PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall

OstKurve Hibs
24-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Anyone heard off this guy, i seen him playin here in oz and think he would be the ideal man to really bolster the midfield n scare the $h!t out the opposition:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoPjYNDbX4Y

The whole vid is good viewin if interested!!! LOL

Bayern Bru
24-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I thought this was an appreciation of the Usher Hall... :greengrin

So he'd play the Matty Jack role? Is he tall enough? :cool2:

OstKurve Hibs
24-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I thought this was an appreciation of the Usher Hall... :greengrin

So he'd play the Matty Jack role? Is he tall enough? :cool2:

Ha ha, aye he is a beast, makes matty jack look like cinderella:greengrin

greenlex
24-05-2010, 01:24 PM
"Monster Monster" or have I got the wrong Hall?

OstKurve Hibs
24-05-2010, 02:56 PM
"Monster Monster" or have I got the wrong Hall?

Not a clue wot u mean m8!

greenlex
24-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Not a clue wot u mean m8!

This guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hall

Distinct lack of video evidence on the cyberweb but he was a bit of a character.

EDIT - found this about 2 mins or so in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dHkftOdEE

sydneyhibee
25-05-2010, 10:34 AM
the guy is a champion, used to play for Sydney in the AFL, now back in Melbourne.

he has a career in boxing ahead of him

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qVLJEOTpo

Big90inOz
25-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Big Bad Barry.... more hearts class than Hibs :cool2:

OstKurve Hibs
25-05-2010, 01:17 PM
the guy is a champion, used to play for Sydney in the AFL, now back in Melbourne.

he has a career in boxing ahead of him

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qVLJEOTpo

Brilliant m8, love watchin him play. Takes no $h!t at all!!! :thumbsup:

ChilliEater
25-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm with Big90 on this one! BBBH (Big Bad Barry Hall) is a thug who takes cheap shots at other players when they're not looking. Then again, when it's Brent Staker it doesn't upset me too much :greengrin

rainman
26-05-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm with Big90 on this one! BBBH (Big Bad Barry Hall) is a thug who takes cheap shots at other players when they're not looking. Then again, when it's Brent Staker it doesn't upset me too much :greengrin

Agreed.

Can't believe he's made it onto Hibs.net. I comment on him every week.

He's a coward and a thug.

OstKurve Hibs
26-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Agreed.

Can't believe he's made it onto Hibs.net. I comment on him every week.

He's a coward and a thug.

I dinny agree wi that, people shouldn't wind him up n they wont get smacked! Simple, most sports r lacking guys wi a bit fight n charachter! BBB #1!!!:wink:

TheUsualSuspect
26-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Barry Hall, would be class signing :greengrin

I knew nothing of AFL when I got here except BH, and he is class. Since he's a forward who do you think he'll be a direct replacement for Nish? BH is i pretty decent scorer. At least when the opposition player went down you know he wouldn't be faking.

As for a coward and a thug, would you care to elaborate. Never heard of him getting into thuggery of the field.

Good too see the AFL only fined him this time :greengrin

OstKurve Hibs
26-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Aye big nish couldnt lace his boots, would be great to av a real fighter like him in the team, but u jus know if he done that in real football he would get hammered for it, imagine he played for us and that was katie thomson in that headlock! Ha ha, we can dream!!!:thumbsup:

SpiderHibs
26-05-2010, 11:03 PM
The media has always had a bit of a love affair with Barry Hall. IMO it's because he takes them back to the days when all players played like that in the 70's and 80's. You just have to look at the campaign to overturn his suspension from the 2005 grand final after he punched Matt Maguire 50m behind play. He also provides the media with lots of great stuff to write about.

Aside from that he is a great player and is one of the highest scoring forwards this season. Can you imagine the outcome if he had been the player the Hearts fan challenged on the pitch in the derby last year? :greengrin

30 seconds into this video shows his most famous incident against Brent Staker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsiuc169_w

OstKurve Hibs
27-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Aye the brent staker one is an absolute peach, the way u jus see his eyes roll b4 he hits the ground! LOL If that was him at *********** i would put my house (if i had one) on that wee jambo phanny leavin on a stretcher n not in cuffs! :agree: Know what u mean bout the media lovin him, i watched a few of my m8's early afl dvd's n its jus utter brutality, worse than hall aswell:agree:. N the games u see on youtube when the aussies played the irish, *****in Mental!!!

Has there been any players like that in real fitba, real dirty bassas? Edmundo was a nutcase as was duncan ferguson and roy keane was a hard player!!!

Canny beleive an afl thread as lasted more than a day on here! LOL

sydneyhibee
27-05-2010, 07:39 AM
you only gotta look at the kind of treatment he gets from defenders to see why he snaps.
imagine playing 2 hours with the kind of thing done in the original video posted (scott thompson from north melbourne).

he is doing well to only lash out once! the defenders niggle constantly, pushing him in the back, punching him, but its him that gets in trouble if he reacts to it!

the brent staker thing wasnt 100% intentional.

p.s. as a born and bred australian i am also very proud that this afl thread has lasted so long.

bighairyfaeleith
27-05-2010, 07:45 AM
So is this guy some sort of rugby player then :confused:

ChilliEater
27-05-2010, 08:12 AM
you only gotta look at the kind of treatment he gets from defenders to see why he snaps.
imagine playing 2 hours with the kind of thing done in the original video posted (scott thompson from north melbourne).

he is doing well to only lash out once! the defenders niggle constantly, pushing him in the back, punching him, but its him that gets in trouble if he reacts to it!

the brent staker thing wasnt 100% intentional.

p.s. as a born and bred australian i am also very proud that this afl thread has lasted so long.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Anyway, this man is God in our house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXKlWOgPDY8

And yeah, I'm lovin' that an AFL thread is still going on here :greengrin

Big90inOz
27-05-2010, 09:59 AM
So is this guy some sort of rugby player then :confused:

nah mate
He's a footie player :greengrin

sydneyhibee
27-05-2010, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=SuffolkHibee;2478914]:faf::faf::faf::faf:

99.9% intentional :wink:

the dockers for the flag?

ChilliEater
27-05-2010, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=SuffolkHibee;2478914]:faf::faf::faf::faf:

99.9% intentional :wink:

the dockers for the flag?

Possible, but unlikely I think. But maybe thats just 35 years as a Hibee that brings out the pessimist in me :wink:

We're playing good stuff just now, but an injury to Sandilands would hammer us. Anyone else, even Pav, we could probably cope with, but there is no genuine back up for the big guy. Loving it while it lasts though. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
27-05-2010, 12:36 PM
nah mate
He's a footie player :greengrin

You mean like a hearts footie player :wink:

He's certainly not hibs class :greengrin

Big90inOz
27-05-2010, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=sydneyhibee;2479033]

Possible, but unlikely I think. But maybe thats just 35 years as a Hibee that brings out the pessimist in me :wink:

We're playing good stuff just now, but an injury to Sandilands would hammer us. Anyone else, even Pav, we could probably cope with, but there is no genuine back up for the big guy. Loving it while it lasts though. :greengrin

One game at a time :greengrin

Hopefully we will not see them do a Hibs in the 2nd half of the season :agree:

Go the Dockers !!!!!

OstKurve Hibs
28-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Aye the dockers r doin well this yr, winnin away in melbourne and i think they beat sydney away aswell and joint top of the league, not sure who my team is yet but kinda like carlton, dunno why tho. I've only been here 5 months but well into afl, gonna live in melbourne next yr for 6 months so will go n c some games. Loads of games live on normal t.v so its easy to follow aswell!!!
Full of nutters aswell who always gettin done for fightin in clubs n that, reminds of some players from the a certain club we all love:thumbsup:

KWJ
28-05-2010, 06:43 AM
guys an animal!

He was pretty good fun on the footy show though, sam was great with him.

Mon the Bombers!

SpiderHibs
28-05-2010, 12:04 PM
... not sure who my team is yet but kinda like carlton, dunno why tho.

Read up on the last ten years of Carlton's history. One of my least favourite times due to the way they have constructed their team.

Mon the Bombers!

Just watching them play just now. Leading the Bulldogs towards half time.

OstKurve Hibs
28-05-2010, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=SpiderHibs;2479901]Read up on the last ten years of Carlton's history. One of my least favourite times due to the way they have constructed their team.

What did they do, i had a quick look on google n wiki n cant find anything bout it m8?

ChilliEater
28-05-2010, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=SpiderHibs;2479901]Read up on the last ten years of Carlton's history. One of my least favourite times due to the way they have constructed their team.

What did they do, i had a quick look on google n wiki n cant find anything bout it m8?

Eh, cheated basically. Breached the salary cap twice. I have precious little respect for them. If you're looking for SPL analogies, I place Collingwood and Carlton in the Huns/Diet Huns category. West Coast i also relate to the Yams. They even have an "I believe" ad campaign going. Despicable corporate entity that they are. When it comes to fans, Collingwood take the biscuit for single-celled, rancid low-life.

OstKurve Hibs
29-05-2010, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=OstKurve Hibs;2479926]

Eh, cheated basically. Breached the salary cap twice. I have precious little respect for them. If you're looking for SPL analogies, I place Collingwood and Carlton in the Huns/Diet Huns category. West Coast i also relate to the Yams. They even have an "I believe" ad campaign going. Despicable corporate entity that they are. When it comes to fans, Collingwood take the biscuit for single-celled, rancid low-life.

My cousins boyfriend is a bombers fan n he detests collingwood, also heard stories bout their fans spittin on opposing players n that. very yam/hun indeed!!!

Big90inOz
29-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Big Barry looked like a first gamer last night who had butter on his fingers, guy couldn't catch a cold.

SpiderHibs
30-05-2010, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=OstKurve Hibs;2479926]

They also hung around the bottom of the ladder to pick up high draft picks. They are a very arrogant club. No where near as arrogant as Collingwood who believe everything revolves around them and without them the league is nothing. They regularly dictate to the AFL how things should be and everyone else has to fall into line. They also only leave Melbourne four times a year!

ChilliEater
30-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Not long in from the Dockers game. Absolutely flogged North Melbourne. We should get Hayden Ballantyne over to Hibs - he'd show our midget midfielders a thing or two about how "it's not the size of the dog in the fight......" 5'6" of body, 7'10" of attitude :greengrin

Hermit Crab
30-05-2010, 01:01 PM
That blokes honey nut loops! :crazy: