PDA

View Full Version : parking in dundee

libernian
30-05-2010, 08:45 PM
hey just wondered if anyone knew dundee at all and the parking areas...

does anyone know where you would be able to park for free or for a full day in dundee pretty cheaply? or even buy like a weekly permit?

cheers

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2010, 08:53 PM
You can park in the Queens Hotel which is right in the city centre for £4, for the whole day.

libernian
30-05-2010, 08:57 PM
You can park in the Queens Hotel which is right in the city centre for £4, for the whole day.

ah right, thank you!

that would be the queens accross from a pub called tonic? cant remember seeing a carpark there actually last time i was in dundee. or is it at the back?

PeterboroHibee
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah its across from there, just before the front door theres a bit you can go down and the car parks behind it.

Apart from that, there are car parks around the University, about 5 minutes from the city centre, that you can get more or less the whole day for about £6.

libernian
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM
ok thanks very much mate

Sylar
30-05-2010, 11:13 PM
If you're not worried about being too central (i.e. 10 minutes walk from city centre) then free is pretty easy.

There's a car-park at the bottom of Roseangle (just off the Perth Rd.) which is free, but gets quite busy as a result of this - there's a footpath from the car park which directly walks you into the city centre.

You can also park on most residential streets out of the city centre - quite a lot of people seem to park in my street and walk down into town - it's only a 15 minute hike.

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2010, 05:11 PM
From experience, a blue sign with a big white "P" on it is always a boon when searching for a space.

In Dundee, my favourite is the one opposite the Olympia pool, next to the Tay (should that be Teh?) Hotel.

Easy access to the shops.

libernian
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
If you're not worried about being too central (i.e. 10 minutes walk from city centre) then free is pretty easy.

There's a car-park at the bottom of Roseangle (just off the Perth Rd.) which is free, but gets quite busy as a result of this - there's a footpath from the car park which directly walks you into the city centre.

You can also park on most residential streets out of the city centre - quite a lot of people seem to park in my street and walk down into town - it's only a 15 minute hike.

yeah thats where i went in the end. free of charge n no need to go into dundee town centre in the car!

cheers for all the help folks.

p.s. there actaully wasnt a "P" sign!