PDA

View Full Version : Question Darren Fletcher did it, Rob Jones it, I did it....would you like to do it?

Toaods
29-05-2010, 05:32 PM
we all put cash in Leithen Hibs bucket today as he worked his way through a 9 hours mountain bike spinning session in the middle of St James' Centre today, raising more cash for Marie Curie.

Well done Gogs, hard going and hope you've added a good whack to your £8K so far...:top marks.

He may be too knackered to post when he gets back home to the borders but he told me he had a good chat with Jonesy, asked him every secong sentence if/when he would sign a new deal to return to Hibs :greengrin Jonesy grinned and they spoke of how his season at Scunny had been stop/start due to injury but they were all overjoyed at retaining their Championship status.

Darren Fletcher also spoke and kindly wrapped up a wee bundle of notes and popped into the slot for the coins, but I've no idea what was said.

Spotted a few well kent Hibs punter faces passing by and wishing Leithen Hibs all the best for his gruelling cycle in July.

Links here if anyone wants to lob something in - even a quid will be appreciated, the target is getting nearer and nearer....:thumbsup:

http://www.justgiving.com/gordonsmith50

Leithenhibby
30-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Firstly, can I thank Toaods+ for his kind words. BUT it's leithenhibby :bitchy: :wink: How long have I been posting?........

Yes my bottom is a tad tender this morn, but I had a cracking time spinning on my bike for 9 hours and meeting all sorts of wonderful people.

The kids were brilliant as they parted with the smash :cool2: The old woman were, just old women, and the old men were always willing to stop for a wee chin-wag. The young guys'n dolls were just smitten :rolleyes: But the comment of the day was an older guy in a wheelchair "better you than me" he said. Well I thought that I had the better deal in fairness.

As Toaods+ says, "a quid" (which was the most common denomination) would go a long way to getting us, :agree: to our target...:notworthy:

A total of £504.15 was raised yesterday, so a huge thanks to everyone who kindly donated. :top marks

And would I do it again!!.... You bet :greengrin

Toaods
30-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Firstly, can I thank Toaods+ for his kind words. BUT it's leithenhibby :bitchy: :wink: How long have I been posting?........

Blackpool Hibs

Southampton Hibs

...easy mistake....:greengrin

£500 though, that's brillliant, well worth all that effort you made.
Rest up and have an easy day today...:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
30-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Blackpool Hibs

Southampton Hibs

£500 though, that's brillliant, well worth all that effort you made.

Will be having a wee cycle this afternoon just to ease my old bones....:greengrin

Will also be taking in some of this... http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010/03/ixs-european-downhill-cup-innerleithen/ over on MY, hill...so it will be a chill afternoon...:cool2:

Leithenhibby
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Blackpool Hibs

Southampton Hibs

£500 though, that's brilliant, well worth all that effort you made.

I went to the bank this afternoon and they made me count every thing again...As it appears my wife can't count :cool2:, We actually made £533.15 :greengrin At least it went in Marie Curie's favour...:wink: