PDA

View Full Version : £1m bid for bamba?

BADBOYHIBBY
20-05-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/english/The-Rumour-Mill-Thursday39s-football.6307496.jp

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Not enough for Bamba imo, a minimum 2million I would say :agree:

The Goodwillie story getting called up for Scotland is the old pals act here but I fully expect Levein to blood in youngsters sooner than later.

Hamish
20-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Swop with Hangeland and you have a deal:cool2:

Captain Trips
20-05-2010, 06:50 PM
As a CB £1m is more than enough, as DM then I would be looking for more. If Hughes is planning on him as a CB I would sell.

Allant1981
20-05-2010, 07:51 PM
i'd take £1m for bamba, id like to see him stay at the club but i think he has made his mind up that he wants to go and once a player has done that then i dont think he will give his all in every game

ronaldo7
20-05-2010, 08:00 PM
£1 million is not enough. This is Fulham of the Premiership we're talking about.

£2 million to open talks.

Oscar Lomax
20-05-2010, 08:04 PM
i'd take £1m for bamba, id like to see him stay at the club but i think he has made his mind up that he wants to go and once a player has done that then i dont think he will give his all in every game

:agree:
I think a million pounds is a good return on him. Although, if he does have a good World Cup his value might soar, can't see that happening mind. He is knowhere near good enough for the EPL. He will get found out big time. I don't really care about him but I would like to see Hibs get as much money as they can get.

tamig
20-05-2010, 08:09 PM
£1 million is not enough. This is Fulham of the Premiership we're talking about.

£2 million to open talks.

Agreed. I reckon he'll be worth nearer £3M. Rod's not daft and a £1M bid will be swiftly dismissed.

Wotherspiniesta
20-05-2010, 08:12 PM
If Garry Kenneth is worth £1m, then Bamba is worth £10m :greengrin

hibsdaft
20-05-2010, 08:43 PM
we shouldn't even be considering selling him until after the W/C imo.

bingo70
20-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Thank god your not in charge of the negotiating then.

If the bid is true then i'm sure Fulham don't expect to get him with there first offer, if they've come in with £1m, IMO he'll end up going somewhere for around £1.5m plus add ons.

allezsauzee
20-05-2010, 08:55 PM
we shouldn't even be considering selling him until after the W/C imo.

Alternatively lets cash in before the likes of Ronaldo rips him up for arse paper?

I'd be happy to take the money before Fulham change their mind

Allant1981
20-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank god your not in charge of the negotiating then.

If the bid is true then i'm sure Fulham don't expect to get him with there first offer, if they've come in with £1m, IMO he'll end up going somewhere for around £1.5m plus add ons.

yip cause your doing so much better with an extra 500k! he isnt that good and strikers like Rooney etc will rip him to bits, yes he looks good up here occasionally but football in the premiership is a million miles from football up here

Bostonhibby
20-05-2010, 10:02 PM
In Rod we trust. In his book that is known as a deposit :wink:

bingo70
21-05-2010, 08:08 AM
yip cause your doing so much better with an extra 500k! he isnt that good and strikers like Rooney etc will rip him to bits, yes he looks good up here occasionally but football in the premiership is a million miles from football up here

just like Fletcher wouldn't cut it or Berra, i don't buy into this premiership suck off you get in here, of course players like Rooney, Drogba etc are class and they'd give most defenders a torrid time, Bamba included, however there's plenty over rated pish down there and i'm sure Bamba would stand his own.

Bamba normally performs well in the big games, it's the games he thinks he can stroll through thats the problem, there would be less of them in the premiership so i think he'd do well down there.

And yes, £500k plus add ons is a much better deal than £1m, my post was sort of tongue and cheek though, basically there's no way he'll be away for the first offer of £1m, that's clearly just the starting point of negotiations

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2010, 08:19 AM
think Fulham are chancing it with £1M considering they just sold their CH to Man Utd for £12M...!

Ryan69
21-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Taking into account its a premiership team wanting him,id say 2 mill maybe even 2.5mill,and add ons!(that is peanuts for them!)

Premiership is so overhyped,yes there are some great players but there is also alot of rubbish players there too!

Kyriakos is doing a descent job at Liverpool,so why cant Bamba do a descent job? Id rather have Bamba than that Diddy!

since90plustwo
21-05-2010, 08:38 AM
petrie hopefully wont let him go on the cheap, we dont need the money so we dont have to sell.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Was it the Fletcher negotiation where the Tach wouldnt even come to the phone coz Celtic had put in their usual insulting offer.

EPL clubs spend way over the odds on players and if Bamba is being chased by several clubs ( which appears to be the case ) we should take full advantage and stiff the suckers for every penny we can get.

The Fulham owner has just sold a shop for 1.5 billion for goodness sake.

aljo7-0
21-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Given the price that Premiership clubs sell players to each other for, the sell on percentage to Hibs might be as important as the actual price paid. That is if he does well in the Premiership, which I believe he will.

Aldo
21-05-2010, 09:01 AM
RP will not let anyone go until someone pays what HE wants ENDOF. RP isnae daft and we all know this. If the boy Wilson is worth 2.5 then Bamba (who is a full international) must be worth at least that, if not more.

We shall see.

sixtwo
21-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Ill be sad to see him go but his departure is enevitable and I wish im well. If we get an acceptable bid before the wc this will give us time to get a new man in before our europa games.

I remember listening to bbc radio the night we signed him on tranfer deadline day. we got him for £50k iirc and Alan Preston was in hysterics. He was calling him a dud and saying he was gonna be a terrible signing.

Sol has been influencial for us and his performances have taken us into europe. The money men at ER have seen a £50k investment return a massive profit. Sol will be strutting his stuff at the world cup then progressing his career in the richest league in the world.

Who is laughing now biscuits?

Chuckie
21-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I think a million pounds is a good return on him. Although, if he does have a good World Cup his value might soar, can't see that happening mind. He is knowhere near good enough for the EPL. He will get found out big time. I don't really care about him but I would like to see Hibs get as much money as they can get.

:bye:

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I think Mixu deserves credit for bringing him to ER. :agree:

Hainan Hibs
21-05-2010, 11:28 AM
£1 million:faf:

As big Gordon Brown would say, get real, that won't even get the tacheman's tache twitching.

And I don't buy into this "won't cut it in the Premiership". Somehow a professional manager does believe he will be able to cut it amongst the actual best in the world at the World Cup, but somehow he will be completely found out in the Premiership.

Even in amongst his usual cock-ups Calamity Caldwell has managed a few good performances there. Barry Ferguson, Fletcher, Berra are all playing down there too. Bamba will easily fit in in that league.

Ryan69
21-05-2010, 11:31 AM
EPL = most debt ridden league in the world you mean!

Dinkydoo
21-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I'd be expecting a bit more than £1mil for Bamba.

He's worth somewhere in the region of 1.5 - 2.5 mil IMO.

jacomo
21-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I think Mixu deserves credit for bringing him to ER. :agree:

Can't see Rod accepting £1m, so look forward to seeing Sol go to the World Cup as a Hibs player. No guarantee he'll play, but if he does I wish him the very best. It can only increase his valuation.

After all, dear old Ulises DLC got us £2m after his exploits in 2002!

Phil MaGlass
21-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok who is gonna get it right then,
I think 2.3 million plus add ons after x amount of appearances.

If 1 million is the starting offer and there are other clubs vying for his signature and if he has a good WC he may even go for more.

If,If,If....

basehibby
21-05-2010, 01:56 PM
If Bamba was not set to play in the WC finals then £1M would be a pretty good offer.

But he is and that changes everything!

If Bamba goes off to the WC and spends the whole of it on the bench he'll STILL be worth £1M.

If Bamba goes to the WC and ends up getting a roasting from Messi he'll more than likely STILL be worth £1M.

But - here's the clincher - if Bamba goes to the WC and plays a stormer, advancing to the latter stages along with his esteemed teammates - well in that case you could start the bidding at £2M and sit back and watch it steadilly rise.

So - in summary, I wouldn't be tempted at all to part with Bamba right now at that sort of price - nice one Fulham though - no harm in asking afterall.

HibbyKeith
21-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Cant believe some think that £1m for Bamba would be a decent return, Steven Whittaker was sold for £2m ffs.

a little perspective required me thinks, while i get hes had an occasional mare hes a far superior player to Whittaker and is an established international going to the world cup.

No less than £2m to open negotiations for me.

IN ROD I TRUST