PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance...

MrRobot
27-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Alright.

Was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on where to get cheap insurance, cars to buy for cheap insurance etc ?

Cheers.

JE89
27-05-2010, 07:31 PM
As a 19 year old male you will be screwed over. I've been driving on/off for over three years and have never had an accident where I was culpable or got a speeding ticket etc. Yet, insurance companies look at me as likely to cause an accident because of my age and sex - which is complete discrimination. I drive my parents car (sometimes) and its a Vauxhall Meriva, 1.4 and my insurance is over £35 per week. Disgraceful. My sister, who is the same age is a lot cheaper.

Thankfully I'm 21 in a fortnight and my insurance will go down.

Jack
28-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Compare the Meercat dot com is a good place to start.

PiemanP
28-05-2010, 07:23 AM
I was £1,200 on a 1.4 rover - this is 3rd party!

Save the 1200 and buy yourself a shiney new motor in a couple of years time :cool2:

If you are gettinga car, all the 1litre vauxhall corsas are insurance group 1.

MrRobot
01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I got myself a Peugot 106, 1.2.

Now for the actual insurance, I'm thinking of using that Coverbox. It's basically where you pay for the miles you use. It's the cheapest premium I am getting. The others are about £130+ whereas this is around £80-£90 and they can put it up or down with how many miles you actually use; kind of like a utility bill.

Anybody used this before, any more pro's or any cons of this ? Don't wanna get into something that is dodgy, it sounds really good but any experience with such a thing would be good.

Either that or a one off payment to Elephant gets me 10months boost accelerator insurance which means I get a years no claims after 10 months, but only get that price on a lump sum.

Last thing. I live in Leith but I class home as Dunbar. Am I able to put Dunbar as the vehicle address ? I'm putting the excess up as I don't plan on claiming on the car; just buy a new one should anything happen. Is it possibly or is that not allowed ?

Cheers guys.