PDA

View Full Version : Official Hibs Crests/Badges?

Bahrain Hibee
31-05-2010, 02:24 AM
How many official crests/badges have we had through the years?
The four that appear in the page top banner are probably the best known but I had an old scarf, handed down from my father, which had a "Castle" badge.
That scarf is now long gone and I was wondering if anyone had a pic of this old badge?

Peevemor
31-05-2010, 07:09 AM
How many official crests/badges have we had through the years?
The four that appear in the page top banner are probably the best known but I had an old scarf, handed down from my father, which had a "Castle" badge.
That scarf is now long gone and I was wondering if anyone had a pic of this old badge?

I have the same thing, which also belonged to my dad, but I'm not sure if it was official or not. :dunno: The scarf is a very dark green with the castles between fine diagonal stripes.

Brizo
31-05-2010, 03:52 PM
From the 40s through the 50s the club used the Edinburgh coat of arms as its crest which includes the castle. The coat of arms was slightly amended to also include a football. While club crests werent widely used in that era this is the badge that the club chose to represent it on Famous 5 team winners medals , official club blazers and certain cup final programmes. Interestingly while the original club crest of harp and shamrocks remained above the stadium entrance until the mid 50s the crest that the club used from the mid 40s for official matters was the city coat of arms.

Big Frank
31-05-2010, 07:20 PM
From the 40s through the 50s the club used the Edinburgh coat of arms as its crest which includes the castle. The coat of arms was slightly amended to also include a football. While club crests werent widely used in that era this is the badge that the club chose to represent it on Famous 5 team winners medals , official club blazers and certain cup final programmes. Interestingly while the original club crest of harp and shamrocks remained above the stadium entrance until the mid 50s the crest that the club used from the mid 40s for official matters was the city coat of arms.

:agree:

erin-go-bragh87
31-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Cracking post, never knew that!!

Bahrain Hibee
01-06-2010, 02:19 AM
I have the same thing, which also belonged to my dad, but I'm not sure if it was official or not. :dunno: The scarf is a very dark green with the castles between fine diagonal stripes.

That's the one!!! :agree:
Still the best scarf I have worn, just edging out my badge laden bar scarf from the 70's!! .... I am hoping that one day I will uncover it at the back of some drawer or cupboard!