PDA

View Full Version : Internet On Phone

ChooseLife
24-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I just got a Nokia 97 Mini and am having trouble getting the internet working, when I'm in my house/mates house it works fine (although slow) as it connects to their wireless, but it doesn't work outside and I have paid for full internet use, how do I get this to work and I assume once it is working it will be faster than the terrible speed I get from my house/mates house at the moment.

Any help is much appreciated as I am ready to snap it.:greengrin

CB_NO3
24-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Out of interest what network you with.

Jack
24-05-2010, 09:09 PM
... and what browser are you using?
I have a N97 'maxi' and use opera mini - available from Ovi.

ChooseLife
24-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Virgin for both guys

lyonhibs
24-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Virgin for both guys

When you say it's not working "outside" I assume you mean it isn't connected to the network's 3G service??

Do you have the icon "3G" in your info bar next to the battery indicator? If so, when you're trying to go on the internet outside, are there 2 wee arrows going in different directions next to/underneath the symbol that go intermittently grey then black (this generally indicates that data transfer is occuring via the 3G network you are connected to?)

If not, get onto Virgin and get them to give you their manual APN (Access Point Name) settings (service name, port, proxy etc) - they might be available via their website.

Then phone Nokia support and ask them how to go about manually configuring then storing the network's 3G APN in their phone (i.e. which menu to go to etc etc) I don't work for Nokia, but there should be a menu for doing this.

Of course, the 3G should have worked off the bat, so maybe your phone is just *****ed!! :greengrin:devil:

ChooseLife
24-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks mate I'm gonna charge up the phone again and try again tomorrow :thumbsup: