PDA

View Full Version : Summer Holiday

HibeeMcGinn1
27-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Where you off to?
Kavos in Corfu for myself plus 8. 5 weeks on Monday :thumbsup:. Anyone been before?

Cheers, HM.

:party:

Hiber-nation
27-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Oban :thumbsup:

And a few islands too :greengrin

Well there's always a first time, all that sun is bad for you....:wink:

Captain Trips
27-05-2010, 09:26 PM
My summer Holiday will be in November, 11 nights in Las Vegas :thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
27-05-2010, 09:28 PM
My summer Holiday will be in November, 11 mights in Las Vegas :thumbsup:

you no sure if your going yet ? :wink:

Captain Trips
27-05-2010, 09:31 PM
you no sure if your going yet ? :wink:

oops :greengrin

PiemanP
28-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Marmaris for 2 weeks on the 23rd June :thumbsup:

Sylar
28-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Riviera Maya, all inclusive 2 weeks at a 6 star resort on the Gulf of Mexico coast.

My future in-laws rock :thumbsup:

Teo10
28-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Puerto Pollensa again with the lads....

3 weeks off work :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8 weeks today I will have started my holiday from work.

8 Weeks 4 Days I will be jetting off for some sun!!!!

Not that I am counting or that excited......:thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
29-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I wll be lazing about on this beach (http://www.a-t-s.net/shared/images/destinations/Olu_Deniz.jpg) for a fortnight at the beginning of July.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MSK
29-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I wll be lazing about on this beach (http://www.a-t-s.net/shared/images/destinations/Olu_Deniz.jpg) for a fortnight at the beginning of July.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Stunning D....i will be up the road from there in Sept ...:thumbsup:

Little Miss Perfect
29-05-2010, 10:48 PM
:

And i'll be up the road from 7th July for a few weeks :thumbsup:

J-C
30-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Nowhere sunny and abraod this year, monies very tight........off to Ireland in July for a long weekend to see some friends, maybe have another weekend or so down south somewhere.

easty
31-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Marmaris for 2 weeks on the 23rd June :thumbsup:

Not to piss on your bonfire but I went there last year, was pretty sh*t. Like a Turkish Blackpool without the fairground. Icemeler is just along the road from it and its much nicer, we spent most of our time along there. Foods much better in Icemeler.

I'm just back from 2 weeks all inclusive in Dominican Republic, nicely tanned and fat now. Was amazing.

MSK
31-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Not to piss on your bonfire but I went there last year, was pretty sh*t. Like a Turkish Blackpool without the fairground. Icemeler is just along the road from it and its much nicer, we spent most of our time along there. Foods much better in Icemeler.

I'm just back from 2 weeks all inclusive in Dominican Republic, nicely tanned and fat now. Was amazing.I wasnt too keen on Marmaris ...neither was i too impressed with Gumbet ...Icmiler is superb (going back for the 3rd time in Sept) & the Dominican is just oot o this world ...:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
31-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Queen Margaret Hospital :boo hoo: Hoping to get away in September, maybe on a cruise.

MSK
31-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Queen Margaret Hospital :boo hoo: Hoping to get away in September, maybe on a cruise.Thats next on our agenda ...:agree:

easty
31-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I wasnt too keen on Marmaris ...neither was i too impressed with Gumbet ...Icmiler is superb (going back for the 3rd time in Sept) & the Dominican is just oot o this world ...:thumbsup:

I'd go back to Icemeler, have you been to the restaurants Love Boat or the Waterfall? I thought they were superb.

MSK
31-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd go back to Icemeler, have you been to the restaurants Love Boat or the Waterfall? I thought they were superb.I havent mate, was in a bar just next to the Love boat last August, certainly looks the biz..may cough up & venture in wi the Wife this time...:thumbsup:

deano6-2
31-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm off to Ibiza on sunday for a week of madness with 12 of the lads! Can't wait!

Ed De Gramo
31-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Nothing planned......other than wherever the Cabbage are going in Europe :notworthy:

Little Miss Perfect
31-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I'd go back to Icemeler, have you been to the restaurants Love Boat or the Waterfall? I thought they were superb.

I've been to both,superb meals. Last year in the Waterfall there were millions of flying ants or something everywhere which kinda put me off though.

Loveboat is nice but i don't like the seating arrangements lol..

PiemanP
01-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Queen Margaret Hospital :boo hoo: Hoping to get away in September, maybe on a cruise.

Thats next on our agenda ...:agree:

You know when you're getting old when u sign up for cruises :wink::greengrin

Speedy
01-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Don't really fancy summer this year so I'm off to Oz for a month :thumbsup:

MSK
01-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Julian Forest apt's in Icmiler just booked ..going for a week on 20th August ...anyone stayed in that place before ..reviews are certainly impressive ...:thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Going to Fethiye. Has anyone been there got any tips on places to go or avoid?

stevie-bee
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
And i'll be up the road from 7th July for a few weeks :thumbsup:

and so will i

stevie-bee
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Going to Fethiye. Has anyone been there got any tips on places to go or avoid?

Is it fethiye or hisaranu/olu deniz,been about that area a few times,fethiye is more of a turkish town alot of turks go there for there holidays,hisaranu is 10/15mins away in a taxi good pubs etc.olu deniz is another 10 mins further on.

stevensons-fan
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
2 weeks today ill be in Playas de las Americas with the boyfriend! :greengrin

Big_D
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Going to Side (Turkey ) 3 weeks today , fantastic place i'd highly recommend.
Yous Icmeler visitors should visit The Champagne bar , Yurda is a bit of a Hibby (his wife's from Leith)

MSK
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Going to Side (Turkey ) 3 weeks today , fantastic place i'd highly recommend.
Yous Icmeler visitors should visit The Champagne bar , Yurda is a bit of a Hibby (his wife's from Leith)Might just do that ...:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
A week in Barcelona for me. Then a week walking the West Highland way for the 4th time. Then a trip to London for World Cup Final weekend.

Can't wait.

LamontHFC©
02-06-2010, 07:15 PM
A week in Barcelona for me. Then a week walking the West Highland way for the 4th time. Then a trip to London for World Cup Final weekend.

Can't wait.

Hopefully England won't be involved then. :cool2:

Pretty Boy
02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Hopefully England won't be involved then. :cool2:

Heres hoping.

I actually don't mind England doing fairly well but being surrounded by a bunch of pissed Danny Dyer types watching England in the World Cup Final would probably be too much for me.

Killiehibbie
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Is it fethiye or hisaranu/olu deniz,been about that area a few times,fethiye is more of a turkish town alot of turks go there for there holidays,hisaranu is 10/15mins away in a taxi good pubs etc.olu deniz is another 10 mins further on.

I'm that good I couldn't even get the name of the place right. It's Sagrieme we're going to, tickets came in today. Fethiye was the other place I considered booking.

12AlbionPlace
03-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Julian Forest apt's in Icmiler just booked ..going for a week on 20th August ...anyone stayed in that place before ..reviews are certainly impressive ...:thumbsup:

We stayed at it's sister location, Club Julian in Marmaris in October which was very nice at that time of the year, not sure I would agree in the high season.!!

Anyway, we saw the brochures for Julian Forest appt's and also spoke to people who had good things to say about them, I'm quite keen to give a go sometime.

Give us a review when you get back:thumbsup:

MSK
03-06-2010, 03:26 PM
We stayed at it's sister location, Club Julian in Marmaris in October which was very nice at that time of the year, not sure I would agree in the high season.!!

Anyway, we saw the brochures for Julian Forest appt's and also spoke to people who had good things to say about them, I'm quite keen to give a go sometime.

Give us a review when you get back:thumbsup:The one thing that almost put me off was that just about every review mentioned wasps ....lots of them :paranoid:...because the apts are situated on the edge of a forest ...im scared ****less of wasps & bee's & anything that resembles a wasp or a bee ...or a mosquito...or a cockroach ..or a flying cockroach..or ants ..or those dragon fly things...basically any creepy crawly !!!!...:greengrin

Anyway..ive been reliably informed that the forest gets sprayed every day/night & that keeps the little ****ers at bay ...good enough for me ...i will def let you know how we get on ..no probs ..:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
03-06-2010, 04:04 PM
The one thing that almost put me off was that just about every review mentioned wasps ....lots of them :paranoid:...because the apts are situated on the edge of a forest ...im scared ****less of wasps & bee's & anything that resembles a wasp or a bee ...or a mosquito...or a cockroach ..or a flying cockroach..or ants ..or those dragon fly things...basically any creepy crawly !!!!...:greengrin

Anyway..ive been reliably informed that the forest gets sprayed every day/night & that keeps the little ****ers at bay ...good enough for me ...i will def let you know how we get on ..no probs ..:thumbsup:

What a big wimp!!

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm off to Wimbledon for the second year in a row and I am away for a week so I'll probably be going into London for a day or two.

I leave in just over two weeks' time.

I'll be down there when England play Slovenia in their final group game, so hopefully they'll already be out by then. :pray:

If they do qualify from their group, I'll still be there for their last 16 match, possibly against Germany. :thumbsup:

MSK
03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
What a big wimp!!

:greengrinWell.....:embarrass...just dont want a beastie climbing doon ma speedo's & stinging my twanger !!!!.....:rolleyes:....:greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Well.....:embarrass...just dont want a beastie climbing doon ma speedo's & stinging my twanger !!!!.....:rolleyes:....:greengrin

Suppose its better than the mrs cutting it off and ramming it down your throat

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Little Miss Perfect
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Kenny you'll be fine, the wee truck goes round spraying the whole resort morning and night,although i think that's mainly for the mosquitos not sure about the wasps,bees, big waspy bee type things,flying ants etc lol :thumbsup:

You could always take a tin of Raid or whatever to skoosh the wasps?

I've only ever seen 1 cockroach in Turkey, Lanzarote on the other hand :grr: was yewwwwww crawling wth them,i would never go back. :bitchy:

hibsboy90
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Leave on tuesday for a week in the dominican republic with the boys. Can't wait :thumbsup:

KdyHby
03-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Lare July /early Aug waiting to see who Hibs get in Europe. September, off to Zaragoza, including going to Alcaniz for the Moto GP

Mikey
03-06-2010, 09:36 PM
My summer Holiday will be in November, 11 nights in Las Vegas :thumbsup:

Are you staying at the Signature again? We're using the same people we booked with last time. It's a private condo owner.

Bayern Bru
03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Boston and Cape Cod for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July. And wherever the Hibs have to travel to (hopefully!)

MSK
03-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Leave on tuesday for a week in the dominican republic with the boys. Can't wait :thumbsup:You will have a fantastic time ...im envious ...:thumbsup:

Allant1981
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Boston and Cape Cod for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July. And wherever the Hibs have to travel to (hopefully!)

I have relatives stay in cape cod, have you been before?

Bayern Bru
04-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I have relatives stay in cape cod, have you been before?

Yeah, two or three times. We tend to stay in Chatham but we stayed in Falmouth the first time. Whereabouts are your relatives?