Anybody else a wee bit lost and confused? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
21-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Anybody else a wee bit lost and confused? :confused:

What are you not sure about mate?

.Sean.
21-05-2010, 09:05 PM
What are you not sure about mate?
What happened to them at the end when they walked inside the pub?

Danderhall Hibs
21-05-2010, 09:15 PM
What happened to them at the end when they walked inside the pub?

I took that to be them going to heaven.

.Sean.
21-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I took that to be them going to heaven.
Hmmm, could be the case. Had they went with Keats could it have been Hell? You heard screaming when the lift door opened...

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Hmmm, could be the case. Had they went with Keats could it have been Hell? You heard screaming when the lift door opened...

That's my take on it.:agree:

And the next guy comes in at the end and it starts all over again. Better than the end of the US version of Life on Mars.

rightwinger
21-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah the ending was that they were all dead coppers - inc Gene Hunt.

Alex died as soon as she came back at the beginning of the series. The last series was about them finding out the truth about Gene Hunt's world.

Gene Hunt is the guy dead coppers go to to face their demons before they go to heaven/hell. In his world they get all the answers from their own lives (what happened to their parents, for example).

Gene Hunt's team all departed at the end and he returned to the office to find another 'Sam Tyler' type in replacement.

The twist was that only Sam and Alex knew they were not in the real world. The others had been there so long they'd forgotten.

.Sean.
21-05-2010, 10:55 PM
My take on it:

Gene kinda processes the good guys from the bad guys. He takes the good guys to heaven (via the Railway Arms) wheras Keats takes them to Hell, via the lift.

Few things I never got was how did Ray, Chris and Shaz forget everything? How did Sam and Alex go to Gene when they weren't dead? And when did they die?

.Sean.
21-05-2010, 10:56 PM
What happened at the end of the US version of LOM?

hibbytam
21-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Heaven is a pub. Definitely could live with that. Does this mean Nelson is God?

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2010, 11:38 PM
What happened at the end of the US version of LOM?

Thry were all astronauts on a mission to mars. The characters were all virtual reality versions of the astronauts created by the computer whilst they slept, it was a bit naff.

Also, despite being a great actor Harvey Keitel's Gene Hunt just wasn't as good as Philip Glenisters. Maybe it was just the way the US portrayed him.

Greentinted
23-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Spoiler Alert but explanation here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1280359/Ashes-To-Ashes-Im-arresting-murdering-Quattro--Gene-Hunt-makes-bow-finale.html

Wembley67
24-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Absolutely fantastic television, get it fired up on the iplayer...really sad to see its going :boo hoo:

.Sean.
24-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Spoiler Alert but explanation here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1280359/Ashes-To-Ashes-Im-arresting-murdering-Quattro--Gene-Hunt-makes-bow-finale.html
Pretty much what I worked out :agree:

But a world for dead Polis... Would never have thought the ending would've been that.

Ed De Gramo
24-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Had a feeling that was the gonna be the ending....also worked out that there was something iffy about Keats