PDA

View Full Version : when will the new stand be ready

nairn hibee
20-05-2010, 08:11 PM
is it some time in september i heard before that they hope to have some of it ready for the start of the season,if we get a good europa draw what will the capacity be

down-the-slope
20-05-2010, 08:13 PM
when the builders are finished :dunno:

since90plustwo
21-05-2010, 05:27 PM
October i think

.Sean.
21-05-2010, 05:35 PM
when the builders are finished :dunno:
The guy only asked a question, so no real need for the wideo reply.

As far as i'm aware early September is when we should be 'moving in' :agree:

--------
21-05-2010, 05:45 PM
is it some time in september i heard before that they hope to have some of it ready for the start of the season,if we get a good europa draw what will the capacity be

More than half the decking is already up, AFAIK. If we get a good dry summer it should go quickly, and it might JUST be ready for the Europa qualifying tie if we're drawn away from home in the first leg.

They're really cracking on with it and I have been told that they're up to and ahead of schedule right now.

EDIT: according to the club, the contractors are hoping that at least part of the new stand will be open for the start of the season.

Bob Box Fish
21-05-2010, 07:36 PM
More than half the decking is already up, AFAIK. If we get a good dry summer it should go quickly, and it might JUST be ready for the Europa qualifying tie if we're drawn away from home in the first leg.

They're really cracking on with it and I have been told that they're up to and ahead of schedule right now.

EDIT: according to the club, the contractors are hoping that at least part of the new stand will be open for the start of the season.

As long as its not the part facing the pitch then jobs a good un . . .

woodythehibee
21-05-2010, 07:43 PM
i'm more worried about the pitch not being ready for the Europa game but would love the east to be ready for the league kick off.

scoopyboy
21-05-2010, 07:47 PM

I've read that as well Doddie but I can't see it on the grounds of health and safety.

The stand will need a safety certificate from the council before it can be used, I don't see part certificates being issued.

Mikey
21-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know if it's going to be the same size as the other stands?

HibbyAndy
21-05-2010, 07:51 PM

:greengrin

Mikey
21-05-2010, 07:57 PM

:smokin

sunshine1875
21-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Who's the girl in your sig?:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Who's the girl in your sig?:greengrin

Ma burd :agree:

sunshine1875
21-05-2010, 08:54 PM

:slipper: :pray:

hibee_nation
21-05-2010, 09:16 PM

It's true, she even wrote a song about him called " Not Fair" :greengrin

--------
22-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I've read that as well Doddie but I can't see it on the grounds of health and safety.

The stand will need a safety certificate from the council before it can be used, I don't see part certificates being issued.

That's what I thought, but I've seen it twice in the papers, and I'm sure there's something about it on the main board...

I really wouldn't be totally surprised if it WAS ready on time, the rate it's going up.

I know, Mikey.

I just can't sleep for worrying about it - I'm worn to a frazzle.

If there's one thing I just can't bear it's an altitudinal imbalance in my steel erections.

(As the engineer once remarked to the actress.)

1two
22-05-2010, 11:43 AM
The stand is not due to be complete till late august.
A partial handover is due for half the stand before start of the season.
The club have requested the first fixture or 2 to be away from home.

Its true that the structure is ahead of schedule but although it looks almost complete there is **** loads still to finish.

The roof steel starts on Monday and it will probably look almost complete very soon but there is lots of internal works etc.

I cant see it being ready for Europa qualifiers but you never know.

BonnieFitbaTeam
22-05-2010, 12:43 PM
It's true, she even wrote a song about him called " Not Fair" :greengrin

:faf::top marks

jgl07
22-05-2010, 04:15 PM
The stand is not due to be complete till late august.
A partial handover is due for half the stand before start of the season.
The club have requested the first fixture or 2 to be away from home.

Its true that the structure is ahead of schedule but although it looks almost complete there is **** loads still to finish.

The roof steel starts on Monday and it will probably look almost complete very soon but there is lots of internal works etc.

I cant see it being ready for Europa qualifiers but you never know.
There are not a lot of internal works. The stand is a shell with toilets and food outlets.

In any event the Third Qualifying round is hardly likely to attract a massive crowd. The key will be getting the stand open for the Play-off Round 19/26 August. That is assuming that Hibs make it through!

EasterRoad4Ever
22-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Flew in to Edin Airport today and got a great view of the hallowed ground. Noticed that Real Madrid have their name on their stand roof, and thought that it would be great if Hibs were to paint their name on the roof of the new and final stand that completes the stadium. It looks hugely impressive from the air and something we should be rightly proud of.

Most of the planes that land from the east fly over ER. I'm torn between Hibs FC and Hibernian though :cool2:

Or maybe "EasterRoad4Ever" :) All rights reserved, of course :cool2:

BT58
22-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Flew in to Edin Airport today and got a great view of the hallowed ground. Noticed that Real Madrid have their name on their stand roof, and thought that it would be great if Hibs were to paint their name on the roof of the new and final stand that completes the stadium. It looks hugely impressive from the air and something we should be rightly proud of.

Most of the planes that land from the east fly over ER. I'm torn between Hibs FC and Hibernian though :cool2:

Or maybe "EasterRoad4Ever" :)
with all these DO-GOODERS+HEALTH+SAFETY,,,,dont think that will ever happen
pity tho,,,,,,prefer the pitch thingy, where the home team have their name/logo imprinted on the pitch,,,,,,im sure i saw huddersfield on sky,and they had it
might be another team[shared with rugby league]
hb

JoJo_07
22-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Or maybe "EasterRoad4Ever" :) All rights reserved, of course :cool2:

Better not let this guy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsbeat/newsid_7961000/7961224.stm) anywhere near the place.

Keith_M
23-05-2010, 08:30 PM
What I want to know is, will it be finished before the Sooperdooperfiftymillionpoundmainstand at Tynecastle?

I have to be honest, I'm worried they'll finish theirs first. They are the BigTeam after all!

:worried:

Ritchie
24-05-2010, 11:59 AM
There are not a lot of internal works. The stand is a shell with toilets and food outlets.

In any event the Third Qualifying round is hardly likely to attract a massive crowd. The key will be getting the stand open for the Play-off Round 19/26 August. That is assuming that Hibs make it through!

:confused:

what gives you that idea???

i can see us easily selling out ER no matter who we get!!

jws1875
24-05-2010, 12:33 PM
The pitch should be ready because a one of my friends work for the council and he deals with all the lighting and that and hibs are borrowing the big lights to help the grass grow :wink:

Dashing Bob S
24-05-2010, 12:55 PM
That's what I thought, but I've seen it twice in the papers, and I'm sure there's something about it on the main board...

I really wouldn't be totally surprised if it WAS ready on time, the rate it's going up.

I know, Mikey.

I just can't sleep for worrying about it - I'm worn to a frazzle.

If there's one thing I just can't bear it's an altitudinal imbalance in my steel erections.

(As the engineer once remarked to the actress.)

Just as long as the paint job matches the other stands. And the blinds. And the soft furnishings and toilet rolls.

Right, I'm off to get my nails done before I embarrass myself.