PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts 2 year plan/Can't afford a stand/Light Bulbs (merged)

Spike Mandela
28-05-2010, 05:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8712040.stm

Surely nae one can swallow that:confused:

hibernian36
28-05-2010, 05:13 PM
looks like they missed out the bit about winning the champions league and spl ? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
28-05-2010, 05:14 PM
But shareholders were told by chairman Sergejus Fedotovas that it would now be "very difficult" to implement their original plans to redevelop Tynecastle Stadium.

Other breaking news.....Pope has soft spot for Catholic world cup stars.........Bears concerned about toilet facilities at new PBS continue to sh*t in the woods......more follows.......

Twa Cairpets
28-05-2010, 05:14 PM
"We have to take care the way we approach signings," said Fedotovas.

"We will still be spending on the squad, but the emphasis will be on the academy as you know what to expect from players who have been here for five and six years and have kept progressing.

"This is better than guessing what players will give you, even though this is done with the benefit of research.

"We have had to lose certain players, and certain managers in the past believed they would bring a positive result, but that didn't materialise.

"Working with the youngsters will be different, but Jim Jefferies is known for his expertise in this area."

Or, in normal words, "we cant afford to sign anyone, and it turns out that Football Manager is not a reliable source of info on players".

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2010, 05:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8712040.stm

Surely nae one can swallow that:confused:

... said Jim, as Vladimir opened his trousers.

Kevvy1875
28-05-2010, 05:21 PM
But shareholders were told by chairman Sergejus Fedotovas that it would now be "very difficult" to implement their original plans to redevelop Tynecastle Stadium.

:agree:

What they really mean.......Sorry Yam Fuds, you will be getting no 51 trillion mega dome after all as.......well quite frankly it would cost 51 trillion. But we can now blame it on FIFA and UEFA who MUST be in cahoots with that SFA Mafia against us. Their fault....new season ticket money please!:jamboak:

seanraff07
28-05-2010, 05:26 PM

What they really mean.......Sorry Yam Fuds, you will be getting no 51 trillion mega dome after all as.......well quite frankly it would cost 51 trillion. But we can now blame it on FIFA and UEFA who MUST be in cahoots with that SFA Mafia against us. Their fault....new season ticket money please!:jamboak:

Yep, the conspiracy against Hearts has began again.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I luv these liths, they are royally rogering the yams year after year and each time the yams swallow it and wave there flags some more.

They really are the stupidest football fans in history. In fact when there club finally dies thats what they will be remembered for

Heart Of Midlothian
RIP
Followed by the stupidest fans in the history of football

DC_Hibs
28-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Read the first lot of comments at the bottom of this article to show how spineless or gullible they are.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Precious-few-ripples-expected-at.6326163.jp

They'll be camping oot overnight to buy flats there when Tyecastle is knocked doon.........especially as they will overlook a school the perverted filth

HibbyAndy
28-05-2010, 06:06 PM
2 year plan :hilarious

They will be lucky to be here in 2 years..

skipster7
28-05-2010, 06:15 PM
i never fail to absoloutly pash myself laughing at these gullable balloons:faf:you can almost feel pity for them at times they are so deluded:ostrich::jamboclow:lolyam:

EasterRoad4Ever
28-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Sheer fantasy and never gonna happen. Sounds like a company in deep trouble trying to appease creditors and shareholders, but knowning full well, they might just as easily fold. In corporate terms, sounds like a death rattle.

YehButNoBut
28-05-2010, 06:36 PM
"Hearts' accounts for the 12 months up to July showed that the club made a loss in excess of £8m, taking their debt to £35m."

I cannot believe they see the above and think the club is heading in the right direction. :faf:

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2010, 06:39 PM
"Hearts' accounts for the 12 months up to July showed that the club made a loss in excess of £8m, taking their debt to £35m."

I cannot believe they see the above and think the club is heading in the right direction. :faf:

Yeah and thats after 9million for gordon and a 12 million debt for equity swap. What was the debt whn the pieman sold again, was it around 24million???

They could have had a debt of 3million, what a bunch of plums:greengrin

Silver Fox
28-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Aye, Foulkes believes it anyway. :jamboclow

Jack
28-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know if a yam was brave enough to ask a question this year?

Hibernia Na Eir
28-05-2010, 08:34 PM
amazes me how this crappy post office type of a bank has staye afloat during this recession.....

matty_f
28-05-2010, 08:51 PM
They really are trailblazers!:thumbsup:

A manager that picks the side
A youth policy
cutting debt back and aiming to live within their means.

Why has nobody thought of this before?:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah and thats after 9million for gordon and a 12 million debt for equity swap. What was the debt whn the pieman sold again, was it around 24million???

They could have had a debt of 3million, what a bunch of plums:greengrin

Yeah, but just wait until the next set of accounts comes out. By then they'll have lost more of the big earners who are crippling the wage bill.

They've been saying that since Gordan Petric was fleecing them for a salary mind you and it's got progressively worse.

They've got far and away the 3rd biggest wage bill in the SPL and could only finish 7th; their debt continues to grow year on year and despite having *****ed a million pound coins on a planning application, their fans are still facing up to the prospect of putting their lives at risk every time they enter that asbestos-ridden applecart-without-wheels they call their main stand.

Yet they're heading in the right direction supposedly and they'll break even within two years. Isn't this the same wind and p1sh that they fed the Kaunas fans?

They are either really, really stupid or they're scared beyond belief and are in denial.

One thing is for sure though, they're looking over at our club and it hurts them, hurts them really, really badly. Right now they'll be reading this and oozing a wounded cringe of seeping jealousy and suchlike.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Is Caversham Green on this thread?

They appear to have moved the debt, or liability, from Ukio Bankas to UBIG. What are the implications of this move? If any?

Spike Mandela
28-05-2010, 11:44 PM
lightbulb!!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp

Check out last paragraph. Joke club:faf::faf:

Removed
28-05-2010, 11:55 PM
:faf:

hibs0666
28-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Loving it. :thumbsup:

Peevemor
28-05-2010, 11:59 PM
lightbulb!!

Well it'll be all 'onward and upward' now that they've got that sorted out.

hibs0666
29-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Well it'll be all 'onward and upward' now that they've got that sorted out.

I hear the next target is a flickering T5 tube in the main stand lassies lavvies and the yams should be in a position to replace it in 2011. :thumbsup:

Ryan91
29-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I though AGMs were supposed to be chaired by the club chairman? Neither Vlad nor Roman were present, at almost every other club in the UK if that happened would be up in arms, but no, not at Hearts, the absence of senior board members is perfectly normal for a big club like them. Also the first poster on the Scotsman thread still believes they can consolidate their debt and build the new stand, eventually, first off, I didn't know that they needed to consolidate their debts, don't they owe the money to themselves or something? New stand is now £15 million, also I'm pretty sure the safety certificate on that asbestos-ridden is due to run out sometime soon? As for the lightbulb, was it really that boring that the journo had to mention that they wanted to replace a lightbulb. So to conclude, we all still think that they are bunch of spineless idiots with their heads in the sand, they go on at us for having the clock ticking for 5 years now, that clock will keep on ticking until they finally implode, but chances are that it will probably happen within 5 years.

Auckland Hibs
29-05-2010, 12:11 AM
:thumbsup:

Love it.

We're no longer building the £51m stand, our second choice £15m stand is on hold but we will investigate changing a light bulb from 40w to 100w.

You couldn't make that up :faf:

OstKurve Hibs
29-05-2010, 02:42 AM
7 (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000#5263783)
kiwidoug,

lower Hutt 29/05/2010 02:13:36
Couldn't we even afford a dirt cheap one with no corporate facilities? If we could, I could show the Hearts board one like that which is being built right now - and not that far away from Tynie.

You av to laugh at this sad twat on the article comments, reekin of jealousy or what! U are gettin no stand wi no corporate facilities and hotels n theme parks and whatever else, your club is a debt riddled joke, get it in yer thick head dumbo!!!:bye:

Baader
29-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Absolute joke of a club. Beyond embarrassing now when the only mover at your AGM is to replace a f*****g lightbulb in a dilapidated old stand. Mind you, it could mark the first promise Romanov delivers on, so maybe a positive after all.

Their best signings next season could be the Watt brothers - 60 and his more powerful sibling 100. Probably better option upfront than Nade I suppose...
:faf::faf::faf:

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2010, 03:44 AM
:kbacker::monkey::ostrich::******::vladsheep::jamb oclow:monkey1:

YehButNoBut
29-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Q: How many assholes does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None; assholes never see the light anyway.

DarlingtonHibee
29-05-2010, 06:42 AM
7 (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000#5263783)
kiwidoug,

lower Hutt 29/05/2010 02:13:36
Couldn't we even afford a dirt cheap one with no corporate facilities? If we could, I could show the Hearts board one like that which is being built right now - and not that far away from Tynie.

You av to laugh at this sad twat on the article comments, reekin of jealousy or what! U are gettin no stand wi no corporate facilities and hotels n theme parks and whatever else, your club is a debt riddled joke, get it in yer thick head dumbo!!!:bye:

kiwidoug is on every Hibs thread in the EEN.

The guy is a complete tw*t, and also having a go.

The reason is simple they have nothing, and no future, and can't stand to see the great progress Hibs are making under Sir Rod :thumbsup:

OstKurve Hibs
29-05-2010, 07:01 AM

The reason is simple they have nothing, and no future, and can't stand to see the great progress Hibs are making under Sir Rod :thumbsup:

Spot on, it would take them years to get to where we r now (unless they get their abramovich :rolleyes:), jus like it took us a long time. But we r seein the benefits fae all the hard work thats been put in and cuttin expenditure at the right time, maybe not the best on the park,yet:wink:, but we r gettin there!!!

matty_f
29-05-2010, 07:14 AM

Great AGM. Despite all the odds being massively against us, we'll break even in (wait for it) 2 years. :faf:

Stand,yes there'll be a stand - it's a priority. What? We've said this before and still hee-haw? Yes, but this time we really, really mean it. Sorry? Didn't we say that last time too? Erm. No, we said something that sounded like stand. You must have misheard.
However, you'll be glad to know that we've had the sign off from Ubig to replace that lightbulb, and we hope to have that done in time for the winter months, if not then then sometime after that. Probably.
Don't worry though, because we've got Fat Jim Knew so that means all of a sudden we'll have an amazing youth policy. What's that - where were Killie and our youth policies when he was here last time? Erm... something and nothing and whatever. Anyway, he gets to pick the team now and everything. What about who? Goncalves? Erm, no Fat Jim Knew didn't want to make Europe anyway so it was his choice to not play our best player last season. We definitely didn't tell him not to.

Absolute joke club.:thumbsup:

seanraff07
29-05-2010, 07:15 AM
What will their next song be... 'Big team good light, wee team **** light'.:faf:

ronaldo7
29-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I wonder if the light bulb will get changed in this transfer window:greengrin

ronaldo7
29-05-2010, 07:27 AM
:thumbsup:

Love it.

We're no longer building the £51m stand, our second choice £15m stand is on hold but we will investigate changing a light bulb from 40w to 100w.

You couldn't make that up :faf:

The journos just got the figures round the wrong way on the original article dontcha know

Barney McGrew
29-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Great AGM. Despite all the odds being massively against us, we'll break even in (wait for it) 2 years. :faf:

They're utter fuds, and they're fuddley fans lap it up.

The shambles that are happenings down at the PBS are shown up by the fact that this AGM was for a financial period that ended TEN MONTHS ago. All they're doing is setting up the believers for another whopping loss this time next year, followed by the explanation that it's alright because we'll break even next year (honest guv).

I wonder if Vlad will bother turning up to any games next season? I think I was at more Hertz games last campaign than he was :faf:

Auckland Hibs
29-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I wonder if the light bulb get changed in this transfer window:greengrin

I wonder if MadVlad will fax his approval for the bulb?!

Bostonhibby
29-05-2010, 08:10 AM
This is what big clubs like Hearts do, unlike us with all this stand,manageable debt and own training facilities nonsense.

Now pay attention..............its called planning - you get the basics right from the very start, this year you change the light bulb and you make sure everyone knows you are doing it, you also make the statement at the AGM as this is probably an exceptional commitment so the shareholders will want to know, more so if you are borrowing to do it.

This is a major investment in technology so the search for the right buy should be worldwide and you draw as much attention to this spectacle as possible (preferably it becomes the only thing that the fans focus on for a year or so).

It might be cheaper to import it from somewhere in Eastern Europe, Lithuania for example. Even allowing for Lightbulb Management charges, lightbulb transfer commissions, Lightbulb registration papers and lightbulb agents fees it will still be vastly superior to any local lightbulbs and will be a much better investment for the long term future of the club. You may be able to sell it on.

Next year and beyond you make it clear there will be further strides ahead of your rivals, something like, checking all the plugs to make sure they have earth wires in case the stadium burns down, or maybe having 2 different bars of soap per season AND hot running water in the changing rooms.

You manage the club with a simple and open profit and loss account run for the benefit of the club so if there is any surplus after player sales and interest charges you might also give the uprights in the stand a quick spray with woodworm killer before you paint over it for another year. This way you move gradually towards the Supermegastadium (version 37).

The sooner we all understand this the better. There is no point whatsoever in quietly getting on with doing what you say you will do in a credible way and with your own money.

You have got to start somewhere and if we can't see this lightbulb episode as the step in the right direction it is then its no wonder they feel superior. Its not as if they have been making any outlandish commitments to building new stands and not delivering just like us........oh wait a minute.

:crazy:

GodisaHibee
29-05-2010, 08:18 AM
If their AGM operates like any other AGM, NEXT year they'll have to address the lightbulb issue again to confirm it was actioned.

greenlex
29-05-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't believe the lightbulb will be changed. Fools.

bingo70
29-05-2010, 08:31 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WPObeunKjDCncM:http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/ceci-broken-lightbulb-high-powered-led-lamp-1.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/ceci-broken-lightbulb-high-powered-led-lamp-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thegreenhead.com/2008/08/ceci-broken-lightbulb-high-powered-led-lamp.php&usg=__vm2cQww6cg8bQnPoXTJmf63THok=&h=350&w=350&sz=14&hl=en&start=11&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=WPObeunKjDCncM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbroken%2Blight%2Bbulb%26um%3D1%26hl%3 Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_en-GBGB368GB368%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Latest picture update taken yesterday, anyone been up this morning to see if the workies have made any progress :dunno:

Bostonhibby
29-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Reuters are reporting that the Aberdeen toaster was signed from the Yams and they have just found out that it doesn't have any wiring inside.

Jim44
29-05-2010, 08:48 AM
I see the new £50M stand developement at Tynie has been scaled down to a £15M stand. There's only one tiny snag......................

.....they can't even afford that. :faf:

goosano
29-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Link (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp)

We are going at a considerable pace to minimise loss-making. We have until 2012 to break even, and are reasonably positive we will meet it in the next financial year." :faf:

Spike Mandela
29-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Link (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp)

We are going at a considerable pace to minimise loss-making. We have until 2012 to break even, and are reasonably positive we will meet it in the next financial year." :faf:

Ahem.............. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?184227-Aberdeen-had-a-toaster-Hearts-have-a..........

greenginger
29-05-2010, 09:04 AM

They appear to have moved the debt, or liability, from Ukio Bankas to UBIG. What are the implications of this move? If any?

I don't know what C.G. makes of it but it obviously gives UBIG the scope to charge Hearts interest at a rate they can afford leaving UBIG to pick up any shortfall.

It will also make it much easier for UBIG to liquidate the club without any other
major creditors to consider. :greengrin

What I don't get is where UBIG get any cash flow ? Their web site lists all their business interests and everyone is a Turkey. Is it not time the SPL demanded to see a set of UBIG Accounts.

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2010, 09:10 AM
If their AGM operates like any other AGM, NEXT year they'll have to address the lightbulb issue again to confirm it was actioned.

It's probably the only issue from this year that they will talk about next year. I genuinely cannot believe that a BIG team like hearts discussed this at there AGM. I want to buy a share in hearts so I can go to an AGM, they sound like an absolute hoot :greengrin

paxtonhibby
29-05-2010, 09:11 AM
If it wasnt for Sunderland they could rename it The Stadium of Light(bulbs).:faf:

Auckland Hibs
29-05-2010, 09:16 AM
If it wasnt for Sunderland they could rename it The Stadium of Light(bulbs).:faf:

:top marks:thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
29-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't know what C.G. makes of it but it obviously gives UBIG the scope to charge Hearts interest at a rate they can afford leaving UBIG to pick up any shortfall.

It will also make it much easier for UBIG to liquidate the club without any other

What I don't get is where UBIG get any cash flow ? Their web site lists all their business interests and everyone is a Turkey. Is it not time the SPL demanded to see a set of UBIG Accounts.

UBIG accounts are like hens teeth.........they don't exist!!!

Hank Schrader
29-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Kiwidoug is a scrotum. Utterly clueless.

Hibbyradge
29-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Has anyone got a copy of the artists impression of the £51m stand?

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone know if there will be a webcam showing this momentous changeover?

Baader
29-05-2010, 09:40 AM

Yeah, here it is...

http://morris108.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/tower-of-babel.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2010, 09:42 AM
any chance of getting this post icon lighbulb made into a smilie icon admins ? :greengrin

Greentinted
29-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Couldnt find it but I did happen across a menu for their new sooper-dooper food outlets:

http://www.thecookieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pie-in-the-sky.jpg

Hibbyradge
29-05-2010, 09:56 AM
http://www.easterroad.com/images/tynecastle-stadium.jpg

Hibby D
29-05-2010, 09:56 AM
It's not often I doff my cap to a journo but that last paragraph is pure genius :faf:

Hibbyradge
29-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Here you go. (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/NEWTynecastleSDM_468x312.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-476711/Hearts-reveal-stadium-plans-club-debt-set-soar.html&usg=__aZuf-jGWwgmgvl17DWLTu8MZL9s=&h=312&w=468&sz=56&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=W5UQROYq0R195M:&tbnh=85&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhearts%2Bnew%2Bstand%26hl%3Den%26rlz% 3D1T4GGLL_en-GBGB324%26tbs%3Disch:1):greengrin

jpt11
29-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Shalll we buy a bulb for you?.... shall we buy a bulb for you?

That can't seriously be true?

Will this need to wait till the 1st August?

Perhaps when we send our postcards (which surely we're doing) from Europa we could maybe post the a 100watt bulb too?

The agm concluded with a plea for better lighting on one of the stairways in the main stand. Fedotovas promised to refer the suggested replacement of an alleged 40-watt light bulb with a 100-watt one to stadium manager John Boag.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2010, 10:17 AM
A source tells me that the lightbulb will be bought by Kaunas ( or however you spell it ) and will then go out on loan to Hearts.

To be serious though, this all sounds very depressing I can picture the inside of their main stand as a cold dark dimly lit place, harking back to the 20s or 30s with cold wet fans huddled in trench coats against the night air and everything in sight painted that depressing maroon colour.

When the game is finished they head home to put on the radio, before a tea of Bovril and bread and dripping.

Perhaps the Yams could advertise their howf to football fans around the country as a place to go for an experience of football yesteryear. Free flat cap with every package. This could be enhanced by putting the team in long baggy shorts and brown rugby boots.

:bitchy: :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
29-05-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.graham-jones-online.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hnet/yambulbost1.jpg

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I know this has been done to death here, but I am still in the dark (light bulb pun intended) about Hearts' finances. One of the posts beneath the quoted Scotsman article includes this:

Highland Hibby(he is an ex Jambo but more importantly an accountant)will explain why HEARTS are different. It is our debt but if UKIO call in the debt(LLOYDS /Gers style) UBIG carry the 'financial' can........NO DOUBT if we were with Lloyds we would already be in ADMIN .....realistically only UKIO can force HEARTS into ADMIN.....not going to happen as UBIG own UKIO ;tantamount to cutting ones throat!!!

Is it a good position to be in ....as good as Hibs.....no but better position that a large % of clubs in the UK.

This seems to be like the snake that swallowed its tail. Are Hearts in debt or are they not? Why would closing down a perennial loss making division of your financial empire be cutting your own throat? Why would UKIO / UBIG not decide to cut their losses at some point and sell Tymecastle for housing? Sorry to bore people but I really don't understand how the financial world works and would honestly like a simple explanantion.

Spike Mandela
29-05-2010, 10:24 AM

:faf::faf::faf: This thread is already turning in to comedy gold:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 10:25 AM
A source tells me that the lightbulb will be bought by Kaunas ( or however you spell it ) and will then go out on loan to Hearts.

To be serious though, this all sounds very depressing I can picture the inside of their main stand as a cold dark dimly lit place, harking back to the 20s or 30s with cold wet fans huddled in trench coats against the night air and everything in sight painted that depressing maroon colour.

When the game is finished they head home to put on the radio, before a tea of Bovril and bread and dripping.

Perhaps the Yams could advertise their howf to football fans around the country as a place to go for an experience of football yesteryear. Free flat cap with every package. This could be enhanced by putting the team in long baggy shorts and brown rugby boots.

:bitchy: :greengrin

Very funny - did genuinely laugh out loud over this one! :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
29-05-2010, 10:25 AM
shocking journalism its £51 million not £15million

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 10:38 AM
shocking journalism its £51 million not £15million

I think £15million refers to the latest fantasy stand, without hotel, shops, beach, indoor yachting lake, several small countries and rooftop airport.

£51million was the original fantasy stand.

1875er
29-05-2010, 10:45 AM

ha ha ha ha brilliant mate!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

--------
29-05-2010, 10:47 AM
This is what big clubs like Hearts do, unlike us with all this stand,manageable debt and own training facilities nonsense.

Now pay attention..............its called planning - you get the basics right from the very start, this year you change the light bulb and you make sure everyone knows you are doing it, you also make the statement at the AGM as this is probably an exceptional commitment so the shareholders will want to know, more so if you are borrowing to do it.

This is a major investment in technology so the search for the right buy should be worldwide and you draw as much attention to this spectacle as possible (preferably it becomes the only thing that the fans focus on for a year or so).

It might be cheaper to import it from somewhere in Eastern Europe, Lithuania for example. Even allowing for Lightbulb Management charges, lightbulb transfer commissions, Lightbulb registration papers and lightbulb agents fees it will still be vastly superior to any local lightbulbs and will be a much better investment for the long term future of the club. You may be able to sell it on.

Next year and beyond you make it clear there will be further strides ahead of your rivals, something like, checking all the plugs to make sure they have earth wires in case the stadium burns down, or maybe having 2 different bars of soap per season AND hot running water in the changing rooms.

You manage the club with a simple and open profit and loss account run for the benefit of the club so if there is any surplus after player sales and interest charges you might also give the uprights in the stand a quick spray with woodworm killer before you paint over it for another year. This way you move gradually towards the Supermegastadium (version 37).

The sooner we all understand this the better. There is no point whatsoever in quietly getting on with doing what you say you will do in a credible way and with your own money.

You have got to start somewhere and if we can't see this lightbulb episode as the step in the right direction it is then its no wonder they feel superior. Its not as if they have been making any outlandish commitments to building new stands and not delivering just like us........oh wait a minute.

:crazy:

Will our new stand have light-bulbs? :worried:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Thinking back to Aberdeen's toaster, is it true that Hearts COULD actually afford a toaster but that it would overload the main stand's fusebox, once the 100W bulb is in place?

Bostonhibby
29-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Aberdeen have a toaster hearts have a lightbulb

It's pretty hush hush at the moment for obvious reasons but theres definite talk doon the road that as they are also a much bigger and more important club that the sheep they are going to take the debate to another level very soon - they are going straight past the toaster and getting a George Foreman Lean, Mean, Grilling Machine, just a pity Nade ain't around, still nothing can stand in the way of progress.........

hibernator
29-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Complete non story, a bus load of Osrams have has been seen in Gorksky obviously en rout to Tindercastle, just jealous, poor and lazy journalism once again from the hoobsman, once again we are in talks with http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Professionals/index.html, we do everything bigger and better than the wee team, the credit application is being filled in as I write, no story here, move along !:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby

:confused: Petrie - sort it out :grr: I am sure there will be announcement when we buy the first one - just like the big club have done. I can't wait.

matty_f

:top marks

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 11:03 AM

Yes, but we can't possibly afford to compete with Hearts and their fancy 21st Century 100W megabulbs, I'm afraid.

Bostonhibby
29-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, but we can't possibly afford to compete with Hearts and their fancy 21st Century 100W megabulbs, I'm afraid.

This is what I was worried about, we are probably going to have to settle for a vastly inferior 60 watt job, Nae class like the big team, our inferior one probably wont even merit an announcement at the next AGM, disappointing, we are just not Hearts class when it comes to electrical lighting matters.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Shalll we buy a bulb for you?.... shall we buy a bulb for you?

That can't seriously be true?

Will this need to wait till the 1st August?

Perhaps when we send our postcards (which surely we're doing) from Europa we could maybe post the a 100watt bulb too?

The agm concluded with a plea for better lighting on one of the stairways in the main stand. Fedotovas promised to refer the suggested replacement of an alleged 40-watt light bulb with a 100-watt one to stadium manager John Boag.

Do the Energy Utilities still give their customers a free pack of three energy saving bulbs? With the savings I'm sure Hearts could indeed break even within two years.

whaley
29-05-2010, 11:25 AM
What's their mailing address? I think we should all send them a 100 watt light bulb, signed from a concerned Hibby, should only cost a couple of quid but would certainly get a message across.... :greengrin

Mellow Hibee
29-05-2010, 11:27 AM
This is what I was worried about, we are probably going to have to settle for a vastly inferior 60 watt job, Nae class like the big team, our inferior one probably wont even merit an announcement at the next AGM, disappointing, we are just not Hearts class when it comes to electrical lighting matters.

Don't want to name my source but I've got hold of the agenda for the next AGM.

1- Lightbulb Logistics
2- Brown sauce for hospitality (HP or Daddies)
3- New mop required for cleaner
4- Mobile phone found in west stand
5- New bic pen required in reception (ink levels indicate may last 3 months)
6- AOB

All maters relating to finance will be covered under AOB, though quite why any fan would be interested in how their club is actually being run remains something of a mystery.

Caversham Green
29-05-2010, 11:30 AM

I've posted on another thread about this. According to the accounts:

£5m of these loans and facilities were taken on by UBIG and £12.6m were taken on by a company related to UBIG.

If this other company was a member of the UBIG group, they would have said so. That makes me wonder in what way the company is related (owned by Vlad and family would be my guess) and why they've done it this way. Could UBIG only afford £5m? Is Vlad "ring-fencing" £12.6m in anticipation of a mammaries skyward scenario? Is £12.6m the anticipated transfer value of the PBS?

I don't know, but it's all a bit odd.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Log onto Hearts TV next week for a World Exclusive Interview with Hearts' new lightbulb.

Pay-per-view subscription packages will be available to UK and mainland users who want to watch live, uninterrupted coverage of the fitting which will be carried out by Roman Romanov who will be holding the lightbulb whilst 9 privileged Hearts fans turn the ladder.

http://indigostatic.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/lightbulb-idea.jpg

HibbyAndy
29-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Big team wee stand wee team big stand.

Every single Hearts fan should be embarresed the way there team is run, run by a fleet of ersholes that really dont give flying fek about anyone barr themselves.

Hearts fans should be afraid, very afraid in the way there club is been run and what direction they are going.

Saorsa
29-05-2010, 11:45 AM
http://www.graham-jones-online.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hnet/yambulbost1.jpg:faf::faf::faf:

Chuckie
29-05-2010, 11:52 AM

I haven't stopped laughing at this since I first looked at it about 15 minutes ago.

Brilliant.

MSK
29-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Total joke of a club ..the yams should be utterly embarrased ....then again they are total ***** bags ...i bet the yam tramp who asked the light bulb question was originaly gonna ask about finances or signings or something that has a modicum o importance ...but his yam erse cheeks started flapping so he went for plan b ....:faf::faf:

HibbyAndy
29-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I haven't stopped laughing at this since I first looked at it about 15 minutes ago.

Brilliant.

Its good to laugh Neil, Its even better when it concerns the trumpets, There is not another team in the world that gets ridiculed as much as Hearts, No wonder 99% of there fans are inbreds.

Geo_1875
29-05-2010, 11:56 AM
It'll be a low energy 20W bulb but they will put it through the books as a superduper mega 100W bulb that is better than anything the wee team could afford. Would the last man out ,please turn off the lights.

Chuckie
29-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Its good to laugh Neil, Its even better when it concerns the trumpets, There is not another team in the world that gets ridiculed as much as Hearts, No wonder 99% of there fans are inbreds.

We are superior on every level Andrew and they know it.

Internationals and World Cup stars throughout our team, and they are trying to sign Morais, who is easily the worst player I have seen in a Hibs shirt ever.

:greengrin

Removed
29-05-2010, 12:48 PM

You are a genius :not worth

iwasthere1972
29-05-2010, 12:57 PM
lightbulb!!

:faf: Big club - wee light bulbs.

They are a joke.

Hibs07p
29-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Evening news update

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Lithuanian-Hearts-chief-Fedotovas-handles.6328686.jp#5264886

but as one of the posters at the bottom says,

"Lithuanian Hearts chief Fedotovas handles club AGM with aplomb"

Headline should read

"Lithuanian Hearts chief Fedotovas handles club AGM with a roomful of plums"
:faf::faf::faf:

Big Frank
29-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Time and again the bigteamweestand do it.:faf::faf:

I think, thats it their done, but no, they go out and make a complete arse of themselves again:thumbsup:

What a shambles:faf::faf:

:dancer::dancer::jamboclow:dancer::dancer:

Dashing Bob S
29-05-2010, 02:07 PM
:confused: Petrie - sort it out :grr: I am sure there will be announcement when we buy the first one - just like the big club have done. I can't wait.

Perhaps I'm reading between the lines too much but if the 51mill stand has been scaled back to 15 mill, surely they can afford a lightbulb on the savings? Or is Vlad charging special prices for 100 watt bulbs?

CraigHibee
29-05-2010, 02:16 PM
lightbulb!!

amazing :greengrin

Hibby70
29-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Even Hibs fans have completed stadiums before Romanov
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Dad-makes-it-a-gala.6328682.jp

Kevvy1875
29-05-2010, 03:39 PM
For those Yams who like to co-ordinate their colour scheme's

http://iphonetoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Pink-Light-Bulb-f.jpg

new malkyhib
29-05-2010, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=BOVRIL;2480502]A source tells me that the lightbulb will be bought by Kaunas ( or however you spell it ) and will then go out on loan to Hearts.

That ain't so far from the truth - I was in the main stand for the semi-final with St Johnstone in 2007 - it was cramped, decrepit, and totally unfit-for-purpose in my book. It is also I believe riddled with asbestos and God knows how it's granted a safety certificate year-on-year.

Oh wait a minute I do know, is that trumpet Eric Milligan not still peened on at the Council in some capacity?

Bishop Hibee
29-05-2010, 04:10 PM

1- Lightbulb Logistics
6- AOB

All maters relating to finance will be covered under AOB, though quite why any fan would be interested in how their club is actually being run remains something of a mystery.

:greengrin A more supine bunch of "fans" you couldn't wish to meet :bitchy:

CraigHibee
29-05-2010, 04:21 PM

from what i understand there will be no lighting installed in the east stand, petrie has ordered 100 wind up torches though as he wants to cut down on the power bill as he is trying to save up to get grooming products for his mighty tache... :wink:

jpt11
29-05-2010, 04:39 PM

1- Lightbulb Logistics
6- AOB

Surely they don't want to sign that plum ;-)

tamig
29-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Could one of the finance gurus please explain how this all works?

Surely there is only so much debt that can be "swapped" for shares? Has he not almost got 100% now? Is it just a case of writing more shares to increase the number available? :confused:

Cheers.

Albanian Hibs
29-05-2010, 06:54 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Superb G :thumbsup:

Removed
29-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Surely they don't want to sign that plum ;-)

If they sign Badgerheid then who knows :faf:

johnrebus
29-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Must admit that I don't find any of this funny anymore.

They are now way beyond a joke.

I just wish that HOMOFC would hurry up and die..........,

Seriously.

shagpile
29-05-2010, 07:58 PM

Surely there is only so much debt that can be "swapped" for shares? Has he not almost got 100% now? Is it just a case of writing more shares to increase the number available? :confused:

Cheers.

Not a finance guru mate, but i'll bet that any defenition of 'Dept for Equity' begins with...

'If a company is having money problems':faf:

BullbreedHFC
29-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Well a least they can all look on the bright side now :greengrin ........... you really could'nt make it up :bitchy: joke team - joke club :faf:

we are hibs
29-05-2010, 08:04 PM
For those Yams who like to co-ordinate their colour scheme's

http://iphonetoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Pink-Light-Bulb-f.jpg

romanovs thinking.....
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:52zbS3Q85t6vxM:http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/light-bulb-ban.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/light-bulb-ban.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2007/03/&usg=__Nk1_2bA6Ya3eowG7YsvTXqEy_RY=&h=440&w=450&sz=25&hl=en&start=12&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=52zbS3Q85t6vxM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgay%2Blight%2Bbulbs%2Bred%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26tbs%3Disch:1):greengrin

The Harp
29-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I think the Gorgie mob deserve some kind of award for their services to comedy.
They never disappoint. Even their agm's are a hoot!
Can't wait for the next comedy classic from the PBS. :not worth

The Harp
29-05-2010, 08:52 PM
i never fail to absoloutly pash myself laughing at these gullable balloons:faf:you can almost feel pity for them at times they are so deluded:ostrich::jamboclow:lolyam:

It's strange, I always thought the only Stand Comedy Club in Edinburgh was located on York Place ... not so!
The REAL 'Stand' Comedy Club is to be found at the Pink Bus Shelter. Hilarious stuff from the BIG team yet again.:applause:

1875godsgift
29-05-2010, 09:17 PM
:greengrin The person who came up with that one deserves a medal! :top marks

Removed
29-05-2010, 09:22 PM

Or his own thread even :greengrin

Expect lots of moaners to be passing by this way soon. They don't like yam threads but will look and post anyway :agree:

Edit: paxtonhibby looks to be your man

Kevvy1875
29-05-2010, 09:52 PM
All I have to say on the matter.........

http://files.myopera.com/%3ESeth/blog/clueness.jpeg

EH7
29-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Congratulations on the 11th Hearts related thread on the 1st page. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Is it true that the gadgie Fedotovas or whatever his name is got confused at the AGM when some Jambo numbskull asked him a question about forty times and all he got in response was "What?"

That'll be 40 watts then

I'll get ma coat

MSK
29-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Congratulations on the 11th Hearts related thread on the 1st page. :thumbsup:Congratulations on making us laugh our tits of at your expense ...keep em coming !!! :faf::faf:

EH7
29-05-2010, 09:57 PM
...keep em coming !!! :faf::faf:

By the look of .net main page, you don't need me for that.:hnet:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Is it true that Scott 'Lets make some noise' Wilson is going to be playing this at the next home match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-RH-vZUiPo&feature=fvst

Removed
29-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Is it true that Scott 'Lets make some noise' Wilson is going to be playing this at the next home match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-RH-vZUiPo&feature=fvst

How on earth did you find that :top marks

An Leargaidh
29-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Travelled back from Carlisle to Glasgow on the Sleeper train from London this morning and got a complimentary copy of The Scotsman.

Big article about the Lithuanian XI aka HomoFC and their AGM. It was sidesplitting stuff. I was laughing so much that the lounge car attendant look quite worried for my sanity :greengrin

Yams article in today's Scotsman (http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-admit-they-still-cannot.6328315.jp)

:Romanov:----"Viskas yra gerai. Absoliučiai baudą. Tikiuosi, mano vadybininkas pasirinkti kiekviena komanda. Jis bus padaryti nauji signings greičiau. Gerėja! [translation: you fuds believe everything I say don't you?]

:vladsheep: :vladsheep: :vladsheep:

1875godsgift
29-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks mate! would you like 50p for the meter?

jgl07
30-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks mate! would you like 50p for the meter?
The last one out of Tynecastle (before they chain the doors) should switch the (40 watt) light off!

Cameron1875
30-05-2010, 03:44 AM
ach its pre season and the yams are in a mess. We have european football and a new stand on the way so if we cant laugh at them now then we never will:wink:. Glory glory:thumbsup:

weecounty hibby
30-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Cheers, not sure you understand though being of lesser intellegence so here goes with an explanation.
There's not much happening with serious football clubs at the moment so most of the news is about the comedy clubs such as yours. So while we get on with building a new stand and preparing for Europe by training at our wholly owned by Hibs training facility, we will laugh as much as we can at your expense, so thanks very much for the comedy gold that is HOMFC.
:lolyam:

Jack
30-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I didn't think you could get 100 watt bulbs anymore?
I wonder how they'll explain that at next years AGM - more conspiracy against the big team, this time by the EU.

Caversham Green
30-05-2010, 08:07 AM

Cheers.

Explained here (post#96)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?181974-Annual-Accounts-Finally-Released&p=2452284&highlight=#post2452284

The bit about authorised share capital may not be relevant - I got a pm reminding me that the 2006 Companies Act has done away with the need for it, but at the moment I'm not sure whether it applies to existing companies or just new ones.

paxtonhibby
30-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Before anyone has any ideas copyright has been applied for:greengrin

Toaods
30-05-2010, 10:09 AM
1. New bulb arrives from the Baltic region

2. Offical YAM bulb exchange

Toaods
30-05-2010, 10:13 AM
and I thought they were slagging us when they sang about all those years in a row...

Phil MaGlass
30-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Yi couldnae make it up, these yams are the most f,n stupid gullible aeseholes in Scotland. Hopefully what they are suffering at the moment is their slow, steady crawl into oblivion its been one hell of a ride so far and they never cease to amaze us, hopefully in around 2 years they will go out with a bang. Theres only a 40 watt light at the end of the tunnel.

Toaods
30-05-2010, 10:28 AM
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/39631_4.jpg

tamig
30-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Explained here (post#96)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?181974-Annual-Accounts-Finally-Released&p=2452284&highlight=#post2452284

The bit about authorised share capital may not be relevant - I got a pm reminding me that the 2006 Companies Act has done away with the need for it, but at the moment I'm not sure whether it applies to existing companies or just new ones.

Thanks for that CG. I just couldn't understand where all these new shares were coming from that were being swapped for the millions of debt. The cake analogy sums it up nicely though. Does it not all result in a severe dilution of each individual's shareholding - other than the major shareholders? These small shareholders holdings must be worth less than pennies now.

Kevvy1875
30-05-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/39631_4.jpg

Jonnyboy
30-05-2010, 08:05 PM

How on earth did you find that :top marks

I used my extensive technical knowledge of all things technical and went onto the Youtube site and typed 'light bulbs' in the search box :faf:

Removed
30-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I used my extensive technical knowledge of all things technical and went onto the Youtube site and typed 'light bulbs' in the search box :faf:

Clever :agree: :greengrin

Didn't think you'd have found it in your collection of 78's :whistle:

Peevemor
30-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't know what the fuss is about - they don't know how lucky they already are.

Jonnyboy
30-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Clever :agree: :greengrin

Didn't think you'd have found it in your collection of 78's :whistle:

78's? Is that those new fangled flat round things?

I'll stick with this thanks

http://www.minidisc.org/musicbox_3.gif

Peevemor
30-05-2010, 09:00 PM
:whistle:

Jonnyboy
30-05-2010, 09:01 PM

:faf: Genius :thumbsup:

Removed
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM

You and Saltire are the men :agree:

New Corrie
30-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Yi couldnae make it up, these yams are the most f,n stupid gullible aeseholes in Scotland. Hopefully what they are suffering at the moment is their slow, steady crawl into oblivion its been one hell of a ride so far and they never cease to amaze us, hopefully in around 2 years they will go out with a bang. Theres only a 40 watt light at the end of the tunnel.

They must be really suffering, continually tonking us when it matters, winning the Scottish Cup, qualifying for Europe, listening to Hibs fans talk about hoofball, pub team and them potentialy going out of business!!!!!!

Removed
30-05-2010, 11:41 PM
They must be really suffering, continually tonking us when it matters, winning the Scottish Cup, qualifying for Europe, listening to Hibs fans talk about hoofball, pub team and them potentialy going out of business!!!!!!

So what scenario do you think will play out at tynie then over the next few years?

EskbankHibby
31-05-2010, 09:40 AM

That will be us not them surely?

Phil MaGlass
31-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Well ah suppose that since the only thing they have had to shout about recently is beating us,that must have made their season,they still ended below us after one of our most poorest runs in my memory, are run by a complete plonker that wouldnt know whit a fitba was if it hit him in the erse,millions in debt, fans that swallow anything they are told without questioning any of it, the teams a joke, a 24hr rolling, tumbling spinning circus. I think the real fans who actually can see what is going on are suffering, nae proven strikers,nae European fitba their closest rivals in Europe, upto their eyeballs in debt, actually telling their fans they will be out of debt in 2yrs,(come on)
lightbulbs, dancing queens, players not being allowed to play cos they havent signed new contracts, players fighting with each other, not getting wages paid, ah mean the list is endless, yes I would say their fans are suffering.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2010, 11:20 AM
That will be us not them surely?

:agree: And Dundee United won the Cup.

In fact I think we've won a Cup more recently than Hearts have.

New Corrie
31-05-2010, 12:17 PM
So what scenario do you think will play out at tynie then over the next few years?

A very different one from that which has been predicted on here throughout Romanov's tenure......nothing bad will happen, just like nothing bad has happened to all the other poorly run teams. Teams go in and out of admin all the time without any adversity when the reality is they should all be out of business. There is no reward for clubs like Hibs who operate within their means, and much that nothing would give me more pleasure than "pretend Rangers" not existing, I fear that along with all the Pompey, Leeds, Soton etc etc nothing bad is going to happen to them.

truehibernian
31-05-2010, 12:41 PM
A very different one from that which has been predicted on here throughout Romanov's tenure......nothing bad will happen, just like nothing bad has happened to all the other poorly run teams. Teams go in and out of admin all the time without any adversity when the reality is they should all be out of business. There is no reward for clubs like Hibs who operate within their means, and much that nothing would give me more pleasure than "pretend Rangers" not existing, I fear that along with all the Pompey, Leeds, Soton etc etc nothing bad is going to happen to them.

I would disagree with that whole comment. What do you define as "reward" ? Is the fact that we are nearly out of debt, have a completed stadium, a fully operational and state of the art training centre/academy, European football, a recent cup victory in a major domestic competition not "reward" enough for all the club's efforts (including the fans) ? Look at Killie, Hamilton, Well, Dundee Utd and Dundee, ICT, Hearts, Rangers .......do you think they would swap positions with us in the football ladder right now ? The rewards for Hibs at present are that we have a superbly structured club which will comply fully with whatever regulations UEFA decide to impose in the future. We are ahead of the game off the field. Admittedly, we need to improve the football, but that will happen. Whilst other clubs around us are treading water (or sinking), we will hopefully always remain competitive at the business end of things due to the work that's gone on these last 10 years. We have done this at the same time as getting to finals, semi finals, remaining in the SPL, qualifying for Europe, and winning a domestic trophy. I am more than happy to be a Hibee at the moment, and am happy to leave other clubs fans to worry about themselves and their clubs. They don't interest me at all. You reap what you sow in all walks of life, and some clubs are beginning to see that that saying is very true.

truehibernian
31-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I would disagree with that whole comment. What do you define as "reward" ? Is the fact that we are nearly out of debt, have a completed stadium, a fully operational and state of the art training centre/academy, European football, a recent cup victory in a major domestic competition not "reward" enough for all the club's efforts (including the fans) ? Look at Killie, Hamilton, Well, Dundee Utd and Dundee, ICT, Hearts, Rangers .......do you think they would swap positions with us in the football ladder right now ? The rewards for Hibs at present are that we have a superbly structured club which will comply fully with whatever regulations UEFA decide to impose in the future. We are ahead of the game off the field. Admittedly, we need to improve the football, but that will happen. Whilst other clubs around us are treading water (or sinking), we will hopefully always remain competitive at the business end of things due to the work that's gone on these last 10 years. We have done this at the same time as getting to finals, semi finals, remaining in the SPL, qualifying for Europe, and winning a domestic trophy. I am more than happy to be a Hibee at the moment, and am happy to leave other clubs fans to worry about themselves and their clubs. They don't interest me at all. You reap what you sow in all walks of life, and some clubs are beginning to see that that saying is very true.

And I would add further that the clubs you mention have all been relegated, been placed into administration, and some will never reach the EPL again. That is their "punishment" for bad housekeeping and bad management.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 12:54 PM

The only suffering going is us having to read your posts. That post pretty much sums you up I reckon!!

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 12:55 PM

You would make a really good yam!!

New Corrie
31-05-2010, 01:01 PM
And I would add further that the clubs you mention have all been relegated, been placed into administration, and some will never reach the EPL again. That is their "punishment" for bad housekeeping and bad management.

It's hardly punishment, is it? Pompey were already going down, yet got to play in a FA Cup Final whilst £130 million in debt! Doesn't seem right! The governing bodies both sides of the border do all they can to soften the blow for poorly run clubs, never any consideration given to all the creditors or to all the other well run clubs. The criteria get's changed all the time and Hearts will be fortuitous to take advantage of the shambolic rules and protection that are in place

dangermouse
31-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Well ah suppose that since the only thing they have had to shout about recently is beating us,that must have made their season,they still ended below us after one of our most poorest runs in my memory, are run by a complete plonker that wouldnt know whit a fitba was if it hit him in the erse,millions in debt, fans that swallow anything they are told without questioning any of it, the teams a joke, a 24hr rolling, tumbling spinning circus. I think the real fans who actually can see what is going on are suffering, nae proven strikers,nae European fitba their closest rivals in Europe, upto their eyeballs in debt, actually telling their fans they will be out of debt in 2yrs,(come on)
lightbulbs, dancing queens, players not being allowed to play cos they havent signed new contracts, players fighting with each other, not getting wages paid, ah mean the list is endless, yes I would say their fans are suffering.

Playing devils advocate here but I don't recall that statement ever being made. It was one of break even in two years time i.e. earn more than you spend at which point they can then start to make inroads into the mountain of debt which should take years to clear unless Vlad comes up with DFE3.

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Playing devils advocate here but I don't recall that statement ever being made. It was one of break even in two years time i.e. earn more than you spend at which point they can then start to make inroads into the mountain of debt which should take years to clear unless Vlad comes up with DFE3.

I think you're right, but shoosh anyway :greengrin

Peevemor
31-05-2010, 01:17 PM

With interest payments alone representing a huge percentage of their turnover, and the possibility of borrowing another £15M for a new main stand, I can't see how they can achieve even this.

dangermouse
31-05-2010, 01:20 PM
With interest payments alone representing a huge percentage of their turnover, and the possibility of borrowing another £15M for a new main stand, I can't see how they can achieve even this.

As long as the :jamboclow beLIEve it could happen who really cares :greengrin

Barney McGrew
31-05-2010, 01:26 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3710698.stm

:wink:

sam armstrong
31-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Hearts won't go into admin as the creditors (who might get saY 20p for every pound) are UBIG. They will find some other way of getting shot of Hearts. Whatever happens, there will be tears

Peevemor
31-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Hearts won't go into admin as the creditors (who might get saY 20p for every pound) are UBIG. They will find some other way of getting shot of Hearts. Whatever happens, there will be tears

Unless it's forced by the tax man.

EskbankHibby
31-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Think your right about the break even thing.

One thing is certain though that if they are to break even within the next 2 years (a fantasy in my opinion) they wont be building a new stand in that time. So that will be at least 7 years in the planning and god knows how much in planning costs.

Removed
31-05-2010, 02:04 PM
This is a true story - I can give you the guys name, mobile and email if anyone wants :devil:

I need some outside power sockets put in so I had an electrician round this afternoon. He wanted to see the fuse box but it was quite dark so I offered to get a torch. "No its ok, I can use my mobile" he says. Out comes this old nokia and when he switched it on it had a yam crest on it.

When he had finished, he said he'd give me a call later with a quote. Keeping as straight a face as I could I said "can you also quote mw for a 100w bulb for the hall. That one is 40w and the missus has been moaning about it"

Priceless. He's gonny get the job so I can rip the pish even more :faf:

MSK
31-05-2010, 02:17 PM
This is a true story - I can give you the guys name, mobile and email if anyone wants :devil:

I need some outside power sockets put in so I had an electrician round this afternoon. He wanted to see the fuse box but it was quite dark so I offered to get a torch. "No its ok, I can use my mobile" he says. Out comes this old nokia and when he switched it on it had a yam crest on it.

When he had finished, he said he'd give me a call later with a quote. Keeping as straight a face as I could I said "can you also quote mw for a 100w bulb for the hall. That one is 40w and the missus has been moaning about it"

Priceless. He's gonny get the job so I can rip the pish even more :faf:Quality ...:thumbsup:

dangermouse
31-05-2010, 02:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3710698.stm

:wink:

:grr: Still waiting though :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Romanov has agreed to take a 20% stake in the club and wants a larger stake.

"My job would be to make sure they don't overspend the money and go over the club's budget, which should be around £10m," he said.

Lithuania-based Romanov, who described Hearts fans as "the best in the world", stated that he wanted to build a new stadium for the club.

I wonder what went wrong Vlad?:confused::greengrin

--------
01-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Romanov has agreed to take a 20% stake in the club and wants a larger stake.

"My job would be to make sure they don't overspend the money and go over the club's budget, which should be around £10m," he said.

Lithuania-based Romanov, who described Hearts fans as "the best in the world", stated that he wanted to build a new stadium for the club.

I wonder what went wrong Vlad?:confused::greengrin

How are Levein and Byshovets getting along these days?

And Lord Foul-kiss?

All well with them? No problems? Still serving the Master? :cool2:

jacomo
01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
How are Levein and Byshovets getting along these days?

And Lord Foul-kiss?

All well with them? No problems? Still serving the Master? :cool2:

Oh, he's right back on board, praising the club for being "on an even keel".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8712159.stm

Assuming he means "spending no more than they earn", is the club not at least 2 years away from being on an even keel?

Sergey
01-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Ive been devoid of internet access for the last week or so and missed their AGmはh
亜m位 am I correct有 イン圧す民gin assuming that nothing has actually been done?  の尾根

No one asked any questions of note? do we have the  money?

Peevemor
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Ive been devoid of internet access for the last week or so and missed their AGmはh
亜m位 am I correct有 イン圧す民gin assuming that nothing has actually been done?  の尾根

No one asked any questions of note? do we have the  money?

:wtf: You been on the saké Sergey? :greengrin

jacomo
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
:wtf: You been on the saké Sergey? :greengrin

Can't believe our leading Yamologist is holed up in a Japanese drinking den and missed the big announcement:

Hearts are looking into replacing a 40w bulb with a 100w bulb.

I'm still recovering from the shock. I mean, what are the implications of this huge announcement? :confused:

dangermouse
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Can't believe our leading Yamologist is holed up in a Japanese drinking den and missed the big announcement:

Hearts are looking into replacing a 40w bulb with a 100w bulb.

I'm still recovering from the shock. I mean, what are the implications of this huge announcement? :confused:

The future's bright :dunno:

Speedway
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Won't this lightbulb change increase the debt further?

As I understand it, no yam has suggested that it should be an energy saving lightbulb so the change will simply increase the club's running costs.

I'm surprised that the board sanctioned this one, being in the state they're in.

--------
02-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Oh, he's right back on board, praising the club for being "on an even keel".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8712159.stm

Assuming he means "spending no more than they earn", is the club not at least 2 years away from being on an even keel?

What a nice man he is.... :sick:

The interviewer there didn't make the situation clear.

"Being on an even keel" means to me that they'll be trading in the black in two years time. That to my mind means spending no more than they earn.

But that doesn't do anything to reduce the debt - the only way to do that is by a share issue, or by making a trading profit, or by selling assets - players, the stadium, the toaster, the light-bulbs, whatever.

And since the debt stands at £35 million and rising, and since that debt effectively places their corporate testicles firmly in the grasp of V Romanov and his financial cronies in Lithuania....

I think as long as Jefferies is in control of the team, they WILL be more stable than hitherto. How long Mr Romanov can be persuaded to keep his grip off Jumbo's gonads, however, is the big question.

Jabba referred to VR as "Dr Jekyll". If I remember that story accurately, the problem with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was that you didn't get the one without the other. And Mr Hyde was, IIRC, a thoroughly nasty piece of work.

Jack
02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
£35m in debt just now, losing about £3 or 4m a year recently.

Even if they break even in a couple of years, reducing the annual loss, they can still expect to be £40m in debt by the time they break even.

That’s assuming the HMRC don’t come knocking again in a hunesque sort of way – were there not rumours about this a few weeks ago?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Yam Fud on JKB - "It looks like Jefferies has been given final say on the starting XI as well as deciding where the team go on a training camp so that's good news".

No, no, no, I think you'll find that this is common practice around prety much every single club in the world. It's not "good news" that the manager has his way, it's absolutely bog-standard ya fud.

What a comedown for Hearts fans, what has Vlad reduced them to? Nothing more than a set of fans who celebrate "standard practice" as ground-breaking innovation.

Removed
02-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Yam Fud on JKB - "It looks like Jefferies has been given final say on the starting XI as well as deciding where the team go on a training camp so that's good news".

No, no, no, I think you'll find that this is common practice around prety much every single club in the world. It's not "good news" that the manager has his way, it's absolutely bog-standard ya fud.

What a comedown for Hearts fans, what has Vlad reduced them to? Nothing more than a set of fans who celebrate "standard practice" as ground-breaking innovation.

:agree: http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/mind-blowing.gif

Why do they always take the bait and swallow it :faf:

:vladsheep: