PDA

View Full Version : Different shades of green for the new East?

California-Hibs
20-05-2010, 09:37 PM
After looking at the latest pictures tonight on the net, ive noticed that half the stand has a dark shade of green and the other a lighter shade, i havent seen anyone point this out yet! Bit strange.

Cheek it out...

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/may/p31420-20th-may.html

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/may/p31423-20th-may.html

Bayern Bru
20-05-2010, 11:02 PM
It'll all be the same colour when they're done.
I believe some spray painting is to be done.

cwilliamson85
21-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybe they will do dark green for ends and a lighter in the middle?

Maybe Rod got a deal on cheaper material and just didn’t care it dint match.:grr:

Ritchie
21-05-2010, 09:50 AM
the colour of the north, south & west will have faded over time.

its probably the same shade of green that was used when the existing stands were constructed.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-05-2010, 12:10 PM

its probably the same shade of green that was used when the existing stands were constructed.

Ritchie, ur brains have faded over time mate and there wasnt much there to start with :wink:

Totally different colour which will be rectified in time. No idea why they aint been painted whilst still on the ground tho.

Disc O'Dave
21-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm no expert, but I wonder if final painting is left until the stand is assembled to:

a) allow for any paintwork damage incurred during assembly
b) ensure the joints where bolts etc have been fitted are sealed from the elements.

Otherwise, there may be a risk of water ingress leading to hidden rust over time

Just an idea, likes

MyJo
21-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm no expert, but I wonder if final painting is left until the stand is assembled to:

b) ensure the joints where bolts etc have been fitted are sealed from the elements.

Otherwise, there may be a risk of water ingress leading to hidden rust over time

Just an idea, likes

The painting will probably be considered a non-essential task IMO they will be chucking up the stand while the pitch is bare and have all the work done on the front so the pitch can be laid while the work continues on at the back of the stand in the latter stages.

Ritchie
21-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Ritchie, ur brains have faded over time mate and there wasnt much there to start with :wink:

Totally different colour which will be rectified in time. No idea why they aint been painted whilst still on the ground tho.

true!

too many parties at yours!! :agree:

greenlex
21-05-2010, 01:26 PM
The darker green is for the singing section. It is darker because it has an anti sound wave compuond added to it. This makes the stand almost indestructable. It won't fade in time but you can rest assured your safety is guaranteed.
On a side note none of tynies stands were done and thiis is how it is pink. Fact!!

steviecarnie
21-05-2010, 01:35 PM

They werent long re painted.

Ritchie
21-05-2010, 01:49 PM
They werent long re painted.

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!! :wink:

HibbyKeith
21-05-2010, 03:58 PM

Just an idea, likes

I worked at on all 3 of the current stands at easter road,

all the exterior structural beams came pre-finished, there was no additional painting work required on them at all (except the small beams between the top and bottm tier), it was the internal beams in the stairwell's and main concourse's that were all came pre undercoated and requiring a finishing coat of gloss.

it seems that there has been a general mistake with the colour of the first set of beams to be constructed, they have at least re finished the steelwork that wasn't assembled once they noticed the difference to the other stands.

hibee4life1983
21-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Could someone please post the planning permision link for the corner infills???

BullbreedHFC
22-05-2010, 11:27 AM
The darker green is for the singing section. It is darker because it has an anti sound wave compuond added to it.

:greengrin LIKE IT ............................ :faf:

monktonharp
22-05-2010, 11:33 PM
The darker green is for the singing section. It is darker because it has an anti sound wave compuond added to it. This makes the stand almost indestructable. It won't fade in time but you can rest assured your safety is guaranteed.
On a side note none of tynies stands were done and thiis is how it is pink. Fact!!:agree:and I've also heard that the dark colour will be sprayed on the South stand during the first derby match at ER,making the Gorgie s**m green with envy.