28-05-2010, 05:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8711129.stm

I can confidently predict he will make an arse of it:faf:

just_joe
28-05-2010, 05:22 PM
The cheap option in my opinion.

seanraff07
28-05-2010, 05:46 PM
He took over a struggling side and outwith the Ross County game he won every game so if he can carry that on to next season then he could be a success.

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2010, 05:49 PM
He took over a struggling side and outwith the Ross County game he won every game so if he can carry that on to next season then he could be a success.

He'll still be a ginger twat though:wink:

seanraff07
28-05-2010, 06:01 PM
He'll still be a ginger twat though:wink:

Without a doubt.:greengrin

Kevvy1875
28-05-2010, 06:28 PM

True, he won 8 games in a row which was better than anything Mowbray had managed. However he did get the rub of the green in a few of those games especialy the 2 games V Hibs.

Still a N00b in managers terms. Could all go Pete Tong within weeks of the new season......as I hope it does!:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
28-05-2010, 06:36 PM
True, he won 8 games in a row which was better than anything Mowbray had managed. However he did get the rub of the green in a few of those games especialy the 2 games V Hibs.

Still a N00b in managers terms. Could all go Pete Tong within weeks of the new season......as I hope it does!:greengrin

Someone told me that 8 wins in a row is better than anyone's ever managed in the SPL before?

I think he'll make an arse off it as well - the good news is they won't get rid off him as quickly so it could be March or April before they turn on him, by then we'll be above them by enough points they won't be able to catch us! :greengrin

Celtic fans at my work seem desperate for this to happen for some reason - they're so devoted to him that he gets all the credit for winning 8 SPL games in a row and the players get all the blame for the loss to Ross County. Great PR work from Lennon. :agree:

Leicester Fan
28-05-2010, 07:03 PM
It'll end in tears.

jdships
28-05-2010, 09:22 PM
It'll end in tears.

My take on it 100% :agree:

seanraff07
29-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Someone told me that 8 wins in a row is better than anyone's ever managed in the SPL before?

I think he'll make an arse off it as well - the good news is they won't get rid off him as quickly so it could be March or April before they turn on him, by then we'll be above them by enough points they won't be able to catch us! :greengrin

Celtic fans at my work seem desperate for this to happen for some reason - they're so devoted to him that he gets all the credit for winning 8 SPL games in a row and the players get all the blame for the loss to Ross County. Great PR work from Lennon. :agree:

I'm sure we went into a game with Celtic once and they had won their last 10 games and only had to beat us to have beaten every SPL team in the same wrong, may be wrong though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 08:43 AM
He fits the main criteria in that he is Sellick minded as has direct link to Ireland. He further backed this up a few games in when he trotted out the referee guff. Will count for nothing though unless they win the league.

Betty Boop
29-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Have I missed something ? I can't see any announcement to say Neil Lennon has got the job.

weecounty hibby
29-05-2010, 09:58 AM
If he does eventually get it it will be purely and simply because he is "Celtic Minded" and cheap. There is no evidence that he will be any good at the job and with a bit of luck he will be a coplete disaster.

Vini1875
29-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't like Lennon or celtc come to that but I suspect he will do a good job there. The huns look like being considerably weaker especially with Boyd gone. It all depends on signings and whether celtc will let him spend much money. As it stands dufc look most likely to take advantage of a weaker OF.

Much depends on our signings and whether Yogi can adapt himself for the season ahead.

Lurgan Hibs
29-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I think its come down to Lennon vs Wally for the title next year. Theres only going to be one winner there, imo.

(((Fergus)))
29-05-2010, 02:33 PM
As long as he stays relatively sane I reckon he will do very well for them. In the last few months he has shown himself to be serious, single-minded, self-critical and honest. Is it a coincidence that Celtic declined after he retired? I think he will keep his players honest too.

God Petrie
29-05-2010, 02:37 PM
The only game Lennon needed to win was against Ross County and he failed.We should go for 2nd because Celtic are guaranteed to be dross.

emmjayfox
30-05-2010, 04:33 PM
i spoke to jackie mac (snr) and ralph callachan one night and Neil Lennon came up in the conversation. Jackie couldnt speak more highly of him as a person.

WindyMiller
30-05-2010, 06:48 PM
'The BBC understands'.

I'll wait for the fishy announcement.

Spike Mandela
08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
:faf::faf:Confirmed tomorrow:faf::faf:

Honestly think this will be a disaster:greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh dear.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh dear.

Exactly he has been mentioning Stokes as a target if he became manager :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Exactly he has been mentioning Stokes as a target if he became manager :boo hoo:

He can mention Stokes all he wants , We have him under contract and will take 'silly' money for Hibs to part with one of our main assetts..

So they can fek right off if he is on there wish lists.

Westie1875
08-06-2010, 06:19 PM

No he hasn't, the tabloids have - don't think you'll dind any quotes from Lennon in any of the articles.

jdships
08-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh dear.

Agree with your sntiment !
While I have no love or respect for Celtic FC this appointment cannot , surely, be a long term success ?
Is it a manager "on the cheap" , are they waitng untill they can get the "right man" who possibly isn't available at this time, or simply a lack of ambition ?
Whatever the answer is the " best supporters in the world" will decide his long term future .

Anyone running a sweep on how long he will last ? :greengrin

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 07:41 PM
No he hasn't, the tabloids have - don't think you'll dind any quotes from Lennon in any of the articles.

Did i say he has made it public :wink:

jamiehibee
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8728818.stm

Confirmation at 11 tomorrrow

Callum_62
09-06-2010, 03:59 AM
"Making up Lennon's trio of coaches, is his former Leicester City team-mate Parker.

The pair played in the Foxes' midfield in the late 1990s, and Parker had a spell as coach there, eventually leaving the club after one game as caretaker boss in 2001.

His appointment at Celtic will mark a return to football after an absence of nine years, during which time he has worked in the building trade.
"
:thumbsup: love it! the celtic fans will be lapping this up...!! :faf:

Jim44
09-06-2010, 08:12 AM

Did i say he has made it public :wink:

Yet another exclusive from the man in the know. You must lead an exciting life rubbing shoulders with all these football cognoscenti. :blah: :greengrin

SalfordHibs
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Yet another exclusive from the man in the know. You must lead an exciting life rubbing shoulders with all these football cognoscenti. :blah: :greengrin

And Burton O'Brien is in every paper this morning signed for Hibs :greengrin

aberhibsfc
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
It's going to make interesting viewing, while things are going well he'll be fine.
But if things take down turn I could see him losing it big time.

One thing in his favour it seems is his commitment to buying British players.
Whilst some may lack in the skills department, they tend to have a bit more dig/fight than foriegn imports.

I still hope he fudds it big time. I cannie stand the wee ginger whining tw@t.

It shows how out of touch the media are when they say that fans always have a go at players they see as a threat. Meaning they felt it was due to his ability as a player etc. Wrong - it's cause he was a dirty, cheating TW@T!!!!!!

PaulSmith
09-06-2010, 11:36 AM
A one year deal, don't even recall reading that it was a one year rolling deal.

M11BMO
09-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Hate Celtic.

Hated Lennon as a player.

Hate him as a manager.

However, I think he will be a success.

MacTheRat
09-06-2010, 12:04 PM
It's going to make interesting viewing, while things are going well he'll be fine.
But if things take down turn I could see him losing it big time.

One thing in his favour it seems is his commitment to buying British players.
Whilst some may lack in the skills department, they tend to have a bit more dig/fight than foriegn imports.

I still hope he fudds it big time. I cannie stand the wee ginger whining tw@t.

It shows how out of touch the media are when they say that fans always have a go at players they see as a threat. Meaning they felt it was due to his ability as a player etc. Wrong - it's cause he was a dirty, cheating TW@T!!!!!!

Say it how it is.

I agree.:thumbsup:

Leicester Fan
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
"Making up Lennon's trio of coaches, is his former Leicester City team-mate Parker.

The pair played in the Foxes' midfield in the late 1990s, and Parker had a spell as coach there, eventually leaving the club after one game as caretaker boss in 2001.

IIrc we lost 5 or 6-1 to Leeds.

Hate Celtic.

Hated Lennon as a player.

Hate him as a manager.

However, I think he will be a success.

I loved Lennon as a player. Can't see him being a success as a manager though.

Spike Mandela
13-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Lennon will mould this team in his own 'narky image and will make them the most disliked team in Scottish football. This guy has no class..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8737496.stm

Jim44
14-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Lennon will mould this team in his own 'narky image and will make them the most disliked team in Scottish football. This guy has no class..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8737496.stm

Exactly. :agree: He was a filthy and nasty character as a player and now that his feet are under the table as a manager, his dark side has appeared. He's started already. In the Scotsman this morning he says he will encourage his players to challenge officials. "I did it myself as a player, not to influence the ref but to let him know we weren't happy." (oh,aye right :rolleyes:). " Any challenges that were a wee bit heavy, there were two or three of us round the player who did it." OK, fair enough, as long as you invite players from other teams to behave in exactly the same manner ............... a recipe for trouble and disaster. I'm not defending bad refereeing and dirty play but to try to tackle the problem with intimidation and heavy handidness is not the solution. I just think this psycho's approach is ridiculous and I hope he gets his come-uppence.

Jack
14-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Exactly. :agree: He was a filthy and nasty character as a player and now that his feet are under the table as a manager, his dark side has appeared. He's started already. In the Scotsman this morning he says he will encourage his players to challenge officials. "I did it myself as a player, not to influence the ref but to let him know we weren't happy." (oh,aye right :rolleyes:). " Any challenges that were a wee bit heavy, there were two or three of us round the player who did it." OK, fair enough, as long as you invite players from other teams to behave in exactly the same manner ............... a recipe for trouble and disaster. I'm not defending bad refereeing and dirty play but to try to tackle the problem with intimidation and heavy handidness is not the solution. I just think this psycho's approach is ridiculous and I hope he gets his come-uppence.

I hope the SFA come out and say such behaviour will not be tolerated and players acting is such a way will automatically get a yellow card.

Woody1985
14-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I hope the SFA come out and say such behaviour will not be tolerated and players acting is such a way will automatically get a yellow card.

Surely that would be victimising the greeting faced little bitches even more?!

hibee4life1983
14-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I hate that nappy arse
Will never forgive him for telling me to "f.off" when he asked for the ball after itd went out for a throw, the thing was I didn't say nowt but a young lad said ur not very good to which he looked at me and telt meeeeee to f.off
Absolute erchie,hope he fails with great aplomb(great word)

Stevie Reid
14-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I thought the first half performance alone against Ross County would've ensured that he didn't get the job but obviously he has secured the position.

I too thought he was a huge risk, and he still is, but Tom English certainly influenced my opinion on the (at the time potential) appointment, with this article: -

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Tom-English-Neil-Lennon-remains.6287980.jp

He was an odious character as a player and will cry no tears if he does fail miserably - but it's far from certain that he will.