PDA

View Full Version : Fletch to Wolves for £6.5m (merged)

Winston Ingram
27-05-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6174551,00.html

Hope we have a sell on:greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
27-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Should be great news for both Scotland and Hibs if true.

Need players like him playing at his potential level, no disrespect to the championship..

And hopefully Hibs will recieve a reasonably good fee out of that deal!

Westie1875
27-05-2010, 10:59 AM
20% on any profit has been mentioned.

Winston Ingram
27-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I saw him in the Airport on Thursday wi Whitty. I cannae imagine he'll be doing much negotiating while he's on holliday

seanraff07
27-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm sure i heard about 25%, hopefully that's true.

Allant1981
27-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I saw him in the Airport on Thursday wi Whitty. I cannae imagine he'll be doing much negotiating while he's on holliday

thats why he will prob have an agent

hibsboy90
27-05-2010, 11:08 AM

On the way to whittaker's stag weekend.....

mjhibby
27-05-2010, 11:16 AM

From the quotes in a few of the papers it looks like it is between 20 and 25% meaning we get around £1m from the deal.Just goes to show what a job rod petrie is doing.With bambas fee likely to net hibs around £2m(pars will get around £500,000 from sell on clause)that will be the stand just about paid for a leave yogi plenty room for manouvre starting from monday coming.Dont be surprised if there isnt at least one big transfer in the offing.

poolman
27-05-2010, 11:21 AM
From the quotes in a few of the papers it looks like it is between 20 and 25% meaning we get around £1m from the deal.Just goes to show what a job rod petrie is doing.With bambas fee likely to net hibs around £2m(pars will get around £500,000 from sell on clause)that will be the stand just about paid for a leave yogi plenty room for manouvre starting from monday coming.Dont be surprised if there isnt at least one big transfer in the offing.

:agree: All hail the Tache :notworthy:

Jack
27-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Steven Fletcher joined Hibs when he was 13 and the Club spent around 9 years nurturing his football talent. :applause:

Burnley paid £3m for him. :greengrin

Steven Fletcher joined Burnley when he was 22 and the club spent around 9 months nurturing his football talent! :cool2:

Burnley get £7.5m for him :rolleyes:

Even allowing for us getting a sell on fee that a bit tight, I feel like we’ve been done! :grr:

Anyway, well done Fletch. Your 5% or 10% of these fees over the last year have probably set you up rather nicely. In 9 or so years time Hibs.net will be bursting with ‘Fletchers on his way back to Hibs’ threads, ‘he’s made his money and wants to come home!!!’ :devil:

Winston Ingram
27-05-2010, 11:46 AM
The only thing i would worry about is the player exchange part. All they need to do is say that Iwelumo and Hennesy's fee is £1 per player and the cash part of the Transfer is £3.5m meaning that we'd get 20% of £2:grr:

Stevie Reid
27-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Surprised Coyle hasn't tried to take him to Bolton actually

Vini1875
27-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Steven Fletcher joined Hibs when he was 13 and the Club spent around 9 years nurturing his football talent. :applause:

Burnley paid £3m for him. :greengrin

Steven Fletcher joined Burnley when he was 22 and the club spent around 9 months nurturing his football talent! :cool2:

Burnley get £7.5m for him :rolleyes:

Even allowing for us getting a sell on fee that a bit tight, I feel like we’ve been done! :grr:

Anyway, well done Fletch. Your 5% or 10% of these fees over the last year have probably set you up rather nicely. In 9 or so years time Hibs.net will be bursting with ‘Fletchers on his way back to Hibs’ threads, ‘he’s made his money and wants to come home!!!’ :devil:

But in the 9 months Burnley had him I bet they paid out more in wages to him than we did in 9 years.
If you take the £7.5M and subtract his wages, then the amount paid to Hibs, then the sell on to Hibs, then Burnley can only be making around £2M, while Hibs make in the region of £4.5M, £4M if you subtract the wages we paid to him. Only my guesstimates right enough.

M11BMO
27-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Great news for Hibs... A Cracking bit of business by Mr Petrie (Once again!):agree:

Fingers crossed for Wolves next year...

weonlywon6-2
27-05-2010, 12:14 PM

if true,good news for fletch and good news for hibs :thumbsup:

Mikey
27-05-2010, 12:29 PM
20% on any profit has been mentioned.

I've asked Scott Lindsay about this in the past and got the standard answer that the club doesn't comment on transfers. If there is, and it's big enough, it'll show in the accounts :wink:

I'd be very surprised if we didn't arrange a sell on clause with Burnley.

Isaac_Refvik
27-05-2010, 12:31 PM
The only thing i would worry about is the player exchange part. All they need to do is say that Iwelumo and Hennesy's fee is £1 per player and the cash part of the Transfer is £3.5m meaning that we'd get 20% of £2:grr:

Doesn't mention the deals are linked though.

PaulSmith
27-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I've asked Scott Lindsay about this in the past and got the standard answer that the club doesn't comment on transfers. If there is, and it's big enough, it'll show in the accounts :wink:

I'd be very surprised if we didn't arrange a sell on clause with Burnley.

Mikey, can't remember if this is right or not but I'm sure SL or RP did confirm at the last AGM that there could be factors that would see Hibs get more cash for Fletcher in the next financial years accounts

Brooster
27-05-2010, 12:43 PM
The Daily Mail reported yesterday that Hibs would receive £1m if Fletcher was sold for £7m.

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 01:11 PM
The Daily Mail reported yesterday that Hibs would receive £1m if Fletcher was sold for £7m.

So looks like 15%.

DC_Hibs
27-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Doubt very much that Wolves will be paying the whole £7.5m up front...but regardless it looks like more poppy for us and commonsense again from the board.

Hopefully they work their magic when negotiating Bamba's sale - a good world cup from him is a must as well though

"a deal worth £7.5m"

Mikey
27-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Mikey, can't remember if this is right or not but I'm sure SL or RP did confirm at the last AGM that there could be factors that would see Hibs get more cash for Fletcher in the next financial years accounts

There was money still due from the original deal still to come in but it was already shown in the accounts. There's a thread on the PM board somewhere about it I think. I'll see if I can find it.

What I should have added above is that Hibs do have some additional clauses but he wouldn't say what. I guess these could have been avoiding relegation, how far they got in the FA Cup, sell on clause, etc. He wasn't confirming anything though. Blood from a stone is easier :greengrin

Mikey
27-05-2010, 01:39 PM
There's a thread on the PM board somewhere about it I think. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it. I've bumped it up on the PM board.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Surprised Coyle hasn't tried to take him to Bolton actually

BWFC are a bit unwilling to be forking out for players at the minute it seems after the Elmander disaster.

mjhibby
27-05-2010, 05:12 PM
There was money still due from the original deal still to come in but it was already shown in the accounts. There's a thread on the PM board somewhere about it I think. I'll see if I can find it.

What I should have added above is that Hibs do have some additional clauses but he wouldn't say what. I guess these could have been avoiding relegation, how far they got in the FA Cup, sell on clause, etc. He wasn't confirming anything though. Blood from a stone is easier :greengrin

Yep the tache stated there was still a considerable sum to come in the accounts for last season.I believe there was also money due from the jones transfer and presumably as they avioded relegation hibs will get yet another sum.The fletcher money sounded like the balance of the actual transfer fee which im led to believe was a good part of the fee.We will find out how much exactly when the accounts come out but will really help soften the blow in the loss of setanta money,one which has hit all clubs.If,as it seems,the tache has also negotiated a sell on fee worth around £1m that truly is a superb deal for hibs.Yes burnley get a return on their investment but for hibs to get over £4m after the scott brown deal is great business.
With bambas transfer being very likely for months and also club chasing fletcher for a while the timing on the new stand isnt so surprising after all.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2010, 05:15 PM
There's noah woy Sta-vin Fletchir will bay going-gi to Wol-vir-amp-tin.

Danderhall Hibs
27-05-2010, 06:48 PM
There's noah woy Sta-vin Fletchir will bay going-gi to Wol-vir-amp-tin.

Is that an Irish accent? :greengrin

I thought Fletcher would do a bit better for himself after proving himself last season TBH - all he'd be doing is signing up for another relegation battle.

I thought he might move to a mid-table club, like Birmingham, Blackburn, Fulham or even West Ham.

Mibbes Aye
27-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Is that an Irish accent? :greengrin

I thought Fletcher would do a bit better for himself after proving himself last season TBH - all he'd be doing is signing up for another relegation battle.

I thought he might move to a mid-table club, like Birmingham, Blackburn, Fulham or even West Ham.

:agree: I think Fletcher would be capable of progressing further, and an ostensibly more secure Premiership club than Wolves should be in his sights. I was expecting to see him move a definite step upwards, in one sense or another.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be expected to prove himself over a couple of seasons with likely relegation candidates before a 'bigger' club took a chance on him. He settled very well at Burnley in his first season in England but that's still a gamble for any Premiership manager at a middling club, where the pressure to stay clear of the relegation mire must be immense.

Silver Fox
27-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't think he let himself down in his first season in Premiership, showing his talents on a few occasions and provin some doubters wrong in the process, he's obviously caught McCarthy's eye, amongst others.

I'm happy to see him do well down there and always pleased when our departing don't take the, previously well tread, sticky slope to Rantic, also delighted if it nets Hibs a few bob in to the bargain, all good. (IMO) :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
27-05-2010, 08:53 PM
So looks like 15%.

I would disagree there Jim.

Generally its a percentage on profit so your 15% I guess is simply a proportion of the fee.

I think it may be 25%, 4 mil profit of which we get 1 mil. Hopefully

Wilbur
27-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I reckon he should be setting his sights higher than a team like Wolves, no disrespect to them but after a decent season with Burnley Fletcher should be looking to move to an established Premiership team. Unless he is thinking just another stepping stone? :cool2:

Gatecrasher
28-05-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7138704.ece

Wolves, having retained their Barclays Premier League status as Burnley were relegated, have been among the clubs pursuing Fletcher since the end of the season. The 23-year-old striker, who scored 12 times for Burnley last season, is set to resume talks over a possible £3million move to Molineux when he returns from holiday next week.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2010, 03:04 PM

When you look at Iwelumo's miss against the Trolls at Hampden, then maybes £1 is not so far off the mark?

seanraff07
28-05-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7138704.ece

Nah he went for that amount when he left us and after having a successful season for a struggling team in the Prem you aren't going to go for the same price.

erin go bragh
28-05-2010, 06:27 PM

750.000 to us if he goes for 7.5m
birmingham have had a 7.5m bid exepted:agree:
rod da man

Cocaine&Caviar
02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Iwelumo has signed for Burnley on a two year deal, and theyve also agreed a fee with Sheff Utd for Billy Sharp. Leaving them with a lot of strikers, and a big championship wage budget, Fletcher's gotta go now...

Pretty Boy
02-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Whats the bet that when the next Scotland team is named a £7.5M premiership player is left on the bench in favour of Kenny ****ing Miller?

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Whats the bet that when the next Scotland team is named a £7.5M premiership player is left on the bench in favour of Kenny ****ing Miller?

Very likely, then soon it will be John Fleck that's next in line.:faf:

Pretty Boy
02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Very likely, then soon it will be John Fleck that's next in line.:faf:

What ever happened to Fleck being 'unleashed' against Holland in Amsterdam?

Scotlands Wayne Rooney i believe was how The Sun referred to him.

:rotflmao:

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 03:56 PM
What ever happened to Fleck being 'unleashed' against Holland in Amsterdam?

Scotlands Wayne Rooney i believe was how The Sun referred to him.

:rotflmao:

Yep The Sun definitely did refer to him as that.

Man he's really lived up to that reputation so far, with one SPL goal so far and it was a penalty, you can see that he's got tons of potential as he's already shown. I think he could take Scotland onto bigger things single handedly he's that good, what an exciting young prospect.:hyper:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
What more hair on his chin than his head?

Still only 23...!

EskbankHibby
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
If Fletch ends up at Wolves i hope he boots Christophe "salmon" Berra in the baws in the 1st training session.

Diclonius
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Tha's cuz wee Kenny works awfy hard an' aw that an' workin' hard wins gaimes, no' goals, ken by the way.

Last Minute
02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Just on stv sport Fletch to Wolves for £8million:thumbsup:

Rodders will be getting his calculator out :greengrin

SloopJB
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Thought they reported that they understood he was the subject of bid around £8m?

If's, but's, mibbe's. definately no definite

iwasthere1972
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM

:thumbsup: Sky Sports News understands that Rod is dee man. :cool2:

Ca-ching ca-ching

:singing: Are you watching Jambo ****
Are you watching Jambo ****. :singing:

Ireallywasthere
02-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Really pleased for Fletch, he probably left ER at the right time, and has surpassed my expectations of him in the premiership. Should be earing big money now. Just a pity he is now a teammate of the diving trout
Can't help thinking that Scott Brown should have gone south. He has stagnated with the dark side

Captain Trips
02-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Does show that when we sell a player to the prem he was indeed able to mix it with a lot of other strikers who go for more money.

In future Hibs can use this example when an EPL team come calling so Hibs get the £8m next time.

Hibees66
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
:thumbsup: Sky Sports News understands that Rod is dee man. :cool2:

Ca-ching ca-ching

:singing: Are you watching Jambo ****
Are you watching Jambo ****. :singing:

What have Hearts got to do with a ex-Hibs player doing well down south. :confused:

Good to see him down well down there.

erin go bragh
02-06-2010, 06:52 PM

25% of anything above 2.8m
8m would give us almost 1.3m:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2010, 06:55 PM
What have Hearts got to do with a ex-Hibs player doing well down south. :confused:

Nothing.

No Hearts players do well down south. :greengrin

steviecarnie
02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Nothing.

Thats technically not true. but carry on

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Nothing.

Koff..Dave Mackay... koff.

essexhibee
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Great news!!

Fletcher in a very poor team has played very well, and more importantly scored a fair few goals. He's poaching skills have been evident with a few tap-ins and this is exactly what is needed of a premiership striker, as well as some great efforts he's scored. The work rate of the man is phenomenal, from the games I've watched on Sky he has run his absolute nuts off, chasing often lost causes and being isolated half the time. Its easy to see what a massive improvement Fletch has made since heading to the Premiership, and it can only be good news that he is heading back to the top league in the world in terms of the national team and scottish football. Lets hope that Levein actually plays him from the start, and doesn't play Kenny ****ing Miller or I will go mental!! :grr: We are a team with limited quality and all those playing in the premiership should always be first picks, for the fact they are playing at the highest level.

Brilliant news for the lad and good for scottish football. Rod petrie take a bow for the millionth time your business skills bring yet more income!! RP you are a green and white God :thumbsup:

johnbc70
02-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Great news of Fletcher and great news for Hibs.

Not only do we (hopefully) get a % of that fee what a great example to sell to young prospects about coming to Hibs. Come to Hibs, work hard, get your chance in the first team, play well and then when the right offer comes in we will let you move on for big money. The club earns a big fee and the player more than likely goes on to play at a higher level and becomes a millionaire to boot, which I am guessing a certain Steven Fletcher will now be.

Would be good to get some official confirmation about the sell on clause (if there is indeed one)

EH6 Hibby
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Why are all your posts related to the yams? :bye:

seanraff07
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM

I take it you were wound up by that?:boo hoo:

Maybe cause i can't recall a time when a Hearts player moved down South to a struggling EPL team and got sold the next season for £8m.:wink:

CapitalHibs
02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
8 million for Fletch?:cool2: Then the tache should start the bidding at 4million for Bamba:greengrin

easty
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Great for Fletch that he's going to be playing in the EPL again next season, there were rumours going about a few weeks back that Coyle wanted to sign him for Bolton and I think that would have been a better move for him. I think Bolton will continue to be a steady team in the Premiership, I dont so much expect Wolves to be there for too long. I also think Fletcher would have became a much better player playing alongside Kevin Davies.

Still he'll be playing in the Premiership so it's better than being at Burnley I suppose. Good luck Fletch.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Absolutely nothing I suppose except they may be just a wee bit jealous that due to Rodders putting his "Businessman of the Century" award to good use Hibs will have more money in the kitty. Whereas the Yams are currently hoping to carry a motion forward to spend big on half a dozen lightbulbs in time for the new season ahead.

Well done Fletch. Top man. :agree:

NOLA
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
the most expensive scottish striker ever! ( even if he is english ):wink: well done to Fletch! how much would he have cost if he had a right foot:cool2:

H18sry
03-06-2010, 08:50 AM
From BBC gossip page :thumbsup:

Hibernian could benefit by as much as £1m if Steven Fletcher moves to Wolves from Burnley due to a sell-on clause. (Daily Record)

givescotlandfreedom
03-06-2010, 09:44 AM

Hibernian could benefit by as much as £1m if Steven Fletcher moves to Wolves from Burnley due to a sell-on clause. (Daily Record)

If they say 1 million it'll probably be at least 2 then :cool2: Hope all the journalists trying to whore him to the OF are spewing now! Well done Rod Petrie!

IWasThere2016
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM

It is mooted to be 20% on any profit.

So, someone at the Record can count :dizzy:

£8m - £3m = £5m @ 20% = £1m

Col2
03-06-2010, 11:29 AM
It is mooted to be 20% on any profit.

So, someone at the Record can count :dizzy:

£8m - £3m = £5m @ 20% = £1m

Evening News are saying closer to £500k, sounds like Rod has been on the phone and told them
to play it down thus avoiding hiking up of incoming player prices.:greengrin

Captain Trips
03-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Wolves looking to complete on this deal tomorrow according to SSN.

Hibby Bairn
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Done. 4 year contract. £6.5m. SSN.

Gus
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
:thumbsup: good move for Fletch

Rod is waiting on the bacs transfer

iwasthere1972
03-06-2010, 07:16 PM
:thumbsup: good move for Fletch

Rod is waiting on the bacs transfer

Will that be £750K? How much will Rod have to transfer to Dunfermline?

Good bit of business. :thumbsup:

Lofarl
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
For fletcher nothing. For Bamba 20%

iwasthere1972
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
For fletcher nothing. For Bamba 20%

:doh: I'm jumping the gun. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
03-06-2010, 08:17 PM
He's gone

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/Home/

essexhibee
03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know how much money roughly hibs will make this from sale?

Great news for Fletcher happy for the guy!! :thumbsup:

blairwallace
03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
so does that make him the biggest amount we've received for a player in total?
brown was £4.4m and fletcher was £3.5m so adding on the potential £1m?

The Silver Fox
03-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Signed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/8719151.stm

3pm
03-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Least he want have to wear that *****y Hertz-esque strip anymore.

Banter
03-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Good luck to the guy and a great bit of business for Burnley and the Tasche.

Still dont get what the fuss is about to be honest though. No right foot, scoring record of less than 1 goal every 3 games and hates a one on one:wink:

down-the-slope
03-06-2010, 09:26 PM
glad he is still going to be in EPL ....but for how long? would have thought there were better options?

Still Wolves looked OK at points but there scoring record was rubbish so he might be the difference

TRC
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
when did he get all the tats? :confused:

jakedance
03-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Congratulations to the lad. I've criticised him in the past but he had a good season last year, of what I saw, and its a good move for him. I'm happy to be proved wrong about him. I hope he continues to improve.

Ozyhibby
04-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Only £6.5m? Nice cosy transfer agreement with iwelumo moving in the other direction for undisclosed fee? i think they may be trying to screw the tache out of some dosh here.

Captain Trips
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Only £6.5m? Nice cosy transfer agreement with iwelumo moving in the other direction for undisclosed fee? i think they may be trying to screw the tache out of some dosh here.

I think that is a very likely scenario unfortunatley.

frazeHFC
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM

Definately, never thought of that.

Hank Schrader
04-06-2010, 11:17 AM

I doubt that Iwelumo going in the other direction should affect any profit based sell on clause Hibs may have in place. If the total of the deal is £7.5m and Iwelumo being part of the deal reduces the fee to £6.5m then Fletchers worth is still £7.5m and any profit should be worked out on that figure.

Its like buying a car for £10,000 and trading in one worth £1,000, your new car is still worth £10K.

Thats the way I see it anyway and I don't think RP would get screwed over like that.

rubber mal
04-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I doubt that Iwelumo going in the other direction should affect any profit based sell on clause Hibs may have in place. If the total of the deal is £7.5m and Iwelumo being part of the deal reduces the fee to £6.5m then Fletchers worth is still £7.5m and any profit should be worked out on that figure.

Its like buying a car for £10,000 and trading in one worth £1,000, your new car is still worth £10K.

Thats the way I see it anyway and I don't think RP would get screwed over like that.

:agree: Some people might, but the Tache wouldn't.