PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle v Hibs Pre -season, confirmed 1/8 (a Sunday)

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 02:16 PM
should be a topper of a day out! Carlisle is magic.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~2058358,00.html

M11BMO
24-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Looking forward to it already :agree:

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 02:21 PM

Ya beauty, should be a great trip.

Baring in mind though they'll probably put out a weak line-up cause it's inbetween our two Europa League games and they won't want any injuries.

jgl07
24-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Hmm. Mid way between the two legs of the Third Round of the Europa League (29/7 and 5/8).

persevere1875
24-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Has this been organised as part of a transfer sweetener bearing in mind the rumours that have been circulating ????

paxtonhibby
24-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Its the 1st of August not the 2nd.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-05-2010, 02:48 PM

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~2058358,00.html (http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361%7E2058358,00.html)

Believe me mate Carlisle ain't magic it's full of bams and anyone travelling there for the game should take extra care especially in the town centre at night, please take this warning seriously as I've been there numerous times in past few years and they have a tasty mob of fans who are pretty wild as well.

Hibbyradge
24-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Its the 1st of August not the 2nd.

Title amended.

Riordans Boots
24-05-2010, 02:54 PM
We haven't planned any summer holidays - so we will be there :notworthy:

Ryan69
24-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Very disappointed with so fars friendlies.....no big games at all!

Usually we play a couple of premiership teams! So far Carlisle is the furthest were going!

Barney McGrew
24-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Believe me mate Carlisle ain't magic it's full of bams and anyone travelling there for the game should take extra care especially in the town centre at night, please take this warning seriously as I've been there numerous times in past few years and they have a tasty mob of fans who are pretty wild as well.

:agree:

Carlisle town centre on the weekend is full of nutcases. Very cheap drink and loads of groups who have been out on the peeve all day is not a good combination.

PaulSmith
24-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Carlisle town centre on the weekend is full of nutcases. Very cheap drink and loads of groups who have been out on the peeve all day is not a good combination.

Agree and they have a very decent mob that has a bit of previous with Hibs through the years.

Riordans Boots
24-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Agree and they have a very decent mob that has a bit of previous with Hibs through the years.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?183924-Official-Site-Carlisle-Friendly-Confirmed&p=2477109#post2477109 :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
24-05-2010, 03:48 PM

:confused:

Not too sure about that - it's up there with Glasgow being a hole! :grr:

Austinho
24-05-2010, 04:17 PM
For years I've traveled all the way from Carlisle to Edinburgh to watch Hibs every week, and now I've actually moved up here, they go and bloody arrange a match in Carlisle!!

Typical! :greengrin

.Sean.
24-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Cannae wait. Should be a cracker!! :greengrin

Doubt it'll be as good as Bolton last year, though. What a day out that was :party::scarf:

Gatecrasher
24-05-2010, 04:26 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100524/carlisle-friendly-confirmed_2262950_2058512
:thumbsup:

H18sry
24-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Returns from as little as £21.00 on trainline :thumbsup:

essexhibee
24-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Any idea/rumours of hibs going to play any premiership opposition, would rather see some english bigger teams?

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 05:49 PM

i'd probably agree with that although the same can be said for most smaller English towns (Luton and Northampton spring to mind).

But ive been down loads and it is a good place for a beer. The Botchergate is right beside the station and there's pubs a plenty (Walkabouts, Lloyds etc) but i fear Hibs will get shunted straight to BP. There are a few pubs beside the ground too. Carlisle's mob are almost all banned from BP and half of them are junkies now anyway, although i'd imagine they will be getting all Leeds united the fact Hibs are coming to town.

Its a shame, but Carlisle IS a damn good place to visit. But you can probably already sniff the scent of hoolies cashing in on this game....

Still, its only 1hr 20mins from Waverley and around £20 return and the pubs are cheaper down there. Surely worth a wee visit:greengrin (just watch the local neds, some dont like us jocks!)

Nameless
24-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Went down a few years ago when they were playing Millwall and had a great time. The locals are good crack, and if you want to avoid bother you will.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Went down a few years ago when they were playing Millwall and had a great time. The locals are good crack, and if you want to avoid bother you will.

i was at same game.

Always had a good rappor with the local lads.

Bit odd with the game being a Sunday, but pubs open bit earlier down there than they do here (around 10am), so we can enjoy a refreshment earlier than normal :greengrin

One wee tip though, i'd probably avoid the Beehive pub (on Warwick Rd near ground) as its strictly a CUFC bar match days, dont think a 000's of screaming jocks would be made too welcome in there :cool2:

Hibs may take over the town though:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Im surprised at the timing of this friendly, given we have UEFA ties on 29th July and 5th August.......

H18sry
24-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Im surprised at the timing of this friendly, given we have UEFA ties on 29th July and 5th August.......

It might have something to do with getting match practice for the fringe players who did not feature in the 1st Europa cup game.

Nameless
24-05-2010, 07:37 PM
i was at same game.

Always had a good rappor with the local lads.

Paul Dodd was trying to get the lads in the boozer to buy him a pint in exchange for some "war stories", the man is just a skag head now.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Paul Dodd was trying to get the lads in the boozer to buy him a pint in exchange for some "war stories", the man is just a skag head now.

aye, seen him and his pals down at Carlisle Rugby club before game, all out their faces and im not sure it was just coke they'd been taking!

BUT they do have other genuine fans who are a good bunch. Trust me!

brydekirk
24-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Hmm. Mid way between the two legs of the Third Round of the Europa League (29/7 and 5/8).
exactly. bad timing if u ask me.

HIBERNIAN 1875
24-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Been told the Cumbrian Police didnt want the game to be on the saturday as they feared there would be too much trouble between the fans in the town centre at night, so thats why its being played on the sunday.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Been told the Cumbrian Police didnt want the game to be on the saturday as they feared there would be too much trouble between the fans in the town centre at night, so thats why its being played on the sunday.

first thing i thought when i saw day and KO time. I reckon the difference between a Sat and a Sun game for Hibs numbers would be pretty big. Still, i think we will take a good 500-700 for this one. Worth taking the Monday off work and making a good day of it :greengrin

brydekirk
24-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Very disappointed with so fars friendlies.....no big games at all!

Usually we play a couple of premiership teams! So far Carlisle is the furthest were going!
hope the first euro tie isnt our first game :rolleyes:

brydekirk
24-05-2010, 08:24 PM
i'd probably agree with that although the same can be said for most smaller English towns (Luton and Northampton spring to mind).

But ive been down loads and it is a good place for a beer. The Botchergate is right beside the station and there's pubs a plenty (Walkabouts, Lloyds etc) but i fear Hibs will get shunted straight to BP. There are a few pubs beside the ground too. Carlisle's mob are almost all banned from BP and half of them are junkies now anyway, although i'd imagine they will be getting all Leeds united the fact Hibs are coming to town.

Its a shame, but Carlisle IS a damn good place to visit. But you can probably already sniff the scent of hoolies cashing in on this game....

Still, its only 1hr 20mins from Waverley and around £20 return and the pubs are cheaper down there. Surely worth a wee visit:greengrin (just watch the local neds, some dont like us jocks!)
been thier a good few times, your right they dont like jocks, and i hate being called one/

Brooster
24-05-2010, 08:28 PM
first thing i thought when i saw day and KO time. I reckon the difference between a Sat and a Sun game for Hibs numbers would be pretty big. Still, i think we will take a good 500-700 for this one. Worth taking the Monday off work and making a good day of it :greengrin

I think you can at least double that figure.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-05-2010, 08:30 PM

hopefully. ill be there

Brooster
24-05-2010, 08:32 PM
hopefully. ill be there

We will run a bus mate.

KingFranck
24-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorted, me and the family booked into Premier Inn 2 mins walk from the ground down on the Saturday, then home after the game.
Looking forward to the Toby Saturday night Carvery already :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 08:48 PM

d'ya reckon? I thought being a Sunday may put a good few folk off?? Heck, if we do take double my figure then they'll open up the Petterrill end (standing behind the goal) and we'd also fill part of the new main stand.

worth reading this for visitng away fans to Carlisle Utd.......

What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?After a short stint in the Petterill End, it would appear that away fans are now mainly housed once again in part of the Cumberland Building Society Stand on one side of the pitch. The facilities and the view of the playing area from the East Stand are good. Steve Barrie adds; 'If away supporters are allocated part of the East Stand, then they will find that they are only separated from home fans by a piece of fabric spread across the seats and a bit of plastic ribbon. It tends to create a lively atmosphere between the two sets of fans and can also be a little intimidating'. If a particularly large following is expected then the Petterrill End terrace can also be opened which houses around 1,700 supporters. Please note though that this end is open to the elements. I personally found the Carlisle fans to be friendly and helpful and had a pleasant afternoon there.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Sorted, me and the family booked into Premier Inn 2 mins walk from the ground down on the Saturday, then home after the game.
Looking forward to the Toby Saturday night Carvery already :thumbsup:

thinking of doing the same thing.:greengrin

KingFranck
24-05-2010, 09:08 PM
thinking of doing the same thing.:greengrin
See you in the Toby for a pint then mate:thumbsup:

.Sean.
24-05-2010, 09:19 PM
We will run a bus mate.
Can we leave really, really, really, really early so we can make a day of it and get mega-pished? Pleeeeease? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-05-2010, 09:20 PM
It's the day before my birthday so that will be a good way to mark it. :thumbsup:

It is a bit strange that the match will be in between our two European games.

eastmainsmsh
25-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Didnt he have a book ??? And always in the media

Hibernia Na Eir
25-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Can we leave really, really, really, really early so we can make a day of it and get mega-pished? Pleeeeease? :greengrin

i dont think pubs open earlier than 10am in Carlisle on Sunday's. You could always phone Carlisle Rugby Club (next to Brunton Park) and see if they are open earlier.
A wee carry-oot on the train will be a good way to pass the 80 mins train journey:greengrin then pub time :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
25-05-2010, 08:58 AM

yes he did.

LancsHibs
25-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Yes. 'England's Number One - The adventures of a serial soccer yob' published by P.I.G Books, there is a chapter in it about when 'Hibs' paid them a visit in the summer of 1997 (Carlisle were playing Falkirk)?

JimBHibees
25-05-2010, 10:50 AM
It's the day before my birthday so that will be a good way to mark it. :thumbsup:

It is a bit strange that the match will be in between our two European games.

Kind of suggests it will be more of a reserve/fringe team squad IMO. Would be madness to be risking anyone important between the 2 ties.

heretoday
25-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Carlisle is a bit of a hole but there are other towns in Cumbria that are nice to visit. Try Maryport or Whitehaven. Even Penrith is ok. Loads of pubs. Great beer. Jennings of Cockermouth comes to mind.

cannastar
25-05-2010, 11:21 AM
i stay here in carlisle and its not as bad as some of you would believe.good pubs some of which will be open early on sunday and as of everywhere if you look for trouble you will find it but in general the carlisle fans are a friendly bunch who do appreciate good footballing teams who come to brunton park.also on the night life scene there has just been an indoor pub nightclub complex called the las vegas strip opened last week it has eight different bars so may well be worth the visit.im looking forward to the match as carlisle try to play on the ground football and have a few decent players.heres hoping that all who come through on the first enjoy there day and all goes peacefully.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Dinkydoo
25-05-2010, 11:32 AM

If your on Bothergate go to Party Party during the day - the place will be dead - all drinks are £1.50 until 8pm :thumbsup:

I go to Carlisle on quite a regular basis and have almost been in a scrap a few times - mainly because my accent I'd imagine. The locals are fannies but I'm fae Dumfries so I can't really say much :faf:

I got started on by some pleb outside the spar in Georgetown (Dumfries) on saturday at 2 in the afternoon for wearing a Hibs top. I walked past and this prat said "Hibs are ****." I replied "Sorry." slightly confused. "Hibs are ****." he says again. "Yeah, whats yer point." He then started with the "Aw diny act hard tae me wee man." So I just told him to **** himself and walked into the shop.

My point being, there are idiots in every walk of life - just remember that some of the Carlisle lot have the whole 'we hate the scots' thing going on. In my experiences anyway.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I've been down there on numerous occasions for overnighters on the bevvy and have never been involved in any bother. I've witnessed some footy related bother on Botchergate though, the worst was probably Carlisle v The Geordies in a pre-season game a couple of seasons ago. I think its like most places, if you look for it you will find it, otherwise, you will just have been unlucky! Anyway quite looking forward to it as long as it doesn't interfere with more important games around about then.

eastmainsmsh
25-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Been down Twice and didnt like it nothing but bother outside walkabout im staying clear :agree: looking down there nose at you for being a jock :grr:

FANNYS

Hibernia Na Eir
25-05-2010, 12:51 PM

If your on Bothergate go to Party Party during the day - the place will be dead - all drinks are £1.50 until 8pm :thumbsup:

I go to Carlisle on quite a regular basis and have almost been in a scrap a few times - mainly because my accent I'd imagine. The locals are fannies but I'm fae Dumfries so I can't really say much :faf:

I got started on by some pleb outside the spar in Georgetown (Dumfries) on saturday at 2 in the afternoon for wearing a Hibs top. I walked past and this prat said "Hibs are ****." I replied "Sorry." slightly confused. "Hibs are ****." he says again. "Yeah, whats yer point." He then started with the "Aw diny act hard tae me wee man." So I just told him to **** himself and walked into the shop.

My point being, there are idiots in every walk of life - just remember that some of the Carlisle lot have the whole 'we hate the scots' thing going on. In my experiences anyway.

my only bit bother was in 1987 (my first visit), when we were paid a visit by a very young BCF mob (neds) at at pub we were in. They heard our accents and we got chased a bit and my mate got a bit strangled from behind by some bam.
But since then ive been loads and not had any "adult" hassle. Like a few here have said, if you look for it you'll get some. I remember Preston being dodgy at night and one or two got picked off, just like any UK town. It happens all over. Carlisle, Dundee, Preston......heck, Hibs seemed to travel to Millwall in good numbers did they not?
Carlisle will be a great day out. :greengrin

Austinho
25-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Lived there for years and never had any problems with having a Scottish accent!

As already stated, if you look for trouble, you'll find trouble. Just be a bit streetwise and you'll be fine.

jgl07
25-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Carlisle always had a reputation for drunkenness.

This was so marked during the First World War that Prime Minister David Lloyd George nationalized all the pubs and breweries in Carlisle. This was related to the huge armaments factory in the area.

The pubs and the local brewery stayed under "State Management" until the early 1970s.

Gala Foxes
25-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Have been there with Leicester twice, last time in December 2008, great trip, good atmosphere, just tread carefully in the town centre

Bostonhibby
25-05-2010, 07:56 PM

:agree: I will definitely do it, family in lake district but, based on experience, night out before or after game in Carlisle. No thanks. Hostile. Hibby day out, and wild night in Keswick or Ambleside for me.

eastmainsmsh
25-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Cant understand why we need to play them judging by peoples experiences in Carlisle

It is full of bams on a sat night trust me ...... even on a monday night i was with the girlfriend in walkabout this bam clearly out his tree heard my jock accent as he kept calling me while getting the drinks he was hassling us :asshole: best if the fans all stick together and take care :thumbsup:

Penrith Hibee
26-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Been out in Carlisle a few times since moving here, it is nothing special and Botchergate is full of people who haven't had a good night out unless it ends in a fight! Don't think they are mad enough to take on a mass of Hibees though but could be interesting....

Antifa Hibs
26-05-2010, 08:28 AM
There are bams everywere. I've had nights out in alot of towns and cities over Britian and none of them are any different, better or worse than the rest. From Blackpool to Edinburgh, Glasgow to London, Liverpool to Manchester, Aberdeen to Newcastle etc etc. Generally lots of people having a good time with a minority of ********s who cannae hold their ale.

Poor patter being picked on for being a jock but TBH it wouldn't surprise me if someone with an English accent would get the same treatment walking down Lothian Road!

Can't wait for this. Should be a cracking trip.

Dinkydoo
26-05-2010, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=Dinkydoo;2477685]

my only bit bother was in 1987 (my first visit), when we were paid a visit by a very young BCF mob (neds) at at pub we were in. They heard our accents and we got chased a bit and my mate got a bit strangled from behind by some bam.
But since then ive been loads and not had any "adult" hassle. Like a few here have said, if you look for it you'll get some. I remember Preston being dodgy at night and one or two got picked off, just like any UK town. It happens all over. Carlisle, Dundee, Preston......heck, Hibs seemed to travel to Millwall in good numbers did they not?
Carlisle will be a great day out. :greengrin

The Border City Firm are nutters - mostly coming from the Raffles area of Carlisle (probably the equivilant to Lochside in Dumfries).

I remember one day I went down to see a film in Carlisle, the day went great, nighttime too. Until the DMP (Dumfires Mental Posse) arrived and it all kicked off between both groups of idiots.

I got my wee arse back on that train as fast as I could :faf:

In all honesty though, as said before, it's no worse than anyother city in the UK - if you're careful, I'm sure you'll be fine.

LancashireHibby
26-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Got stranded in Carlisle on the way back from the Killie away game last season and there were plenty of people from Dumfries and the like who were on the train to go on a night out in Carlisle so doubt there will be too many problems for non-Casuals.

That said, I'd have definitely gone on the Saturday but the Sunday clashes with a Leigh rugby game so doubt I'll be making the trip up.

KingFranck
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Carlisle is a bit of a hole but there are other towns in Cumbria that are nice to visit. Try Maryport or Whitehaven. Even Penrith is ok. Loads of pubs. Great beer. Jennings of Cockermouth comes to mind.

After the tragic events of yesterday think I'll give Whitehaven a miss when we're down there !

Removed
03-06-2010, 10:31 PM
After the tragic events of yesterday think I'll give Whitehaven a miss when we're down there !

Probably statistically nowhere safer to be after the event.

CallumLaidlaw
09-07-2010, 06:36 AM
So, where is everyone going for a drink before the game?
Any coaches booked in anywhere?
We are staying over, so will be having a night out in Carlisle, then want to go to somewhere with loads of other Hibbys before the game :thumbsup:

mjhibby
09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
My dad was from carlisle and indeed his brother is (hye kevin)is still a season ticket holder.Brunton park is a throwback to bygone days with an area called the paddock would you believe.Went to see them in 76 when they were in the old first division and they topped the league after 2 games only to inevitably slide down the league and get relegated.They played leeds with jordan and mcqueen playing and were robbed 2-1 but seen them beat spurs in front of 27,000.Think of the 7-0 game and cram a few more in and that shows you what it was like.Carlisle is as they say a wee sleeping giant and if they got the team then they could attract crowds of 12-15,000 not unlike ourselves.Im sure it was the first town to have one way systems and my dads old house looks like the opening credits of coronation street.
They have a very dry sense of humour but will talk all day about football so all the fans going will have a great time in the pubs.Enjoy.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
We are staying over, so will be having a night out in Carlisle, then want to go to somewhere with loads of other Hibbys before the game :thumbsup:

The Botchergate is THE main drinking street with your usual mixture of Wothersoons, Lloyds, Walkabouts, Moods, Party Party etc etc (have a deek at google streetview), plenty bars and lots of outside seating/beergardens. BUT, thats where Carlisle fans also drink and, whilst i dont expect any bother amongst scarfers, im not sure where our other 'fans' will decide to drink...but i would be v surprised if they are not seen down this street.

When Leeds and Millwall come to town, they arent allowed in Botchergate. I think Hibs will be ok, plus its on a Sunday. All other away fans are usually free to go where they want in Carlsile without the Cumbrian's finest escorting them all the way down to Brunton Park!

The Beehave down Warwick Rd (near stadium) is a staunch CUFC bar so perhaps not one to visit :wink: The rugby club next to Brunton Park is a good place to visit and has beergarden round back.

Im on the 1050 train down on the Sunday, get there for 12 (bars open 10am) :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Plenty pubs in Botchergate, right outside the train station, the police might not want a lot of Hibbies wandering about there though. I was down a couple of years ago when they played a pre-season game v Newcastle and it was a bit naughty, I've also been down in Botchergate when they've played Millwall & Leeds, the police designated pub for away fans is called The Griffin, its a bit of a *****hole, but, been in worse. Hopefully we might be allowed a bit more freedom than that though.

Just saw your post Mikey, great minds think alike!

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Really, really looking forward to this cross-border trip. Early start, a bevvy and it sounds as if the atmosphere will have a wee bit of an edge to it...

Cannae wait :agree:

cheltenhamhibee
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
The Botchergate is THE main drinking street with your usual mixture of Wothersoons, Lloyds, Walkabouts, Moods, Party Party etc etc (have a deek at google streetview), plenty bars and lots of outside seating/beergardens. BUT, thats where Carlisle fans also drink and, whilst i dont expect any bother amongst scarfers, im not sure where our other 'fans' will decide to drink...but i would be v surprised if they are not seen down this street.

When Leeds and Millwall come to town, they arent allowed in Botchergate. I think Hibs will be ok, plus its on a Sunday. All other away fans are usually free to go where they want in Carlsile without the Cumbrian's finest escorting them all the way down to Brunton Park!

The Beehave down Warwick Rd (near stadium) is a staunch CUFC bar so perhaps not one to visit :wink: The rugby club next to Brunton Park is a good place to visit and has beergarden round back.

Im on the 1050 train down on the Sunday, get there for 12 (bars open 10am) :greengrin

i've been up to Carlisle a few times with Cheltenham (yea i know, diddy club) we've always used the Beehive and never had any bother and always been made welcome, dont know if they'd like it to be invaded by the mighty hibees tho

LancsHibs
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
i've been up to Carlisle a few times with Cheltenham (yea i know, diddy club) we've always used the Beehive and never had any bother and always been made welcome, dont know if they'd like it to be invaded by the mighty hibees tho

If I recall correctly the Lancashire Hibs Bus has stopped off at this pub on the way back south a few years back, and we may well be barred!!!!:rolleyes: Sorry folkes, dont blame me:bye:

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
If I recall correctly the Lancashire Hibs Bus has stopped off at this pub on the way back south a few years back, and we may well be barred!!!!:rolleyes: Sorry folkes, dont blame me:bye:
Care to elaborate LancsHibs ya hoolie!?

CallumLaidlaw
10-07-2010, 06:27 AM
The Botchergate is THE main drinking street with your usual mixture of Wothersoons, Lloyds, Walkabouts, Moods, Party Party etc etc (have a deek at google streetview), plenty bars and lots of outside seating/beergardens.

Just had a wee look on the street view. All very handy for a night out. Looks like it's straight to walkabout when we get off the train on Saturday to watch the emirates cup :)
And our travelodge is right at the back of there as well.

Do we know where the hibs buses are going before the game?

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Was that the bombay bob incident? :greengrin

LancsHibs
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Was that the bombay bob incident? :greengrin

It involved general drunken rowdy behaviour (the usual then!), the locals were getting really pi$$ed off, then there was something to do with the telly:confused: can't really remember, just recall having to leave in a hurry!!.................think I was driving the bus!
Were you not there?

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
It involved general drunken rowdy behaviour (the usual then!), the locals were getting really pi$$ed off, then there was something to do with the telly:confused: can't really remember, just recall having to leave in a hurry!!.................think I was driving the bus!
Were you not there?

No mate, i was not. Was there not an incident where Bombay was pished as ****, giving it large about hating England, he thought he was still in Scotland until someone pointed out he was in Carlisle? :faf:

LancsHibs
10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
No mate, i was not. Was there not an incident where Bombay was pished as ****, giving it large about hating England, he thought he was still in Scotland until someone pointed out he was in Carlisle? :faf:

Yeh, maybe he was trying to get STV on the telly:agree:

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeh, maybe he was trying to get STV on the telly:agree:

:faf: Always the diplomat is Bob. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
For all going down by train, bothergate is immediately outside train station (top of road, right turn and thats you) about one minute walk!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Mikey, Stephen Hawkings could walk it in under a min! ;-)

Hibernia Na Eir
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Mikey, Stephen Hawkings could walk it in under a min! ;-)

you'd take the bus, if there were one Colin !

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Only if the driver got off and opened the door to The Griffin for me!

Hibernia Na Eir
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Only if the driver got off and opened the door to The Griffin for me!

:greengrin

lets hope the Hibbies get to frequent more than just (sticky tables pub) The Griffin!

CallumLaidlaw
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
We did have the travelodge booked, but we're cancelled and booked into "the roadhouse" B&B instead. Is on Botchergate, and is £44 for a twin room with fry-up! :thumbsup: happy days

Hibernia Na Eir
13-07-2010, 09:28 AM
We did have the travelodge booked, but we're cancelled and booked into "the roadhouse" B&B instead. Is on Botchergate, and is £44 for a twin room with fry-up! :thumbsup: happy days

Could be fewer Hibbies on the Botchergate on the Sunday....

All depends if Cumbrian Poliz allow the fans coming off the trains into Botchergate (station and Botchergate right next to each other). Leeds and Millwall weren't allowed, hopefully they will allow us though. Its the best place to drink in Carlisle without doubt (Griffin is maybe one to avoid though, quite jakey and seen better days), but Lloyds, Wotherspoons, Walkabouts etc all there AND you can sit outside in some pubs :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm down in Carlisle today, all the Botchergate pubs were full of Geordies, looks like we should be able to do the same.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm down in Carlisle today, all the Botchergate pubs were full of Geordies, looks like we should be able to do the same.

Happy Days, Botchergate here we come in 2 weeks :greengrin

iwasthere1972
17-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Could be fewer Hibbies on the Botchergate on the Sunday....

All depends if Cumbrian Poliz allow the fans coming off the trains into Botchergate (station and Botchergate right next to each other). Leeds and Millwall weren't allowed, hopefully they will allow us though. Its the best place to drink in Carlisle without doubt (Griffin is maybe one to avoid though, quite jakey and seen better days), but Lloyds, Wotherspoons, Walkabouts etc all there AND you can sit outside in some pubs :greengrin

I might not be going. :grr:

ionahibby
17-07-2010, 09:12 PM

Do you know if they allow colours? Was going to wear a strip no point if they don't allow it!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2010, 09:23 PM
geordie strips all over the place!

ionahibby
17-07-2010, 09:27 PM
geordie strips all over the place!

New hibs strip it is then :thumbsup: