PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Anyone know how many season tickets have been sold so far for next season. Obviously these are only renewals at this stage, with seats going on general sale next week.

One of my yam mates who claims to know the head of our security said we have only sold 5,000. To me this seems ridiculous on two fronts - the fact that this would mean over half of the holders from last season won't have renewed, which is ridiculous to suggest, and also that why on earth would the head of our security be informed this early? He/she would only be informed once the sales are complete and they start preparing for next season.

I reckon my friend is talking out his arse, so was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything?

Ryan69
31-05-2010, 10:41 AM
And like the head of security would know!

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 10:46 AM
That's exactly what I thought, and part of why I think his claim was ridiculous.

Seems a bit of an outragous claim, but he claims to know the guy.

I don't believe it. Just seeing if anyone knows the actual figure.

LancashireHibby
31-05-2010, 11:29 AM
5,000 isn't bad going at all, I reckon :agree:

Antifa Hibs
31-05-2010, 11:32 AM
5,000 isn't bad going at all, I reckon :agree:

Sounds about right to me. 5k already sold, say 2k waiting on the new East and 2k that havn't renewed yet, like myself but will later on.

LancashireHibby
31-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Sounds about right to me. 5k already sold, say 2k waiting on the new East and 2k that havn't renewed yet, like myself but will later on.

Indeed, there are months before the start of the season while people save up the cash etc, hardly the time for a panic - I know of Premier League club(s) who haven't even got a fifth of that figure yet.

RIP
31-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I'd tell your mate that it disnae matter whether Hearts sell mair ST's every year till he dies they will always be sh ite!

Anyone know how many season tickets have been sold so far for next season.

One of my yam mates who claims to know the head of our security said we have only sold 5,000. I reckon my friend is talking out his arse, so was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything?

Mikey
31-05-2010, 11:57 AM
It's a figure they've been chucking around for a few weeks now. They've got nothing else to slag us about after all :wink: If they say it often enough people will start believing it.

Tell you what though, those who want to believe that figure are in for a big disappointment. When I tried to get 3 seats together today I really struggled. We checked sections 4, 5 and 13 and there were very few seats that hadn't been renewed.

Don't believe anything a yam tells you about our season ticket sales.

Ryan69
31-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Ask him also how many full price season tickets they trumpets Have sold as there £17 child tickets don't really count!

scoopyboy
31-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Anyone know how many season tickets have been sold so far for next season. Obviously these are only renewals at this stage, with seats going on general sale next week.

One of my yam mates who claims to know the head of our security said we have only sold 5,000. To me this seems ridiculous on two fronts - the fact that this would mean over half of the holders from last season won't have renewed, which is ridiculous to suggest, and also that why on earth would the head of our security be informed this early? He/she would only be informed once the sales are complete and they start preparing for next season.

I reckon my friend is talking out his arse, so was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything?

Hibs are never keen on giving too much away regarding season ticket sales, any info they do give tends to be in the form of a riddle.

For example we have sold more at this point in time than we have in any of the previous 3 seasons doesn't exactly give a lot away when they don't reveal how many were sold in the previous seasons.

IIRC one season they made a bit of a play on the 10000th season ticket sold.

we are hibs
19-06-2010, 08:33 PM

can anyone tell me how long in the post does the season ticket
take to come thanks. URGENT
:rolleyes:

Keith_M
20-06-2010, 04:56 PM
can anyone tell me how long in the post does the season ticket
take to come thanks. URGENT
:rolleyes:

Have you renewed the same seat as last year? If so, then your current card will remain the same and, AFAIK, you won't be getting anything in the post.

If it's a NEW Season Ticket, or you've moved seats, I think they're due out in July (though I'm happy to be corrected on that one). FWIW, I renewed but have moved seat and haven't received anything yet either.

HibbyAndy
20-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Really?...I dont have any 'yam mates' as they slaver so much pish its unreal

I reckon my friend is talking out his arse,

A jambo talking garbage? Surely sum mistake.

Tell yer Yam pal he's a cock and cannot in anyway have a dig at hibs when his team are a total joke, And laughing stock within Scottish football, A mean really?..You have a million comebacks to shut his trap, I suggest you do so.

we are hibs
20-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Have you renewed the same seat as last year? If so, then your current card will remain the same and, AFAIK, you won't be getting anything in the post.

If it's a NEW Season Ticket, or you've moved seats, I think they're due out in July (though I'm happy to be corrected on that one). FWIW, I renewed but have moved seat and haven't received anything yet either.

got a new season ticket

we are hibs
14-07-2010, 08:10 PM

season tickets to be posted out next week went down to ticket office they havent even printed them yet

Bostonhibby
14-07-2010, 08:57 PM

Unless your friend knows the ER Fishman rather than some dubious security source, the info won't be reliable and he is indeed a talking arse, or has a talking arse.........:wink:

Dashing Bob S
14-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Sounds about right to me. I think your friend is pretty much spot-on, as I would expect from a Jambo. I find everyone connected with that club, from the boardroom to the stands, can pretty much be relied upon to provide honest, factual and relevant information on the state of Scottish football, and are particularly reliable when it comes to issues concerning Hibs.

If anytning, they tend to talk us up a bit, so I would reckon, if anything, 5,000 might be a bit steep.

Actually, I think he means 5,000 for just the East Stand.

Hank Schrader
14-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Don't believe anything a yam tells you

Corrected that for you Mikey :greengrin

we are hibs
26-07-2010, 03:33 PM
season tickets to be posted out next week went down to ticket office they havent even printed them yet

can anyone tell me what this means i just got my season card and a letter i dont understand it it says-

catergory 'B' season ticket holders- please be aware that your seat is only valid for catergory B home games and your card will not be active for category A home games. your first game will be at home agianst hamilton accies on saturday 18th of september.

i dont get whats category A and B:confused:

HenryMonk
26-07-2010, 03:43 PM
can anyone tell me what this means i just got my season card and a letter i dont understand it it says-

catergory 'B' sason ticket holders- please be aware that your seat is only valid for catergory B home games and your card will not be active for category A home games. your first game will be at home agianst hamilton accies on saturday 18th of september.

cat A games are matches involving hearts, rangers or celtic. rest of teams are cat b, so to lay this out for you......you wont be able to attend ****, huns or ceptic matches without paying for another ticket.

TamHibs
26-07-2010, 03:52 PM

catergory 'B' season ticket holders- please be aware that your seat is only valid for catergory B home games and your card will not be active for category A home games. your first game will be at home agianst hamilton accies on saturday 18th of september.

The letter is a bit misleading mate. My mum-in-law received hers today aswel. That paragraph in the letters only refers to people who have purchased a cat b season ticket. As long as you've paid full whack you'll be covered for all league games. That's the explanation I was given from the lady in the TO this morning.

May be worth your while phoning them and just double checking you have got a CAT A season ticket just to put your mind at rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houston1875
26-07-2010, 05:09 PM
The letter is a bit misleading mate. My mum-in-law received hers today aswel. That paragraph in the letters only refers to people who have purchased a cat b season ticket. As long as you've paid full whack you'll be covered for all league games. That's the explanation I was given from the lady in the TO this morning.

May be worth your while phoning them and just double checking you have got a CAT A season ticket just to put your mind at rest

a went to ticket office on the same very matter,the cat b thing is just for cat b st holders,think the wifet at to has a lotta fonecalls about it?
if in doubt just check your season ticket? it ays what you are there?

when i got letter i was like wtf?
but was quickly resolved?

we are hibs
26-07-2010, 05:39 PM
a went to ticket office on the same very matter,the cat b thing is just for cat b st holders,think the wifet at to has a lotta fonecalls about it?
if in doubt just check your season ticket? it ays what you are there?

when i got letter i was like wtf?
but was quickly resolved?
i dosent on mine

we are hibs
26-07-2010, 05:43 PM

thanks very mutch:thumbsup:

houston1875
26-07-2010, 05:51 PM
thanks very mutch:thumbsup:

it says if your cat b on your new ST? that waswat a was told?

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2010, 06:08 PM

You from California? :wink:

we are hibs
26-07-2010, 06:24 PM

i dosent say cat A or cat B