PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams signing targets... Sheridan/Morais

M11BMO
28-05-2010, 12:21 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-aim-for-Celtic-striker.6326568.jp

:faf::faf::faf:

Please, oh please sign him!!

And the best bit is they are willing to pay non existant cash for him! :bye:

JimBHibees
28-05-2010, 12:25 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-aim-for-Celtic-striker.6326568.jp

Dont know why you would be laughing at this, he is a decent player and did he not rip Hibs up in the 5-1 game. Him and Kyle would be a decent front line. JJ may be a few things but is a decent judge of a player. Think if he is allowed to do his job Hearts will have a decent season.

poolman
28-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Dont know why you would be laughing at this, he is a decent player and did he not rip Hibs up in the 5-1 game. Him and Kyle would be a decent front line. JJ may be a few things but is a decent judge of a player. Think if he is allowed to do his job Hearts will have a decent season.

Cant say I've seen much of him but he has been punted out on loan quite a bit, and where's the Yams gonna get £300,000 from :confused:

M11BMO
28-05-2010, 12:35 PM

I really don't rate him. He's never done it for me weather it be him coming on for Celtic or when he's played for Motherwell/St Johnstone. I felt the 5-1 match was due to the total lack of physical presence and we could have played all night and been second to every ball. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's never had a good game but it's really not the type of player who I'm worried about them signing. Just my opinion of course.:wink:

I should have really put the :faf: after the bit about them spending money which they don't have. That was the funny bit!

Ryan69
28-05-2010, 12:37 PM
You gotta remember its season ticket time at Gorgie now,so they link with every player possible,with an end result of none!

adriano is a free agent,im surprised they are saying there after him too!:faf:

MountcastleHibs
28-05-2010, 12:44 PM

I've always said we should try and sign him. Think he's a good player. He's quick, strong and completely ripped us apart in the 5-1 games and whenever I've seen him play he's looked good.

Would be a good signing for the yams.

Golden Bear
28-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I've always said we should try and sign him. Think he's a good player. He's quick, strong and completely ripped us apart in the 5-1 games and whenever I've seen him play he's looked good.

Would be a good signing for the yams.

I'd agree with that.

Wembley67
28-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Good player.

Why is it that anyone linked with the Yams is automatically rubbish?? Messi was spotted in Stratties this morning....

hibee92
28-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Good player.

Why is it that anyone linked with the Yams is automatically rubbish?? Messi was spotted in Stratties this morning....

messi? he's p1sh :agree:

since90plustwo
28-05-2010, 01:24 PM
hes similar to nishy with the ability to score goals from outside the 6 yard box :wink:
i think he could do a job for us to be honest

Diclonius
28-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Aren't we looking at him, too?

Hearts Interested in Hibs Signing Target Shock. :rolleyes:

EskbankHibby
28-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Figures that have been quoted are something like £300k for him. There is absa****inlootly no danger the jambos will be spending that sort of money in this or any other trasfer window.

They may stretch to a £20k Ayr United/East Striling/Mallorca u-14's type signing or over extend themselves further in terms of wages to free transfers.

No club owners in their right minds would deal with Hearts in anything that involved a significant fee, that and the fact that they are absolutely potless.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-05-2010, 04:10 PM
He's from the Republic of Ireland is he not?

Therapist and his cohorts will be spitting feathers at this news.

Chillhian Shhheridhan.......

Fuds.

Martin
28-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd be a bit worried about him signing for them because he has ripped us to shreds to two occasions last season.

seanraff07
28-05-2010, 04:54 PM
He's better than what they've got but that doesn't mean he's great by any means.

I think he's amongst the same category as Kyle, he can reach double figures but isn't the type of player to score 20+ goals a season. Any it's a win/win situation for us.. if Hearts sign him they go in more debt, if they don't their still left without a natural striker.

bingo70
28-05-2010, 10:56 PM
He's *****.

story in the news says there are scottish clubs and abroad looking at him, who in scotland could afford £300k? old firm and us and i'm sure if we were to spend that money on a player it wouldn't be someone like him.

basically it's hearts pretending they're going to buy players to sell season tickets again, even if i'm wrong and he does sign for them he wont score any more than 10 league goals for them, if he was any better than that celtic would have persevered with him or he would have got a move to the championship.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 08:21 AM
As I have commented on other postings, if we had £300k to spend on one player, I would be very surprised if that player was a forward.

Baw187
29-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I could imagine the Tims offering him to us as part of a Stokes offer. They'll be defo looking to offload him.

Hibbyradge
29-05-2010, 08:40 AM
"Pondering". More smoke and mirrors from HOMFC.

It ain't going to happen.

cheltenhamhibee
29-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Good player.

Messi !!! not Hibs class :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Good player.

You had better tell the Hibs back 4. They are still looking for him :greengrin

Hibbyradge
29-05-2010, 09:17 AM
A friend of mine who is a football scout tells me that Hearts are trying to sign Morais.

He only signed a one year contract with St Johnstone so will shortly be a free agent.

Ozyhibby
29-05-2010, 09:24 AM
But they already have susan in the ineffective winger role? Great news if true.:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
29-05-2010, 09:24 AM
A friend of mine who is a football scout tells me that Hearts are trying to sign Morais.

He only signed a one year contract with St Johnstone so will shortly be a free agent.

................Ivan Sproule on a unicycle!!:faf::faf:

Spike Mandela
29-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Hmmmm....just thinking, who was the last Hibs reject they signed from St Johnstone????? Whatever happened to him?:wink:

Wheat Hound
29-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh well, give it another few years and he'll be back at er much like said reject.

Altogether now: 'Fillipe Morais is gaaaayyyy'!!!

Lurgan Hibs
29-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh n-n-n-no! Filipe Morais?!?

I'm ****ting myself.

tamig
29-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Oh n-n-n-no! Filipe Morais?!?

I'm ****ting myself.

Morais was very good in spells for St J last season. He's one I think we were a bit keen on letting go too soon. Just the type of player we could do with at the mo imo.

Frazerbob
29-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Morais was totally and utterly gash and I really hope they sign him. Would be even better if they pay him £10K per week!

Diclonius
29-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I can think of another ex-Hibs winger that was totally gash, then went to St Johnstone and then to Hearts where he was a sensation.

Surely no. :rolleyes:

bingo70
29-05-2010, 11:23 AM
he was an absolutely gantin winger with ourselves so i'd be quite happy if he went to hearts if thats the position they wanted him for.

I did wonder though what he would have been like playing in a more central role, remember he scored a good goal, against Killie i think, and i thought then that if he played that role he could be a threat running from midfield as he had a decent dig on him and was quick, he was just absolutely ***** at beating his man and getting a cross in.

Seep
29-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Sheridan would be a decent signing for us I reckon. Can't be any worse than Gonads!:agree:

HibbyAndy
29-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I remember not to long ago when world cup players were genuine signing targets for Hearts, The world was there oyster and every single one of those trumpets believed they were ready to take over the world, To eh, players like Morais :rolleyes: deary ****ing dear.

Hearts are on a downward spiral, And i for one will be the first in the Q to rip the utter shight out them when it all goes pete tong.

Hibernian is the big team in Edinburgh, We are better than them at everything we do, From league placings right threw the board, You name it, We have class, they have no self respect and dignity, tramps the lot of them.

CMac1988
29-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Morais was totally and utterly gash and I really hope they sign him. Would be even better if they pay him £10K per week!

Was **** hot a 5's tho. :agree:

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2010, 12:50 PM
If they get Morias, i really hope they go the whole hogg, and get O'Brien for the other side. I'd probably laugh so much, I'd leak from every orifice. :pray:

heidtheba
29-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry to be miserable here but if they did get Morais I'd bet he'd be even more rubbish than when he was with us...
but I still bet he will get a winner against us. Suso = crap but still scored against us
how they do it beggars belief but they always seem to manage it:bitchy:

Removed
29-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Morais was very good in spells for St J last season. He's one I think we were a bit keen on letting go too soon. Just the type of player we could do with at the mo imo.

:faf:

You certainly know how to do sarcasm :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Morais was a truly awful player that only got signed for us on the basis of having a no bad game when we played them in the semi at Tynie. Reminded me of a cat playing with a ball of wool.

tamig
29-05-2010, 01:17 PM

You certainly know how to do sarcasm :wink:

Let's just wait and see then.

Removed
29-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Let's just wait and see then.

Please tell me you weren't serious

Kevvy1875
29-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Hearts linked Morais?

Sounds about right!

While they are at it they should sign Alan McGregor for goals and wee Airdrie Jambo up front(lets face it, he couldnt do any worse). Graham Rix would obviously be the 'gaffer' .

FJK could then go on a recruiting drive in HMP Peterhead......where he will just happen to be in the Toilet cubicle.

tamig
29-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Please tell me you weren't serious

I've seen him play a few good games for St J. Looked a lot better than he did with us. We were crying out for width last season and I wouldn't have minded him being there. In saying that, Hughes signed Danny G and has never given the boy a real chance. There's a lot worse players than Morais about. Only my opinion like. Don't think he's half as gash as a lot on this thread are making out.

CapitalHibs
29-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Morais was a truly awful player that only got signed for us on the basis of having a no bad game when we played them in the semi at Tynie. Reminded me of a cat playing with a ball of wool.

The most perfect description of Morais - ever!

Violater
29-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I've seen him play a few good games for St J. Looked a lot better than he did with us. We were crying out for width last season and I wouldn't have minded him being there. In saying that, Hughes signed Danny G and has never given the boy a real chance. There's a lot worse players than Morais about. Only my opinion like. Don't think he's half as gash as a lot on this thread are making out.

Agree with that. There is worse players in the spl.

:agree:

The Harp
29-05-2010, 08:04 PM

I think he could be a useful signing for them to be honest ...

I've been told he's highly skilled at changing light bulbs!!! :greengrin

Removed
29-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Agree with that. There is worse players in the spl.

:agree:

:agree: He isn't the worst, but that isn't really the point is it.

We're talking about the Mighty Jam Tarts here. Champions Elect of Europe. Then total world domination whose targets were European & International superstars enticed from the Premiership, La Liga, Budesliga and Serie A to play at The UBIG, the new state of the art theatre of football down Gorgie Way. No more would we be talking about Barca, Bayern, Inter, or Man U, it would be Hearts, Hearts Glorious Hearts. Scottish Cup = diddy cup, SPL pah, no they were to be CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE. No it's true, Vlad said so.

Now it's Morais they are rumoured to be after :faf:

1875godsgift
29-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I think he could be a useful signing for them to be honest ...

I've been told he's highly skilled at changing light bulbs!!! :greengrin
Surely they would be better signing somebody tall to change lightbulbs?
I suppose on their current budget though he's all they can afford.....

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Surely they would be better signing somebody tall to change lightbulbs?
I suppose on their current budget though he's all they can afford.....

maybe thats why rob jones was in edinburgh :greengrin

Gala Foxes
29-05-2010, 11:18 PM
they deserve each other - he is a posing half hearted tos*er

seanraff07
30-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Morais is a heedless chicken.

The only time i remember him playing well for us was the first time he was in action for us against Boro in a pre-season friendly at ER.

An Leargaidh
30-05-2010, 11:32 PM
He's from the Republic of Ireland is he not?

Therapist and his cohorts will be spitting feathers at this news.

Chillhian Shhheridhan.......

Fuds.

I can just picture it, first home game of the season across the city, that annoying guy on the tannoy;

"Yams and Yamettes, please welcome onto the pitch, our new signing, all the way from the green hills of the sweet Isle of Érin, Mr. Cillian O' Shiridean!
And now please all rise to sing 'Amhrán na bFhíann'....." :faf: