PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Riordan to Azerbaijan

Betty Boop
31-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Derek is wanted by Tony Adams, according to the Daily Ranger. Azerbaijan! :greengrin

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/05/31/hibs-striker-derek-riordan-in-frame-for-500k-switch-to-tony-adams-gabala-86908-22298639/

robinp
31-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Derek is wanted by Tony Adams, according to the Daily Ranger. Azerbaijan! :greengrin

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/05/31/hibs-striker-derek-riordan-in-frame-for-500k-switch-to-tony-adams-gabala-86908-22298639/

:top marks

Brilliant - he wasn't interested in moving to Germany or Russia, why the heck would he move to Azerbaijan! Cash or no cash this is hilarious!

Spike Mandela
31-05-2010, 08:25 AM
The sooner Rod gives Deek an extension to his contract the better!!

HibbyAndy
31-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Puuuulease.

Deek wouldnt move to Harthill never mind onion baggie rings.

Riordans Boots
31-05-2010, 08:38 AM

Canny see this happening - Deek is a homebird :agree:

matty_f
31-05-2010, 08:49 AM
:agree:

Ray_
31-05-2010, 08:58 AM

:agree: Could well be our best signing this summer, but at the least, it would be one of the best.

Coco Bryce
31-05-2010, 09:01 AM
To be fair, it's a lot more like Muirhouse than the other places that have been mentioned :wink:

Jack
31-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Is May 31st the same in Azerbaijan as 1st April is here?

H113EE5
31-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Perhaps there's no Unight doormen, over there

bingo70
31-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Sell him and bring in tam scobbie

maturehibby
31-05-2010, 10:05 AM
At least he wont be barred from the nightclubs there and the vodka will be cheap and you can have as much goat to eat as you can manage .
So at least a couple of plusses for him and his team .

Musselbound
31-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Can't see this happening at all. He'd be back within 6 months - a season at the most - if he went.

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Can't see this happening at all. He'd be back within 6 months - a season at the most - if he went.
Think about all the fun we could have speculating about his return tho ;)

heretoday
31-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Deeks would only be a bad influence on the manager. :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
31-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Riordan to stay at Hibs, play upfront next season and get 20 goals.

Doesn't seem impossible; although Yogi and Petrie will screw that up one way or another. :grr:

easty
31-05-2010, 11:59 AM
At least he wont be barred from the nightclubs there and the vodka will be cheap and you can have as much goat to eat as you can manage .
So at least a couple of plusses for him and his team .

I'm just back from the Dominican and I had my first taste of goat over there, its bloody nice!

Back on point though, he'd never go there. Adams will probably have left the job by xmas as well.

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Riordan to stay at Hibs, play upfront next season and get 20 goals.

Doesn't seem impossible; although Yogi and Petrie will screw that up one way or another. :grr:

:cool2: or play him in midfield and we have the SPL's most prolific midfielder and still have Stokes banging them in up front :wink:

IWasThere2016
31-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Sell him and bring in tam scobbie

:cool2:

Cameron1875
31-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Why are the papers so desperate for hibs to lose riordan. There is never any speculation about our other players but its as if they have an agenda against deek and want rid of him. :bitchy:

greenlex
31-05-2010, 03:15 PM
To be fair, it's a lot more like Muirhouse than the other places that have been mentioned :wink:
Azerbaijan is a relatively wealthy country and nothing like you imagine. It has rich mineral wealth. They dress a bit funny but I dont think they are struggling.

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Why are the papers so desperate for hibs to lose riordan. There is never any speculation about our other players but its as if they have an agenda against deek and want rid of him. :bitchy:

Because they know he's a threat to the huns and Celtic.

just_joe
31-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Any player is replaceable. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes between Riordan and Hibs if not anything. 500k on the other hand is not acceptable. 1.5 - 2m at least in my opinion.

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Any player is replaceable. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes between Riordan and Hibs if not anything. 500k on the other hand is not acceptable. 1.5 - 2m at least in my opinion.

Especially if they're as cheque happy as we're told.

sixtwo
31-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I like deeks and hate to see his talents being wasted in midfield. I think he'll sign a new contract with us if he gets a promise he'll be played up front. I know hughes tried a partnership with stokes and riordan for a few games last season and they didn't seem to gel but I put that down to them getting to know each others style and the poor service from the middle.
If yogi gets the defence and midfield sorted stokes and riordan will get us 50+ goals next season. If we hold onto bamba, sign two quality defenders and a a couple of quality midfielders we will have a season to get excited about.

matty_f
31-05-2010, 03:43 PM

The papers and a few on here wouldn't mind it, as it would give more ammo in the fight against Yogi and Petrie.:agree:

bingo70
31-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I like deeks and hate to see his talents being wasted in midfield. I think he'll sign a new contract with us if he gets a promise he'll be played up front. I know hughes tried a partnership with stokes and riordan for a few games last season and they didn't seem to gel but I put that down to them getting to know each others style and the poor service from the middle.
If yogi gets the defence and midfield sorted stokes and riordan will get us 50+ goals next season. If we hold onto bamba, sign two quality defenders and a a couple of quality midfielders we will have a season to get excited about.

i think when we've managed to get 17 goals from a left winger it'd be crazy to then move him from this position, i'd like us to sign someone to partner stokes up front and keep deeks on the wing

Riordans Boots
31-05-2010, 04:01 PM
i think when we've managed to get 17 goals from a left winger it'd be crazy to then move him from this position, i'd like us to sign someone to partner stokes up front and keep deeks on the wing

Never actually thought of that as most of us think he has been played out of position last season - Agree totally with what you say bingo :agree:

sixtwo
31-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I accept your point, but I think deeks is unhappy with his position in the team. Not only does his body language suggest he is frustrated, i have seen him have massive outbursts directed at yogi. In the last derby of the season he had a foul mouthed rant at yogi ( 80 mins into the game) he was slating him, calling him an arse and telling him to get it sorted. I was sat in the front row of the west stand and he was screaming at yogi telling him he was wasting him out wide.

It's maybe not as bad as I am portraying but I think it is pretty bad. I honestly beleive if deeks is not allowed to play up front next year he will be gne and tbh, i wouldn't blame him.

ekhibee
31-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm just back from the Dominican and I had my first taste of goat over there, its bloody nice!

Back on point though, he'd never go there. Adams will probably have left the job by xmas as well.
All that does is remind me never to go anywhere near the Dominican Republic OR Azerbaijan.

bingo70
31-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I accept your point, but I think deeks is unhappy with his position in the team. Not only does his body language suggest he is frustrated, i have seen him have massive outbursts directed at yogi. In the last derby of the season he had a foul mouthed rant at yogi ( 80 mins into the game) he was slating him, calling him an arse and telling him to get it sorted. I was sat in the front row of the west stand and he was screaming at yogi telling him he was wasting him out wide.

It's maybe not as bad as I am portraying but I think it is pretty bad. I honestly beleive if deeks is not allowed to play up front next year he will be gne and tbh, i wouldn't blame him.

he's always been a huffy ******* though, think he admits that himself.

i think playing on the wing actually suits him better than up front as he gets more space there and allows him to come in off the wing to get shots away.

i'd love him to stay but not so much i'd accept him making demands about where he plays, thats the managers job, not his.

sixtwo
31-05-2010, 04:30 PM
He is a huffy wee git!

It is a difficult decision for the manager. does he keep him out wide, where you quite rightly mention he scored 17 goals, or does he play him up front?

Personally, I think we will become a stronger unit with him up front. Goals aside he is a weak midfielder. He cannot tackle a fish supper and his tracking back is poor. I think we need to have a solid midfield with a decent shape. we need to be hard to beat. Moving deeks up front and pushing murray to left mid will make us more solid in midfield and we will not be losing his goals, we will be giving him the oportunity to get more.

darwenhibby
31-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Do not underestimate the ambitions of this team.
However I cannot see Deeks going there when there is an offer only 200 miles and 2hrs 20 minutes away from Edinburgh.

Going back to his particular team they have massive development plans for the stadium and the team.

You should see the tiles selected for this project, the guy definitely has talent.:top marks to him:wink:

silverhibee
31-05-2010, 10:52 PM
To all the people who say thay Derek is a home bird and wont move out of Scotland, you are wrong, yes there were offers from Germany, Russia. Belguim, Holland and of course down south when he was at Hibs the last time, but due to personel problems which i wont go into Derek wanted to be as close to Edinburgh as possible at that time in his life. Celtc gave him that.

Things have moved on for Derek now and if Hibs are looking to cash in on him this summer then he will listen to offers where ever they come from, abroad or down south.

Derek has matured and grown up now and as it is quite well known now he is looking forward to family life very soon, which i think will be the making of him, this is what puzzles me with Hibs, they must know that Derek is ready to settle down and the obvious thing to do would be get him signed up on a new contract and see Derek at his peak time at Hibs for the next few seasons.

But someone at ER does not want Derek at Hibs next season, Yogi, Rod or SL or maybe even STF, i can only predict that Derek will be playing his football somewhere other than ER next season, and if that is the case then i will be deeply saddened to see the loss of one of the best football players i have seen play for Hibs, another two seasons at Hibs and Derek Riordan would be up there with the great goal scorers off all time, i am sure of that, but i dont think he will be given that chance sadly. :boo hoo:

monktonharp
31-05-2010, 11:07 PM
To all the people who say thay Derek is a home bird and wont move out of Scotland, you are wrong, yes there were offers from Germany, Russia. Belguim, Holland and of course down south when he was at Hibs the last time, but due to personel problems which i wont go into Derek wanted to be as close to Edinburgh as possible at that time in his life. Celtc gave him that.

Things have moved on for Derek now and if Hibs are looking to cash in on him this summer then he will listen to offers where ever they come from, abroad or down south.

Derek has matured and grown up now and as it is quite well known now he is looking forward to family life very soon, which i think will be the making of him, this is what puzzles me with Hibs, they must know that Derek is ready to settle down and the obvious thing to do would be get him signed up on a new contract and see Derek at his peak time at Hibs for the next few seasons.

But someone at ER does not want Derek at Hibs next season, Yogi, Rod or SL or maybe even STF, i can only predict that Derek will be playing his football somewhere other than ER next season, and if that is the case then i will be deeply saddened to see the loss of one of the best football players i have seen play for Hibs, another two seasons at Hibs and Derek Riordan would be up there with the great goal scorers off all time, i am sure of that, but i dont think he will be given that chance sadly. :boo hoo:that news saddens me greatly.enough to make me hang on,before deciding to renew my season ticket:bitchy: who the f/ck has it in for him? name and shame

hibsboy90
31-05-2010, 11:15 PM
One argument we rarely see in the whole riordan positional sagais that 17 goals from midfield is outstanding. Yes he may get more up top, possibly in a partnership with Stokes. That would be great, but we then have a space in left mid to fill. Riordan isn't going to get 34 goals playing up front, maybe more but not double.

Keep deek at left mid, keep scoring goals and whinging, get another striker of the Stokes calber and play him up front with Stokes.

That way you have two great goalscorers up front, and a winger who will contribute nearly 20 a season as well.

Sandy
01-06-2010, 06:15 AM
that news saddens me greatly.enough to make me hang on,before deciding to renew my season ticket:bitchy: who the f/ck has it in for him? name and shame

There in lies the 10,000 dollar question, their is definitely someone by the sounds of it that doesn't want Deeks at ER, Yogi has played and praised him all season, but Deeks looks frustrated with him, the club have unfairly fined him over a comment made about the state of the pitch. Someone somewhere looks to be pushing Deeks out the door, I for one would love to know whom.

Ray_
01-06-2010, 07:11 AM

But someone at ER does not want Derek at Hibs next season, Yogi, Rod or SL or maybe even STF, i can only predict that Derek will be playing his football somewhere other than ER next season, and if that is the case then i will be deeply saddened to see the loss of one of the best football players i have seen play for Hibs, another two seasons at Hibs and Derek Riordan would be up there with the great goal scorers off all time, i am sure of that, but i dont think he will be given that chance sadly. :boo hoo:

It was bad enough to lose him in the circumstances we did last time, what with the withdrawn contract offer, to lose him a second time would be a total disgrace.

matty_f
01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
There in lies the 10,000 dollar question, their is definitely someone by the sounds of it that doesn't want Deeks at ER, Yogi has played and praised him all season, but Deeks looks frustrated with him, the club have unfairly fined him over a comment made about the state of the pitch. Someone somewhere looks to be pushing Deeks out the door, I for one would love to know whom.

I am yet to see any tangible evidence of someone forcing Deek out the door, and I think we need to be careful that we don't take opinions as fact. It now appears to be generally accepted that someone has it in for Deek without anything to back it up.

Yes, he was fined - but nobody on here knows both sides of the situation AFAIK, and for all we know the fine could have been completely justified when put into context.

I never want to see our best players leave the club, but if the manager decides that it would be better for the team to replace Deek, then I'd be happy enough with that decision provided it proves to be the right one.

Back to the point about him getting shoved out the door - where is the evidence of this? :dunno:

Jack
01-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Here’s a thought that’s only briefly been touched upon.

Keeps Deeks out on the left and Yogi brings in another striker as prolific as Stokes to play up from with him. Mind Yogi says he’s looking for more from Stokes. So;

Stokes 25+
A Another 20 ish
Deeks 17 ish

Is better than Deeks and Stokes up front with a mormal, lower scoring, winger instead.

bawheid
01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
I am yet to see any tangible evidence of someone forcing Deek out the door, and I think we need to be careful that we don't take opinions as fact. It now appears to be generally accepted that someone has it in for Deek without anything to back it up.

Yes, he was fined - but nobody on here knows both sides of the situation AFAIK, and for all we know the fine could have been completely justified when put into context.

I never want to see our best players leave the club, but if the manager decides that it would be better for the team to replace Deek, then I'd be happy enough with that decision provided it proves to be the right one.

Back to the point about him getting shoved out the door - where is the evidence of this? :dunno:

Agree with you Matty.

There is a distinct sense of deja vu with the current Hibs/Riordan scenario. Last time it was big bad Tony Mowbray and Rod Petrie and this time it's an as of yet unnamed Hibs official who has it in for him.

Previously, it was all message board gossip. I don't remember anything other than Deek running down his contract and leaving for practically nothing (which is his right of course). There was talk of withdrawn contracts, etc...mostly on this site from people "in the know". :rolleyes:

This time it appears to be...message board gossip. When John Hughes comes out and says he doesn't want Riordan at ER and is therefore going to sell him then I might think about jumping up and down.

Deek doesn't have long left in his football career. He owes it to his family to get the best deal he can. If that's away from Easter Road then good luck to him. If it's at Easter Road then even better.

brog
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Knowing how good your info is re Deeks I'm really saddened by this. I would love to see him signed up for life. However, stepping back from it, moving on & with a settled family life may be best thing for Derek & possibly Hibs. Living in a goldfish bowl in Edinburgh where some heroic vigilante bleats every time Derek crosses an entertainment threshhold must be incredibly frustrating. Whether you're a footballer or a tradesman, difficulties in your home life impact on your work performance. I hope you're wrong but fear the worst.
On a less serious note I don't see Deek in Azerbaijan. I think there's more danger of losing RP as they do love a Tache in Baku! The Tache must stay!

down-the-slope
01-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Agree with you Matty.

There is a distinct sense of deja vu with the current Hibs/Riordan scenario. Last time it was big bad Tony Mowbray and Rod Petrie and this time it's an as of yet unnamed Hibs official who has it in for him.

Previously, it was all message board gossip. I don't remember anything other than Deek running down his contract and leaving for practically nothing (which is his right of course). There was talk of withdrawn contracts, etc...mostly on this site from people "in the know". :rolleyes:

This time it appears to be...message board gossip. When John Hughes comes out and says he doesn't want Riordan at ER and is therefore going to sell him then I might think about jumping up and down.

Deek doesn't have long left in his football career. He owes it to his family to get the best deal he can. If that's away from Easter Road then good luck to him. If it's at Easter Road then even better.

:agree:

Why do few people factor in the what Deeks wants ... all we hear is unsubstantiated rumors of 'the club' deciding / wanting rid etc.

Currently he is under contract which neither he nor the club can break without the consent of the other.

So unless the club comes to him and says clubs want to speak to him and they are willing to allow it...or Deeks (via the usual agent stuff) knows clubs are sniffing and asks to officially talk to them......other than that..status quo remains

Only other option is offering him a new deal...this is where it gets more difficult as given current climate then improved deal will be hard for club / JH within current total wage budget (although the often used way is big signing fee - paid from transfer cash (Bamba?) so lower wage) It might also be hard for Deeks knowing that he will probably only have one contract after the next one...and will he want to tie himself given new baby coming etc....

dangermouse
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Here’s a thought that’s only briefly been touched upon.

Keeps Deeks out on the left and Yogi brings in another striker as prolific as Stokes to play up from with him. Mind Yogi says he’s looking for more from Stokes. So;

Stokes 25+
A Another 20 ish
Deeks 17 ish

Is better than Deeks and Stokes up front with a mormal, lower scoring, winger instead.

Would it not make more sense to have someone on the left wing that is a natural winger who could provide Stokes and Riordan the ammunition to score 30+ a season each rather than play him on the wing and pi55 him off even more?

SlickShoes
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM

What a poor wee lamb.

This is the same that was posted last time, riordan is some sort of hero figure and one big bad man wants him out of the club so he will go but its not because he doesnt love hibs more than life itself.

I understand that he is a human being and if you know him you feel differently than everyone else but painting him as some sort of victim in all of this is getting tiresome. Either he wants to stay or he doesnt? You say some things but then you wont mention others so your happy to tell us that hibs want rid of derek but not, why, who or why he would leave or wouldnt leave.

I like him as a player and i would like him to stay but why is this going the exact same way as it did last time? The only constants here are Derek, Rod and Sir Tom so its one of the three and i rather doubt sir tom has anything to do with the football side of hibs.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM

:top marks Derek has always been a miserable sod. He's moaned when up front, he's moaned when on the bench, and he's moaned wide left. Its just his way, its the way he's made. I have no idea if the club want him out, but the manager has praised him all season, he's picked him for virtually every game too. I don't see any evidence of him being pushed out the door, but others who know him, and know more of whats going on might?

I'd like to see him given another contract, but if he was to leave, and if we were to get a decent fee, with a better left sided midfielder, we might just be a better side? We might have a better balance. I'm not convinced we'd miss him as much as some are making out, although I'd rather not lose him, and would prefer we built the rest of the team up with him in it.

Andy74
01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
What a poor wee lamb.

This is the same that was posted last time, riordan is some sort of hero figure and one big bad man wants him out of the club so he will go but its not because he doesnt love hibs more than life itself.

I understand that he is a human being and if you know him you feel differently than everyone else but painting him as some sort of victim in all of this is getting tiresome. Either he wants to stay or he doesnt? You say some things but then you wont mention others so your happy to tell us that hibs want rid of derek but not, why, who or why he would leave or wouldnt leave.

I like him as a player and i would like him to stay but why is this going the exact same way as it did last time? The only constants here are Derek, Rod and Sir Tom so its one of the three and i rather doubt sir tom has anything to do with the football side of hibs.

This is what bothered me about Riordan being here before and worried me about him being back.

There is so much conspiracy crap that seems to go along with him, I'm not sure if the people close to Derek start this or what it is but it is tiresome.

The last time he left the club were made out to be the bad guys, even though they couldn't match other offers and he'd decided to leave.

Derek is a good striker of the ball, one of the best we've had, but the team is most certainly not going to fall apart without him as he is simply not that type of player that you can build the team around.

If he does go this year it will be because all taken into account the manager and the board have decided its in the best interests of the club. We could do without all the other pish that seems to surround this every time!

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2010, 10:18 AM

SH, are you related to DR or just friends with him?

Jim44
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if Riordan is happy to stay at ER for another season and even extend his stay, for the type of wage that Hibs can afford within budget and if Hughes wants him as part of his plans, then it's a no brainer, he should stay. If there is a big bad wolf here, I'd bet money that Petrie is the catalyst who wants to get rid of him, either because of his dislike of the image Riordan has created/been attributed with, or because he can't stand the thought of him leaving for nowt next year. I reckon the vast majority of fans would like him to stay, so Petrie should get over his prejudice and/or his predilection for money and do something, which will help the club and, at the same time bolster the respect that fans generally have for him.

Jack
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Would it not make more sense to have someone on the left wing that is a natural winger who could provide Stokes and Riordan the ammunition to score 30+ a season each rather than play him on the wing and pi55 him off even more?

TBH I think 30+ a season is over ambitious, even with a star winger and they are a bit like hens teeth. I even think anticipating 25 + is a tad ambitious. Only Boyd and Stokes scored more than 20 in the SPL and that was only by 1 and 2 goals!

I’ll expand on what I was thinking

Up front
Stokes 25 +
A Another 20 ish

Being huffy on the wing :faf:
Deeks 17 ish

Total 62 + ish for the top 3 scoring players

Rather than
Stokes 25 +
Deeks 25 +

… and taking our midfield this season, as an example and Deek apart, with 8 between the 8 of them*.

Total 52/3 + for the top 3 scoring players

* 3 Zemmama
2 Miller
1 Gow
1 Wotherspoon
1 Cregg
0 Rankin
0 McBride

SlickShoes
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if Riordan is happy to stay at ER for another season and even extend his stay, for the type of wage that Hibs can afford within budget and if Hughes wants him as part of his plans, then it's a no brainer, he should stay. If there is a big bad wolf here, I'd bet money that Petrie is the catalyst who wants to get rid of him, either because of his dislike of the image Riordan has created/been attributed with, or because he can't stand the thought of him leaving for nowt next year. I reckon the vast majority of fans would like him to stay, so Petrie should get over his prejudice and/or his predilection for money and do something, which will help the club and, at the same time bolster the respect that fans generally have for him.

More Petrie hate when there is no evidence he wants derek out, and the people in the know stay silent as usual or will now come on and post but say that they cant say what the problem is. So there is little point in discussing it, Derek either wants to stay or he doesn't, lets just leave him to decide and move on from there.

allezsauzee
01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Riordan should be playing up front. Yes he's scored 17 goals starting from a wide left position but he scores the goals when he is in a central position. He really isn't much of a threat when he's on the wing. He doesn't have the pace and I can't think of too many times he's hit the byeline and put in a cross. With a more effective, pacey winger both him and stokes could benefit and I could see both of them hitting 25 goals next season with the right service from the wings.

shagpile
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
:top marks Derek has always been a miserable sod. He's moaned when up front, he's moaned when on the bench, and he's moaned wide left. Its just his way, its the way he's made. I have no idea if the club want him out, but the manager has praised him all season, he's picked him for virtually every game too. I don't see any evidence of him being pushed out the door, but others who know him, and know more of whats going on might?

I'd like to see him given another contract, but if he was to leave, and if we were to get a decent fee, with a better left sided midfielder, we might just be a better side? We might have a better balance. I'm not convinced we'd miss him as much as some are making out, although I'd rather not lose him, and would prefer we built the rest of the team up with him in it.

It is the better balance part i agree with here. We may have to settle down & look to win games by being a tighter unit. Give up some of the 'gung ho' tactics we are prone to. If DR is part of that then so be it, if he isn't then that's life.

shagpile
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Riordan should be playing up front. Yes he's scored 17 goals starting from a wide left position but he scores the goals when he is in a central position. He really isn't much of a threat when he's on the wing. He doesn't have the pace and I can't think of too many times he's hit the byeline and put in a cross. With a more effective, pacey winger both him and stokes could benefit and I could see both of them hitting 25 goals next season with the right service from the wings.

To be fair, a large number of his 17 goals would have been free kicks & penalties[until he missed a couple on the trot]

Spike Mandela
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
We are supposed to be improving the team in the summer. If we lose Deeks and get the likes of Gow and Hartley(for example) I would say it is very much a step backwards in development.

Totally disillusioned if this was to materialise.