PDA

View Full Version : First Celtic, now Barcelona steal our kit...

Austinho
26-05-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/barcelona-2010-2011-nike-away-football-shirt.html

Copycats, the lot of them! :thumbsup:

Owain_1987
26-05-2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/barcelona-2010-2011-nike-away-football-shirt.html

Fare play if I was them I would want to be like Hibs! :greengrin

JE89
26-05-2010, 03:30 PM
At first look, its look rubbish but when you see the players wearing it 'in action' (or else photoshopped) it look amazing. Could be one of my favourite strips ever.

Sylar
26-05-2010, 03:42 PM
As an aside to the actual kit (which is quite similar to their blue third kit a couple of years back), I didn't realise Barca had signed David Villa from Valencia!

Scary!

plhibs
26-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I like the shorts being a different colour, wish we had done that.

MyJo
26-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Ours would have looked much better with black shorts and mint socks :agree:

Removed
26-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Just asked the bairns (11 & 9)

What do you think of the new hibs kit - reply "horrible"

Would any other team have a strip that colour - reply "no way" and screwed up faces

Not even a big team - reply "no"

Unveiled the Barca kit - look on their faces "priceless"

Always knew we were trend setters :thumbsup:

(I still think ours is horrible though but I'm no fashion expert)

.Sean.
26-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Very smart kit :agree:

Future17
26-05-2010, 06:06 PM
On a serious note, the Barca kit is a totally different colour than ours. Wouldn't have minded the Barca kit - ours is horrible.

RickyS
26-05-2010, 06:32 PM
On a serious note, the Barca kit is a totally different colour than ours. Wouldn't have minded the Barca kit - ours is horrible.

im with you, went to the shop for a closer look and I was even less impressed.

crash
26-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I like the shorts being a different colour, wish we had done that.

The shorts are the same colour as the home strip:confused:

ekhibee
26-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Ours would have looked much better with black shorts and mint socks :agree:
Good Lord no, we'd look like a team of referees.

lyonhibs
26-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Exactly - I'm a tad confused - are folk colourblind or is it just us Jedi Hibbies that can see that the Barca strip is a kind of funky electric blue and our is "over-chewed Apple Hubba Bubba"??

Austinho
26-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Exactly - I'm a tad confused - are folk colourblind or is it just us Jedi Hibbies that can see that the Barca strip is a kind of funky electric blue and our is "over-chewed Apple Hubba Bubba"??The site has the colour down as 'cool mint', and looks like green on my iMac. It does look more like an electric blue on my PC laptop, but pretty sure it's very similar to our away colours.

The Harp Awakes
26-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Fare play if I was them I would want to be like Hibs! :greengrin

Maybe it's just because we knocked Barca out of Europe the last time we played them:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
27-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Lovely jubbly!

JackRegan
27-05-2010, 07:47 AM

Ahem... Point of Order here.

Celtic never stole their kit from Hibs (I assume you mean the green and white hoops). :agree:

We stole it from Saint Anthony's Juniors :greengrin

As documented by several unofficial Celtic histories and confirmed, with quotes from Wullie Maley no less from board minutes. it is now in the most recent offeeshall history as well.

Fair play to the Ants, I always liked them for playing in Green and White hoops in their old park in the shadow of Ibrox. :thumbsup:

Oh aye - hideous strip, I wish we'd bin Nike, I really do.

bawheid
27-05-2010, 07:51 AM
As documented by several unofficial Celtic histories and confirmed, with quotes from Wullie Maley no less from board minutes. it is now in the most recent offeeshall history as well.

:faf:

That'll make it right then. :rolleyes:

The_Sauz
27-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Ahem... Point of Order here.

Celtic never stole their kit from Hibs (I assume you mean the green and white hoops). :agree:

We stole it from Saint Anthony's Juniors :greengrin

Fair play to the Ants, I always liked them for playing in Green and White hoops in their old park in the shadow of Ibrox. :thumbsup:

Oh aye - hideous strip, I wish we'd bin Nike, I really do.

So the facts from the OFFICIAL Hibs historian, that Celtic borrowed the Hibs strips and most of our Glasgow based players to help them start up, were in fact all lies, and that somebody went and used Photoshop v1 to make out strips look like Celtics in the old photos :grr:

Hibs90
27-05-2010, 08:45 AM
So the facts from the OFFICIAL Hibs historian, that Celtic borrowed the Hibs strips and most of our Glasgow based players to help them start up, were in fact all lies, and that somebody went and used Photoshop v1 to make out strips look like Celtics in the old photos :grr:

That's it. Don't let the Celtc fan tell you any otherwise.

JackRegan
27-05-2010, 08:52 AM
:faf:

That'll make it right then. :rolleyes:

Yes.

JackRegan
27-05-2010, 08:54 AM

I was tyalking about where Celtic got the hooped kit from - hence why I said clearly "I assume you mean the green and white hoops". As the initial post was about Kit design and not the kit itself. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I never disputed the fact that Hibs donated the first set of strips.

bawheid
27-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Celtic have been making up and re-writing their history almost since the word go.

JackRegan
27-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Celtic have been making up and re-writing their history almost since the word go.

Care to tell me which bits?

BTW I've been over this before on here with Johnnyboy and I think we've agreed on most, if not all things regarding Celtic's history.

The only time, the Official History has been re-written has been since, the Kelly and White dynasty were booted out the club and the offical histories acknowledged as true, the versions put across in books such as Tom Campbell and Pat Wood's "The Glory and the Dream".

Honestly, I've forgotten more about Celtic than you'll ever know. :agree:

matty_f
27-05-2010, 09:21 PM

BTW I've been over this before on here with Johnnyboy and I think we've agreed on most, if not all things regarding Celtic's history.

The only time, the Official History has been re-written has been since, the Kelly and White dynasty were booted out the club and the offical histories acknowledged as true, the versions put across in books such as Tom Campbell and Pat Wood's "The Glory and the Dream".

Or care about.

Removed
27-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Think we know enough to know what you mob are all about :yawn:

You seen H18sry's thread on the main board yet?

If not here you go (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?184120-wee-laugh&p=2479530)

jabis
27-05-2010, 10:03 PM

since I know FA about that shirtstealing,playernicking,refbuying,careerending ,pile of keeck ,that is rangers....I will bow to your bluenosed knowledge !

lyonhibs
28-05-2010, 10:55 AM
since I know FA about that shirtstealing,playernicking,refbuying,careerending ,pile of keeck ,that is rangers....I will bow to your bluenosed knowledge !

I think you've slightly missed the boat re: our resident Old Firm fans here.............. :greengrin

jabis
28-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I think you've slightly missed the boat re: our resident Old Firm fans here.............. :greengrin

Irony Lyon,irony. :greengrin