PDA

View Full Version : Urgent how to get to the Braids from haymarket

Houchy
25-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone,

What's the quickest way to get to the Braids golf course from Haymarket?

Thanks

Ritchie
25-05-2010, 02:39 PM
are you going to the golf course?

or the driving range/golf shop??

Ritchie
25-05-2010, 02:48 PM
sorry, just noticed you said golf course :doh:

only buses that go close are the 11 & 15, both of which come along princes street and up lothian road.

easiest option = taxi

cheapest option = taxi to lothian road then a number 11 or 15.

H18sry
25-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Stay on train till waverl then get the 11 every 10 mins :wink:

http://www.lothianbuses.com/service-number/11.html

Jack
25-05-2010, 03:26 PM
If you dont mind walking down Morrison Street to Haymarket with your kit you should get off at the stop after Tollcross where Woolies used to be.
I reckon that would take net 15 minutes off the time to reach a station. That is if you got off the bus at Woolies at 4 pm you would be at Haymarket around quarter past or Waverley sometime after half past.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

What's the quickest way to get to the Braids golf course from Haymarket?

Thanks

Are you driving? Everyone seems to have assumed you're not.

H18sry
25-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Are you driving? Everyone seems to have assumed you're not.

Hes not driving,he's just using a putter of the tee tho :greengrin

Ritchie
25-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Hes not driving,he's just using a putter of the tee tho :greengrin

BOOOOOOO!!! :bitchy:

:devil:

Houchy
27-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the help. I ended up getting a lift as I had to be there for 5 for the dispatch trophy so by the time I got there then back home, I actually forgot I posted this.
Another win for the mighty Carrickvale though (8&7) so through to the quarter final tonight in our quest to win it for the 4th year in a row. Come on the 'Vale!!!:thumbsup:

Ritchie
27-05-2010, 10:53 AM
im playing the braids on saturday in a family memorial tournament.

im going through a mid-golf-life crisis.

i hadnt played for about 8 months until last week and my stance, swing & grip felt totally wrong. :boo hoo:

gonna have to hit the range to try and correct it.

Houchy
27-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Good luck with that one mate, it's the semi's and the final of the Dispatch Trophy from 08:00 so there'll be literally hundreds of people on the course following play. I hope your driving's good or there could be a few casualties:agree::greengrin

Gaz
27-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I am going to try and get up tonight my brother is playing for BBT this year and have a big game against silverknowes.

Houchy
27-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I am going to try and get up tonight my brother is playing for BBT this year and have a big game against silverknowes.

:agree:It'll be a good game. Silvers were impressive on Tuesday winning 12&10 I think it was but BBT look a decent side too (although they only beat our "B" team 1up so they'll need to play better tonight to get through).

You coming to the breakfast on Sunday Gaz?

Gaz
27-05-2010, 12:29 PM
:agree:It'll be a good game. Silvers were impressive on Tuesday winning 12&10 I think it was but BBT look a decent side too (although they only beat our "B" team 1up so they'll need to play better tonight to get through).

You coming to the breakfast on Sunday Gaz?

Yeah my boss plays for BBT as well my brother and olly both shot 64 gross in the medal at turnhouse yesterday.

Nah i cant make it. Wish i could though would have been good to meet everyone

Houchy
28-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah my boss plays for BBT as well my brother and olly both shot 64 gross in the medal at turnhouse yesterday.

Nah i cant make it. Wish i could though would have been good to meet everyone

How did BBT get on mate? We scraped through on the last. Up there early tomorrow for the Semis and hopefully the Final again in the afternoon.

Gaz
28-05-2010, 12:03 PM
How did BBT get on mate? We scraped through on the last. Up there early tomorrow for the Semis and hopefully the Final again in the afternoon.

BBT got beat 3 and 1 golf was not great to watch but a other year goes by. I hope vale win it i know craig and Davie well

Houchy
28-05-2010, 02:35 PM
BBT got beat 3 and 1 golf was not great to watch but a other year goes by. I hope vale win it i know craig and Davie well

Should be in with a decent shout again:agree:
Craig and Allyn are playing off +3 and Davie and Darren off 2 (I think) and Craig and Allyn played each other in the final of the lothians a couple of weeks back.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully be a good day, weather wise and golf wise.:agree: