PDA

View Full Version : Bamba plays for Ivory Coast, Kingston dropped by Ghana (merged)

zlatan
30-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Doesn't start in Svens first game in charge of the Ivory Coast :boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
30-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Doesn't start in Svens first game in charge of the Ivory Coast :boo hoo:

Is he in their final 23 for the World Cup or just the preliminary 30?

Hibs90
30-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Is he in their final 23 for the World Cup or just the preliminary 30?

Final 23 have to be announced tomorrow IIRC so we will find out then. He should be, if not Sven's a ****.

hibsboy90
30-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't suprise me if Sol didnt make it.

Sven never came to see him after promising he'd see all players. Instead saw the wigan centre half numerous times (who hadn't been in recent squads) and a fulham player who doesnt even make it off the bench for club, and has been nowhere near international squads.

But the SPL is crap don't you know, if he plays in the SPL he's nowhere near good enough for internationals.....:grr:

Chuckie
30-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Is the game on the t.v ?

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Is that number 22 Bamba? Looks like him but the quality of the media player is pretty poor.

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 04:27 PM
1-0 Drogba free-kick.

Spike Mandela
30-05-2010, 04:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8668315.stm

zlatan
30-05-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.firstrow.net/webmaster/coolstreaming.tk/20068/2/watch-paraguay-vs-ivory-coast.html

Good stream here. I'm flicking between this and Football Manager so no idea if he's on or not.

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 04:33 PM
HOMFC were counting on getting a fair wedge from Kingston playing in the WC

:agree:

Gus
30-05-2010, 04:37 PM
HOMFC were counting on getting a fair wedge from Kingston playing in the WC

:confused:

was he not out of contract? So they wouldn't of got a penny

as for Bamba........i think he might get punted, i hope not of course

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Is that number 22 Bamba? Looks like him but the quality of the media player is pretty poor.

He did wear 22 in the ACN.

BT58
30-05-2010, 04:40 PM
but i thought that sol played in all the ANC games,,,,,i know that they had a poor tournament
but i thought sol was their settled CH :confused::confused:
hb

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 04:40 PM
He will still (officially) be a HOMFC player until the end of his contract this summer => they would have got payments for him.

zlatan
30-05-2010, 04:41 PM
That is him playing at CB :agree:

edit - if he's getting the 2nd half here then provided he does nothing silly then I'd imagine he'll be in the final 23.

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeh I hope so Zlatan. I, like you, am switching between that and FM so if someone could keep updating us on how he's playing because I don't understand the Polish commentary on my stream...cheers :greengrin

BT58
just reading another thread which states that sol has the squad number 22
[ maybees he is not the number 1 CH afterall]
ooops
hb

Part/Time Supporter
That is him playing at CB :agree:

edit - if he's getting the 2nd half here then provided he does nothing silly then I'd imagine he'll be in the final 23.

Probably won't play though. Sven always showed bias towards players from bigger clubs when he was England manager, to the extent that he was ridiculed for it.

eg he would always pick Heskey when he was with Liverpool, but then went off him after he left them.

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 04:49 PM
2-0 Bamba

steals in at the back post off a free kick and taps it home

:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 04:50 PM
2-1 Santa Cruz

at least partly Bamba's fault

Pedantic_Hibee
My hero :greengrin:greengrin

zlatan
Then 90 seconds later loses his man for Paraguay to get 1 back :hilarious

Solly :thumbsup:

zlatan
30-05-2010, 04:53 PM
According to the commentater it was 'Yapa Yapa' who made it 2-0 :confused:

My commentator just called him Soulemayne, I think they're Paraguayan chaps though.

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 04:54 PM
My links now dead, can someone pm me another?

DC_Hibs
30-05-2010, 04:57 PM
As it stands we should get a decent fee for Sol in the summer even if he doesnt play.

If he plays and has a good world cup then thats ideal but if he plays and gets ripped up for erse paper then we could lose out big time.

Being big, strong and athletic might stand you in good stead in the SPL but much more than that is needed at International level and I'm 50/50 as to whether he is up to it there. Hope he is mind and time will tell.

Unless a deal is done already it looks like clubs are waiting to see how he does there also.

Chuckie
30-05-2010, 04:58 PM
According to the commentater it was 'Yapa Yapa' who made it 2-0 :confused:

Stuart

zlatan
30-05-2010, 05:00 PM
There's a link a few posts up milky, it's not on TV here so it shoudn't be a problem to post them.

Based on this performance Bamba is on to win the balon d'or tbh.

edit - off the line by Bamba, he is unstoppable!

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Bamba clears one with the goalie well beaten

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Bamba booked for chopping Santa Cruz. That's about as near as he's got to him.

2-2 Paraguay score off the resulting free kick (deflected)

zlatan
30-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Equaliser from a free kick conceded by Bamba, uhoh

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 05:05 PM
And they score from the resulting free kick...

jgl07
30-05-2010, 05:11 PM
:confused:

was he not out of contract? So they wouldn't of got a penny

Most contracts run to the end of June.

Gus
30-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Most contracts run to the end of June.

oh right so Ghana would of been due Hearts money......

I thought you meant some club coming in for him

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Bamba came on at half time vs Paraguay today and scored. He also made two mistakes leading to two goals, but cleared a certain goal off the line.

We'll find out tomorrow I suppose.

Toaods
30-05-2010, 05:18 PM
He will still (officially) be a HOMFC player until the end of his contract this summer => they would have got payments for him.

already gone....

http://ghanasoccernet.com/2010/05/ghanas-laryea-kingston-released-by-hearts/

Toaods
30-05-2010, 05:22 PM
can't see Bamba being omitted if the last paragraph is accurate...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/29/sven-goran-eriksson-ivory-coast

Eganov
30-05-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-05-30-2532278360_x.htm

Nice one big Sol!

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2010, 05:54 PM
That should say 'Bamba nets'!

Lofarl
30-05-2010, 06:26 PM
About Kingston. Stolen from minihunsback

Ghana midfielder Laryea Kingston was prevented from physically assaulting coach Milovan Rajevac after he was axed from the Black Stars final 23-man squad for the World Cup next month.

But the Serbian manager was not spared the verbal attacks of the midfielder after his axing from the final squad on Saturday, accusing the tactician of being a bad coach.

An incensed Kingston had to be held back by the vice president of the Ghana FA Fred Pappoe as he went for the coach with an arm raised and a fist clenched.

But Kingston verbally attacked the cowering coach repeatedly with in a very loud an angry outburst, an insider told MTNFootball exclusively.

“I swear to God you are not a good coach. You don’t know anything about football, you stupid man!,” Kingston yelled in the foul-mouthed explosion which last over five minutes.

Kingston’s exclusion has shocked fans because he was tipped to make the final squad after missing the 2006 tournament because of suspension.

The axing of the former Scotland-based midfielder compounds his misery after his contract with Hearts was not renewed.

The Ghana FA had warned dropped players against violent recriminations in a letter they signed last week, promising to be of good behaviour when they are left out.

But Kingston seems to have followed in the footsteps of Baba Armando who accused officials of taking bribes from players before the final squad for the 2006 World Cup was named.

Armando has since not been invited and it looks likely that like Francis Dickoh, who verbally abused coach Claude Le Roy after he was left out of the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations squad, Kingston will not be entertained in future assignments.

Broken Gnome
30-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Ghana midfielder Laryea Kingston was prevented from physically assaulting coach Milovan Rajevac after he was axed from the Black Stars final 23-man squad for the World Cup next month.

But the Serbian manager was not spared the verbal attacks of the midfielder after his axing from the final squad on Saturday, accusing the tactician of being a bad coach.

An incensed Kingston had to be held back by the vice president of the Ghana FA Fred Pappoe as he went for the coach with an arm raised and a fist clenched.

But Kingston verbally attacked the cowering coach repeatedly with in a very loud an angry outburst, an insider told MTNFootball exclusively.

“I swear to God you are not a good coach. You don’t know anything about football, you stupid man!,” Kingston yelled in the foul-mouthed explosion which last over five minutes.

Kingston’s exclusion has shocked fans because he was tipped to make the final squad after missing the 2006 tournament because of suspension.

The axing of the former Scotland-based midfielder compounds his misery after his contract with Hearts was not renewed.

The Ghana FA had warned dropped players against violent recriminations in a letter they signed last week, promising to be of good behaviour when they are left out.

But Kingston seems to have followed in the footsteps of Baba Armando who accused officials of taking bribes from players before the final squad for the 2006 World Cup was named.

Armando has since not been invited and it looks likely that like Francis Dickoh, who verbally abused coach Claude Le Roy after he was left out of the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations squad, Kingston will not be entertained in future assignments.

That's the sort of physicality that usually results in at least 5 agonising and painful minutes on the ground for poor Larry. Hope he's ok. Lucky there's few braver men walking on this planet who have the guts and desire to bounce back from this. Good luck to him.

Diclonius
30-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Even though he did it to the Yams, the guy's a wage thief and deserves exactly what he's getting. GIRUY Kingston ya Hearts twat. :bye:

Part/Time Supporter
30-05-2010, 06:54 PM
already gone....

http://ghanasoccernet.com/2010/05/ghanas-laryea-kingston-released-by-hearts/

That just means that he has been told his contract will not be renewed, which isn't the same thing as being released outright.

NOLA
30-05-2010, 06:56 PM
For Hibs sake i hope Bamba makes the finals, even as an unused sub, but if Ivory coast really want to make some impression, for me, i would not play Sol from the start,

Purehibee_MYB
30-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Apologies if posted before but their "Star" has been dropped from the Ghana Team.

Not good enough to go to the world cup anyway, spends half of the match getting to know the ground.

:lolyam:

Toaods
30-05-2010, 07:35 PM
That just means that he has been told his contract will not be renewed, which isn't the same thing as being released outright.

nah....'have been ' means gone. look at the end of the story here from the club itself:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100520/talking-to-targets_2241384_2055785

Cool_Hand_Luke
30-05-2010, 08:35 PM

You can understand his anger. At the age of 48 you would have to think this would be his last chance of playing in the world cup...

Billy McKirdy
30-05-2010, 09:34 PM
The action from the Ivory Coast game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBKuosXyiBc

:greengrin

Hibs90
30-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Actually a pretty decent finish from big Sol. Although his celebration over the top a bit for a friendly. On another note how hideous is the Ivory Coast strip. :faf:

Banter
30-05-2010, 10:16 PM

All Goals and Highlights

Eh No just the first 3:grr:

And why was a friendly International being played in a field?:cool2:

An Leargaidh
30-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Even though he did it to the Yams, the guy's a wage thief and deserves exactly what he's getting. GIRUY Kingston ya Hearts twat. :bye:

RAOFL :faf:

Aye but take an isotonic drink before ye GIRUY or ye might take a cramp... :greengrin

GhostofBolivar
31-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Actually a pretty decent finish from big Sol. Although his celebration over the top a bit for a friendly. On another note how hideous is the Ivory Coast strip. :faf:

That strip's an 'African Unity' design that's being worn by all Puma-sponsored African teams. It's supposed to represent the whole of Africa, from the vibrant sky to the fertile earth. At least, that's what the marketing bollocks says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbrljy3qCk

frazeHFC
31-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll :blah:

seanraff07
31-05-2010, 04:25 PM