PDA

View Full Version : NHC World Cup Winning Squad????

steviecarnie
20-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Spain's 23man squad for WC

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Jose Manuel 'Pepe' Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona).
Defenders: Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Xabier Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Javier Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), David Silva (Valencia), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona).
Forwards: Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia).

Ritchie
20-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Spain's 23man squad for WC

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Jose Manuel 'Pepe' Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona).
Defenders: Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Xabier Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Javier Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), David Silva (Valencia), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona).
Forwards: Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia).

not hibs class! :bye:

PeterboroHibee
20-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Its unbelievable the squad they have at the moment. So many truely top class players, with arguably world class players who will be sitting on the bench.

You cant rule out some of the other nations winning the WC, but there isnt a country going to the competition with a better squad than Spain.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2010, 07:25 PM
If they're all fit in time then that squad is absolutely terrifying.

essexhibee
20-05-2010, 07:27 PM
If they're all fit in time then that squad is absolutely terrifying.

Totally!!

Tom Huddlestone v Xavi.

Hmm i think i know the winner. The engerlend will get mugged by this spanish armarda.

Wotherspiniesta
20-05-2010, 07:49 PM
They could do with a left back. :agree:

Apart from that....decent.

.Sean.
20-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I see Pedro's already in the squad, hasn't he only recently started to get a game for Barca?

I concur though, cracking squad. Best chance they'll have to win the World Cup :agree:

Seanair
20-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Memory's going--but what nationality is the big midfieder (Senna?) who plays for Sevilla/Villareal?

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I see Pedro's already in the squad, hasn't he only recently started to get a game for Barca?

I concur though, cracking squad. Best chance they'll have to win the World Cup :agree:

22 goals this season...

Pedantic_Hibee
20-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Memory's going--but what nationality is the big midfieder (Senna?) who plays for Sevilla/Villareal?

I'm sure he has been capped by the Spanish, although is of Brazilian descent.

One of my favourite midfielders of the last decade, I have never, ever, failed to be impressed by him for Villareal. Fantastic footballer.

bob12345
20-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sure he has been capped by the Spanish, although is of Brazilian descent.

One of my favourite midfielders of the last decade, I have never, ever, failed to be impressed by him for Villareal. Fantastic footballer.

Senna was one of the Euro 2008 stars for Spain. Capdevilla's a pretty immense left back, no?

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Senna was one of the Euro 2008 stars for Spain. Capdevilla's a pretty immense left back, no?

Indeed, Senna was one of the few Spanish players who made a tackle during Euro 2008. Apparently underperformed this year, and he's not in the squad.

Capedevila is getting on a bit now, and as far as I know Arbeloa is preferred for that position.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Great squad exept for the overated lump sergio ramos.

Seanair
21-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks to all for confirming that Senna is Spanish.

I saw him in a game earlier this season and thought he was immense--a perfect piece in the Spanish midfield jigsaw. Must be confident if they can leave him out!

lyonhibs
21-05-2010, 08:59 AM

I saw him in a game earlier this season and thought he was immense--a perfect piece in the Spanish midfield jigsaw. Must be confident if they can leave him out!

Have you seen the ball playing midfielders they have???? There's no need for a midfield hardman if the other team literally aren't going to get hold of the ball in the midfield.

Trying to get the ball off a trio of Fabregas - Iniesta - Xavi would be like trying to catch the flow of the Niagara Falls in a bucket.

M11BMO
21-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I agree with all... Surely this has to be their time! :agree:

millarco
21-05-2010, 09:43 AM

IIRC he's been injured for most of the season and has only played a handful of games. Think he was in the initial 30 but he's not made the final cut. They'll just have to make do with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Alonso...

Seanair
21-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Have you seen the ball playing midfielders they have???? There's no need for a midfield hardman if the other team literally aren't going to get hold of the ball in the midfield.

Trying to get the ball off a trio of Fabregas - Iniesta - Xavi would be like trying to catch the flow of the Niagara Falls in a bucket.

Still think you need a big guy, to sort out anyone who's kicking your "wee" pals, among other things . Barca have Toure. Hibs have nobody remotely like that and we've suffered.

steviecarnie
21-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Still think you need a big guy, to sort out anyone who's kicking your "wee" pals, among other things . Barca have Toure. Hibs have nobody remotely like that and we've suffered.

xavi alonso can do that job

RoslinInstHibby
21-05-2010, 01:35 PM
i think this is Spain's time to win the world cup, the squad is unreal:agree:

still have a sneeky wee feeling for Argentina though:cool2:

seanraff07
21-05-2010, 10:22 PM

We did until Bamba got switched to CB once Yogi came.

seanraff07
21-05-2010, 10:40 PM
This is when i think England are kidding themselves, no chance are they better than Spain on paper.

Look at Spain's fringe players in their squad... Reina, Valdes, Capdevilla, Busquets, Navas and Rodriguez.

Then you look at England's fringe players... Joe Hart, Baines, Dawson, Warnock, Huddlestone and Bent, you can quite clearly see by this that Spain are miles ahead of England.