PDA

View Full Version : East Stand Gates

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 06:55 AM
I know that everyone wanted the old gates put back in so we can still touch the bar on the way out after a game and the club said they would do this.

However they will look a bit skanky beside our great new stand. Does anyone know if the club have any plans to tart them up a bit, maybe with a hibs badge and something written on the top etc.

If they are just repainted think it will be a bit of a missed opportunity to make a really good entrance/exit to the east.

Jack
25-05-2010, 07:57 AM
I suppose there are two ways of looking at this;

A direct link to the past, a bit like having a prize antique in a modern house. Would that antique still have the same value if it was tarted up with a tin of Cuprinol from B&Q?

Or cleaned up a bit and built into the fabric of entrance like the façade of the church/carpet shop which sits quite nicely, IMO, into the façade of the Omni centre.

I suspect the later – the Club has shown its got pretty good taste so far! :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 08:01 AM
I suppose there are two ways of looking at this;

A direct link to the past, a bit like having a prize antique in a modern house. Would that antique still have the same value if it was tarted up with a tin of Cuprinol from B&Q?

Or cleaned up a bit and built into the fabric of entrance like the façade of the church/carpet shop which sits quite nicely, IMO, into the façade of the Omni centre.

I suspect the later – the Club has shown its got pretty good taste so far! :agree:

Thats what I'm hoping for, just haven't seen any detail on yet so wasn't sure

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Are they not being recycled to fill the gaps between the East and the nortan and south :wink:

jgl07
25-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Are they not being recycled to fill the gaps between the East and the nortan and south :wink:
They should be recycled in a furnace!

They could then be cast into a sculpture of Rod's tache to place outside the stand.

cwilliamson85
25-05-2010, 01:19 PM
They should be recycled in a furnace!

They could then be cast into a sculpture of Rod's tache to place outside the stand.

Or they could put it on the top of the stand.