PDA

View Full Version : Floodlights ON...

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Floodlights are currently on(10.30pm) and there are still guys working on our pitch! Also the new stand is now roughly online with the FF 18 yard box :scarf::thumbsup:

steviecarnie
25-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Floodlights are currently on(10.30pm) and there are still guys working on our pitch! Also the new stand is now roughly online with the FF 18 yard box :scarf::thumbsup:

take a pic and upload it to facebook and ill put it up here.

Sas_The_Hibby
25-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Just wait 'til Petrie finds out who forgot to switch them off................... :grr: :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2010, 09:56 PM
take a pic and upload it to facebook and ill put it up here.

Lol, jst went thru to take one and the lights are now OFF. 10.56pm-lights off! Thank **** actually coz im off to my bed as soon as this horrific 'Scheme' programme finishes and didnt want light shining in my window all nite.

1two
25-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Configuring the floodlighting

GreenCastle
25-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Keeping them on in the evenings to help the grass grow ? :confused:

Woody1985
25-05-2010, 10:28 PM

At the risk of looking really stupid here.... but :faf: :faf: :faf:

Do they not have to be UV lights for that to work? :greengrin

MyJo
25-05-2010, 10:31 PM

:greengrin :agree: I think they will be repositioning some of them to ensure the full width of the pitch is covered now that it has been extended

Removed
25-05-2010, 10:32 PM

I might not be able to spot a tranny from a normal burd but even I wouldn't have asked that :faf:

Just as well MyJo is on the ball :thumbsup:

Wembley67
25-05-2010, 10:41 PM

They are testing them as they have got new special fuses that ensure the floodlights will work when its dark.

1two
25-05-2010, 11:03 PM
:greengrin :agree: I think they will be repositioning some of them to ensure the full width of the pitch is covered now that it has been extended

Yep
I was there :greengrin
We were checking how much the lighting would have to be reconfigured in the west once the east is complete!

Woody1985
25-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I might not be able to spot a tranny from a normal burd but even I wouldn't have asked that :faf:

Just as well MyJo is on the ball :thumbsup:

I thought some smart arse was going to come on and say 'Well techinically every light has an element of UV in it and it will actually help that little bit' so thought I'd cover myself just in case. :greengrin

On the tranny front, it looks like we have an expert on our hands, for want of a better expression. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Lights are on, and the squad are oot there - for 'as long as it takes boys' - looking for the 20p RP thinks he drapped earlier :wink:

GreenCastle
25-05-2010, 11:26 PM

My bad :greengrin

Removed
25-05-2010, 11:53 PM
On the tranny front, it looks like we have an expert on our hands, for want of a better expression. :greengrin

Just waiting on Mrs S to see if she can get all 15 right :greengrin

But watch yourself if you meet HibeeLeicester. I wouldn't want to be left alone in a room with him if I was you :paranoid:

:greengrin

Ritchie
26-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Petrie sanctioning overtime!!! :dizzy:

--------
26-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I thought some smart arse was going to come on and say 'Well techinically every light has an element of UV in it and it will actually help that little bit' so thought I'd cover myself just in case. :greengrin

What have wee pocket radios got to do with anything? :confused:

sleeping giant
26-05-2010, 12:47 PM

No they dont !

Most grass will grow well with the full spectrum.

Those lights on the stand are perfect for growing grass although they are too far away.

Big-Si-1875
26-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Those lights on the stand are perfect for growing grass although they are too far away.[/QUOTE]

So really there not perfect for growing grass then.

hibsboy90
26-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Those lights on the stand are perfect for growing grass although they are too far away.

The lights are perfect, the location of them is not.....

Golden Bear
26-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I take it from some of the aforementioned posts that the grass seed has actually been planted then?

I hope some of our resident photographers can also capture the new pitch coming together as the grass gradually takes root and starts to show itself.

Peevemor
26-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I take it from some of the aforementioned posts that the grass seed has actually been planted then?

I hope some of our resident photographers can also capture the new pitch coming together as the grass gradually takes root and starts to show itself.

... as well as the drying process of any paint. :agree:

Golden Bear
26-05-2010, 02:24 PM
... as well as the drying process of any paint. :agree:

But of course - equally exciting.

:greengrin

HibeesLA
26-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Maybe we can use the picture to replace the current controversial hibs.net background

Sas_The_Hibby
26-05-2010, 08:50 PM
The lights are perfect, the location of them is not.....

The lights on the new East stand will be ideal then, because, as I understand it from these threads, the stand's only about ten feet high. :greengrin

sleeping giant
26-05-2010, 09:06 PM

They are perfect if they are close enough:agree:

About 24 inches above the pot is a good rule of thumb:greengrin

hibee4life1983
26-05-2010, 11:46 PM
GRASS DOES NEED U.V LIGHTS AT NIGHT TO INDUCE EXTRA GROWTH.

Normal lighting does help, but only as much as say, a houseplant with your mains lights, which just isnt enough.

U.V lights costs to buy start at around 250g for about half the pitch, and to rent we would be looking at around 25g a week.
Stands to reason that big tasho wont have expendeture, it would actually be cheaper to re-turf or seed every two seasons than have the U.V lights bought in!

It will all turn out fine!

Fingers crossed!

Alfred E Newman
27-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know what shade of green the grass will be?

mikethehibee69
28-05-2010, 10:02 PM
:wink: drug production plant at ER now thats a story:greengrin