PDA

View Full Version : Question Is it me or that champs league final was murder

Cameron1875
23-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Thought that was a shocking game and hopefully the english teams are back on the big stage next year :greengrin

Haymaker
23-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Thought that was a shocking game and hopefully the english teams are back on the big stage next year :greengrin

Really? :confused:

Ryan69
23-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Inter are a boring team to watch, 2nd leg against Barca I'd be surprised if they had a shot on goal! Its better when 2 teams attack eachother!

cad
23-05-2010, 06:57 AM
I would pay to be bored like that every week ,
solid defending ,great passing ,quality finishing.

hibsbollah
23-05-2010, 07:01 AM

I was watching it in the pub and probably missed a fair bit of it but it looked pretty good to me:confused: Some of Inters build up play in the 1st half especially.

7Hero
23-05-2010, 07:21 AM
great final and 2 excelent goals my milito.

:top marks

nonshinyfinish
23-05-2010, 07:37 AM

No, remember it's farcical 6-6 draws that make for great games... :rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2010, 07:43 AM

didnt think it was too bad.clinical play by inter at times.wanted bayern to win but the better team won.

Golden Bear
23-05-2010, 07:49 AM
The game had the same level of excitement as a cauld fish supper. There were times last night when I thought some of Bayern's play resembled Hibs on a bad day -over elaborate across the park passing with no particular plan in mind!

Give me the football in the raw aspect of the SPL anyday.

cad
23-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Ribery missing was the difference for me ,Roben could do only so much on his own

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2010, 07:52 AM
JOSE IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND. plain and simple. Can u magine if we had him in charge at easter rd!! Something tells me we would not be drawing 6-6 with motherwell...

Part/Time Supporter
23-05-2010, 07:52 AM
That game was evidence of the Largs mafia influence on Mourinho

:agree:

Golden Bear
23-05-2010, 08:04 AM
JOSE IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND. plain and simple. Can u magine if we had him in charge at easter rd!! Something tells me we would not be drawing 6-6 with motherwell...

Or scoring six in the first place.

:wink:

Gatecrasher
23-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't have called it boring but the Blackpool game was much better

heidtheba
23-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Or scoring six in the first place.

:wink:

A Yam mate told me that whilst Jose is known as the 'Special One' they call Yogi the 'Special Needs One'...:bitchy:

Kevvy1875
23-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Were the Yams not playing in the final then?

Im confused:rolleyes:

TheMentalHibees
23-05-2010, 10:58 AM
As has been said, I'd rather watch Inter's football than Bayern's. For the first 25 mins of the second half, Bayern had nearly all the possession and probably should have been in front, and then boom: Inter put them to the sword with an incisive breakaway. Game over at 2-0. Even their first goal was a long ball. Mourinho knows his stuff, his team might not be pretty to watch most of the time, but one look at their record this season tells you all you need to know.

I struggle to see how supporters would sacrifice 3 points for some pretty football, I mean after all, are we not attending matches in the hope our team win? If you turn up with the attitude of "as long as we play some nice football, the outcome doesn't really bother me", then you may as well not go. I'd be interested to see the outcome of a poll asking fans whether they would rather watch attractive football or successful football.

SloopJB
23-05-2010, 12:48 PM
It's you

JimBHibees
23-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Think it is you. Only saw the second half but looked a decent game. Different styles and looked
an intriguing match. We did have an English team in last years final and they were outclassed while the Chelsea Utd final probably could be put under the 'shocking' category.

seanraff07
23-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I did say before the match that if Inter score first then it could be a pretty boring game as they will sit back and defend their lead well. To be honest their run against Chelsea, Barca and Bayern to win the cup has been down to the defence mainly, they really have been a brick wall in that run of games. And must be in the league too as they won it and another cup. Mourinho done the same at Chelsea, they were never exciting to watch but he won them the EPL twice. And if he goes to Real Madrid which looks likely then no doubt he will win them trophies too, possibly even La Liga although i can't see past Barca at the moment.

Although what bugged me about the game was that after it, it was Mourinho this, Mourinho that, they barely even mentioned or showed the actual players that won the game. The English seem to have an obsession with him cause he used to manage Chelsea and has been linked with Man.Utd before. And goodness knows how many times they mentioned him going to Real Madrid in the last 15 minutes, even though he hasn't officially went yet.

Cameron1875
23-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Think it is you. Only saw the second half but looked a decent game. Different styles and looked
an intriguing match. We did have an English team in last years final and they were outclassed while the Chelsea Utd final probably could be put under the 'shocking' category.

:confused: That game went end to end with United missing about 3 great chances in the first half, chelsea hitting post and bar, united having shot cleared of the line in extra time, a red card, and a penalty shootout. That was hardly a shocker man.

Its just i keep hearing about bayern having so much possession etc but all i saw was them just passing side to side and it seemed like they desperately missed Ribery.

bingo70
23-05-2010, 01:46 PM
:confused: That game went end to end with United missing about 3 great chances in the first half, chelsea hitting post and bar, united having shot cleared of the line in extra time, a red card, and a penalty shootout. That was hardly a shocker man.

Its just i keep hearing about bayern having so much possession etc but all i saw was them just passing side to side and it seemed like they desperately missed Ribery.

IMO there doesn't need to be lots of goal mouth action for it to be a great game.

I really enjoyed it last night as Munich kept the ball, kept passing trying to find space and Inter stood firm, other teams attacking would have just launched hopefull balls into the box and other teams defending would have broken and lost there discipline having to defend for so long.

Really enjoyed the game, up until Inter got there 2nd it could have gone either way, was a better quality game of football than many i've seen with lots of goals being scored or chances created.

Removed
23-05-2010, 02:01 PM

No way could you say that was a shocking game - I fair enjoyed it and for once was glad there wasn't an English team in the final. Greatest league in the world :blah: :blah: :blah:

Felt sorry for Robben, he is a different class and maybe he might drive the Dutch on in the WC. Really looking forward to that now.

hibiedude
23-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Next years final is at Wembley so let's all pray that's the only part the English play

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2010, 03:20 PM
If Morhinio goes to Real, he'll have to change the culture of the club to suit his own style. I think he succeeded at Porto and Inter because he was able to take control and build proper organised teams within the constraints of a budget, and wasn't under pressure too make big promenade signings as he probably would be at Real, and definitely was at Chelsea when Abramovic wanted to make his mark.

Yes, it was techincally proficient and highly skillful, but also pretty dull. A long-term dynasty of Inter Milan type sides dominating club football would certainly get me rushing for cinema tickets.

heretoday
23-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, games at the top in europe are often like that. Both teams tend to defend from the front and are adept at closing down opponents. Chelsea weren't pretty to watch under Mourinho and even Man Utd can be dull to watch when they are stoppng the other team from playing. You can still admire the skill though.

Mourinho's welcome to try his hand at ER. Don't care if it's boring to watch!

SRHibs
23-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Yep, I thought it was pretty crap tbh. Mainly because as soon as Inter got the first goal it was essentially game over due to their amazing defence.
If Bayern had scored first it would've been 10x better.

twiceinathens
23-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Interesting rather than entertaining or exciting. But how many finals are for the neutral, and if you are a supporter of either team an own goal in the last minute of injury time means it is all worth while:thumbsup:. I am looking forward to the world cup but the chances are there will be a fair amount of negative play and frankly turgid stuff as teams try to avoid defeat rather than actually winning individual games:bitchy:.However like everyone else I can always dream of a pulsating high scoring final.:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I thought it was decent up until the point Inter took the lead and then their was only going to be one winner. Bayern Munich were very disappointing in the second half and bar Robben, had little creativity.

Mourinho is a master of making the most of what he has but if he goes to Real Madrid, I hope Barca and their more entertaining style of football hump them.

heretoday
23-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd be interested to see what Mourinho would make of a national side where he didn't have so much time to mould them into a Chelsea/Inter type team.

Get your money on Portugal for WC 2022!

jdships
23-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Wouldn't place it my top five Euro Finals
The thinking behind Bayern's over elaboration across the park and their passing with no particular plan in mind was baffling.
Inter just sat back and waited for the inevitable mistake.
Better team won in the end.

scoopyboy
23-05-2010, 08:08 PM
IMO good champion league finals are few and far between.

I watched the Spanish Cup final on Wednesday and it was excellent, end to end stuff with lots of one touch football. Streets ahead of last night.

Mickey Edwards
23-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I thought the skill of Sneider and Milito was sublime and the sheer excellence of Cambiasso's football brain was tremendous......... I personally thought Inter were tremendous and it was great to watch ...their attacking was phenomenal......as Mourinho says if you're in possession move fast, think fast and be dangerous.
For me , excellence under pressure is entertaining.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2010, 08:27 PM
No way could you say that was a shocking game - I fair enjoyed it and for once was glad there wasn't an English team in the final. Greatest league in the world :blah: :blah: :blah:

Felt sorry for Robben, he is a different class and maybe he might drive the Dutch on in the WC. Really looking forward to that now.

Agreed B but he's also a diving bassa and far too keen on gesticulating to the ref in trying to get opponents booked

--------
24-05-2010, 09:19 AM

It wasn't a hugely exciting game, but there was plenty of decent play to enjoy; Inter are a very good side indeed, and I'd far rather watch them than the English teams.

One good thing was that the morons with the microphones had to actually commentate, rather than just slavering on about how good English football is....

No, I do NOT want to see the English teams back in the Final next year.

TheMentalHibees
24-05-2010, 09:24 AM

He's a diving ****, him and Pandev tried their best to outdo each other in the 90 minutes.

--------
24-05-2010, 09:29 AM
He's a diving ****, him and Pandev tried their best to outdo each other in the 90 minutes.

No worse than Gerrard.

HibbyRod
24-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought the skill of Sneider and Milito was sublime and the sheer excellence of Cambiasso's football brain was tremendous......... I personally thought Inter were tremendous and it was great to watch ...their attacking was phenomenal......as Mourinho says if you're in possession move fast, think fast and be dangerous.
For me , excellence under pressure is entertaining.

Am I right in thinking that Cambiasso has not made the pool of players in the Argentina squad? I'm sure one of the commentators said this during/at the end of the match. :confused:

Rossco442
24-05-2010, 09:44 AM
I did say before the match that if Inter score first then it could be a pretty boring game as they will sit back and defend their lead well. To be honest their run against Chelsea, Barca and Bayern to win the cup has been down to the defence mainly, they really have been a brick wall in that run of games. And must be in the league too as they won it and another cup. Mourinho done the same at Chelsea, they were never exciting to watch but he won them the EPL twice. And if he goes to Real Madrid which looks likely then no doubt he will win them trophies too, possibly even La Liga although i can't see past Barca at the moment.

Although what bugged me about the game was that after it, it was Mourinho this, Mourinho that, they barely even mentioned or showed the actual players that won the game. The English seem to have an obsession with him cause he used to manage Chelsea and has been linked with Man.Utd before. And goodness knows how many times they mentioned him going to Real Madrid in the last 15 minutes, even though he hasn't officially went yet.

I agree with much of what you're saying but I don't really buy into this theory that Mourinho made Chelsea "boring". From what I remember the Chelsea team with the likes of Drogba up front and Robben and Duff playing off him with Lampard, Essien and J Cole in the middle was full of flair and goals, albeit built on a water-tight defence. They were regularily demolishing teams 4, 5, 6 nil on numerous occasions, especially at Stamford Bridge.

What I think makes Mourinho a master tactician is that he has engineered a different type of team in Inter and has got them playing the way they had to win Serie A and Champs League. There is no doubt he will become the first coach to win the Champs League with 3 different clubs, possible more.

Rossco442
24-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Am I right in thinking that Cambiasso has not made the pool of players in the Argentina squad? I'm sure one of the commentators said this during/at the end of the match. :confused:

Think I heard that too. Unbelievable if true. When will the Argentines realise that Maradona may have been one of the best players ever but he is one of the crappiest coaches around? I predict Argentina will fail miserably at the WC.

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Agreed B but he's also a diving bassa and far too keen on gesticulating to the ref in trying to get opponents booked

I also think he's being played out of position at RM.

I know he can cut in onto his left to shoot easier but it was frustrating to see a player with such talent not even having the option of crossing the ball cause he's reluctant to use his right foot at all.

And it meant by the time he got the ball onto his left foot to cross it, Inter's defence was already organised. I think he'd be a lot more well used out on the left cause he could immediately whip in crosses when the defence aren't ready for it yet, it will be interesting to see what side he plays on for Holland at the WC.

ekhibee
24-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Mourinho seems to have found his niche with teams like Porto, and to a lesser extent Inter. He was successful with Chelsea as well, winning the EPL twice, but it could be he just thrives on the control he has on a team that wasn't made up of multi-million pound players, and that he can shape them more easily than some of the primadonnas in 'bigger' sides. I suppose you could make a small comparison here- Jeffries and Levein, both proven in the SPL, the minute they were given money to spend down south they were both pretty woeful when they tried their hand down south. I do think Mourinho is an extremely adaptable manager as well, and right now I rate him as the best on the planet in terms of what he's achieved in the CL.
I thought the game wasn't bad at all, although I did think Bayern's defending for the first goal was dreadful. Although I am, and always will be a Hibs fan, used to watching a team that do try and play, for the most part, pretty entertaining stuff, Inter Milan winning the CL this year emphasized the necessity not of just a good strikeforce, but a really solid defence, something we just don't have, and haven't had for some time. Inter might not be the team for the purists, who would love to see teams play like, for example, the 1970 and 1982 Brazil national teams,but in terms of winning things it is something we need to learn from for the future, as consecutive Hibs managers seem to be oblivious to defensive frailties which seem to be blatantly obvious to people not involved in football management. I'm just a ordinary punter like most of you, who follows the team through thick and thin, and I truely hope that this problem, once and for all, will be addressed.