PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings?

since90plustwo
21-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Who would you like to see in the hibs shirt, and who would you want to see leave?

Gus Fring
21-05-2010, 05:34 PM
If all these rumours are to be believed then it would seem we'll end up with most of our old squad back again

KiddA
22-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Who would you like to see in the hibs shirt, and who would you want to see leave?

Chris Hogg OUT Rob Jones IN :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
22-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Nae idea who is coming in, but think Bamba will be away after the world cup, Riordan might be away if we get an offer in excess of 1.5million, stokes will surely attract a bid.

Think Nish might be away as well, suspect a few teams might try and nick him.

Unfortunately I just don't see anyone bidding for rankin:grr:

Hope to see more youngsters getting a chance next season, hopefully we will sign two experienced defenders and a good holding central midfielder. Hopefully hughes is in madrid tonight looking for fresh faces:greengrin

Beefster
22-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Nae idea who is coming in, but think Bamba will be away after the world cup, Riordan might be away if we get an offer in excess of 1.5million, stokes will surely attract a bid.

Hope to see more youngsters getting a chance next season, hopefully we will sign two experienced defenders and a good holding central midfielder. Hopefully hughes is in madrid tonight looking for fresh faces:greengrin

Just to manage your expectations, there's no chance of us getting anywhere near that for Riordan.

bighairyfaeleith
22-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Just to manage your expectations, there's no chance of us getting anywhere near that for Riordan.

Then we shouldn't sell him :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Its ridiculous we have not signed anyone yet.:grr: And if we dont get them in order of preference, i will be spitting mad.

Dunbar Hibee
22-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Keep Rankin!

bighairyfaeleith
22-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Keep Rankin!

you keep him!

jiggerman
22-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Its ridiculous we have not signed anyone yet.

Firstly, do you know we have not?

Secondly, even if we have not, why is it ridiculous?

J

bighairyfaeleith
22-05-2010, 09:57 AM

J

:greengrin

.Sean.
22-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I was told we'd signed Garry O'Connor on Thursday.

Quite clearly, a loadypish :agree:

we are hibs
22-05-2010, 10:12 AM
ryan flyann (falkirk)
garry o,conner (free)
allan walker (raith rovers)
barak obama(usa):thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
22-05-2010, 11:11 AM
It would appear we are back in for Michael Hart.

steakbake
22-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Chris Hogg OUT Rob Jones IN :agree:

Never. If you believe these things, Jones was the centre of creating ructions at Hibs and most recently, Scunthorpe. I would be very disappointed if we brought him back to ER. He's an average footballer who has a good day now and then. Nothing more than that.

seanraff07
22-05-2010, 01:13 PM
It would appear we are back in for Michael Hart.

Yep according to the EEN.

Didn't he start getting his game once the new manager came in though?

Sas_The_Hibby
22-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I was told we'd signed Garry O'Connor on Thursday.

Quite clearly, a loadypish :agree:

Yeah, it was Wednesday. :wink:

Mikey
22-05-2010, 01:35 PM

J

Unfortunately, it's been some time since blackpoolhibs has posted up anything sensible. He's best ignored :wink:

HibbyAndy
22-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Yep according to the EEN.

Didn't he start getting his game once the new manager came in though?

You got a link bud?

seanraff07
22-05-2010, 01:47 PM
You got a link bud?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hibs-set-to-renew.6313201.jp

There you go mate.

Mikey
22-05-2010, 01:47 PM
You got a link bud?

It's in the News Forum......

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?34-Hibs-News

HibbyAndy
22-05-2010, 01:56 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hibs-set-to-renew.6313201.jp

There you go mate.

Cheers mate :aok:

It's in the News Forum......

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?34-Hibs-News

Ok thanks Mikey :aok:

PISTOL1875
22-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Never. If you believe these things, Jones was the centre of creating ructions at Hibs and most recently, Scunthorpe. I would be very disappointed if we brought him back to ER. He's an average footballer who has a good day now and then. Nothing more than that.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

KiddA
22-05-2010, 04:15 PM

What did he do at Scunthrope? Either way he is a much better leader and captain than Chris Hogg will ever be. I know there is no smoke without fire with the big John Collins fall out but there was other players involved too including Scott Brown. To be honest though there is always a bigger picture. I would take him back and think he would be a good addition :agree:

essexhibee
22-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Charlie Adam :devil:

seanraff07
23-05-2010, 10:23 AM

Yet is still better than Hogg IMO.:cool2:

HibeeUnderwood
23-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Ivan Sproule? :dunno:

He certainly didn't play as much this season as he did the previous two, and it was mostly sub appearences. And I guess it also depends if Steve Coppell wants a clearout to bring in the players he wants. Because if he does and Ivan is one of the unlucky ones, we'd be foolish not to try and re-sign him. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2010, 07:08 PM

J

:top marks:faf:

hibsbollah
23-05-2010, 07:14 PM

In: Bauben, Swanson and Gomis for midfield. Murphy and Whittaker at full back. (well i can dream).

Out:Nish, Hogg and Rankin

Brooster
23-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Paul Hartley in on a 2 year deal - absolute certainty.

ArabHibee
23-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Paul Hartley in on a 2 year deal - absolute certainty.

Sauce?

lyonhibs
23-05-2010, 08:31 PM

J

Merked. I suspect BH was being mildly facetious.

I just want a RB, a Centre back and a big, bad central midfielder. Who they are matters not one jot as long as they're good enough - I'll leave that bit up to Yogi, what with it being his job :greengrin

HibbyAndy
23-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Sauce?

He was taking the pish.

ArabHibee
23-05-2010, 08:48 PM
He was taking the pish.

Really? He shouldn't play with people's emotions like that. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
23-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Really? He shouldn't play with people's emotions like that. :boo hoo:

:thumbsup:

But did you like Shiels 1st time round:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saying nowt :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
23-05-2010, 09:05 PM
He was taking the pish.

You sure? :cool2:

ArabHibee
23-05-2010, 09:13 PM
:thumbsup:

But did you like Shiels 1st time round:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saying nowt :greengrin

Dunno. Is he nice looking too?

Brooster
23-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Mark my words.

Westie1875
23-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Mark my words.

You're usually right with this stuff too. Not sure how I'd feel about that, my heart says he can gtf but my head says we could do with a player like him.

Iain G
24-05-2010, 01:05 AM
You're usually right with this stuff too. Not sure how I'd feel about that, my heart says he can gtf but my head says we could do with a player like him.

Great, the return of the new Tam McManus...fantastic... :grr: :wink:

Steve20
24-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Out of all the rumours so far, I can see Michael Hart being brought in. No chance of either O'Connor or Hartley being back.

Ronaldo9
24-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Also heard that Hartley was a done deal, 2 year contract. IMO would be a good addition but cant see many Hibs fans taking to this deal.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Also heard that Hartley was a done deal, 2 year contract. IMO would be a good addition but cant see many Hibs fans taking to this deal.

I dont want him, can i make this clear right from the start. I wont support him, even if he leads us to a league and cup double.:stirrer:

PaulSmith
24-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Paul Hartley would be a tremendous signing IMO but don't think there's much in it TBH.

For all those who don't want him back then two words might help you reconsider - Iain Murray.

Rossco442
24-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Paul Hartley would be a tremendous signing IMO but don't think there's much in it TBH.

For all those who don't want him back then two words might help you reconsider - Iain Murray.

Nothing to do with his Hearts connection but he is an average overrated player. One good season in which he scored a few goals (most from the penalty spot). I've never seen him get his shirt dirty for the Yams or Scotland for that matter.

We need a hard tackling no-nonsense midfielder not another lightweight pushover.

Step forward Yaya Toure. :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
24-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I dont want him, can i make this clear right from the start. I wont support him, even if he leads us to a league and cup double.:stirrer:

I hate the little Rat faced James Blunt.

But, he can come back for one season - a league and cup double but he's out the door next May.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I hate the little Rat faced James Blunt.

But, he can come back for one season - a league and cup double but he's out the door next May.

Not for me, I'd rather get a rusty blade and cut my nose off.

JimBHibees
24-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Got to be said Hartley would be a great signing in this current team given his experience.
He better have a thick skin though as he will be taking stick from all quarters.
The sort of player we should be looking at though IMO.

mike1875
24-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish expects Garry O'Connor to sign a new contract on reduced terms following the striker's hip surgery. (Daily Record)

Hibernian are back on the trail of out-of-favour Preston North End right-back Michael Hart, who will make a decision about his future when he returns from holiday. (Various)

since90plustwo
26-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Great, the return of the new Tam McManus...fantastic... :grr: :wink:

what do you mean by that sorry?

Speedway
27-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Hart? - Hartley? Yogi scouting in Hertfordshire and Midlothian?

I don't like where this is going.

hibsforeurope
27-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Heard we are in for a player from St Johnstone, anyone else heard this?

Ell_Chrisso
27-05-2010, 12:27 PM

Being up in Perth, not heard anything rumoured.

But il see if one of my mates has any info on the Saints forum

Ell_Chrisso
27-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I hear it could possibly be the return of Fillipe Morais

bighairyfaeleith
27-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I hear it could possibly be the return of Fillipe Morais

**** right off:grr:

Duberry anyone?

seanraff07
27-05-2010, 12:39 PM
**** right off:grr:

Duberry anyone?

Yep, replacement for Bamba.

bandylegs_jLeighton
27-05-2010, 12:41 PM
From St. Johnstone I would say Murray Davidson would be the type of player we would look at - simply because he is someone with the physical presence Yogi said we needed, and someone with potential to sell on in the future.

hibsforeurope
27-05-2010, 12:44 PM
From St. Johnstone I would say Murray Davidson would be the type of player we would look at - simply because he is someone with the physical presence Yogi said we needed, and someone with potential to sell on in the future.

That is who I had heard we have bid for.

Golden Bear
27-05-2010, 12:52 PM
That is who I had heard we have bid for.

Fingers crossed that this rumour is true. He's a great "box to box" player with the physical presence we need.

Did I read somewhere that he was actually on our books prior to going to Livvy (then on to St Johnstone)?

HibbyAndy
27-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Steve Maskrey.

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Fingers crossed that this rumour is true. He's a great "box to box" player with the physical presence we need.

Did I read somewhere that he was actually on our books prior to going to Livvy (then on to St Johnstone)?

Think he is a good player however personally think he lacks a bit of physical presence. Tall but a bit lightweight.

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Steve Maskrey.

Hee, hee. What about Henry Hall?

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Murray Davidson just signed a 2 year contract extension last week

hibsforeurope
27-05-2010, 01:24 PM

That would not stop a bid coming in for him though.

Speedway
27-05-2010, 01:50 PM

That was so the Saints would get a transfer fee for him.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2010, 02:56 PM

would they not have got one anyway as he had a year left to run?

Andy74
27-05-2010, 03:23 PM

No chance.

If Hibs wanted him he would know it. There is no way he would sign a new deal knowing that his prospective new club would have to fork out even more for him.

Petrie would tell him to get tae!!

Duberry is out of contract is he not? I'd take him in a second.

HibbyAndy
27-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Roddy Grant?

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Roddy Grant?

They also have a young forward knocking a few goals in for them, McCoist or something like that. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
27-05-2010, 03:29 PM
They also have a young forward knocking a few goals in for them, McCoist or something like that. :greengrin

:hilarious

Cannae wait to get back to Muirton next season, Always a gid day out:cool2:

Ray_
27-05-2010, 03:30 PM

Nah, John Connolly was better, although we got him after Everton & Birmingham. What about the left winger Aitken, seem to remember him being similar to Andy Lynch, or put in other terms, as crap as.

I remember around the same time as our Cup Winners Cup adventure, ST Johnstone, with the same said players were also playing in Europe and they started to call themselves Perth ST Johnstone, they explained that the reason was because their opponents could never find ST Johnstone on the map of Scotland, clearly they never had the same problem finding Hibernian:notworthy:

Stevie Reid
27-05-2010, 03:42 PM
No chance.

If Hibs wanted him he would know it. There is no way he would sign a new deal knowing that his prospective new club would have to fork out even more for him.

Petrie would tell him to get tae!!

Duberry is out of contract is he not? I'd take him in a second.

Duberry wants to go back down South: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/8641715.stm

Golden Bear
27-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Think he is a good player however personally think he lacks a bit of physical presence. Tall but a bit lightweight.

He gets stuck in though and has an eye for goal as well.

Sign him I say!

:pray:

HibbyAndy
27-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Duberry wants to go back down South: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/8641715.stm

Good, Cause i believe we can get better CH's than him.

Has he not lost a yard of pace since his Chelsea days?.

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2010, 03:53 PM
What we really want is to get the best out of our existing squad, ie: form a Mott The Hoople tribute band and cruise the autobahns of Europe with dirty girls and a black American guy constantly high-fiving me and going 'you is de man, Bobby' and me taking the praise with a self-effacing shrug before saying, 'loved Rankin's guitar work on Roll Away The Stone but expected more from Nish on Whiz Kid.'

If Carlsberg made holidays...

seanraff07
27-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Good, Cause i believe we can get better CH's than him.

Has he not lost a yard of pace since his Chelsea days?.

Yes but when we played them at McDairmid Park earlier this year he dictated the game, looks miles better than Hogg that's for sure.

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 04:03 PM
:hilarious

Cannae wait to get back to Muirton next season, Always a gid day out:cool2:

Yep but the walk from the train station is always a nightmare. :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Nah, John Connolly was better, although we got him after Everton & Birmingham. What about the left winger Aitken, seem to remember him being similar to Andy Lynch, or put in other terms, as crap as.

I remember around the same time as our Cup Winners Cup adventure, ST Johnstone, with the same said players were also playing in Europe and they started to call themselves Perth ST Johnstone, they explained that the reason was because their opponents could never find ST Johnstone on the map of Scotland, clearly they never had the same problem finding Hibernian:notworthy:

Yeah but Henry's baldness was legendary. :greengrin

Golden Bear
27-05-2010, 04:08 PM

And allegedly he only had one ball.

Hallelujah.

:singing:

eastmainsmsh
27-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Liam Craig :wink:

JF-Hibee4Eva
27-05-2010, 05:04 PM
willo flood anyone??

Ray_
27-05-2010, 05:16 PM

Yeah But!! How old are you? :greengrin

Henry's baldness wasn't as legendary as Drew Jarvie's, we always seemed to be linked with him & then he signed for the sheep:grr:

hibsforeurope
28-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Liam Craig :wink:

He would be a good signing, seemed to play well anytime I seen him play against Hibs last season.

Andy74
28-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Duberry has signed a 12 month extension. Hibs and Aberdeen had been monitoring but St Johnstone have allowed him a deal to ensure he spends time in London. I doubt Hibs would have allowed him too much of that.

Hibs90
28-05-2010, 10:02 AM
What about Simon Ford of Killie? Out of contract and could be decent back-up.

dangermouse
28-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes but when we played them at McDairmid Park earlier this year he dictated the game, looks miles better than Hogg that's for sure.

Not surprised. Hoggy played right back in that game and he was murder.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I think this is what you meant to type.

Not surprised. Hoggy played and he was murder as usual.