PDA

View Full Version : Would a better atmosphere at Easter Road sell more tickets?

RIP
24-05-2010, 02:30 PM
We have a fans forum on this topic at the Hibs Club next Thursday 3rd June at 7pm. A meeting with Hibs on the Friday. So a poll on the topic would give us some idea of the impact of a new Easter Road with a more vociforous group of fans actively supporting the team on the park.

Let's say the quality of football is the same as the average of last season (A more even spread of results across the year)

But there was mair noise, singing, colour, flags and atmosphere.

Mair music, fun, bouncing and general ragdeness.

And you could look forward to this atmosphere every week

What difference would it make to you ?

RIP
24-05-2010, 04:37 PM
:thumbsup: Keep them coming

Speedy
25-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I had a (half) season ticket for the season that has just finished and after much consideration I have decided I am not renewing. I'm on a fairly limited budget and I don't enjoy it enough to justify spending so much money on a ST and the bevvying that tends to accompany the games, I'll probably go to the odd game though.

I also don't think STs are that good value because I may not make every game due to work, holidays, bowls etc.

bingo70
25-05-2010, 07:30 PM
We have a fans forum on this topic at the Hibs Club next Thursday 3rd June at 7pm. A meeting with Hibs on the Friday. So a poll on the topic would give us some idea of the impact of a new Easter Road with a more vociforous group of fans actively supporting the team on the park.

Let's say the quality of football is the same as the average of last season (A more even spread of results across the year)

But there was mair noise, singing, colour, flags and atmosphere.

Mair music, fun, bouncing and general ragdeness.

And you could look forward to this atmosphere every week

What difference would it make to you ?

If it was just a wee pocket of young guys singing songs when the rest of the crowd wasn't joining in i'd probably find it annoying, for example league cup games against the pisher teams when we normally let younger folk in for cheaper is a complete pain in the arse and puts me off going to the game.

don't understand why colour and flags would make a difference to the enjoyment of the game :dunno:

sorry for being a miserable ******* :greengrin

sixtwo
25-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I think the atmosphere is a result of the performance on the pitch. If the fans can see the players playing with passion and flair, they will get behind them with gusto!Get the product right on the park and everything else ( ticket sales, atmosphere, merchandising) will improve. Sadly, for me, passion and flair have been missing from my trips to Easter Road this year. The team looked easy to beat and they had no fighting spirit. this was reflected in the terraces as fans (myself included) became apathetic!

I'd welcome any moves to improve the atmosphere. the idea of having a ticket for a stand and not a particular seat was a great idea in my opinion. I would love to see that. I would also love to see a hibs team full of players with the same passion as ian murray!

hibernian36
25-05-2010, 09:32 PM
They've got to look at reducing the prices of the season tickets and walk up prices. Surely it makes sense to have more fans at reduced prices which in turn would generate more money within the ground - i.e. catering etc. and in turn more fans = more noise ??? :confused:

bingo70
25-05-2010, 09:37 PM
They've got to look at reducing the prices of the season tickets and walk up prices. Surely it makes sense to have more fans at reduced prices which in turn would generate more money within the ground - i.e. catering etc. and in turn more fans = more noise ??? :confused:

There's no evidence to support cheaper tickets = bigger crowds and more money, every club that has tried it might have had a small increase to start off with but the fact that no club is doing it says it all to me.

Considering our pish TV deal, ticket sales are our main source of income so we need to make the most of it.

I agree with sixtwo, the only way to improve the atmosphere is for the players to lead the way with the performances on the pitch, fair play to the guys that are trying to do something about the atmosphere though, i hope they're successfull, i've just got my doubts unfortunately.

RIP
26-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Just my opinion but results are not the main reason I go to Easter Road. If it was, I wouldn't have followed them in the First Division.

Naw Hibs are a passion, part of my history, in my blood, part of my weekend. And like anything else I do I want to enjoy it. The atmosphere is key to that enjoyment.

I love to be vocal in my support of the team as do many many thousands of other Hibbies. Yet it's really hard to do that sat with a bunch of strangers.

So whilst a better quality of football and mair success on the park is a big bonus any season - it's the whole experience and magic of a trip to see the boys in green that does it for me - win lose or draw. If we were able to improve support for the team and give me mair opportunity to sing dance and act like a radge - even more so:thumbsup:

But in my personal opinion it has to be an activity all supporters can participate in if they want - no just a private group

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Just my opinion but results are not the main reason I go to Easter Road. If it was, I wouldn't have followed them in the First Division.

Naw Hibs are a passion, part of my history, in my blood, part of my weekend. And like anything else I do I want to enjoy it. The atmosphere is key to that enjoyment.

I love to be vocal in my support of the team as do many many thousands of other Hibbies. Yet it's really hard to do that sat with a bunch of strangers.

So whilst a better quality of football and mair success on the park is a big bonus any season - it's the whole experience and magic of a trip to see the boys in green that does it for me - win lose or draw. If we were able to improve support for the team and give me mair opportunity to sing dance and act like a radge - even more so:thumbsup:

But in my personal opinion it has to be an activity all supporters can participate in if they want - no just a private group

I think its fantastic some folk are trying to get the atmosphere back at easter road. Yes the team needs to perform better, but i'm sure they dont go out thinking it would be great to play pish today, that will annoy everyone. They are trying, lets get behind them from day 1 this coming season. Lets have a season of working together, through the good times and the bad ones. We might just make a difference, we might just enjoy it too? There has been far too much negativity at easter road recently, lets turn this round, and get positive, get behind the club, and lets work as a team. Great work everyone involved, the rest of us dont be shy, join in, build the noise up pre match, and lets make easter road a place teams fear coming to.

Mikey
26-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Great work everyone involved, the rest of us dont be shy, join in, build the noise up pre match, and lets make easter road a place teams fear coming to.

Exactly. Don't wait for someone to invite you in. Don't wait for the club to slash prices for that area just to persuade you to come along. Neither of those things are going to happen.

Get off YOUR arse and get a ticket for that area. It's up to YOU to help make it work.

That's YOU. Not SOMEONE ELSE :wink:

If you want to do it don't just think about it or talk about it. DO IT.

RIP
26-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I think its fantastic some folk are trying to get the atmosphere back at easter road. Yes the team needs to perform better, but i'm sure they dont go out thinking it would be great to play pish today, that will annoy everyone. They are trying, lets get behind them from day 1 this coming season. Lets have a season of working together, through the good times and the bad ones. We might just make a difference, we might just enjoy it too? There has been far too much negativity at easter road recently, lets turn this round, and get positive, get behind the club, and lets work as a team. Great work everyone involved, the rest of us dont be shy, join in, build the noise up pre match, and lets make easter road a place teams fear coming to.

So how do Blackpool do it Gary? What role did their fans play in getting them the success they've had this season?

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2010, 06:04 PM
So how do Blackpool do it Gary? What role did their fans play in getting them the success they've had this season?

I have no idea how they have such a great atmosphere? I suppose the two drummers help, but we (hibs fans) dont seem to like that for some reason? Winning obviously helps, i went to the bristol city home game, that got them into the play offs, and it was the best atmosphere i had ever witnessed. Only 12000 there, but they made it special. Nobody seemed shy, young and old were on their feet singing. I get the feeling with some of our support, they seem very shy, very reserved, its not like that at bloomfield road.

RIP
07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry to dig up this old thread but it's tremendous how far we've come since 2010. This poll was taken shortly after the East Stand singing section was announced and prior to the first ever meeting of Hibs12thMan at Sunnyside.

As everyone always says, it's a lot easier to sing when the team are performing well. Maybe having a bunch of girls and guys building up a song repertoire and working up flag displays during two seasons of the worst form in a decade has built character.

There's another monthly meeting of supporters and management at Easter Road at 5.30pm on Wednesday. The volunteers that come along will be brainstorming ideas to improve the football club - big issues, vision, income, retail, matchday, media. It's not a closed meeting so if you fancy coming along to participate or just to observe, please drop me or down-the-slope a wee pm with your real name and contact no

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
07-10-2012, 08:42 PM
A good atmosphere is nice but its what happens on the pitch makes me attend games.

hfc rd
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I only can go to roughly 10/11 games a season as I have moved back home to Manchester now and currently have a utd season ticket. If I had the finances I would definitely have a hibs season ticket as well, but unfortunately I don't.

machibby
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Please urge the club to make bringing a young child (say 12 and under)cheaper. If it was I'd probably go to most home games, but having to pay that extra £12 for a young child just out prices it for me. Know a few people who would go more often if they could get a discounted childs ticket with a full cost adult ticket.