PDA

View Full Version : *Official Last Season memories - your favourite?*

essexhibee
25-05-2010, 04:44 PM
So then, what was your favourite moment of last season, wether it be a results, goal, incident....

I think my favourite moments of last season have to be :

- Stokes goal at Ibrox

Utter screamer and one of the best goals I have seen from a man in a hibs jersey in recent memory.

- Galbraith Winner at Celtic

Great finish by the lad who had not much game time, scored right at the death to win the match in the awesome third kit (sorry 11 copies of Stack's strip.

- Colin Nish hat-rick during THAT game at Fir-park

Not a fan of the lad at all, but he proved me and I think a lot wrong with three goals and a great performance after his comments in the press previously. Really stood up that match and looked like he was up for it. What won me over more was his post-match reaction, looked absolutely destroyed. Real hibby.

- David Wotherspoon

Great player coming through that when played in the right position, and often the wrong, played some beautiful touches and play.

- Merouane Zemamma

That first half during the 1-1 draw against D. Utd. Looked unplayable that day and some of the skills were as good as wee Russell.

So .netters, what were your favourite moments of any sort from last season? :top marks

SaulGoodman
25-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Watching the match updates thread against Utd last game of the season :)

swazzie
25-05-2010, 05:01 PM
9 seconds into the game against Der Hun at Christmas. Sadly this was also the turning point of our season

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 05:47 PM
The Hibs end absolutely errupting at Ibrox after Stokes scoring that raker.:agree:

Bayern Bru
25-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Murray's 'winner' against St Mirren

We'd beaten Celtic at Parkhead midweek, and so often we beat either of the Old Firm or our ugly neighbours and then fall on our erses and draw or even lose what should be an easy game to win in the days after it. The game against St Mirren (where we'd come from behind) was one such game and to keep giving 100% until the very end was great to see.

5-1 vs Hamilton, Jan 23rd 2010

Just an absolute masterclass in football. The funny thing was, we could have scored about 5 more and conceded 5 more! It was one of those games where our attacking play was just devastating, plus it was my birthday so it was a damn good present!

The final whistle at Tannadice in the last game of the season

Even though we'd fallen apart pretty much in the latter part of the season, and thought we'd blown it in the farcical 6-6 draw at Fir Park, we showed great belief and desire to win at Tannadice. Nishy's double, after his hattrick on the Wednesday night was just perfect. Served to silence the critics and also endear himself to us all by putting us in Europe. (Funny how it always seems to be the much maligned strikers who put us into Europe eh? :cool2:)

All in all though there were some great moments - individual goals, or saves that stood out. But those three that I've highlighted were the pick of the bunch for me I reckon.

.Sean.
25-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Hibs end just after we equalised at Ibrox...

***** me. Amaaaazing!!!! :greengrin

ski1875
25-05-2010, 07:51 PM
i agree sean buzzing oot ma tits thinkin about it again what a goal!

HibeeMcGinn1
25-05-2010, 07:55 PM
i agree sean buzzing oot ma tits thinkin about it again what a goal! :grr::grr::grr::grr::greengrin

enjoyed the wee trip to aberdeen and the last minute winner at parkhead were ****ing brilliant

essexhibee
25-05-2010, 07:55 PM
i agree sean buzzing oot ma tits thinkin about it again what a goal!

I saw it on SSN this afternoon for goal of the season for the SPL, needless to say it was the best pictured (not wearing green tinted glasses at all :cool2:) yet it had guess how much of the vote........ 0%!!!!

Pretty obvious that goals from der hun and the second team to where green are ahead :grr::grr::rolleyes:. Those goals lacking the stunning 40 yard ball, straight to the feet. The wonderful control, turn of a player, keepy uppies round a player and a outside of the boot lob complete with a wonderful knee slide which takes out the linesman. Oh yea, and that beautful army of fans he ran too. All lacking. :bye::bye:

ski1875
25-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Josh aberdeen Wis great but do you remember what state i was in i could have died that day . celtic away Wis down to a lucky colin who hasnt watched hibs loose in the flesh this season lol

.Sean.
25-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Josh aberdeen Wis great but do you remember what state i was in i could have died that day . celtic away Wis down to a lucky colin who hasnt watched hibs loose in the flesh this season lol
Aye, because me and Josh were sober that day too eh :greengrin

Steaming from 8 on the Friday night until 4 on the Monday morning. THAT'S a weekend... :cool2:

But Aberdeen was a great victory. It was also when folk started to get a wee bit carried away in regards to winning the league though.

ski1875
25-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I never touched a drop on matchday tho lol

HibeeMcGinn1
25-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Steaming from 8 on the Friday night until 4 on the Monday morning. THAT'S a weekend... :cool2:

But Aberdeen was a great victory. It was also when folk started to get a wee bit carried away in regards to winning the league though.

:faf: :faf: :faf: makes me laugh now

I never touched a drop on matchday tho lol

isnt that what they cry a lightweight :greengrin

ski1875
25-05-2010, 08:20 PM
nut jus i chose to go mental on the friday night and suffer the consequences!

HibeeMcGinn1
25-05-2010, 08:21 PM
nut jus i chose to go mental on the friday night and suffer the consequences!

you get caught yet? :devil:

TornadoHibby
25-05-2010, 09:16 PM

The December Aberdeen game away was the coldest I have ever been at a football match in my life! :wink: :greengrin

The signs were already there for the horrible spell of losing that followed shortly afterwards that victory though! :cool2:

Anyhow, let's hope that Mr Hughes has the squad for next season that will move us onwards and upwards once again! :wink:

West Upper
25-05-2010, 09:38 PM
The 2 that i will never forget are Stokes scoring after 12 seconds and Murray's Last minute winner against St Mirren. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
25-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Aberdeen away and Galbraith winner for me.:thumbsup:

.Sean.
25-05-2010, 09:54 PM
The December Aberdeen game away was the coldest I have ever been at a football match in my life! :wink: :greengrin

The signs were already there for the horrible spell of losing that followed shortly afterwards that victory though! :cool2:

Anyhow, let's hope that Mr Hughes has the squad for next season that will move us onwards and upwards once again! :wink:
Everybody says that, but I don't remember it being that cold. I was that pished! :greengrin

madabouthibs
25-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Stokes 12 second goal against the huns, and watching Spoony again and again, and again ripping the piss out of Mikey Stewart on Sky Sports Showboating clips. :thumbsup:

--------
26-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Ian Murray's tackle on that wee creep Fyvie in the 2-0 against Aberdeen at ER.

Perfectly timed, totally legal, and Fyvie carried off writhing in agony.

And it was done right in front of the assistant referee.

Can life encapsulate more pleasure in a single moment? :devil:

basehibby
26-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Galbraith's winner at Septic Park takes some beating - put together with the 5-1 win vs Hamilton I actually thought the team was about to hit a hot streak of form - sadly it didn't turn out that way but it was a good feeling while it lasted.

houston1875
26-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Ma first trip to ewok park to see Galbraith winner!!

Plus seeing Mr Nish come good at end of season,coz a took a power of abuse,for sticking up for him during bad times!!

Ian Murray last min winner against st mirren was good to?

houston1875
26-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Stokes 12 second goal against the huns, and watching Spoony again and again, and again ripping the piss out of Mikey Stewart on Sky Sports Showboating clips. :thumbsup:

Damn forgot about that!! Was good to see!!

Leith Green
26-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Ian Murray's tackle on that wee creep Fyvie in the 2-0 against Aberdeen at ER.

Perfectly timed, totally legal, and Fyvie carried off writhing in agony.

And it was done right in front of the assistant referee.

Can life encapsulate more pleasure in a single moment? :devil:

Hahahaha ....:faf:

Leith Green
26-05-2010, 12:37 PM

I was jumping about the maternity suite at the ERI whenc I got a text fae my mate saying Stokes had scored, my fiancee who was in labour was just giving me a totally blank look as if to say what the ****? Also the first game I missed that season!

Owain_1987
26-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Ibrox and Stokes Goal

Was a great moment just going crazy in the away end will always remember it.

5-1 against Hamilton

OK not a great side but we just scored for fun that day.

Last min OG against St Mirren

In a game should of won easy to get that goal in the last min was amazing

Last game in East

OK was sad to see it go but was great to have one last sing song.

Ten men Could'ne carry Nade

That song all season was great starting in Dublin

Singing to Neil McCann at Fir Park

At 6-2 up singing you Hearts basto to the man with him sitting in the sky box.

Lmc2105
26-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Stewart falling on his erse at hamilton afer being sent off :top marks

:faf::faf::faf:
:greengrin

jon paul jones
26-05-2010, 05:51 PM
i'd funnily enough go for a sunny(ish) home game against a performing Motherwell in December with Stokesy grabbing a brace either side of HT. Cripes!! Maka had a goood game. We kept the ball and zone pressed for 75 minutes solid. Best performance for me since the cup final 170307

just had a huge smile as I walked out the east and smacked the 'wa

HibeeMcGinn1
26-05-2010, 09:02 PM
i'd funnily enough go for a sunny(ish) home game against a performing Motherwell in December with Stokesy grabbing a brace either side of HT. Cripes!! Maka had a goood game. We kept the ball and zone pressed for 75 minutes solid. Best performance for me since the cup final 170307

just had a huge smile as I walked out the east and smacked the 'wa

great post :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
26-05-2010, 11:15 PM
The last minute winner at Parkhead for me - I was there and it was amazing ! See below for the celebrations - brilliant ! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZTSvLTXZM

Hibs Till I Die.

jgl07
27-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I think seeing the bulldozers ripping the East Stand structure down must go down as a memorable moment.

Ross4356
27-05-2010, 04:04 PM
The noise of people smashing up the seats on the way out after the St Johnstone game was pretty funny

JF-Hibee4Eva
27-05-2010, 08:00 PM
12 seconds against the huns was good

the equaliser against the yams at new year in the 1-1 draw was no bad

also the comeback against aberdeen when we drew 2-2 was good

18/03/07
27-05-2010, 08:11 PM
A young so called superstar fi weegie land trying to get P.Hanlon sent off but got himself sent off.