View Full Version : Walter stays for 1 yr

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Then Super Ally takes over as manager.

Good news for my team I think:sauzee:

and yes before anyone points out Rangers fan on a hibs message board

.Sean.
25-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Away and post your Hun news about your Hun manager on a Hun forum, ya glory-hunting Hun fanny :bye:

BITC = :asshole:

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I couldn't care less what's good for your team or not mate, piss off.:bye:

bingo70
25-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Away and post your Hun news about your Hun manager on a Hun forum, ya glory-hunting Hun fanny :bye:

BITC = :asshole:

I'm no lover of huns but is this response really needed for everyone of BITC's posts? Think we've established he's not going anywhere, (why should he?) so why not just talk about the post he's made? this is the board for all football discussion after all.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing for the huns or not, obviously good for them that smith has stayed on, however i'm not sure Mccoist is ready or will be ready for the rangers job in a years time, think it'd be a hard enough job for an experienced manager with such financial constraints never mind a novice.

Sylar
25-05-2010, 08:19 PM
A desperate ploy by the Rangers board, utilising an iconic manager to divert attention away from the imminent mass exodus at Ibrox.

Treacherous times ahead in the West End of Glasgow and some form of announcement was needed to ensure season ticket sales were being based on something positive.

MrSmith
25-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Welcome news for Rangers fans I suspect!

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm no lover of huns but is this response really needed for everyone of BITC's posts? Think we've established he's not going anywhere, (why should he?) so why not just talk about the post he's made? this is the board for all football discussion after all.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing for the huns or not, obviously good for them that smith has stayed on, however i'm not sure Mccoist is ready or will be ready for the rangers job in a years time, think it'd be a hard enough job for an experienced manager with such financial constraints never mind a novice.

Fair enough if it's related to another club but if it's to do with Rangers then why not just post it on a Huns forum? Or Kickback their bound to be interested in what's going on with their best pals?

Gerard
25-05-2010, 08:22 PM

It may well be a good move for your team. The question is will this in any way benefit Hibs?
From a Hibs point of view I can see no benefit or disadvantage regarding the management of another team.
I hope that next season we will beat Rangers every time we play them
regards
G

Wotherspiniesta
25-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Yes. Most likely good news for your team.

What does Sauzee have to do with it though?

bingo70
Fair enough if it's related to another club but if it's to do with Rangers then why not just post it on a Huns forum? Or Kickback their bound to be interested in what's going on with their best pals?

dunno, but i know i'm always interested to hear what other teams thoughts on hibs are, maybe BITC is the same with the huns, either way seems to me your as well just entering into discussion with the hun as he's not going anywhere and TBF it is quite an interesting situation with them just now, once smith ****s off things could go really tits up with Mccoist getting put in charge, if he does make a mess of it, which is a definate possibility they won't be able to just open there cheque book and fix there mistake like they could in the past.

Giving him the job is a massive gamble and could have a huge impact on Rangers and Scottish footballs future.

Broken Gnome

Someone would've have posted the thread anyway, shouldn't really matter who it was.

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 08:35 PM
dunno, but i know i'm always interested to hear what other teams thoughts on hibs are, maybe BITC is the same with the huns, either way seems to me your as well just entering into discussion with the hun as he's not going anywhere and TBF it is quite an interesting situation with them just now, once smith ****s off things could go really tits up with Mccoist getting put in charge, if he does make a mess of it, which is a definate possibility they won't be able to just open there cheque book and fix there mistake like they could in the past.

Giving him the job is a massive gamble and could have a huge impact on Rangers and Scottish footballs future.

Someone would've have posted the thread anyway, shouldn't really matter who it was.

Fair enough guys.

I just think that a site made for Hibs fans to discuss different things should be full of Hibbies and not some Huns and Yams being members also. Although it can be good for a bit of banter sometimes.

Anyway now that i'm posting on this thread i may aswell ask a question, is McCoist definitely going to be in charge once Walter goes at the end of the season?

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Fair enough guys.

I just think that a site made for Hibs fans to discuss different things should be full of Hibbies and not some Huns and Yams being members also. Although it can be good for a bit of banter sometimes.

Anyway now that i'm posting on this thread i may aswell ask a question, is McCoist definitely going to be in charge once Walter goes at the end of the season?

I thought it better to say im a rangers fan when I joined this site so I could put points across from a bluenoses view, I came on tonight to see the thoughts of hibs fans on the news and was surprised it hadn't already been posted tbh, so I thought I would ask the question.

It is reported on SSN that McCoist is manager in waiting so yes he will be in charge for 4 in a row:whistle:

Bayern Bru
25-05-2010, 08:49 PM
:yawn:

Are you banned on Wallow Wallow, blue?
:cool2:

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I thought it better to say im a rangers fan when I joined this site so I could put points across from a bluenoses view, I came on tonight to see the thoughts of hibs fans on the news and was surprised it hadn't already been posted tbh, so I thought I would ask the question.

It is reported on SSN that McCoist is manager in waiting so yes he will be in charge for 4 in a row:whistle:

Yep fair point, apologies for my slight over-reaction.

You've not even made it 3 yet don't get too carried away.:wink:

Yous will never win the league with a team like Hearts in it anyway.

Cabbage East
25-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Bellend.

Hibs90
25-05-2010, 08:53 PM

So why would HIBS fans care about it then? I for one certainly don't give a ****.

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 08:53 PM
:yawn:

Are you banned on Wallow Wallow, blue?
:cool2:

Not yet mate:wink:

Yep fair point, apologies for my slight over-reaction.

You've not even made it 3 yet don't get too carried away.:wink:

Yous will never win the league with a team like Hearts in it anyway.

I know mate, just teasing, but things looking up today, seems talks are happening and Bain has said anyone leaving the money made will be to bring in new players.

Wotherspiniesta
25-05-2010, 08:54 PM

You weren't surprised it hadn't already been posted at all. The news only broke about 7pm.

Hibs fans are not all glued to the TV sets about the latest goings on at Rangers. Does that surprise you? :rolleyes:

ArabHibee
25-05-2010, 08:55 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif

givescotlandfreedom
25-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Let's hope it's a disaster and sends the club to its grave even earlier :bye:

At The Edge
25-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Just wondering if there has been movement on the takeover for Walter to stay for another year?
Its probably good news for the Gers that he has, steady the very shaky ship at the moment, it also might 'encourage' a few of the players to have 2nd thoughts about moving on at the moment given that they now know that they will be playing under Smith again next season.

Tiocfaidh Ar La
25-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Who gives a **** about Atilla the Hun staying on for another year. We are the Hibs and we hate you scabby hun cants. TAL.

Toaods
25-05-2010, 09:02 PM
so why not just talk about the post he's made? this is the board for all football

:bitchy: states quite clearly:
hibs.net Main Forum(921 Viewing)
The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general(nae Huns though).
Forum Actions:
View this forum's RSS feed
Subscribe to This Forum
Forum Statistics:
Threads: 10,381

snooky
25-05-2010, 09:07 PM
It's great news for Hibs as I don't think McCoist has manager qualities so .........:greengrin Happy days are here again....

As far as BITC posting on here, I don't know why he does it. He's either got a soft spot for us or he is extracting the urine. I trust it's the former. To be fair to him, he nailed his colours to the mast at the start. I do notice however, he likes his subtle wee digs. :tsk tsk:

BTW, I would never consider posting on a Rantic or Jambo website however, I might post on other SPL team sites, the likes of The Sheep or Killie, if it was a subject involving us and them.

Big Frank
25-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Cheat manager extends deal with cheat club :yawn:

matty_f
25-05-2010, 09:08 PM
The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general(nae Huns though).
Forum Actions:
Subscribe to This Forum
Forum Statistics:

:tee hee:

I am completely indifferent to Walter (seeing as we appear to be on first name terms now) stying with the Huns, FWIW.

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Just wondering if there has been movement on the takeover for Walter to stay for another year?
Its probably good news for the Gers that he has, steady the very shaky ship at the moment, it also might 'encourage' a few of the players to have 2nd thoughts about moving on at the moment given that they now know that they will be playing under Smith again next season.

Here is what has been said, some good things seem to be happening, but time will tell.

WALTER SMITH has revealed the reasons for announcing his impending retirement after the news that he will remain as Rangers manager for one more season and then hand over to Ally McCoist.

Smith has delivered six major trophies and a place at the UEFA Cup Final in the last three seasons and is relishing one more campaign as the boss.

He has confirmed that Rangers will be heading to Australia to play three matches in July and then face Newcastle at Ibrox on August 7 ahead of the new campaign.

And, of course, he will have one last crack at the Champions League after Rangers directly qualified for the group phase.

In an exclusive interview with RangersTV he said: "I'm really pleased. There has been a lot of conjecture over the last few weeks about what might happen to the club but a lot of things are being sorted right now and we are delighted to be settled and getting ready for another season.

"We were delighted with the finish to last season and when that calmed down a bit we all sat down and spoke about the situation and we are all glad that everything has been resolved.

"I feel that in the last two years Alastair and Kenny have been ready to take over to let us older chaps leave.

"We have worked well as a staff and things have been very successful over the last few seasons

"After a couple of nights out we have decided to keep this unit intact but I can certainly say that it will be my last season.

"So it will be one more year from me and then the younger generation can take over.

"You always have unfinished business and it's the same at any club. It doesn't really matter what you have achieved the previous season because you have to build again and win again and that's what we have to do.

"We have lost a few players over the close season so we hope to bring a few in. We will have a small squad again but we had one last season and coped with it quite well.

"In recent weeks Martin and other members of the staff have had very good discussions with the bank and that's exciting for all of us."

Smith will now go on a well-earned break and the squad will be back in harness on July 5 with a trip to Australia on July 20 when they will face Boca Juniors, Blackburn Rovers and Sydney FC during a 12-day trip.

He said: "Regardless of what was happening we were always planning for pre-season.

"We will start off at Murray Park as usual for two weeks of more intensive training and then we will go to Australia for three games and then we will come back and have a few games including a game with Newcastle at Ibrox.

"We will have quite a long break so I'm sure everyone will look forward to getting started again when we come back in early July."

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Forum Actions:
Subscribe to This Forum
Forum Statistics:

Kinda sums it up no? :dunno: I hate the huns as much as anyone on here but some of the responses to every comment BITC makes is ridiculous(imo). Theres about 10 new threads every single day about Hearts but thats ok for some reason?! :confused: Just daft. Makes us look pretty childish tbh.

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Let me guess bluenose.....you don't live in Glasgow? And if you got dumped at central you could not find your way to ibrox? I don't care about your bigoted team
and I don't think anybody really does! Watch the crowds drop, as there won't be many glory hunters going now!

At The Edge
25-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Hes (BITC) probably lonely, nae pals, Ginger and got 6 fingers each hand, its the least we can do by letting him post on our superior forum :wink: oh aye and hes probably got a sovereign ring on each finger, 12 in total:agree:

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Let me guess bluenose.....you don't live in Glasgow? And if you got dumped at central you could not find your way to ibrox? I don't care about your bigoted tran and I don't think anybody really does! Watch the crowds drop, as there won't be many glory hunters going now!

I do live in Glasgow
I don't need to go near the central on my way to Ibrox that would be taking me further away.
I have been going to Ibrox for nearly 30yrs, season ticket holder for many of these years.

SloopJB
25-05-2010, 09:18 PM
So why would HIBS fans care about it then? I for one certainly don't give a ****.

To be fair there are plenty of NHC threads and an unhealthy amount about Hearts.

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm sure ice seen him before.....Marvin from the scheme that's it! How's bulletHoung mate?

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:22 PM
So you have bluenose, what area of castle Greyskull do you sit, and what is name of the street you enter from? If you answer within 5 mins ill believe you if not you've googled it

blueisthecolour
25-05-2010, 09:31 PM
So you have bluenose, what area of castle Greyskull do you sit, and what is name of the street you enter from? If you answer within 5 mins ill believe you if not you've googled it

Copland rear copland rd, I go up the prw on way to games, hope this helps.

You will notice it is copland and not the mistake people make by typing copeland:wink:

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Knew you were full of p1sh, thought 5 mins was quite generous too, wonder who you'll support end of next season ta tube! Ps bullets a minger lol

Oscar Lomax
25-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Walter Smith must be one off the biggest farce's in management.
Lets face it, I bet anyone with half a brain could manage Rangers. The Daily Rankger has bleated that he has won this seasons league with no money to spend on players blah blah blah, when in actual fact he has the best squad of players in Scotland who have cost Rangers millions to assemble and are paying out millions in wages to them !!! Come on.....
He lasted 4 years in Liverpool and just about took Everton into the grubber !!!
The Records darling is being compared to Alex Ferguson....what an actual joke. Ill tell you this, when Sally does get the job he will take them down....Bring it on. Sir Walter my arse !!!

down-the-slope
25-05-2010, 10:15 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how many people post on a thread that they claim not to give a monkeys about :rolleyes:

Not interested then don't post...:dunno:

Hadn't heard this so thanks for posting BITC - The bank will be well chuffed that Walt is staying as he is the only person able / willing to work with rock all cash and still gel a team...also punting McCoist as the next incumbant is another way of keeping the gullable masses buying...also its a way of countering the Lenny factor

woody47
25-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Surely this thread should be on unrelated Hibs. :bye:
FWIW I couldn't give two F's what goes in that that cess pit.

jacomo
25-05-2010, 10:34 PM
McCoist is *****e.

Supposedly been in charge of Rangers' domestic cup campaigns, yet whenever it goes wrong (or goes to Hampden) Uncle Watty steps in again to take charge.

Managed decline next season then, followed by decline.

Oscar Lomax
25-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I posted as I was drawing the attention to how much off an imposter Smith is. As said in previous posts, Im sure any off us on this board with half a brain could manage them....Its easy when you have the players and your club can pay them over inflated wages !!! Man is a sham.

CallumHibs07
25-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Don't mind Rangers as much as Celtic, if it was a Celtic fan that posted I would be giving abuse.

Oscar Lomax
25-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Don't mind Rangers as much as Celtic, if it was a Celtic fan that posted I would be giving abuse.

Agree, I dislike Celtic with a venemous passion.....

iwasthere1972
25-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Super Ally :faf: :faf: He couldnae manage a fish supper. Erm on the other hand he looks like he has. Quite a few I would say.

:bye: Hun wind up merchant.

vahibbie
26-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Kinda sums it up no? :dunno: I hate the huns as much as anyone on here but some of the responses to every comment BITC makes is ridiculous(imo). Theres about 10 new threads every single day about Hearts but thats ok for some reason?! :confused: Just daft. Makes us look pretty childish tbh.

But that's because they are started by us and are always derogatory in some respect:greengrin

Oh BTW, both Walter and Super Ally can go f'k thirsels.

gorgie_harp
26-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Who gives a **** about Atilla the Hun staying on for another year. We are the Hibs and we hate you scabby hun cants. TAL.

:agree::agree::flag::flag:

Albanian Hibs
26-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Who gives a **** about your horrible team :bye: Away back to Swallow Swallow Hun :bye:

hibbiedon
26-05-2010, 06:10 AM

Super Ally takes over, I cannot think of 1 playing legend who goes on to become a quality manager of a club in fact I can only think of the opposite outcome

Steve20
26-05-2010, 06:21 AM
To the people moaning about BITC starting a thread about the Huns, stop behaving like twats. We get threads about different teams on here all the time. You don't want to read about it, then don't. It clearly states what the thread is about in the title. Some of us are interested in what goes on at other clubs, including the the old firm and Hearts.

Anyway, on topic, Smith should have walked from the Huns at the end of the season. His squad is going to be cut and Celtic look like they will strengthen their squad.

Ryan69
26-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Judas is what I call him, turning your back on your own country is shameful, and I will NEVER respect him!

Steve20
26-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Judas is what I call him, turning your back on your own country is shameful, and I will NEVER respect him!

He is a Rangers man. Why wouldn't he want to go back to the Huns? If I was Scotland manager and Hibs wanted me to be manager, I would leave the Scotland job in a second.

Never seen the problem with that.

Barney McGrew
26-05-2010, 06:35 AM
To the people moaning about BITC starting a thread about the Huns, stop behaving like twats. We get threads about different teams on here all the time. You don't want to read about it, then don't. It clearly states what the thread is about in the title. Some of us are interested in what goes on at other clubs, including the the old firm and Hearts

Indeed.

This story would have been posted by someone, and it just so happens BITC started it.

We have fans from lots of different clubs using Hibs.net, and IMO that means we get debate and views on how others see us. It would be an awfy boring place if everyone had the same point of view :greengrin

He's not broken any rules, and anyone can use the report post function for admin to look at if they feel he (or anyone else) has.

Beefster
26-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that those most vociferous about who should be allowed to post on this forum seem to be those who don't actually contribute to the running/maintenance of the board?

Ryan69
26-05-2010, 07:51 AM
He is a Rangers man. Why wouldn't he want to go back to the Huns? If I was Scotland manager and Hibs wanted me to be manager, I would leave the Scotland job in a second.

Never seen the problem with that.

Are you for real? If that was the case he should never of taken the Scotland job!

Managing your own country should be the biggest honour you could achieve in football!

Barney McGrew
26-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Managing your own country should be the biggest honour you could achieve in football!

I'm sure Mr Ferguson ranks his brief stint in charge way above the Premiership and Champions League wins :cool2:

Steve20
26-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Are you for real? If that was the case he should never of taken the Scotland job!

Yes I am for real and I don't think managing your country is the biggest honour in football. Managing the club I support would always come before managing the national team.

Ray_
26-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Too true Bingo, some of the quote's on here is what you would expect on greenwithenvysickback. Lets not get to the levels of some of the sick individuals on that site.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Smith is a good manager and him and McCoist are both 'alright for huns'.

However I don't like Rangers so in that sense I am glad Smith is leaving as I think the club will suffer. Hopefully McCoist can lead them to bankruptcy is Smith doesn’t manage it.

Don't care if a current bun posts on this website so long as its football-related. The anti-hun posts make good reading and seems to be one of the only things we all agree on.

Moody Mulder
26-05-2010, 10:38 AM
look smelly and we can offically call you smelly after it was revealed weegies dinnae wash, take yer gers crap to the smelly gers forum

and whats with the "love in" some of our fans have with him?

Mikey
26-05-2010, 11:31 AM
and whats with the "love in" some of our fans have with him?

It's not a "love in", it's reasonable debate. Freedom of speech and all that :wink:

Hibs90
26-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Agree, I dislike Celtic with a venemous passion.....

Typical Jambos. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
26-05-2010, 05:00 PM
The only reason BITC posts is because he gets a reaction, just leave him to talk to himself and he will eventually give up.

matty_f
26-05-2010, 05:08 PM
The only reason BITC posts is because he gets a reaction, just leave him to talk to himself and he will eventually give up.
:agree: