool2:

The Hemdani rumour sure is growing..

Riordans Boots
06-06-2010, 02:07 PM

BLACKPOOL NEWS

The heading reads 15m :confused: but the actual figure reads 1.5m

http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/blackpool_ponder_15m_bid_for_hibs_striker_derek_ri ordan_rss829620.shtml

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 02:14 PM
06 Jun 2010 14:04:33
Bristol City want Hibernian Defender Sol Bamba. Manager Steve Coppell is looking for a big ball winning defender and hopes a bid of 300K plus winger Ivan Sproule will get him his man. 25 year old Bamba played 30 times for Hibs last season and Coppell has been impressed with teh reviews hes got back

Hamish
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
The heading reads 15m :confused: but the actual figure reads 1.5m

http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/blackpool_ponder_15m_bid_for_hibs_striker_derek_ri ordan_rss829620.shtml

Rod had his car at Gretna before he realised

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
06 Jun 2010 16:11:00
Paul hartley will now not be signing for hibs now, instead he will be going to an unnamed spl club.
good source

06 Jun 2010 16:26:24
Burnley have signed anthony stokes for 2.5mil

MacBean
06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Bristol City want Hibernian Defender Sol Bamba. Manager Steve Coppell is looking for a big ball winning defender and hopes a bid of 300K plus winger Ivan Sproule will get him his man. 25 year old Bamba played 30 times for Hibs last season and Coppell has been impressed with teh reviews hes got back
:faf: :faf::faf: :faf::faf: :faf:

hibee4life1983
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
What more guff salford? That site really is nonsense eh?

bingo70
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM

:agree:

for the life of me i can't understand why people find it funny or feel the need to post it here, it's just people making stuff up, whats funny about that :confused:

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 04:19 PM

Totally is mate

Cropley10
06-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Totally is mate

:agree: no way will Hartley sign for anyone but Hibs now.

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
:agree: no way will Hartley sign for anyone but Hibs now.

Is that a fact mate, not sure about this one what is he 34yr old, maybe Houston at Dundee Utd has shown his interest.

sunshine1875
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
06 Jun 2010 23:35:46
Lewis Stevenson is a top target for Cardiff City.

Ross McCormack, Gavin Rae and Kevin McNaughton have recommended the young left–back to David Jones. McNaughton has said he will even switch to right–back to make way for Lewis in the squad.

07 Jun 2010 13:25:01
HIBERNIAN/HEARTS NEWS

Hibs manager is on the verge of signing ex–Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani on a free, across the city Hearts boss Jim Jefferies looks set to test Dundee's hand with a bid for striker Leigh Griffithis.

THE BIG MAN (always in the know)

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
07 Jun 2010 14:30:19
Celtic team nex year

gk boruc
rb caddis cb campbell cb o'dea lb wallace
rm mcgeady cm brown cm bullard lm lawrence
rs rasmussen ls stokes :confused:

lennon to be manager with mialby and thompson helping out celtic to be champions 2010/11
Hail Hail

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Can anyone tell me of an instance when any of these rumour factories actually get it right.

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Can anyone tell me of an instance when any of these rumour factories actually get it right.

Yeah after it has been offically announced by the club :greengrin

hibee4life1983
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM
And again, more guff, no chance of leigh goin to hertz.

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 10:55 PM
If any of the info on that site had been true we would have heard something concrete by now no?

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
More crap

U don't have a clue what ur talking about Leeds are nothing compared to Celtic! You were a good team ages ago but now you are sh*t! Your signings above are pish execpt James mcarthur and silva who I doubt you will get. Anyway now your back in ur place time for some rumors.
INS–
Jimmy Bullard, sol Campbell, Joe Ledley, Liam Lawrence, Michael Owen (maybe), landry n'guemo, Diomansy Kamara.

Outs–
Koki mizuno– Falkirk loan
Paul Caddis– Cardiff
Marc Wilson– Hibs
Ben Hutchinson– Caley thistle loan

miniboco
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeovil town fans– Andy Welsh has agreed terms with hibs and deal will go through for 70k on 1st july, im from street but live in just outside edinburgh!

http://www.ytfc.net/page/FirstTeam/0,,10673~18832,00.html

another midget but sounds like he could do a job... thoughts?

Bayern Bru
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeovil town fans– Andy Welsh has agreed terms with hibs and deal will go through for 70k on 1st july, im from street but live in just outside edinburgh!

http://www.ytfc.net/page/FirstTeam/0,,10673~18832,00.html (http://www.ytfc.net/page/FirstTeam/0,,10673%7E18832,00.html)

5'10's hardly a midget compared to last season's midfield. :confused:
It's just another rumour. If it's true, it'll happen but I don't see why it has any more truth in it than the Christian Nade rumour right now.

Owain_1987
08-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Was told today Richard Keogh missus did not want to move north so I said dump the woman. I go to uni see so know many Carlisle fans :grr:

SalfordHibs
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
08 Jun 2010 17:14:31
Lennon to be appointed manager on Wednesday first signing will be Anthony Stokes from Hibs 2.5 million plus Paul Caddis.

Mick

SalfordHibs
09-06-2010, 10:45 AM
09 Jun 2010 11:29:44
Barnsley F.C rumour

Barnsley are hoping to tie up a deal for Hibernian striker Colin Nish they face stiff competition from Aberdeen, & Doncaster, £170k bid has been accepted by Hibernian just going through the player's personal terms.

God i hope this is true :agree:

sunshine1875
10-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Any update on the transfer news below?

Hibs transfer news;

Musselbound
10-06-2010, 10:30 AM

http://www.ytfc.net/page/FirstTeam/0,,10673~18832,00.html

No idea of his quality but he looks to have a decent CV and we could do with more width and someone who can cross the ball. Perhaps needs to be better than Galbraith though to justify another wage if he is a left-sided midfielder and I don't know how Burton O'Brien fits into all this.

There might be another O'Brien available on a free soon as well.:bitchy:

sunshine1875
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Todays!

12 Jun 2010 14:50:03
Wotherspoon (hibs) to celtic.

12 Jun 2010 14:20:16
Vladimir Romanov has stated that Hearts will not do business for Driver any less than 4m. He know that when Driver gets back to full fitness he will more than likely be an international player.

Hearts pursuit of Craig Bryson has also hit complications with Kevin Kyles criticism of the Kilmarnock chairman who may now play hard ball. A 400k bid may be enough to tempt the financially crippled Kilmarnock.

12 Jun 2010 14:16:43
Hibs have completed the signing of michael hart and it will be announced tomorrow or on monday.

houston1875
12-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Barnsley F.C rumour

Barnsley are hoping to tie up a deal for Hibernian striker Colin Nish they face stiff competition from Aberdeen, & Doncaster, £170k bid has been accepted by Hibernian just going through the player's personal terms.

what??? Mr Nish,gotta stay!!!

I'm_cabbaged
12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Barnsley F.C rumour

And replace with who for £170K?

sunshine1875
16-06-2010, 01:25 PM
16 Jun 2010 14:06:08
Richard Keogh has turned down a new deal at Carlisle and is set to move south with Bristol Rovers and Colchester thought to be interested in the defender. Expect a decision within the next week or so.

:rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2010, 02:50 PM
16 Jun 2010 14:06:08
Richard Keogh has turned down a new deal at Carlisle and is set to move south with Bristol Rovers and Colchester thought to be interested in the defender. Expect a decision within the next week or so.

i heard he was coming to us. dead cert...... hmmmmm:cool2:

cyber8
16-06-2010, 05:55 PM
i heard he was coming to us. dead cert...... hmmmmm:cool2:

Hope so:thumbsup:

heidtheba
16-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Don't believe this one but, heres something I've been thinking over, if Dunfermline are due to get some cash when/if we sell Bamba then what happens if most of the fee is made up with a player/players? :confused:

sunshine1875
17-06-2010, 11:01 AM
17 Jun 2010 08:49:33
Sunderland, Norwich and Hibs all want to sign Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster

17 Jun 2010 09:25:12
Hibernian FC.

Lots of talk about O'Connor coming back, which I heard some months ago, (as he's looking forward to living back in East Lothian)but that means we lose Stokes or Riordan or Nish. Other moves will be confirmed now that Yogi's back from his holiday in the States. Stevenson will go, perhaps Rankin, Bamba will certainly go south, maybe back to PSG where his family are. A lot of younger players will be sent out on loan to clubs in the central belt of Scotland ( 1st 2nd division )'cos there's no reserve league up here. probably only another 3 signings to Hibs, but balanced by the outs. Source is a former player who is still in contact with some of the current squad.

Jimbo

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-06-2010, 11:13 AM
17 Jun 2010 08:49:33
Sunderland, Norwich and Hibs all want to sign Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster

17 Jun 2010 09:25:12
Hibernian FC.

Lots of talk about O'Connor coming back, which I heard some months ago, (as he's looking forward to living back in East Lothian)but that means we lose Stokes or Riordan or Nish. Other moves will be confirmed now that Yogi's back from his holiday in the States. Stevenson will go, perhaps Rankin, Bamba will certainly go south, maybe back to PSG where his family are. A lot of younger players will be sent out on loan to clubs in the central belt of Scotland ( 1st 2nd division )'cos there's no reserve league up here. probably only another 3 signings to Hibs, but balanced by the outs. Source is a former player who is still in contact with some of the current squad.

Jimbo

If he's fat, then he knew all along :cool2:

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Todays!

12 Jun 2010 14:50:03
Wotherspoon (hibs) to celtic.

12 Jun 2010 14:20:16
Vladimir Romanov has stated that Hearts will not do business for Driver any less than 4m. He know that when Driver gets back to full fitness he will more than likely be an international player.

Hearts pursuit of Craig Bryson has also hit complications with Kevin Kyles criticism of the Kilmarnock chairman who may now play hard ball. A 400k bid may be enough to tempt the financially crippled Kilmarnock.

12 Jun 2010 14:16:43
Hibs have completed the signing of michael hart and it will be announced tomorrow or on monday.

:grr: Why has this not been announced, it's 4 days late. :grr:

Ell_Chrisso
17-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Michael Hart 2 Year deal, to be announced 2mro..
G O'C been training past two weeks, and to complete his deal of 2 years also
David Murphy 6 month loan deal from Bham

Possibly a winger in from Man U.

Heard it here ;)

CapitalHibs
17-06-2010, 01:16 PM

Heard it here ;)

I'd think most Hibs supporters would cream themselves if that happened:agree:

YehButNoBut
17-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Heard it here ;)

Take that, and Ryan Giggs as well for a bit experience. :wink:

Speedway
17-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Take that, and Ryan Giggs as well for a bit experience. :wink:

Defo wouldn't sign Take That.

M8UDB
17-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd think most Hibs supporters would cream themselves if that happened:agree:

I just have and thats just the thought of this happning :eyes:

YehButNoBut
17-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Defo wouldn't sign Take That.

Gary Barlow looks a bit overweight but Mark Owen is quite tricky. :wink:

Speedway
17-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Gary Barlow looks a bit overweight but Mark Owen is quite tricky. :wink:

Rangers are reportedly looking at Jason Orange.

Dr Jimmy
17-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Rangers are reportedly looking at Jason Orange.

And Mark Owen......£31 Million to the bank .............:duck:............I will get my coat!

Petrie's Tache
17-06-2010, 02:08 PM

Heard it here ;)

Gray?

Also have just *** at the thought that this may be true. How sure are you on this?

Ell_Chrisso
17-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Been assured from a relatively good source. So we will soon see if this is true. :cool2:

Hibee_Lisa
17-06-2010, 02:29 PM

Heard it here ;)

:pray::pray: Would be immense if that happened.

Scooter
17-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Been assured from a relatively good source. So we will soon see if this is true. :cool2:

nah yer a pal of McBean so i dont believe you :greengrin

Aspire
17-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Heard it here ;)

Please be true!!

MacBean
17-06-2010, 02:40 PM
nah yer a pal of McBean so i dont believe you :greengrin

If its the source i think he is on about then it is of good quality. Has been right in the past about a certain players exit weeeeell before it happened

And he's no my pal - i'm stuck with the ******** for life:boo hoo: - he's blood :thumbsup:

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 02:42 PM

Heard it here ;)

Can't see this happening tbh but hope im proved wrong!

Speedway
17-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Can't see this happening tbh but hope im proved wrong!

Around this time last year, we couldn't see Stokes or Miller happening either.

Ell_Chrisso
17-06-2010, 02:52 PM

If its the source i think he is on about then it is of good quality. Has been right in the past about a certain players exit weeeeell before it happened

And he's no my pal - i'm stuck with the ******** for life:boo hoo: - he's blood :thumbsup:

Not at t in the p tho ;)

I am also hopefull of this, so we will soon see. I cant help think tho, that we are getting rid of someone worth a bit of value i.e Riordan/Stokes/Bamba to compensate??

Surely we aint holding onto every1 AND adding to the value ?? :greengrin

MSK
17-06-2010, 04:28 PM

Heard it here ;)On his own ?

sunshine1875
17-06-2010, 06:14 PM
17 Jun 2010 13:01:16
Hibs are to bid around 500k for Rangers' Lithuanian striker Andrius Velicka. If the deal goes through then Colin Nish will be sold as John Hughes looks to add more dimension to his strikeforce in signing the former Hearts forward.

:shocked:

Aldo
17-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Hibs are to bid around 500k for Rangers' Lithuanian striker Andrius Velicka. If the deal goes through then Colin Nish will be sold as John Hughes looks to add more dimension to his strikeforce in signing the former Hearts forward.

:faf:

Bayern Bru
17-06-2010, 06:17 PM
On his own ?

Given his injuries/lack of games, would it be outlandish of me to suggest he might require extra training to be fit enough in time for the pre-season games and subsequent assault on the Europa League? :cool2:

HibbyAndy
17-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Right here we go..Here's my tuppence worth.

Hart has pretty much sighned, Id be staggeredf if it wasnt announced by the weekend.

I know nothing of Murphy and O'connor.. BUT IMO i cant see any/both of them signing...Garry WAS training at East Mains tho..FACT..make of that what you will...He was maybe taking advantage of the facilities whilst back home.

Im lead to believe A.N other is nearly signed also but i wont say. So dont PM me.

Sweep
17-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Hart has pretty much sighned, Id be staggeredf if it wasnt announced by the weekend.

I know nothing of Murphy and O'connor.. BUT IMO i cant see any/both of them signing...Garry WAS training at East Mains tho..FACT..make of that what you will...He was maybe taking advantage of the facilities whilst back home.

Im lead to believe A.N other is nearly signed also but i wont say. So dont PM me.

Ok can you PM me then. :wink:

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Around this time last year, we couldn't see Stokes or Miller happening either.

But they were a one off imho so doesn't mean every name connected with us is going to sign. I just like dismissing things anyway least then if it does happen im surprised rather than dissapointed.

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 08:02 PM

I'd rather keep nish! :duck:

shamo9
17-06-2010, 08:14 PM
But they were a one off imho so doesn't mean every name connected with us is going to sign. I just like dismissing things anyway least then if it does happen im surprised rather than dissapointed.

How can two entirely separate instances be a one off? :confused:

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 08:22 PM
How can two entirely separate instances be a one off? :confused:

I'm meaning big names being connected with us are one offs or very rare anyway.

hibsboy90
17-06-2010, 08:31 PM

Is it one to get excited about? Don't even have to say whether we'll know him etc, but will the majority be happy?

As for Velicka, yes i'd take him.

Riordans Boots
17-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Was wearing his flip flops whilst driving his white Bentley just yesterday ... :thumbsup:

Has signed a 6 month extended contract I am led to believe ... therefore will not be wearing a Hibs jersey this coming season.

Speedway
18-06-2010, 08:08 AM

You just don't want to be the one to tell us that we've signed Burton O'Brien do you?

H18sry
18-06-2010, 08:14 AM

Heard it here ;)

No you heard it here 1st http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?185572-Alan-Rough :greengrin

Speedway
18-06-2010, 08:21 AM
No you heard it here 1st http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?185572-Alan-Rough :greengrin

There's a word on the street that GO'C has signed a new deal with Brum in the last few days.

H18sry
18-06-2010, 08:25 AM
There's a word on the street that GO'C has signed a new deal with Brum in the last few days.

With the strikers Bimingham have signed, they may opt to send him out on loan to prove his fitness before extending his six month contract, win win for us and BCFC :wink:

MacBean
18-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm meaning big names being connected with us are one offs or very rare anyway.

Abdessalam Benjelloun
Merouane Zemmama
Ólafur Gottskálksson
:confused:

:wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
18-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Abdessalam Benjelloun
Merouane Zemmama
Ólafur Gottskálksson
:confused:

Hee hee

SalfordHibs
18-06-2010, 11:24 AM
18 Jun 2010 11:35:51
Hibs rumours

John Hughes has done it again he has pulled off four great signings

Edwin De Graff – NAC Breda

Garry O'Connor – Birmingham free

David Murphy – Birmingham 6 month loan deal

Michael Hart – Preston free

More signings coulbe on the way it will all depend on who's leaving the club.

Source: Football agent

MyJo
18-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Hibs rumours

so someone has posted what has been mentioned on here yesterday on football rumours today only for you to then post the information from football rumours again on here??

i thought you were "in the know" about these things? why would someone with insider information spend time trawling that idiotic website and regurgitate its pish on here when everything that has been mentioned there originated or has been mentioned on this thread already?

Dr Jimmy
18-06-2010, 12:14 PM
so someone has posted what has been mentioned on here yesterday on football rumours today only for you to then post the information from football rumours again on here??

i thought you were "in the know" about these things? why would someone with insider information spend time trawling that idiotic website and regurgitate its pish on here when everything that has been mentioned there originated or has been mentioned on this thread already?

I think we know why he does it..........:wink:

H18sry
18-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I think we know why he does it..........:wink:

:fishin::stirrer::na na:

Woody70x2
18-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Hibs rumours

The thing is... Hibs need to make signings like this to boost the number of fans in our increasing capacity stadium. I personally would get a wee bit excited at GOC and DM coming home - even for a wee while.

SalfordHibs
18-06-2010, 02:37 PM

TBH i never heard anything about O'Connor or Murphy, although i did hear about others :wink:...I posted it up on Football rumours :faf:

Ell Chrisso posted it up on here is he a suspect :cool2: :hmmm:

NOLA
18-06-2010, 07:36 PM
i heard in the pub Ivan Sproule is coming back here! pub talk on a warm friday afternoon:dizzy:

Ell_Chrisso
18-06-2010, 07:40 PM
TBH i never heard anything about O'Connor or Murphy, although i did hear about others :wink:...I posted it up on Football rumours :faf:

Ell Chrisso posted it up on here is he a suspect :cool2: :hmmm:

Im just letting you guys know of certain things been said closer to home than some would think. We will see tho. Im not saying any of it was a certainty...

That being said, the source may get a skelp if a load of bull :greengrin

SalfordHibs
18-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Im just letting you guys know of certain things been said closer to home than some would think. We will see tho. Im not saying any of it was a certainty...

That being said, the source may get a skelp if a load of bull :greengrin

It's alright mate some people take the hump cause you post up things from Football Rumours on this thread even though the title is Football Rumours :cool2:

sunshine1875
19-06-2010, 11:10 AM
19 Jun 2010 10:19:28
Hibs to sign David Gray on loan from Man U

SalfordHibs
19-06-2010, 11:26 AM

I have heard this from someone who knows the player :wink:

Ray_
19-06-2010, 11:44 AM

I thought he was out of contract this close season?

SalfordHibs
19-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I thought he was out of contract this close season?

He was on loan at Plymouth and returned to Man Utd in Dec 2009, he done really well and Plymouth wanted to keep him, all i know is Hibs have contacted him and he is wanting to come :thumbsup:

cad
19-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Hope this proves to be true with De Graaf signed Hart and Gray close to signing
all be it rumour , fingers crossed these happen and soon, things are most definitely looking up .
A centre half and striker next Yogi if the above proves to be correct and the
Season Ticket sales could be record breaking .

GGTTH

frazeHFC
19-06-2010, 08:00 PM
It was me that posted about David Gray on football rumours.

As usual, don't trust football rumours!!! I posted this because of the rumour of us getting a Man U loanee, and i thought it may be him. But if other people have heard this then what a guess :greengrin

#I was not posting it because it is true, or to make it up, i posted it because i believe it. It is a lot more likely than some on that site....such as when it once had Nade to Pompey for £14m :yawn:#

Sorry for making it sound as though i know it is happening, it is just what i think.

hibs0666
19-06-2010, 08:26 PM

As usual, don't trust football rumours!!! I posted this because of the rumour of us getting a Man U loanee, and i thought it may be him. But if other people have heard this then what a guess :greengrin

#I was not posting it because it is true, or to make it up, i posted it because i believe it. It is a lot more likely than some on that site....such as when it once had Nade to Pompey for £14m :yawn:#

Sorry for making it sound as though i know it is happening, it is just what i think.

Awwww nawww - I went and put a grand on Gray signing based on this story. :boo hoo:

frazeHFC
19-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Awwww nawww - I went and put a grand on Gray signing based on this story. :boo hoo:

I'll reimburse you if you want, due to the confusion :confused:

Dibben
19-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I'll reimburse you if you want, due to the confusion :confused:

In that case... I put £5k on Gray signing!!!

CapitalHibs
20-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Doesnae make much sense getting two right backs in (Hart and Gray) when we've also got McCann and the lad Taggert who was on the bench at the end of lasat season.

SalfordHibs
20-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Doesnae make much sense getting two right backs in (Hart and Gray) when we've also got McCann and the lad Taggert who was on the bench at the end of lasat season.

Makes sense to me mate we have been screaming out for a decent right back for ages, now we have two to compete for the jersey, although Gray can play as a centre half also :wink:

Leicester Fan
20-06-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.fansonline.net/leicestercity/mb/view.php?id=213238

One of my friends works for a major national daily newspaper in a capacity that exposes him to a lot of news before it breaks.

Apparently, something happend in the England camp the night after the Japan friendly that, in the words of my friend, "will end the England career of 2 or 3 players and will probably see Cappello placed under enormous pressure to resign". The reason the story hasn't broke yet is that the papers have agreed not to reveal it whilst England are still in the World Cup."

Not sure what has happened but it ceratinly may explain the obvious lack of team sprit.Probably a load of nonsense but I thought you chaps might enjoy it.

SloopJB
20-06-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.fansonline.net/leicestercity/mb/view.php?id=213238

Probably a load of nonsense but I thought you chaps might enjoy it.
Any unrest should be expected as results haven't gone as planned. A bigger headline would be if the players were happy.

Whatever is happening now could be the catalyst for a much needed performance on Wednesday which will save the team and manager from further criticism.

Qualification to the next stage is all that matters.

Anyway, at this stage of the tournament, I am a Rugby fan.

Mon Scotland....

Scooter
20-06-2010, 10:10 AM

and i think one of them can also play left back

Speedway
20-06-2010, 11:44 AM
It does when one will be going out on loan and the other is unlikely to make the grade.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Oh Babylon..!

Thief
20-06-2010, 01:52 PM
5 page post on huddleboard saying stokes to Celtic is a done deal.
Could pave the way for big Gary?

mjhibby
20-06-2010, 01:58 PM
With the strikers Bimingham have signed, they may opt to send him out on loan to prove his fitness before extending his six month contract, win win for us and BCFC :wink:

The only strong rumour ive heard is that hibs are expecting some sort of bid for stokes from celtic,which will no doubt be laughed at,but if they offer serious money they have asked eck and garry o if he would be interested in a 6 month to 1yr loan deal.It seems they are both quite keen on it but all depends on stokes or i suppose deeks leaving.Deeks,garry and zouma up front with millar,van de graaf generator and wotherspoon behind with hart at rb.That sounds like a rather good plan to me.

Bayern Bru
20-06-2010, 02:35 PM
David Murphy's just walked past me in St Andrew's Square Gardens. It's not the first time I've seen him here either, since the end of the season. I'm trying not to get carried away and failing miserably!

Gmack7
20-06-2010, 08:52 PM
and in other news rob jones was in the sportsmans boozer in market st on friday:cool2:

Bayern Bru
20-06-2010, 09:17 PM
and in other news rob jones was in the sportsmans boozer in market st on friday:cool2:

What was he drinking? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
20-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Certainly looking like Cellic will bid for Stokes.

Dibben
20-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm sure RP will only listen if big £££'s are offered!

HibbyAndy
20-06-2010, 10:02 PM

heard that.

Certain the bid will be rejected tho.

I'm_cabbaged
21-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Got told lastnight Stokes is a done deal, Brown coming in January was part of it.

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 06:40 AM
It wouldn't be a pre-season if we didn't sell our top striker would it.

p.s Stokes SPL record, 35 goals in 50 games.

Steve20
21-06-2010, 06:46 AM
I will be disappointed if Stokes doesn't stay longer than just the one season. Nothing ever changes, another good player away along to Glasgow. Good luck to Yogi in trying to find someone who will score the goals that Stokes gives us.

Brooster
21-06-2010, 06:49 AM
How much do you reckon Stokes is worth considering he is a 21 year old goal machine? I say lets start the bidding at £3.5m.

Borders Hibby
21-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I will be disappointed if Stokes doesn't stay longer than just the one season. Nothing ever changes, another good player away along to Glasgow. Good luck to Yogi in trying to find someone who will score the goals that Stokes gives us.

I agree but lets trust in the "Hibs" model. If there is silly money on offer take it and use it to improve. How long is his contract?

northgreen24
21-06-2010, 06:55 AM

He is a little laddie called derek :greengrin

I think we will deffo lose one of them but better not be both. Stokes will always leave either now or for fee next season. If we could tie up derek I am sure he would sign a longer contract.

but wheather Yogi or the Tache want this I am not so sure.

In rod and Yogi I trust

matty_f
21-06-2010, 06:56 AM
How much do you reckon Stokes is worth considering he is a 21 year old goal machine? I say lets start the bidding at £3.5m.

I think there's comparisons to be made with Boyd. How much were the Huns hoping to get for him? IIRC, it was about £3.5m, so I'll agree with your evaluation.

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I think there's comparisons to be made with Boyd. How much were the Huns hoping to get for him? IIRC, it was about £3.5m, so I'll agree with your evaluation.

If Celtic are getting £9m fee for McGeady then someone who will give them 25 goals per season over 4 years must be in the £3m bracket

1875er
21-06-2010, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stokes has a clause in his contract he signed that he would be able to leve if some club came up with a certain amount.....

IWasThere2016
21-06-2010, 07:35 AM

heard that.

Certain the bid will be rejected tho.

I wouldnt be so sure ..

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stokes has a clause in his contract he signed that he would be able to leve if some club came up with a certain amount.....

I agree.

Speedway
21-06-2010, 07:43 AM

£4M plus Brown with GO'C in the bag and you've got a deal.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-06-2010, 09:19 AM
£4M plus Brown with GO'C in the bag and you've got a deal.

£4million???!!!!!

And the yams are wanting £5million for Diver??? Which one is worth more?

Speedway
21-06-2010, 09:26 AM
£4million???!!!!!

You don't see anyone offering £5m for driver though do you?

We've got £4m out of Celtic before, we can do it again.

Godsahibby
21-06-2010, 09:30 AM
How much we get is all dependant on the length of contract remaining, we got £4m plus for Brown because he had 2 or 3 years left on his contract, when is Stokes signed until?

H18sry
21-06-2010, 09:32 AM
£4million???!!!!!

It depends if you need a gambling goalscoring center forward or a wanny be Scottish injury prone winger :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
21-06-2010, 09:40 AM
If a huddy like Driver is rated(albeit by hertz) for 5 mill then a proven goalscorer like stokes would be twice that.
Hopefully we wont let him go on the cheap, hopefully other teams will come in for him.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2010, 09:45 AM

he's a better all round player than Andrew Driver (and less injury prone) so if Yams want £5m for him then Stokes is worth more than that :agree:

seemples

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2010, 09:45 AM
If a huddy like Driver is rated(albeit by hertz) for 5 mill then a proven goalscorer like stokes would be twice that.
Hopefully we wont let him go on the cheap, hopefully other teams will come in for him.

didnt see your reply! but ive just posted same thing.

aberhibsfc
21-06-2010, 09:49 AM
It wouldn't be a pre-season if we didn't sell our top striker would it.

p.s Stokes SPL record, 35 goals in 50 games.

:boo hoo:

Yep, seems we're not allowed to build a team with good players, we only get them for a season.
If it is silly money then fair enough. If it's good money I can understand consideration but don't
necessarily agree with selling. We are building a new stand, could be on the verge of having a decent side and could be challenging seriously for honours. Would like to aim at gaining a league spot in Eufa's tournament also. Surely we want to start building this club back up. New stand, new players, old players, old fans and maybe some new ones (inc those who wandered off for whatever reason. I want this club to start growing, it is a fantastic football club with a wealth of history, it deserves to be support as the Pride of Edinburgh and write some fantastic new history.

cloudy
21-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Got told lastnight Stokes is a done deal, Brown coming in January was part of it.
Was told this back in febuary but didn't think it was true, the agreed price was ment to be 3.5mill

Phil MaGlass
21-06-2010, 10:25 AM
didnt see your reply! but ive just posted same thing.

great minds think alike,

3.5 mill and Brown would be a good deal, but we would have to hold onto Deeks and find another goal machine,GOC?

J-C
21-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Stokes certainly gives us goals but to the detrement of playing Deeks out wide where he still scored 16 times. Stokes has caused a few ructions in the dressing room and although his scoring return was good, his off the field antics didn't help, blowing oot his erse after 60 mins of every game showed us that.

If it's true about GOC, then linking him up with Deek again would be top drawer, This rumour is rife at the moment coming from differing sources, keep our fingers crosed.

The Big No.9
21-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I heard that Stokes and Deek are due a percentage of the money for any transfer deal that hibs get for them.

This was one of the main reasons that Stokes signed as he alledgedly isnt on as much money as you would think, this would also make sense regarding the apparent clause in his contract that he would be free to discuss a transfer with other clubs if a certain valuation was met.

On the other hand it could all be total balls.

Kaiser_Sauzee
21-06-2010, 10:46 AM
So Celtic want Stokes. And we don't need the money.

The smellies will have to make us an offer that we can't refuse.

Sandy
21-06-2010, 10:48 AM
great minds think alike,

3.5 mill and Brown would be a good deal, but we would have to hold onto Deeks and find another goal machine,GOC?

Whilst being unhappy at the sale of our top goalscorer, I would jizz all over my Calvin's if the above were to happen. :greengrin

truehibernian
21-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Stokes certainly gives us goals but to the detrement of playing Deeks out wide where he still scored 16 times. Stokes has caused a few ructions in the dressing room and although his scoring return was good, his off the field antics didn't help, blowing oot his erse after 60 mins of every game showed us that.

If it's true about GOC, then linking him up with Deek again would be top drawer, This rumour is rife at the moment coming from differing sources, keep our fingers crosed.

Where is your evidence that Anthony Stokes caused "ructions" in the dressing room ? Was that a general comment/guesswork or do you have sources/facts for that comment to be made ? I would suggest that Anthony Stokes has no problems with anyone at the club, other than the obvious fall-out's during games etc, which is part and parcel of all football teams regardless of level. He is more happy having a game of darts than carrying on off the field bud :agree: Not wishing to sound argumentative, but I think you couldn't be further from the truth with that comment.

aberhibsfc
21-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Where's the Brown rumour coming from. I can't believe that they would want to let him go and that we could afford his wages.

Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy a powerhouse midfield with De Graaf and Brown but I don't think I'll see it happening.

Hibee_Lisa
21-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Where's the Brown rumour coming from. I can't believe that they would want to let him go and that we could afford his wages.

Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy a powerhouse midfield with De Graaf and Brown but I don't think I'll see it happening.

I thought people where talking about Mark Brown.

H18sry
21-06-2010, 10:53 AM

I thought people where talking about Mark Brown.:agree:

Kaiser1962
21-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Confused as well. Mark Brown was a free agent and Lennon wasn't in charge in January was he?:confused:

MrSmith
21-06-2010, 11:35 AM
I take most of these rumours in the same way I take tequila...with a rather large pinch of salt!! :yawn::agree:

SvenNeil
21-06-2010, 11:56 AM

The goalkeeper we signed in January :wink:

CapitalHibs
21-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd take 2.5 million plus Paul Caddis. Large sell on fee negotiated by the tache, of course.:cool2:

BT58
21-06-2010, 03:08 PM
theyre saying on kerrydale street that they dont want stokes, they would be happy paying
for some striker from burnley for 3.75 million?????????????
well they can **** aff weedgie bassas
RP will screw em :agree::agree::wink::wink:
hb

ionahibby
21-06-2010, 03:28 PM

So agreed with celtic to sell on stokes one of our top goal scorers in return for mark brown in january (considering imho he is a standard goalkeeper not exactly stunning) i find very strange way for yogi and rp to go about things if this is true :confused:

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 04:18 PM
So agreed with celtic to sell on stokes one of our top goal scorers in return for mark brown in january (considering imho he is a standard goalkeeper not exactly stunning) i find very strange way for yogi and rp to go about things if this is true :confused:

You've answered your own question. The club has never gone about their business in this fashion.

scoopyboy
21-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Where is your evidence that Anthony Stokes caused "ructions" in the dressing room ? Was that a general comment/guesswork or do you have sources/facts for that comment to be made ? I would suggest that Anthony Stokes has no problems with anyone at the club, other than the obvious fall-out's during games etc, which is part and parcel of all football teams regardless of level. He is more happy having a game of darts than carrying on off the field bud :agree: Not wishing to sound argumentative, but I think you couldn't be further from the truth with that comment.

JC50 is a lot closer to the truth than you are giving him credit for.

hibee4life1983
21-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Pi.sh, we got brown and promised stokes? Utter pi.sh, why would the tache agree to that?? We dont need a measley 2 or even 3m for a player who, after last seasons displays and goals, at 21, next season, he could well be worth 5 or 6m and the board will realise this.

I fully expect stokes to be at e.r next season due to theese facts.

truehibernian
21-06-2010, 04:39 PM
JC50 is a lot closer to the truth than you are giving him credit for.

Not doubting anyone's facts or sources scoopy, just doubting the general comment that Anthony causes ructions. The only problem I was/am aware of was one at East Mains allegedly involving AS and Darren McCormack.......but I will always stand corrected.

scoopyboy
21-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Not doubting anyone's facts or sources scoopy, just doubting the general comment that Anthony causes ructions. The only problem I was/am aware of was one at East Mains allegedly involving AS and Darren McCormack.......but I will always stand corrected.

I am not asking you to stand corrected truehibernian, that aint my style.

You are probably right in saying AS has no issues with anybody at ER, I think it is that others have issues with him.

Don't want to go into details which I appreciate posters will not be too excited about.

truehibernian
21-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I am not asking you to stand corrected truehibernian, that aint my style.

You are probably right in saying AS has no issues with anybody at ER, I think it is that others have issues with him.

Don't want to go into details which I appreciate posters will not be too excited about.

He is no doubt not one of the hardest working at training scoopy which may of course cause some to have their nose out of joint. I think the fact he scored as many as he did got him a "get out of jail" pass on more than one occasion. I personally would have loved to have seen Hughes play Derek alongside, high up the pitch, in a 4-4-2. Too often I think AS was isolated in games ploughing a lone furrow. His touch was poor in the last quarter too. But all in all, not a bad first season returning to the pace and rigours of SPL football. Just hope he stays for another year and hopefully with some pace in the side to assist him.

sunshine1875
21-06-2010, 08:16 PM
21 Jun 2010 19:57:33
Hearing that anthony stokes going to celtic is pretty much a done deal with perhaps paul caddis going to hibs, and the money hibs get will be used to sign up derek riordan on a new contract and to also ensure the return of garry o'connor to easter road and also david murphy coming in on a 6 month loan deal from birmingham. Hibs will also look to sign michael hart, richard keogh and ivan sproule for a small fee

Gerard
21-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Hearing that anthony stokes going to celtic is pretty much a done deal with perhaps paul caddis going to hibs, and the money hibs get will be used to sign up derek riordan on a new contract and to also ensure the return of garry o'connor to easter road and also david murphy coming in on a 6 month loan deal from birmingham. Hibs will also look to sign michael hart, richard keogh and ivan sproule for a small fee

That sounds good to me; if it happens
Gerard

J-C
21-06-2010, 08:53 PM
He is no doubt not one of the hardest working at training scoopy which may of course cause some to have their nose out of joint. I think the fact he scored as many as he did got him a "get out of jail" pass on more than one occasion. I personally would have loved to have seen Hughes play Derek alongside, high up the pitch, in a 4-4-2. Too often I think AS was isolated in games ploughing a lone furrow. His touch was poor in the last quarter too. But all in all, not a bad first season returning to the pace and rigours of SPL football. Just hope he stays for another year and hopefully with some pace in the side to assist him.

Wasn't his training or lack of it that was the problem, more his off field problems that have caused problems with other players, hence the McCormack scuffle in George St. story, only one that can be mentioned.

essexhibee
21-06-2010, 08:55 PM
If hibs got mark brown as a deal for Anthony Stokes i would be furious. :grr:

A 24 goal stiker!? For ANOTHER goalkeeper.

Will be gutted/furious if we loss stokes, would be a massive loss.

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 09:08 PM
If hibs got mark brown as a deal for Anthony Stokes i would be furious. :grr:

A 24 goal stiker!? For ANOTHER goalkeeper.

Will be gutted/furious if we loss stokes, would be a massive loss.

erm, I think that there may be some £ involved as well.

Archie70
21-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Stokes - be disappointed to lose him, still only a youngster and will get better with experience but already a proven scorer.
Riordan - Loss of Stokes would be ofset if Deeks was to sign long-term contract. Legend.
O'Connor - Jurys out for me, question marks over fitness and not sure about the desire or professionalism he'd bring.
Murphy - 6 months! Then what?
Hart - think he would do a job
Keogh - Don't know enough abou the guy.
Sproule - If he still has the pace, and I see no reason why he wouldn't, he'd get that new standing bouncing.

Main one for me - get Deeks signed up!

ionahibby
22-06-2010, 09:49 AM

:faf: no chance!

Stevie Reid
22-06-2010, 10:50 AM
From BBC Gossip: -

Striker Robbie Blake is in talks with Hearts after being released by Burnley.
Full story: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Former-Burnley-star-Robbie-Blake-in-talks-with-Hearts-article484599.html)

Would be very disappointed if Hearts managed to get him, even though he would cost a fortune in wages - he's a player.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-06-2010, 11:50 AM

Full story: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Former-Burnley-star-Robbie-Blake-in-talks-with-Hearts-article484599.html)

Would be very disappointed if Hearts managed to get him, even though he would cost a fortune in wages - he's a player.

What Hearts talk about and what they do are two very different things :agree:

Speedway
22-06-2010, 12:02 PM

A player? He's slower than a weekend in Wigan.

I've seen him many times. Released by Burnley because he just can't move anymore, and injured, and old. Hearts are welcome to pay money for guys like him.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2010, 01:26 PM
What Hearts talk about and what they do are two very different things :agree:

I appreciate that but this isn't Hearts saying it and they have been linked with Blake a few times.

However, if they were in talks I've no doubt that it would be all over the EN.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2010, 01:30 PM
A player? He's slower than a weekend in Wigan.

I've seen him many times. Released by Burnley because he just can't move anymore, and injured, and old. Hearts are welcome to pay money for guys like him.

Just because he's slow doesn't mean he has nothing to offer. Look at Charlie Adam, can hardly move his backside but just had a phenomenal season at Blackpool because his other attributes more than compensate for his lack of pace. Our Deek is the same.

Robbie Blake is a clever player and a great striker of the ball, and could definitely do very well in the SPL IMO. I'd be delighted if we had signed him, he's scored nearly 150 goals in his career.

seanraff07
22-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Hearts are free to over pay a striker that injured often, couldn't cope in the EPL and is injured on a regular basis.:agree:

mjhibby
22-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I think celtic would not offer anywhere near enough for us to sell him so i doubt it will happen.July 1st will see the phoney war ended and the transfers begin to happen.Dont think yogi will want to lose stokes as he is his blue eyed boy but nothing would surprise me.

sunshine1875
22-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Season ticket sales must be slow at Hertz. Well known Vlad trick to make it look as if they are interested in buying players pre-season only for very few of these rumours to result in signings.

.Sean.
22-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Never heard about that one, but I have heard stories about his alleged off-field antics dating back to his days at Falkirk, not sure how much truth there is in them though. I won't however post these rumours on a public messageboard.

sunshine1875
24-06-2010, 01:44 PM
24 Jun 2010 13:15:17
Celtic have made a bid of £1.75m for Hibernians Sol Bamber. Source, my father works in the Hibs ticket office.

matty_f
24-06-2010, 01:45 PM
24 Jun 2010 13:15:17
Celtic have made a bid of £1.75m for Hibernians Sol Bamber. Source, my father works in the Hibs ticket office.

:faf: