Gatecrasher
24-05-2010, 11:09 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-face-new-season-with.6314606.jp

seems like a lot of work to do for 10/11

matty_f
24-05-2010, 11:30 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-face-new-season-with.6314606.jp

seems like a lot of work to do for 10/11

There will be some that I think the club will let run down in order to bring in more people the following season. I think there's a good few names that will hopefully get sorted out soon, though...

stubru59
24-05-2010, 12:01 PM
There's nobody on that list likely to dismay the fans. The obvious candidates such as Bamba will be gone before the season starts.

Riordon will hold out to see what is on offer. Unless Hogg gets his act together, he'll be left to fade into distant obscurity.

Jones28
24-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I just wonder what Danny Galbraith and Kurtis Byrne will be thinking.

What does Danny have to do to get a game? Or even get on the park? If scoring the winning goal away against Celtic isnt it then what is?

My point is why would he want to stay?

Byrne may be different, but he's looking at Galbraith, a young forward who's scored a winner vs Celtic not getting played at all, especially towards the end of the season. He's certainly a talented laddie, but weve got 3 strikers who've scored 60 goals between them all season. What would he have to stay for?

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Hopefully we can renew some in the summer as i can't see us renewing about 10 contracts throughout the season.

down-the-slope
24-05-2010, 07:46 PM
plently opportunity for Yogi to shape the squad now..its hard inheriting and having to take a few windows to get closer to what you want. It will be opportunity to dump some and ask others to play for a new deal.....

oldbutdim
26-05-2010, 12:01 AM
There's nobody on that list likely to dismay the fans. The obvious candidates such as Bamba will be gone before the season starts.

Riordon will hold out to see what is on offer. Unless Hogg gets his act together, he'll be left to fade into distant obscurity.

Deek wants to stay. I think that's common knowledge no?
Compromises are always possible, but it requires willing participants.

I just wonder what Danny Galbraith and Kurtis Byrne will be thinking.

What does Danny have to do to get a game? Or even get on the park? If scoring the winning goal away against Celtic isnt it then what is?

My point is why would he want to stay?

Byrne may be different, but he's looking at Galbraith, a young forward who's scored a winner vs Celtic not getting played at all, especially towards the end of the season. He's certainly a talented laddie, but weve got 3 strikers who've scored 60 goals between them all season. What would he have to stay for?

Scoring one goal doesn't make a career.
Neither young lad is a finished article yet. If they want to stay and develop their careers at Hibs then great. If on the other hand they think they are better than that then good luck lads.

mjhibby
26-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Deek wants to stay. I think that's common knowledge no?
Compromises are always possible, but it requires willing participants.

Scoring one goal doesn't make a career.
Neither young lad is a finished article yet. If they want to stay and develop their careers at Hibs then great. If on the other hand they think they are better than that then good luck lads.

How many young players at around 19,20 have left hibs and gone onto bettr things.Noy many i would think and players like damon gray and ross campbell who many thought were destined for the top havent cut the mustard.Hibs are usually right if a player is going to make it and while ive been pleasently surprised at wotherspoons progress byrnes lack of progress has surprised me as he looked the one from the under 19s who would have made it as he seemed to time his runs so well and seemed to be ahead of schedule.Admittedly the front players have been banging the goals in but hopefully a loan spell at say raith or cowdenbeath will get him in contention.Most clubs hope to get one or two players through each season from the under 19s so lets see who makes the breakthrough like wotherspoon has done this season.Booth seems to be the one most people think will do it but not many though wotherspoon would burst onto the scene the way he did so lets just wait and see.

mjhibby
26-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Who yogi keeps,transfers or lets their contracts run down should be very interesting to watch over the next six to 12 months.In the case of bamba it would seem to be accepted he is going for a big fee the only thing is timing and how soon after the world cup it happens.With the keepers i would think only one will be kept on and for me it will be stack though he does seems to be injury prone.Deeks contact will be a soap opera of newspaper stories but im sure he has learnt his lesson from his time at celtic and will stay.Of the rest only millar and zemmamma would be the players i would really strive to keep and in millars case will depend on who we sign and how we fare next season.Hopefully both will stay and with 3 or 4 new signings and youngsters like booth pushing the 1st team we will have a stronger team going into the season.
The fact that so many players have only 1 year left is what yogi inherited but gives him a great oppurtunity to stamp his own mark on the team and get his type of player in.I for one think it is a plus so many are playing for new contracts so lets see who picks up their game and whose contacts he lets run down and are let go.

Hibs On Tour
26-05-2010, 09:17 PM
plently opportunity for Yogi to shape the squad now..its hard inheriting and having to take a few windows to get closer to what you want. It will be opportunity to dump some and ask others to play for a new deal.....

Exactly. Considering how pish the end of the season was and how poor we feel our overall squad is, its hardly the worst position to be in is it? Less chance of getting lumbered with muppets on long-term deals taking up money which would be better spent on good new players coming in.

We keep our 'big hitters' - IM, DR, AS [if possible], LM along with whoever else Yogi is plumping for - clearly some people will go [most already have IMO] and some will no doubt come in. We then get the big hitters and those we want to keep tied onto longer deals [i.e. 3 year minimum]

We end up with a squad on mainly 2-3 year deals [thereby worth something if people come in with silly bids] and can hopefully make a go of trying to keep a good nucleaus together for 2-3 years and push on this time.

Think the work done already in terms of those let go is a sensible start. Lets see who Yogi can get in during this window and at the same time get the likes of DR etc tied down on 3 year deals.

:agree:

mjhibby
27-05-2010, 07:15 AM
wonder why they went at twenty past seven pm? seems strange to be so precise when leaving.

Glad that tickled your funny bone.:greengrin

hfc rd
27-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Really hope that we get those players tied up on long term deals. We just cannot afford to lose talented players like Deeks, Gailbraith etc for nothing. If their are no contracts offered before December then I totally fear for the worst and we could have a very inexperienced squad for the 2011/2012 season. Their are definitely going to be lots of other clubs watching those 14 out of contract players and that is how I hope we get them tied up.