PDA

View Full Version : Just watched to 07 DVD for the first time...

Banter
26-05-2010, 11:26 PM
In the words of Joni Mitchell "don't it all seam to go that you dont know what you've got till its gone". This song, Big Yellow Taxi was later covered by the Counting Crows feat. Vannesa Carlton, the version I just happened to have heard this morning. But I digress..

I had honestlly never realised how good a team I was watching back then. Brown, Sproule, Whittaker, Thomson, Zemmama, Beuzeulin, Killen all in the same team. I mean that Derby:greengrin.

Kind of cant help but feel we still under achieved that season though, I truly believe we would have had a real good chance against an average Selllik' side if we had just made it through to the final. Then at the end of the season the team was dismantled.:boo hoo:

Oh and this boy playing we are rumoured to be signing from Killie - Nish - looks like a big huddy. Wouldn'y bother:devil:

hibee92
26-05-2010, 11:40 PM
In the words of Vannesa Carlton "don't it all seam to be that you dont know what you've got till its gone".

I had honestlly never realised how good a team I was watching back then. Brown, Sproule, Whittaker, Thomson, Zemmama, Beuzeulin, Killen all in the same team. I mean that Derby:greengrin.

Kind of cant help but feel we still under achieved that season though, I truly believe we would have had a real good chance against an average Selllik' side if we had just made it through to the final. Then at the end of the season the team was dismantled.:boo hoo:

Oh and this boy playing we are rumoured to be signing from Killie - Nish - looks like a big huddy. Wouldn'y bother:devil:

same here mate, think we should take a look at Coventry's striker, big Kevin Kyle, could be worth a pop seeing that he's out of favour :wink:

also, anyone seen his wikipedia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kyle

"Has just signed a 3year deal with Heart of Midlothian.He will partner Rafael Coelho up front next season" joke? :confused:

hibsboy90
27-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Saying that, my housemate found an old teamsheet in an old wallet this evening for a Hibs match in 2006. This one (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=491865).

I would love to see that team together once again :boo hoo:

rainman
27-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Saying that, my housemate found an old teamsheet in an old wallet this evening for a Hibs match in 2006. This one (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=491865).

Wow!

It's a shame they hadn't developed into the players they are now.

And Brown in goals? Talk about the weak link!

Other than that, that's some team! People speak about Mowbray inheriting some great youngsters but his signings complimented that team perfectly. Hogg, Jones, Murphy, Shiels, Sproule, Stewart, Killen, Benji. Add Boozy and Zemmama to that list.

Iain G
27-05-2010, 04:36 AM
In the words of Vannesa Carlton "don't it all seam to be that you dont know what you've got till its gone".

Bloody hell mate, at least pick the Joni Mitchell original if you are going to quote it, not Vanessa Carlton who vaguely appearing on what was the Counting Crows cover version!! :grr:

mjhibby
27-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Bloody hell mate, at least pick the Joni Mitchell original if you are going to quote it, not Vanessa Carlton who vaguely appearing on what was the Counting Crows cover version!! :grr:

No
wonder this country has gone to the dogs when youngsters havent heard the original by joni mitchell.Thank god my kids will learn of her and steve miller,boz scaggs,graham parker and billy joel.Mind you i do feel sorry for the kids when its obvious that cover versions of 70/80s songs are by far the best things in the charts so is suppose its a compliment in a way.

Holmesdale Hibs
27-05-2010, 10:11 AM
This one[/URL].

It is a good team but I'd say only half - Scott Brown,Thompson, Murphy, Jones, Whittaker and Fletcher would be guaranteed first picks just now. Even then Whittaker vs Murray and Jones vs Bamba is debateable.

We have some good players now as well and I could see a smilar post in a few years time when some of our current players move on.

Out of the 2 teams, I'd say the best 11 is... which is approx half and half.

Stack\Smith - anyone but Simon Brown

Whittaker Jones\Bamba Murray Murphy

Brown Thomson Miller Riordan

Stokes Fletcher

Subs: Wetherspoon, Stewart, Killen, Smith\Stack, McBride, Sproule, Shiels

ahibby
27-05-2010, 11:29 AM

It doesn't matter at all but Joni's words were slightly different 'don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone'.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Funnily enough, I found an old programme yest in the house! September 10th 2005, home game vs DU. Its got a report in it from the falkirk game two wks earlier. Our team included Whitty and Murphy in defence, Brown, Boozy, Stewart, Shiels in midfield with Thomson coming off the bench and O Connor and Deeks up front with Fletch coming off the bench!!! Sproule an unused sub

Banter
27-05-2010, 08:50 PM
In the words of Joni Mitchell "don't it all seam to go that you dont know what you've got till its gone". This song, Big Yellow Taxi was later covered by the Counting Crows feat. Vannesa Carlton, the version I just happened to have heard this morning. But I digress..

No
wonder this country has gone to the dogs when youngsters havent heard the original by joni mitchell.Thank god my kids will learn of her and steve miller,boz scaggs,graham parker and billy joel.Mind you i do feel sorry for the kids when its obvious that cover versions of 70/80s songs are by far the best things in the charts so is suppose its a compliment in a way.

Sorry Gents. Fixed that for you.:wink: