PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Ian Holloway!

since90plustwo
22-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Just to say well done. Hes taken a mediocre side and turned them into a great footballing side. Dont think they will survive tbh but well done. Could'nt happen to a nicer guy!

essexhibee
22-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Charlie Adam - need we say more about his work with players,

HibbyAndy
22-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Holloway- Absolute fantastic manager and a personality to die for.

Well done the Seasiders.

--------
22-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Holloway- Absolute fantastic manager and a personality to die for.

Well done the Seasiders.

They'll get murdered next season....

.... but it was a cracking game and they well-deserved it. :agree:

stubru59
22-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Just to say well done. Hes taken a mediocre side and turned them into a great footballing side. Dont think they will survive tbh but well done. Could'nt happen to a nicer guy!

Ditto.

Will undoubtedly struggle but the best of luck to them.

Keith_M
22-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Can't wait to see Chelski's millionaires playing here (http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=fotos&id=1085&page=1) next season. I especially like the behind the goals stand in the 6th photo.

:greengrin

The Mook
22-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Can't wait to see Chelski's millionaires playing here (http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=fotos&id=1085&page=1) next season. I especially like the behind the goals stand in the 6th photo.

:greengrin

I think theyre already planning to extend it for next season but aye, the likes of Chelski will get a shockerooni :agree:

BT58
22-05-2010, 05:50 PM
well done to the BLACKPOOL,,,,,, let em enjoy theirselves,,,,,,
only downside i can see is that im sure deeks was linked on going there
now can you imagine deeks playing in the PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!
if hes no gonna stay with us, then good luck to the both of em
hb
ps the deeks thing is probably WRONG, but you never know

Phil D. Rolls
22-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Well done Blackpool, a fantastic story. I used to have a soft spot for them due to my sister being related to Tom White (brother of the late John, and sometime BFC Chairman). Strikes me, they could do well out of football tourism if they market the thing properly.

BullbreedHFC
22-05-2010, 06:57 PM
WELL DONE....... Ian Holloway and the Blackpool team, great match :thumbsup:

HibeeUnderwood
23-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Well Done Holloway! :greengrin

All the best next season! :agree:

Gala Foxes
23-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Certainly appears to have recovered from the shambles of a season he led at Leicester in 2007/2008 when he became the first manger in the 125 year history of LCFC to take the Foxes in to Division 3.

hibsbollah
23-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I was living in Bristol when he was Rovers manager in the 90s. He used to go to training on the bus and chatted away with anyone and everyone. Not like a football manager at all.

HibbyAndy
23-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Certainly appears to have recovered from the shambles of a season he led at Leicester in 2007/2008 when he became the first manger in the 125 year history of LCFC to take the Foxes in to Division 3.

Maybe he inherited a shight bunch of players?

He actually commented on that situation yesterday after taking Blackpool to the Premier LG, Said the players had stopped listning to him at Leciester..IMO he is a great manager, Leicester's loss is certainly Blackpool's gain.

Gala Foxes
23-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe he inherited a shight bunch of players?

He actually commented on that situation yesterday after taking Blackpool to the Premier LG, Said the players had stopped listning to him at Leciester..IMO he is a great manager, Leicester's loss is certainly Blackpool's gain.

Don't imagine it would be easy to work under a slippery individual like Mandaric - that said the end of that season was a shocker - I was at the last game at Stoke when we went down. fair play and respect to him for a tremendous season for a pretty unfashionable team that was tipped to go down

HibbyAndy
23-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Don't imagine it would be easy to work under a slippery individual like Mandaric - that said the end of that season was a shocker - I was at the last game at Stoke when we went down. fair play and respect to him for a tremendous season for a pretty unfashionable team that was tipped to go down

Yip,2nd favourites after Scunthorpe..Truly remarkable what he has done with the seasiders, He's now put blackpool on the map in terms of revenue..The likes of Arsenal Man u Chelsea will take mega fans down and stay overnight and pump loads of cash into the holiday destination place that is Blackpool..

They aint got a ***** hope of hell of surviving in the EPL, But boy what a season there fans are in for.

Hibby Bairn
23-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Cue carnage in Blackpool next year. It'll be like 19 bank holiday weekends. A place to avoid I would think.

In terms of football they look a better side than Burnley so they might surprise a few folk esp. once they have improved the squad.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2010, 09:27 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Holly goes spending mad to try and keep them up

Good luck to him and his boys I say :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Anyone know why their seats are red when they play in orange?? :confused: A couple of those stands in the pictures are on a par with the asbestos stand at Tynie.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2010, 10:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Holly goes spending mad to try and keep them up

Good luck to him and his boys I say :thumbsup:

You don't know much about Blackpool John.:wink: Oyston makes Petrie look like Viv Nicholson, the spend spend spend pools winner :greengrin. They will finish the ground, get a new training centre, a few new players, but nothing that will bankrupt them. This will set the club up for years. As you say john, good luck to them. :top marks I still cant believe they are in the premiership. Each time i hear it, i still laugh, it is unbelievable. :faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
23-05-2010, 10:17 PM
You don't know much about Blackpool John.:wink: Oyston makes Petrie look like Viv Nicholson, the spend spend spend pools winner :greengrin. They will finish the ground, get a new training centre, a few new players, but nothing that will bankrupt them. This will set the club up for years. As you say john, good luck to them. :top marks I still cant believe they are in the premiership. Each time i hear it, i still laugh, it is unbelievable. :faf::faf:

I was down watching them some time ago G - it was Charlie (you'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent) Adam's debut and they were playing Doncaster (Deano was out injured sadly. I loved the atmosphere the fans generated and felt it was far superior to the likes of Wigan or Blackburn fans generate in their bigger stadiums.

Might pop down for a game or two next season :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
23-05-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBgp_LaPWc

Fantastic stuff:faf:

Jonnyboy
23-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Priceless :faf:

Removed
23-05-2010, 10:59 PM

:faf: Canny wait for some more of that on MOTD

iwasthere1972
23-05-2010, 11:00 PM

On that basis the entire Hibs team have "pulled" some mingers on most of their Saturday night outings up town.

Quality interview. Beats all this "focused" and "110%" cliches we hear week in week out.

Good luck Blackpool.

Hibs fans supporting orangemen. :hilarious

Winston Ingram
23-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Apparently when they build their new stand it will take their capacity up to a massive 16000.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Apparently when they build their new stand it will take their capacity up to a massive 16000.

Will the stands all be the same height as each other.

RoslinInstHibby
24-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Will the stands all be the same height as each other.

and the same colour?

Haymaker
24-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I love his badger comments after one game "I feel like a badger at the beginning of mating season, I mean badgers only get one chance per year to mate so they go all out dont they? Badgers are great."

seanraff07
24-05-2010, 05:29 PM
and the same colour?

And all the same distance between eachother?