PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Paul Hartley

hibee92
24-05-2010, 03:11 PM
apparently signed a 2-year deal with us, just what i've heard, can't name the source and it could be utter bollix... who wants to offer themselves to a bath of beans if he does? :greengrin

more importantly, would you be happy with this if true?

Removed
24-05-2010, 03:14 PM
apparently signed a 2-year deal with us, just what i've heard, can't name the source and it could be utter bollix... who wants to offer themselves to a bath of beans if he does? :greengrin

I'm sure arab will offer something way more exciting than that :agree:

hibby4ever
24-05-2010, 03:15 PM

yeah would be pretty happy to have him back @ easter road still got a few years left in him

Steve20
24-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I can't see Hartley signing for us, tbh.

CB_NO3
24-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I really cant see it, yogi says he wants hard, powerfull midfielders, Hartely does not come into that bracket.

Dunbar Hibee
24-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Can't see it whatsoever.

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I would like to see Hartley back, he'd toughen up our midfield a bit and add some experience to the team.

Stevie Reid
24-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Would take him, definitely - a good experienced head in midfield who can make passes and retain possession. Largely responsible for probably the most depressing day of my life but it's about what he can offer us now, not what he's done to us in the past.

Plus, it would p!ss off the JTs, which helps - and we we've already seen how he can respond to severe abuse in derby matches.

M11BMO
24-05-2010, 03:20 PM

I heard that earlier on as well... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say no, however do we don't need another midget in the midfield?:bitchy:

RoslinInstHibby
24-05-2010, 03:21 PM
cannae see it tbh

Thecat23
24-05-2010, 03:23 PM

This was in one of todays comments in the Evening News. No idea if it's true myself but i'd take him at ER.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Cant see it tbh. Would love it tho jst to royally wind up the jambos. Would do a job for us as well I think. See if he could stick Ivan in his bag before he comes bk up the rd.

hibee92
24-05-2010, 03:25 PM
This was in one of todays comments in the Evening News. No idea if it's true myself but i'd take him at ER.

never seen that mate, got it from a different source

Thecat23
24-05-2010, 03:29 PM
never seen that mate, got it from a different source

Maybe is true bud? It would defo get the yams backs up that's for sure :greengrin

Brooster
24-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I mentioned this yesterday on the 'Summer signings' thread. My source informs me that Hartley has signed a 2 year deal, my source is very reliable but thats not to say he cant be wrong.

Diclonius
24-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Never, ever, EVER going to happen.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Take the beans oath then :devil:

Rossco442
24-05-2010, 03:50 PM
This is getting tedious.

Overrated player with no pace or physical presence in midfield - exactly what we need. :bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Absolutely true. IIRC it was in 1998.:greengrin

Woody1985
24-05-2010, 03:56 PM
If true, should we sing 'Paul Hartley's not gaaaay'? :tee hee:

Ozyhibby
24-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Would be an excellent signing if true. Can't believe anyone would think he would not be an improvement on Rankin.

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 04:03 PM

:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
24-05-2010, 04:03 PM

So why has it not been confirmed by Hibs?

soupy
24-05-2010, 04:05 PM
canny see it happening,,,but it would really, i mean really piss they cants off, so it would bring a smile to my face, but im sure the guys gonna be on nearly 10k a week down there, so i cant really see him rushing back up the road when hes under contract, unless its more to do with playing for Scotland if hes not getting a regular game for Bristol...

basehibby
24-05-2010, 04:05 PM

I'd be very happy if this turned out to be true - he's got heaps of experience and could play a number of roles in midfield.

I know he was a bit of a pet hate figure when he played with the Yams but that is history which should be put to the side for the better good of the team - he'd definately improve our midfield which is what matters.

Haymaker
24-05-2010, 04:06 PM
canny see it happening,,,but it would really, i mean really piss they cants off, so it would bring a smile to my face, but im sure the guys gonna be on nearly 10k a week down there, so i cant really see him rushing back up the road when hes under contract, unless its more to do with playing for Scotland if hes not getting a regular game for Bristol...

He got a regular game for City however IIRC some city fans commented that his family still live in Scotland and he travelled down for training and matches. Might be why he would come back.

Dont see it however.

HibbyAndy
24-05-2010, 04:11 PM

If you can back up he's on 10K a week ill suck my ain welt for 2 months solid.

.Sean.
24-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I can't see this happening myself. However those of you who are saying he wouldn't improve the team are kidding yourselves. He's a very good player and would still do a very good job in the SPL. Plus, it would get it right up the Hearts, they'd ****ing hate it. As i said though, I don't think it'll happen.

Barney McGrew
24-05-2010, 04:17 PM

:faf:

HibbyAndy
24-05-2010, 04:21 PM

I dinnae want the wee scroat anywhere near Easter Rd.

Go back over the road and post that :wink:

hibee92
24-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I dinnae want the wee scroat anywhere near Easter Rd.

Go back over the road and post that :wink:

aye you caught me, H-E-A... :greengrin

Cabbage East
24-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Absolute pish.

soupy
24-05-2010, 04:56 PM

willny be to far away!!! Anyway you seem to forget you were called Chopper at school, for obvious reasons too, so less of the big man stuff, haha...

HibbyAndy
24-05-2010, 05:00 PM
willny be to far away!!! Anyway you seem to forget you were called Chopper at school, for obvious reasons too, so less of the big man stuff, haha...

What ever floats yer boat son.

Away back tae facebook and stop annoying me.

down-the-slope
24-05-2010, 05:21 PM

:agree:

Paul Hartleys not Gaaay...Now

Paul Hartleys not Gaaay...Now

Nice pause at the end made for a now :cool2:How happy would the maroons baloons be

Judas Iscariot
24-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Is Yogi still on holiday :hmmm:

GreenCastle
24-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Not really sure what to believe here.

But here is how I see it -

1. He could still offer something in the SPL - though he is getting older by the day and he won't be the same player as at the Yams or Celtic.

2. He played for the yams - was a tool when he played for the yams and it would be very weird seeing him play for Hibs AGAIN!

Removed
24-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Never, ever, EVER going to happen.

Absolute pish.

Take the beans oath then :devil:

:agree: And you never know Arab might even join you :greengrin

Hibercelona
24-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I hope not. :bitchy:

His attitude was rotten the last time he was here.

Ell_Chrisso
24-05-2010, 05:50 PM
See if im honest right, i kinda had respect for Paul Hartley..

I was the first one to join in with all the banter songs against him etc.. But he took it well, and gave it all back in the right manner.

I mind a certain game being in the terracing when there was a certain "Hartley takes it up the a*$e" song belting out sorta just into the game starting.. and there he was in the middle laughing away, grabbing his rear just in a way of having a laugh.

Iv certainly seen worse in terms of having banter. Look at Boruc, he is the complete opposite. He got what was coming to him that game against the tic where he fumbled twice for us to win! That's what you get for dancing infront of a crowd, sticking your fingers up! And almost insighting a riot! Sure hartley ripped us to shreds at Hampden etc.. But what player wouldn't celebrate like that if the opposite support are giving you constant grief.

If this rumours true, id be happy.. as i still have bit of respect for the guy, and hes a true professional. Works hard, and thrives of the big games. Would be a great addition.

And for the person that mentioned no pace. I do once recall him running 80 yards of the pitch from Our end, when we hit them on the break to catch up with a certain Scott Brown and make a goal saving tackle. Commitment, is something we seriosuly lacked in the later part of the season, and he would add that.

Reaper
24-05-2010, 05:51 PM

It's the kind of old head we need in the middle of the park but when it comes to him...................Once a Hibby, always a ****bo! I hate him and always will.

HibbyAndy
24-05-2010, 05:57 PM
There is not a cat in hells chance PH will sign for Hibs..Wether Brooster sais so or not.

100% no chance..Hate to piss on anyones chips that wanted the little RAT.

TheGreenMan
24-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I seen Hartley last night in the Crown Plaza hotel in Glasgow next to the SECC.

I couldnt bring myself to speak to him as I was instantly filled with rage, I hate that wee Hearts ******* and will never forget THAT day at Hampden in which he was the main culprit of one of the worst footballing days of my life. :grr::grr::grr:

I realise this adds nothing to the will he/wont he sign but whatever...

Oh - and even though he'd improve on what we have (as much as I hate to admit it), I still wouldnt want him - I'd rather we went for someone else who would improve us than have him in a Hibs shirt again.

Beefster
24-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I always had a grudging respect for Hartley as a Hearts player. He always took the abuse in fairly good spirits, gave it back when he could and always performed against us.

However, I'd be worried if Hughes starts signing guys of his age. Hughes tried this in his last season with Falkirk (Pressley, McNamara, McCann) with more or less disastrous results.

Ell_Chrisso
24-05-2010, 06:14 PM

I couldnt bring myself to speak to him as I was instantly filled with rage, I hate that wee Hearts ******* and will never forget THAT day at Hampden in which he was the main culprit of one of the worst footballing days of my life. :grr::grr::grr:

Oh - and even though he'd improve on what we have (as much as I hate to admit it), I still wouldnt want him - I'd rather we went for someone else who would improve us than have him in a Hibs shirt again.

But he is Free, thats the difference. If Hibs can add some quality & expericence for nout they will. Id have my days i couldn't stand him, but i honestly see the guy gave out as much as he got. And he took it all mostly in the right frame of mind. So i have respect for that

If Only
24-05-2010, 06:39 PM
This is getting tedious.

Overrated player with no pace or physical presence in midfield - exactly what we need. :bitchy:

You surely dont know anything at all about football players IMO

fife hfc
24-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I would have him at hibs in an instant. He is exactly what we need in midfield and has even played the defensive midfield role to great effect for celtic and Scotland. he would relieve some of the burden on Miller and we would probably see a better Miller for it.

bingo70
24-05-2010, 06:47 PM
You surely dont know anything at all about football players IMO

Spot on, Hartley would be a terrific signing for quite a few reasons, can't see it happening though.

BTW anyone that thinks Hartley wouldn't be welcome back here after his spell at hearts under estimates the fickleness of football fans, if he plays well and helps the team do well all would be forgotten, regardless of his history IMO.

Barney McGrew
24-05-2010, 06:51 PM
BTW anyone that thinks Hartley wouldn't be welcome back here after his spell at hearts under estimates the fickleness of football fans, if he plays well and helps the team do well all would be forgotten, regardless of his history IMO.

Equally, if he did come back, the first time he misplaced a pass would see him hit with venom that would make Alan O'Brien seem as well liked as Franck Sauzee :cool2:

Aldo
24-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry but this is the type of player we should try and sign. One old head amongst the others would do the team great IMHO.

Still is a quality player and could still do a job in the SPL nae probs.

I dont really care who he played for...the most important thing for me is that if and that is if he pulls on the jersey again he gives his all and does well for our team.

PeterboroHibee
24-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I always had a grudging respect for Hartley as a Hearts player. He always took the abuse in fairly good spirits, gave it back when he could and always performed against us.

However, I'd be worried if Hughes starts signing guys of his age. Hughes tried this in his last season with Falkirk (Pressley, McNamara, McCann) with more or less disastrous results.

A couple of players around his age wouldnt be a bad thing though, we dont really have anyone near his age (are our oldest players not around 29/30?), its more experience, someone who has been through a fair bit and would be able to help those around him.

Despite his history with Hearts, I would be quite pleased with this signing. He would offer what we lack in midfield, still a decent player, and would be a definite improvement.

Sprouleflyer
24-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Just got the bus home....yes the No 26....and yes Paul Hartley was sitting upstairs!!!!

You know, there might just be something in this rumour!!! :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
24-05-2010, 07:32 PM
The no26 .. Nails it for me mate! :agree:

IWasThere2016
24-05-2010, 07:54 PM
- Free
- Wants to come home
- Used to play wi Yogi

Stranger things ..

Riordans Boots
24-05-2010, 07:59 PM
- Free
- Wants to come home
- Used to play wi Yogi

Stranger things ..

We have just had the same conversation in our house - Would take him back :agree:

ski1875
24-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Am not writing you off and a want this signing to be true but why would paul hartley be on a no 26 bus haha money problems? haha

Jones28
24-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Another midfield midget? :confused:

yekimevol
24-05-2010, 09:07 PM
i dont think so unless yogi has scraped his under 30 rule he had last year ?

.Sean.
24-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Am not writing you off and a want this signing to be true but why would paul hartley be on a no 26 bus haha money problems? haha
My sources inform me he was getting the 26 to Tranent, then switching buses and heading to Ormiston. Yogi apparantly wanted to see him at East Mains :agree:

Godsahibby
24-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Thats quite funny, my Jambo brother in law was in there as well last night, he sent me a picture of him and the Jambo fud.

Callum_62
24-05-2010, 09:14 PM
"oooooh Paul Harltley...he used to be a gay boy but hes alrite now"

:greengrin:devil:

MrRobot
24-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I hope it isn't true. Dont want him anywhere near Hibs.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-05-2010, 10:18 PM
My sources inform me he was getting the 26 to Tranent, then switching buses and heading to Ormiston. Yogi apparantly wanted to see him at East Mains :agree:

he fell asleep on the ormiston bus and woke up in pencaitland. then went for a piss up with big paul

ski1875
24-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Haha class a thought he went to east mains then down the pivvy for a drink wi mark and dave lol

marleyhib
24-05-2010, 10:31 PM
He would bring the experience we sorely lacked in the 2nd half of the season, as much as I hate to say it he was class when he played against us for the yams.

Just can't see it, Hartley in a Hibs strip it just doesn't sit right.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I hope not. :bitchy:

His attitude was rotten the last time he was here.

With respect wee_hibee if you're only 19 how would you know what his attitude was like when he played for us before? He was at ER from 1998 - 2000 so you must have been one perceptive wee gadgy to form that opinion :wink:

Callum_62
24-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Also, come on guys...we hated him at the Jambos for a reason...he was a class act with them no doubt....a guy you love to have in your team, but hate if he is anywhere else

Take your tinted specs off...hartley would easily enhance our squad

more than happy if we sign him.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-05-2010, 11:16 PM
He was gonna try that but it was covered in vandal grease

Saorsa
24-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Also, come on guys...we hated him at the Jambos for a reason...he was a class act with them no doubt....a guy you love to have in your team, but hate if he is anywhere else

Take your tinted specs off...hartley would easily enhance our squad

more than happy if we sign him.Nah I hated him because he was a cowardly wee tramp

Aldo
25-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Not many teams in the SPL can afford him.

Wont go back to the Yams for obvious reasons.....
Wouldnt get a game for the OF (dont see why not though)
Hibs, Utd and the sheep maybe could an should able to afford him.

I hope he does sign for us and scores against the Yams.

For me and like I have already stated he would be and excellent signing. From what I have read and heard he has been playing really well for BC and pulling th strings in MF for them.

I hope this is indeed the surprise signing.

Someone must know. :wink:

Steve20
25-05-2010, 06:16 AM
People still believe this might happen, I see.

Not a chance.

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 06:58 AM
With respect wee_hibee if you're only 19 how would you know what his attitude was like when he played for us before? He was at ER from 1998 - 2000 so you must have been one perceptive wee gadgy to form that opinion :wink:

Just because your too old to remember being ten:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
25-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Hartley is a more than decent player and would enhance out team / squad.

Any Hibs supporter who doesn't want him back due to his Hearts links want their heads examined.

I wonder if those same supporters would have welcomed Michael Stewart back to ER despite the fact that he couuldnt that he couldn't lace Hartley's boots.

dirtydirk
25-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I think hibs should sign players on football ability an attitude and paul hartley ticks both those boxes. He was a wind up merchant at hearts and would probably be exactly the same way if he scored against them but as long as he was performing on the park, I couldnt care about previous allegances. Likewise I wouldnt object to us signing thomson, brown, whitty ect. As for hartleys attitude the last time he played for us, I thought he was quality, but big eck was playing him up front on his own at times or out on the wing, which is clearly not his position

Judas Iscariot
25-05-2010, 07:32 AM
People still believe this might happen, I see.

Not a chance.

Why you so sure?

Chuckie
25-05-2010, 07:45 AM
We've got Miller and McBride, with Rankin as back up. He would maybe be good backup for our backup.

Failed once at Hibs, definitely not Hibs class. He found his level at Hearts.

Toaods
25-05-2010, 07:48 AM

wanting a loan of a straw....:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Just got the bus home....yes the No 26....and yes Paul Hartley was sitting upstairs!!!!

You know, there might just be something in this rumour!!! :thumbsup:

He uses public transport?????

never rhibs class:greengrin

Steve Archibald used to turn up in his Rolls royce did he not? Paul hartley jumps off a maroon LRT bus!!

Leith Green
25-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Have to say, the first thing I thought of when I heard Hartley was supposedly signing for us (except for wee poof) was could it be Hartley or his agents way of getting Hearts to go back in for him?

Hearts are looking to beef up their midfield - pardon the gay pun- usually when these rumours appear on here, the sun and record normally print them the following week..

H18sry
25-05-2010, 07:58 AM
- Free
- Wants to come home
- Used to play wi Yogi

Stranger things ..

Is that when the gay chants started :cool2:

--------
25-05-2010, 08:27 AM
:agree: The ONLY real question is whether he still has the legs to do the job we need him to do. He has wide experience of the game at all levels and I don't think there's any doubt that his attitude is the right one. We only need to get one season from him for the signing to be a good one, and I don't doubt he has that one season at least in him.

Miller and Hartley as the midfield hub, with Witherspoon and Deek wide? Zouma and Galbraith in the mix, and McBride on the bench as well?

Couldn't care less who he played for before. If he's good enough (he is), and fit enough (probably), and prepared to come (maybe), then I can see no reason not to welcome him to ER. IIRC he took a lot of abuse from the Hibs fans, and did all his talking back on the pitch, not in the tabloids.

Wouldnae half sicken the Jamboids, too. :devil:

BigKev
25-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Simply can't see it happening but I'd reluctantly agree he'd be a decent signing although concerned at a two year deal.

Offer him one year with a one year option - if his legs are gone or he's going through the motions the last thing we want is a wage theif.

heidtheba
25-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I think he would be a great signing. Loved watching him play the first time around and, like many other posters on here, his ability to let his talking happen on the pitch against us was impressive.
I actually think that given his previous association with Edinburgh's 'big team' that if he came to us he'd be 100 percent committed. I don't think he could, or would, make a move to us and do anything less. He'd have to prove himself to us and I think he would be well up for that challenge.
I'd like to see him come here.

mike1875
25-05-2010, 08:47 AM
http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=199728

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 08:50 AM
I believe that for the wages we would have to pay him we could get someone better, plus we need someone big in midfield instead of another dwarf!

Judas Iscariot
25-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I believe that for the wages we would have to pay him we could get someone better, plus we need someone big in midfield instead of another dwarf!

What players you got in mind?

Baader
25-05-2010, 09:35 AM
:agree: The ONLY real question is whether he still has the legs to do the job we need him to do. He has wide experience of the game at all levels and I don't think there's any doubt that his attitude is the right one. We only need to get one season from him for the signing to be a good one, and I don't doubt he has that one season at least in him.

Miller and Hartley as the midfield hub, with Witherspoon and Deek wide? Zouma and Galbraith in the mix, and McBride on the bench as well?

Couldn't care less who he played for before. If he's good enough (he is), and fit enough (probably), and prepared to come (maybe), then I can see no reason not to welcome him to ER. IIRC he took a lot of abuse from the Hibs fans, and did all his talking back on the pitch, not in the tabloids.

Wouldnae half sicken the Jamboids, too. :devil:

Sums it up for me. Couldnae care less his history, if he can improve Hibs then I'm happy.

Riordans Boots
25-05-2010, 09:41 AM

Is in Florida as we speak :agree:

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Can't think off the top of my head,but someone like a Jack sort of figure, our midfield needs abit of height and beef about it!

Ryan69
25-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Yogi is in America, so don't believe that for a second, everyone is on holiday!

khib70
25-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Sums it up for me. Couldnae care less his history, if he can improve Hibs then I'm happy.
:agree:Totally. Experienced player with form at international and European level. Gives 100% - if it's true then it's a fine signing. Stranger things have happened, and might still (see Boyd thread). Good managers don't do tribalism.

mjhibby
25-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I dont think anybody will be signed until jun 1 when most players contracts run out.Im sure yogi has gone on holiday with all his specific targets in mind and will be following things closely.Interesting rumour nothing more but more hopeful of hart and keogh being realistic targets.Roll on jun 1st when the real silly season begins and rumours get out of control.Part of the fun of the close season.

seanraff07
25-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I dont think anybody will be signed until jun 1 when most players contracts run out.Im sure yogi has gone on holiday with all his specific targets in mind and will be following things closely.Interesting rumour nothing more but more hopeful of hart and keogh being realistic targets.Roll on jun 1st when the real silly season begins and rumours get out of control.Part of the fun of the close season.

Argylehibby
25-05-2010, 11:25 AM
From what I have read and heard he has been playing really well for BC and pulling th strings in MF for them.

There is no supporting rumour in Bristol to confirm this, I've just spoken a a city fan down there to ask his thoughts. He said he wouldnt be surprised if he was heading back north and confirmed that PH never moved the family down to Bristol. Claimed that he didnt get on with their previous manager and theat City fans will be sad if he is leaving. They believe Coppell could do well and get more out of Hartley than Johnson did. He has been one of their better players although in the more frantic games ge does run out of steam in the last 15 / 20 minutes.

The only other comment was that he thinks Hartley is still under contract for another year.

degenerated
25-05-2010, 11:49 AM

like Xavi or Iniesta ? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2010, 11:59 AM
What players you got in mind?

A lot of folk want tall players, they don't specify if they've to be any good. Just tall.

matty_f
A lot of folk want tall players, they don't specify if they've to be any good. Just tall.

Tall and able to kick people, ideally.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
like Xavi or Iniesta ? :greengrin

If they were a wee bit taller they'd be world class. :greengrin

Ritchie
25-05-2010, 12:01 PM

deek townsley anyone??

Steve20
25-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Why you so sure?

Why would the club not have announced it by now?

I also don't think Hartley would come back to Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2010, 12:12 PM

The club always announce a deal's been done after we've heard from elsewhere. I'd exect it to be on the Bristol City website before it's on ours.

ski1875
25-05-2010, 12:14 PM
There is talk in bristol they had the same rumour kicking about on there forum a couple weeks back

Chuckie
25-05-2010, 12:21 PM
It will be another first for Hibernian Football Club.

Signing Scotlands first openly gay footballer.

scoopyboy
25-05-2010, 12:21 PM

I also don't think Hartley would come back to Hibs.

The club don't always announce signings right away.

A few years back they announced three signings on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Maka and Johnny Leith were two can't remember the third. There was no way they were signed on three consecutive days.

Similarly I posted on here that Joe Keenan had signed about a fortnight before Hibs announced it. Even his old club in Australia announced it on their web site about seven days before Hibs announced it.

The club could be saving news items to boost season ticket sales if they were starting to flag a wee bit.

ArabHibee
25-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Oi!! :grr:

God Petrie
25-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Paul Hartley is the only player Hibs could possibly sign that I would boo every time he touched the ball.

A vile little jambo twat akin to Michael Stewart.

Peevemor
25-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Paul Hartley is the only player Hibs could possibly sign that I would boo every time he touched the ball.

Even though he was a hibee twat before he was a jambo twat? :confused:

God Petrie
25-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Even though he was a hibee twat before he was a jambo twat? :confused:

That's exactly what made him such a massive jambo twat - that he was at us before going to Hearts and becoming a twat.

I don't want players who I wouldn't trust to give 100% against the jumbos.

jgl07
25-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Nah Hearts got there first (for once)!

hibee4life1983
25-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Other way about, he used to be a jambo twat then a hibby, forget the twat,
Unless your talking about him in general?

JimBHibees
25-05-2010, 12:42 PM
That's exactly what made him such a massive jambo twat - that he was at us before going to Hearts and becoming a twat.

The boy was only doing a job for Hearts in a very good team at the time. He also got a large amount of abuse so why not give a bit back when he scored a couple of goals against their biggest rivals.

You can be sure the one game he would be giving 100% would be Hearts.

Peevemor
25-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Hartley's the sort of player who'll give 100% wherever he is and whoever he's playing. I think he could be likened to Darren Jackson in this respect.

Andy74
25-05-2010, 12:47 PM
There's a diferrence between agreeing the deals and getting them signed and completed. Hibs only announce when it's all totally done and dusted.

zlatan
25-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Isn't football great, people getting angry about a signing because they wore a different t-shirt for a few years :hilarious

Wouldn't mind him back myself, looked very good in the Championship for Bristol City where him and Ivan became good buddies :cool2: and would do a job for us as the experienced head this team needed all season. Perfect captain material some would suggest...

Ritchie
25-05-2010, 12:58 PM

he played against hearts with celtic and gave 100%, why would he not do it for us??

he didnt grow up a jambo so he has no real reason to risk his place in the hibs team by laying down to that mob.

hartley is a good professional so i doubt he'd pull a stunt like that anyway!

Chuckie
25-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Nah Hearts got there first (for once)!

Fashanu was English or Jamaican, or something weird.

Jack
25-05-2010, 01:12 PM
If they were a wee bit taller they'd be world class. :greengrin

We demand our midfield are the same height, we wouldn’t want one shorter than [hopefully] the other three. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 01:18 PM
he played against hearts with celtic and gave 100%, why would he not do it for us??

he didnt grow up a jambo so he has no real reason to risk his place in the hibs team by laying down to that mob.

hartley is a good professional so i doubt he'd pull a stunt like that anyway!

Wouldn't want him living next door to me though:greengrin

hibee
25-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I've been hearing this rumour for the last couple of weeks but I would be gutted if it was true !

weonlywon6-2
25-05-2010, 02:48 PM

i would be quite happy if this was true for a few reasons, he would bring stability to midfield,arrogance as well.he may also be looking at a longer term thing with the facilities and opportunties at hibs but most of all, it would pee of the jambos something rotten !!!!:thumbsup:

ScottB
25-05-2010, 03:17 PM

So I suppose you didn't trust Steven Whittaker then? Or Darren Jackson? Should the Hearts fans feel the same about Lee Wallace?

At the end of the day, they are pros, on the pitch they won't be doing anyone any favours.

Andy74
25-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Hartley would be a brilliant signing just now. Hated him at hearts but mainly because he was a threat.

HibeeMcGinn1
25-05-2010, 03:54 PM

well you are a cock

Jones28
25-05-2010, 04:14 PM
well you are a cock

Lol

.Sean.
25-05-2010, 05:27 PM
well you are a cock
And that is the post of the day Joshy :agree:

Gonna take some kind of uber-******** to boo a Hibs player. I certainly couldn't boo anyone in a Hibs jersey because of who they once played for. Get a grip.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Id be happy with the Hartley that played wi Hertz during the Skacel days, always getting forward into the box to help out in attack as I don't think we've had a midfielder like that since Broony.
Hartley seemed to be played deeper by Strapon, and I remember seeing a comment on a Bristol forum to suggest it's the same there (maybe age is catching up wi the legs....) so I think he'd be a bit too similar in style to what we already have in Miller :dunno:

I'd like to see the big strong combative midfielder a lot on here want to give us first to give us more options in how we can set ourselves up.

hibee92
25-05-2010, 06:02 PM
well you are a cock

:top marks

bingo70
25-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Id be happy with the Hartley that played wi Hertz during the Skacel days, always getting forward into the box to help out in attack as I don't think we've had a midfielder like that since Broony.
Hartley seemed to be played deeper by Strapon, and I remember seeing a comment on a Bristol forum to suggest it's the same there (maybe age is catching up wi the legs....) so I think he'd be a bit too similar in style to what we already have in Miller :dunno:

I'd like to see the big strong combative midfielder a lot on here want to give us first to give us more options in how we can set ourselves up.

:confused:

that's not Millers game at all, at times he tried do do that when Mcbride wasn't fit but that certainly isn't his type of game.

Hartley would play the same position as Mcbride did this season but as well as Mcbride played at the start of the season, Hartley would do it better and hopefully be more reliable, he's exactly the sort of midfielder we need now to allow Miller to drive forward and create things in attack.

bighairyfaeleith
25-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I've have held back from posting too quickly on this one as I wanted to to make a reasoned decision.

After reading everyones points, many of them very sensible I have to say that I too am also

"A Cock"

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
25-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Just because your too old to remember being ten:greengrin

Nonsense. I well remember being ten, it's the last few years I have trouble remembering :greengrin

jdships
25-05-2010, 07:11 PM
This is getting tedious.

Totally agree !
If that's the height of our ambition , re signings, heaven help us :rolleyes:

sixtwo
25-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Hartley is exactly the type of player we need. he plays the holding midfield role well but can get in amongst the goals too. he has bags of experience and the grit and determination to drive a team on, he'd be an inspiration for the younger players and bring valuable experience for our european games. That said, he is a horrible jambo twat who scored a hat trick against us in a semi final and for that reason i'd rather we looked elsewhere!

sixtwo
25-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Totally agree !
If that's the height of our ambition , re signings, heaven help us :rolleyes:

Riordan and murray spring to mind.

O'connor and murphy have been rumoured to be coming back for loan spells.

re signings are not always a bad thing:wink:

Chuckie
25-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd never accept that wee feral beast.

Yours.

Chuck the Cock.

Ernie Cobra
25-05-2010, 07:56 PM
not for the forst time in my life, i will also have to admit to being a "cock". I Dont want Harltey anywhere near a Hibs Jersey or the Holy Ground. Surely a bit more of a physical presence is what we are lacking??

HibeeMcGinn1
25-05-2010, 07:59 PM
not for the forst time in my life, i will also have to admit to being a "cock". I Dont want Harltey anywhere near a Hibs Jersey or the Holy Ground. Surely a bit more of a physical presence is what we are lacking??

i never called the man a cock for not wanting him at easter road. he said he would boo him so that why i think he is a 1st class cock.

bingo70
25-05-2010, 08:03 PM

IMO it's more important to have good midfielders than big ones, Hartley is a good player with experience and a winning attitude, definately something we lacked last season.

Andy74
25-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I think we will get more physical presence but the whole team needs improving. I don't see it being an either or.

heretoday
25-05-2010, 08:44 PM
He's a good player. I thought he was good when he was with us. He used to liven things up and scored a cracker to win a match against the Pars once.

Jack
25-05-2010, 09:02 PM
He seems to be the ideal player ... one who splits the fan base down the middle!

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2010, 09:29 PM

So did u boo Stewart every time he touched the ball for us?! Would u boo Hartley if he scored for us against the jumbos?! Ooooooook then...:yawn:

ArabHibee
25-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Fashanu was English or Jamaican, or something weird.

:tee hee:

weecounty hibby
25-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I would take him back and i detested him when he was with them.

Also why do folk think you have to be big to be a physical player in midfield? I seem to remember a certain Billy Bremner was no 6ft plus giant. Niether was Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Dennis Wise, Alex Edwards or a whole heap of others that I could mention if I could be bothered to think long enough about it. The difference is some here seem to want size as oppose to ability.
I would rather have a wee skillfull player who was prepared to graft as those above rather than some hammer thrower whos only benefit was that he was 6ft 4.

Ritchie
26-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I'd never accept that wee feral beast.

Yours.

Chuck LOVES Cock.

we know Chuckie x

mjhibby
26-05-2010, 07:55 AM

Isnt this an awfully long thread for a rumour.We should remember his age in any equation in signing him as well.I would say on the balance of probability he isnt signing but stranger things have happened.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Isnt this an awfully long thread for a rumour.We should remember his age in any equation in signing him as well.I would say on the balance of probability he isnt signing but stranger things have happened.

Twenty years from now when he is as fat as Robbo and doing pundit work for Radio Scotland he will still be a better player than John Rankin is just now.

.Sean.
26-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Give the boring anti-rankin ***** a rest eh ffs?

Removed
26-05-2010, 09:10 AM

jdships
26-05-2010, 10:12 AM

:agree::agree: ( that's twice over !!!)

Golden Bear
26-05-2010, 10:17 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

Make that 3 in a row - surely a record for Hibs Net.

:greengrin

Chuckie
26-05-2010, 10:50 AM
we know Chuckie x

Ooooo Sexy boooy..
xx

Pretty Boy
26-05-2010, 10:54 AM
IMO it's more important to have good midfielders than big ones, Hartley is a good player with experience and a winning attitude, definately something we lacked last season.

Nonsense this is the Scottish football mentality we are talking about here. Forget talent if he's a big barsteward and he can kick both the ball and people for miles then he's good enough. :wink:

It's no wonder that Scottish football is in the state it is when the majority on this board feel a big midfielder is better than a talented one. It's easy to see why any young Scottish player with the least bit ambition is desperate to get the **** down to England ASAP.

allezsauzee
26-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Leaving aside the history between Hibs and Hartley...he's way past his best, doesn't have the legs to be a box to box midfielder and we have more than enough people that are capable of sitting in front of the defence.

Lmc2105
26-05-2010, 12:33 PM
so .. is there any more truth in the story ino we might not find anything out until Yogi is back from Disney Land :wink: but i think it would be a good signing

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Nothing against him, and liked him as a player (even felt he wasn't given a proper chance at ER) and I'm sure he would instantly re-convert to heterosexuality if he pulled on a green strip, but he's just too old now. Can't see his engine and legs being strong enough for another season on the ploughed fields of the SPL.

Gerard
26-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Nonsense. I well remember being ten, it's the last few years I have trouble remembering :greengrin

Dear John it was the early years of your life that you had a lot to remember that was worthy or remembering; Hibs winning the Scottsh Cup for the second time, the Famous Five and the European team from the 1960s. The last few years have not had a lot worth remembering.
A tribute to JC a Hibs legend:wink::greengrin
G

Diclonius
26-05-2010, 04:46 PM
How the hell has this rumour grown so big? There has been no press coverage, no words from either club, no nothing.

I guarantee it - Hartley will NOT be coming to Hibs. Ever.

JennaFletcher
26-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Don't want him. Over rated. Not to mention he is a Jambo...

HibbyAndy
26-05-2010, 05:06 PM
How the hell has this rumour grown so big? There has been no press coverage, no words from either club, no nothing.

I guarantee it - Hartley will NOT be coming to Hibs. Ever.

Nail..Hammer..Head.

Hamish
26-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds like this close season's Julian Brellier story

heidtheba
26-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I would take him back and i detested him when he was with them.

Also why do folk think you have to be big to be a physical player in midfield? I seem to remember a certain Billy Bremner was no 6ft plus giant. Niether was Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Dennis Wise, Alex Edwards or a whole heap of others that I could mention if I could be bothered to think long enough about it. The difference is some here seem to want size as oppose to ability.
I would rather have a wee skillfull player who was prepared to graft as those above rather than some hammer thrower whos only benefit was that he was 6ft 4.

I use that argument often too...:cool2:

ekhibee
26-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Twenty years from now when he is as fat as Robbo and doing pundit work for Radio Scotland he will still be a better player than John Rankin is just now.
Excellent point, but I'm still not sure if he can match Robbo's 3 fish suppers after virtually every fitba match.

Ryan69
26-05-2010, 08:06 PM
The reason that people say that is cause we have only small midfielders at the moment, and personally I Like big strong midfielders that can do abit of bullying in the engine room!

Ernie Cobra
26-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Leaving aside the history between Hibs and Hartley...he's way past his best, doesn't have the legs to be a box to box midfielder and we have more than enough people that are capable of sitting in front of the defence.

:top marksabsolutely correct

tooley
26-05-2010, 09:51 PM

PAUL HARTLEY..............
Is Gay:agree:

Hibbyradge
27-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure he's anywhere near as good these days, as he was when the Yams were 'unbeatable'. Things could turn very nasty for him, and Yogi, if he can't play. Big risk.

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2010, 04:48 PM
:top marksabsolutely correct

I think you are seriously underestimating him. A lot of players who seem to be past it, like Justin Fashanu, go to Hearts, and suddenly start displaying box-to-box qualities.

Removed
27-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I think you are seriously underestimating him. A lot of players who seem to be past it, like Justin Fashanu, go to Hearts, and suddenly start displaying box-to-box qualities.

Am I allowed to laugh at that...............

...........ah bugger it

Spike Mandela
27-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Am I allowed to laugh at that...............

...........ah bugger it

Ahem........:rolleyes:

Diclonius
29-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Bristol City playing down the deal.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/bristolcity/offers-City-players-Sexstone/article-2228948-detail/article.html

ForeverHibs93
29-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I use that argument often too...:cool2:
:faf::top marks

Steve20
29-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Bristol City playing down the deal.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/bristolcity/offers-City-players-Sexstone/article-2228948-detail/article.html

That's because it is alot of rubbish. No way Hartley will come back to Hibs

Diclonius
29-05-2010, 09:49 PM
That's because it is alot of rubbish. No way Hartley will come back to Hibs

:top marks

blairwallace
29-05-2010, 10:45 PM
i'd only take him to piss the yams off aswell as add a little something for our interpretation on this famous banner

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BPBojSYFPDw/RvdrXftLEbI/AAAAAAAAAns/pJnlK120XPc/s400/Celtcs+Feeder+Club+banner.jpg

celtic, hibernans feeders since 1888
riordan, miller, hartley....ect

hibee4life1983
29-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Why post that photo, that hurt me to the core seeing that banner at the time.

Chuckie
29-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Silversand
29-05-2010, 11:13 PM

Best photo ever.

Shows the Celtc in their proper place, well below us in the evolution line.

Glaswegian education at its best.

:wink:

nonshinyfinish
30-05-2010, 05:36 PM

You didn't read the banner then?

Chuckie
30-05-2010, 05:41 PM
i'd only take him to piss the yams off aswell as add a little something for our interpretation on this famous banner

celtic, hibernans feeders since 1888
riordan, miller, hartley....ect

:bye:

seanraff07
30-05-2010, 09:49 PM

He is a Hibby if your questioning that.

I'm getting a ST with him for this season.

Fantic
30-05-2010, 10:02 PM

Your at the wind up.

Fantic
30-05-2010, 10:10 PM
celtc, hibernians feeders since 1888
riordan, miller, hartley....etc

I fixed your 3 spelling mistakes

.Sean.
30-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Is there really a need to be so pedantic?

FranckSuzy
30-05-2010, 10:45 PM

I think it was meant as a laugh. Famously, the Celtic fan's missed out the 'i' from Celtic on the banner and funnily enough, your pal put the 'i' in Celtic in his post but missed out the 'i' from Hibernian :confused: :greengrin

Fantic
30-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I think it was meant as a laugh. Famously, the Celtic fan's missed out the 'i' from Celtic on the banner and funnily enough, your pal put the 'i' in Celtic in his post but missed out the 'i' from Hibernian :confused: :greengrin

This :greengrin

JIm
31-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Almost a done deal! Hartley is in Scotland as we speak.:agree:

Row H
31-05-2010, 03:08 PM

:rolleyes:

mike1875
31-05-2010, 03:10 PM

probably going to hearts

Spike Mandela
31-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Jeez!! You know how to ruin a nice sunny day. I need a drink..............nurse!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

truehibernian
31-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Christophe Berra is also in Edinburgh as we speak. I wonder if Yogi has negotiated a cut price deal for him to return to his beloved Hibees :wink: :greengrin (posted in jest)

sunshine1875
31-05-2010, 05:49 PM
31 May 2010 18:37:31
Breaking news;
Paul hartley has just signed a two year contract at easter road. 3k a week was taking for a tour of east mains earlier today

Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? FACTS only, not views!

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 05:51 PM
31 May 2010 18:37:31
Breaking news;
Paul hartley has just signed a two year contract at easter road. 3k a week was taking for a tour of east mains earlier today

Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? FACTS only, not views!

Where did you read this?

PaulSmith
31-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Where did you read this?

probably football rumours

MrSmith
31-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Funny this one because Yogi, did he not, stated that he wanted a squad under 28?

Silly season upon us....

Diclonius
31-05-2010, 06:51 PM
The rumour is everywhere right now - anyone starting to think it might just be true?

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 06:52 PM
The rumour is everywhere right now - anyone starting to think it might just be true?

nope not even entertaining the idea:greengrin

we are hibs
31-05-2010, 06:53 PM

wheres the proof:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
31-05-2010, 06:58 PM
wheres the poof:confused:

Apparently being shown round east mains:wink:

matty_f
31-05-2010, 07:11 PM

I think it's mair likely to be pish than anything else, to be honest. I say that with respect to Scoopyboy and Brewster who are generally very good with their info, I just cannae see this happening at all.

Steve20
31-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Not a chance.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-05-2010, 07:16 PM

I cannae help it :confused:

Ell_Chrisso
31-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Is it not the 1st of June that players are free to go wherever they need be, and that the transfer window is open??

If so, i wouldn't be suprised if true. As if Hibs are keen, they probably want to get the deal sewn up asap

.Sean.
31-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I think it's mair likely to be pish than anything else, to be honest. I say that with respect to Scoopyboy and Brewster who are generally very good with their info, I just cannae see this happening at all.
That's what I was thinking :agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
31-05-2010, 08:23 PM
That's what I was thinking :agree:

we'll see sean boy :greengrin

.Sean.
31-05-2010, 08:25 PM
we'll see sean boy :greengrin
If you've any 'inside info' swing a PM my way Joshy lad :greengrin

sahib
31-05-2010, 08:36 PM
What a rotten signing this would be.

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Apparently he was spotted at Tynecastle today. Could all be innocent, but if it's true and there was more in it, then that's another Hibs transfer target Hearts are after. Shock horror. We should go after someone completely mince and let them sign him up.

Diclonius
31-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Apparently he was spotted at Tynecastle today. Could all be innocent, but if it's true and there was more in it, then that's another Hibs transfer target Hearts are after. Shock horror. We should go after someone completely mince and let them sign him up.

Doubt it. Romanov and Hartley quite obviously hate each other.

MountcastleHibs
31-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Doubt it. Romanov and Hartley quite obviously hate each other.

That's what I thought, but it's been 'ironed out' since he left them apparently.

eastmainsmsh
31-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Saw a range rover coming out of east mains on my way to tranent about 7 ish :wink:

Hibeebob
31-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Have to say I regularly read the messageboard but rarely post.
Every time I log on this thread is bumped buck to top and that usually means there's something in the rumour.

God I hope not.

He's too old, too fat, too gay, to dirty lookin, too yam, too caveman, too slow.
Theory being he'd be the guy winning the ball back in midfield yeah?
Reality being he'd sit and give away free kicks all day against any team younger and fitter than him ie everyone.
Would be unpopular with most Hibs fans I know and a potential nail in yogis coffin when it all goes wrong.

I don't think we should touch him with a thousand feet pole.

blairwallace
31-05-2010, 11:10 PM

add the hibeesbounce account II Bw01 II
facebook (search the username ;))
google me if you must, wont find me without the hibee blood son

Dunbar Hibee
31-05-2010, 11:13 PM
add the hibeesbounce account II Bw01 II
facebook (search the username ;))
google me if you must, wont find me without the hibee blood son

A smiley doesn't mean he's implyin your not a hibee, 'son' :wink:

hibee92
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM

next couple days i'm led to believe...

Mikey
02-06-2010, 03:15 PM

That's what I thought, but it's been 'ironed out' since he left them apparently.

You need to stop listening to your yam "mate".

And you also need to stop posting up the pish he comes out with on here :wink:

essexhibee
02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Would be funny to see this happen just to see their faces (YAMS.)

In reality I dont want the guy anywhere near the club :grr:

IanM
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
one year on - all the names being floated about this season - shows how up in arms we were about his possible signing in 2010!

Niffy
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Without reading hunners of rumours about this, I thought he was knackered anyway and going into "management"..... ?

MyJo
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Without reading hunners of rumours about this, I thought he was knackered anyway and going into "management"..... ?

http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/data/04/holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Niffy
02-06-2011, 12:51 PM
http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/data/04/holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Wiznae me that started it Comic Book guy...

steakbake
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
...and what pish passes for rumours.