PDA

View Full Version : Could we see new face(s) next week ?

Big90inOz
29-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Season ticket renewals end today.
Yogi ( apparently) returns from his hols today.
The new stand is coming along at a cracking pace with rumours it may be ready for the new season.

How do we generate interest in new season ticket sales ?

There has been talk by a few "in the know' that deals have been done, are we about to announce a new signing(s) to hopefully attract new season holders ?

Would a couple of good signings really make a difference to sales ? Are there many sitting on the fence waiting to see the clubs ambition ?

HFC07
29-05-2010, 07:17 AM
It would be good to see some new faces coming in, anything would be a marked improvement on last seasons poor results

BEEJ
29-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Season ticket renewals end today.
Yogi ( apparently) returns from his hols today.
The new stand is coming along at a cracking pace with rumours it may be ready for the new season.

How do we generate interest in new season ticket sales ?

There has been talk by a few "in the know' that deals have been done, are we about to announce a new signing(s) to hopefully attract new season holders ?

Would a couple of good signings really make a difference to sales ? Are there many sitting on the fence waiting to see the clubs ambition ?
There is also the fact that by 11th June the World Cup will be in full swing - when virtually all agents, managers, players will be over in South Africa (allegedly), so all UK transfer negotiations will come to a grinding halt. So we could see the period between now and then as a window in which to conclude a deal or two.

But while these are all good reasons why there might be a signing announced in the next week or so, I think it's unlikely to happen. Still only early June and the window doesn't open for another month. Also we may be waiting to see what we secure from the sale of Bamba before Hughes knows in full what budget he has to play with.

Hibs are not renowned for announcing either pre-contract deals or new players early in the window. I don't expect that pattern to change this year.

cad
29-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Most definartly , let the good times roll.
Had to put up with an awful lot over the last 20 odd years ( some would say longer ) have the Hibs support ,now nearing completion the final piece to our jigsaw ,all the hardship over the years ,generation after generation sold to keep us solvent,now as we near the final stages to completing our stadium ,now we can with confidence start improving our squad .
Add to that theres wonga getting thrown at us everywhere we go ,Sponsors , Fletcher ,
Bamba + good World Cup more ££££££££.
Yogi seems to know what he's doing in the transfer market ,so I would expect a few surprises between now and the start of the season ,dont care who they are as long as Hibs get 3 points every week with a bit of silky football along the way .

GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Can't see a whole lot of business being done 'til the world cup is done. Not suggesting that we would be in a position to attract any of the players on show like, but money into the game causes ripples as teams buy players, and then let go of other players who go to other teams who then do the same. If Bamba has a great world cup, the effective on us could be huge.

martin63
29-05-2010, 10:23 AM
But would it not be better so sign a couple of players now? After all it would be nice to have them in before preseason training starts as not long after we go to EUROPE :notworthy:

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Its the same after every major tournament though.

We are left behind because the Yams policy of signing only the best top notch players means that they have been playing through the summer and are match fit when they arrive at the stadium of lightbulbs ( lovin' it :greengrin )

Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
29-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Id like to think there will be at least one new addition by Wednesday.

Dan Sarf
29-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Its the same after every major tournament though.

We are left behind because the Yams policy of signing only the best top notch players means that they have been playing through the summer and are match fit when they arrive at the stadium of lightbulbs ( lovin' it :greengrin )

Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

:greengrin

Superb! Made my day.

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Can you believe they are reforming with mick hucknall:bitchy:

mjhibby
29-05-2010, 02:44 PM
The fletcher money is a bonus but the sale of bamba has been in the offing since january.The fletcher money means we will get top dollar for bamab(provided he does well in the world cup)as there is less pressure on yogi to sell to the first bidder.You have to remember that guys like hart and keogh will look around for the best deals so with the world cup thrown into the mix i wouldnt be surprised if the first signings arent till the 1st week in july once its only the big guns left in the world cup.Of course over at the staduium of lightbulbs(classic btw)the agents will of course be there until the final trying to get hertz to sign those world cup stars.

Earl of Currie
29-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I would like to think that Hibs would be trying to get players in before the start of pre-season. With having an earlier start due to the European involvement , Hibs should be looking at getting as good a squad as possible available for the start of the campaign.

Waiting until the end of August, would mean that we may be already out of Europe and also signing players who have not benefitted from any pre-season training/match involvement.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Can you believe they are reforming with mick hucknall:bitchy:

Unbelievable. Kenney Jones said he would not tour with Daltrey and Townsend as The Who, once Entwhistle was gone as the band would have no credibility, but he is joining up for this farce. Amazing what a wee red bill from HMRC does.:bitchy:

blairwallace
29-05-2010, 05:21 PM
42 guests viewing, ohh my........... :devil:

brydekirk
30-05-2010, 07:34 AM
I would like to think that Hibs would be trying to get players in before the start of pre-season. With having an earlier start due to the European involvement , Hibs should be looking at getting as good a squad as possible available for the start of the campaign.

Waiting until the end of August, would mean that we may be already out of Europe and also signing players who have not benefitted from any pre-season training/match involvement.
:agree: think we will see at least one new face by wednesday :thumbsup:

Ryan69
30-05-2010, 09:00 AM
is someone on here in the know,as why pinpoint Wednesday....unless you have inside info:greengrin

Spike Mandela
30-05-2010, 12:43 PM
is someone on here in the know,as why pinpoint Wednesday....unless you have inside info:greengrin

I'm guessing that most players' contracts run out on Tues 1st June. If any players are already signed they could be announced after this?:dunno: