PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Rob Jones.....

Oscar Lomax
29-05-2010, 02:49 PM
....with the wife and kids at Fort Kinnaird hmmmm :hmmm:

RickyS
29-05-2010, 02:54 PM

come home Big Rob you know it makes sense

we are hibs
29-05-2010, 02:56 PM

:agree:
same here i was up there earlier and saw him!:greengrin

Col2
29-05-2010, 02:58 PM
His old house in my estate was sold at the end of last year so no obvious ties in Edinburgh.

hibees707070
29-05-2010, 03:02 PM
told in the boozer last night that he has signed on a 3 year deal. Will be confirmed at the beginning of next week.

SteveHFC
29-05-2010, 03:04 PM
told in the boozer last night that he has signed on a 3 year deal. Will be confirmed at the beginning of next week.

:pray:

HIBEES 4 LIFE
29-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Believe it when I see it.....
Also we very rarely offer 3 year deals to anyone

hibees707070
29-05-2010, 03:09 PM
yes i'm the same believe it when I see it, bit of a coincidence that he is in edinburgh the day after I was told though. Anyway wouldn't want him gives 100% but just 2 slow!

Jack
29-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Are loads of Hibbie players not jet been married or getting married.

Chris Hogg got married recently, Dean Shiels is getting married this weekend/today???

Might explain why there's loads of ex-players being seen.

JoeT_WasTheBest
29-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Steven Whittaker is getting married today too I believe, so he may be here for that?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 03:29 PM

just that he has signed a three year deal?....no mention of the club that he has signed it with??:rolleyes:

Godsahibby
29-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Deans wedding is today.

bighibbyC
29-05-2010, 03:37 PM
i saw deano last night in hanover street with i presume his parents

Hibby70
29-05-2010, 03:49 PM
i saw deano last night in hanover street with i presume his parents

Yes, his father has just signed a 4 year deal (his mum is his agent)

sleeping giant
29-05-2010, 03:49 PM

:hilarious

Banter
29-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Been doing the rounds then as I saw him in zara (other overpriced fashion outlets are available) on princess st earlier, looking like a man just out of negotiations - think he must have been looking for a new attire after rodders took the shirt from his back.

Gus Fring
29-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I seen him in HMV buying a copy of "Spandau Ballet - Gold" I spoke to him and he said he always gets this song stuck in his head in when he visits edinburgh but can't put his finger on why.

steakbake
29-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Please, for the love of god... NOOOOO!!!!!!

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Please, for the love of god... NOOOOO!!!!!!

:agree::agree::agree::agree: with you on that. Great first season full stop.

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2010, 07:59 PM
:greengrin he isnae coming back, he's just up tp make sure the new east is the same height as the other stands. It's a big concern

1875godsgift
29-05-2010, 09:11 PM
:greengrin he isnae coming back, he's just up tp make sure the new east is the same height as the other stands. It's a big concern
can he touch the top on his tippy-toes?

Hibs On Tour
29-05-2010, 10:03 PM
No idea if true or not but would take him back in a heartbeat. If we got him playing like when he first arrived I'd be a damned happy man.

monktonharp
29-05-2010, 10:12 PM
His old house in my estate was sold at the end of last year so no obvious ties in Edinburgh.ooooooer! you live in an estate. what's wrong wi' a guid auld "scheme" likesay?

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-05-2010, 10:25 PM
No idea if true or not but would take him back in a heartbeat. If we got him playing like when he first arrived I'd be a damned happy man.

Problem is D would we?

Chances are he's simply up here visiting friends or going to a wedding.

He went doon south for family reasons can't see him coming back up here. But we DO need a Rob Jones type of centre half, it just won't be him.

Long suffering
30-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I am a bit suprised at people's responses to this. He has been away from us for just a year and people already seem to be forgetting just how good a player he was for us. While he is to a degree a limited player, theres no doubt he excelled for us and quotes like 'he had 1 good season for us' are far off the mark IMO. Obviously he was a goal threat in his first season and he had a decent season but his last year under Mixu he was truelly exceptional for us and looked like he carried us through soo many matches. so to some up it would be great if he came back IMO :wink:

Long suffering
30-05-2010, 09:25 AM
or his final season :wink:

Golden Bear
30-05-2010, 09:49 AM
In the very unlikely event that the Big Rab fellah was to return to ER then he would be a better player now that Maka has departed.

I always felt he played his best games when Maka was not in goals.

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2010, 10:11 AM
In the very unlikely event that the Big Rab fellah was to return to ER then he would be a better player now that Maka has departed.

I always felt he played his best games when Maka was not in goals.

:wink:

:agree: Imagine how good he'd be with stack giving him instructions, and organizing him from behind?:greengrin

Hermit Crab
30-05-2010, 01:05 PM
He was a bomb scare at times just like Bamba is!

Eaststand
30-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Big Rob was a very decent player who came into the pro ranks late in his career but was learning all the time and I reckon he was looking like a better than average player when he went south.
FWIW I'd def have him back to be the linch-pin for our defense. BUT........he went down south to let his wife be beside her family and also to get his kids setup at School nearer to their family, so it would take a very big rethink for him to come back to Scotland to play

ps- when he signed for the Scunnies it reminded me of a slogan that used to be on t-shirts a while back...Typhoo Tea used to advertise with a slogan, that they put the T into Britain.
The T-shirt logo was - If Typhoo out the T in Britain, who put the ***** in Scunthorpe :wink:

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
30-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Loady.

Hibs On Tour
30-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Problem is D would we?

Chances are he's simply up here visiting friends or going to a wedding.

He went doon south for family reasons can't see him coming back up here. But we DO need a Rob Jones type of centre half, it just won't be him.

Know what you mean P but I think we would be able to, no probs. His biggest problem always seemed to be his obvious lack of confidence in Maka. Likewise I cannae see it being anything other than him being up for Whitty's wedding yesterday but you live in hope eh? If you think about it, when was the last time *before* Rob that we had a CH like that? Back when we first started going maybe? Not like we've managed to unearth too many of those wee gems in our time going is it?

Yer right though, in terms of transfers inward - a RJ type who likely isn't RJ has to be our number 1 target - perhaps even 2 of them, plus a RB, maybe a LB too [to let IM get into midfield]

Be nice to see a couple of inwards confirmed before the WC starts so that they can get integrated into the squad well before the preparations start in full for Europe...

seanraff07
30-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I would definitely take big Rob back but..

He only left a year ago and doubt he would come back so soon after departing, and despite injury, his club stayed in the Championship when they weren't expected to and i'm sure he's captain now. I don't think he'd return to us after a year away in what was quite a successful season.

erin go bragh
30-05-2010, 10:27 PM
ooooooer! you live in an estate. what's wrong wi' a guid auld "scheme" likesay?
take it u have no been watching the scheme on bbc:bitchy:

seanraff07
31-05-2010, 02:18 PM
take it u have no been watching the scheme on bbc:bitchy:

But Marvin said he 'couldnae be happier'.:wink:

.Sean.
31-05-2010, 08:44 PM
But Marvin said he 'couldnae be happier'.:wink:
Contradicts himself however when he then says he's ''happy as Larry'' and attacks his bird...

Kingston's been on the attack recently too :hmmm:

tamsonsbairn
31-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Was in the four in hand on fri night, big rob was in the lounge with a cameraman being filmed for some reason, we all thought it was maybe something to do with the upcoming do in the usher hall, possible no.:bye:

Captain Trips
01-06-2010, 06:58 AM
He played in Edinburgh for a while and lived there, perfecly logical for a visit to places perhaps him and his wife enjoyed over a long weekend. Im sure it happens with all players going back to places they played at as enjoyed the city. Add to that the mention of weddings etc.