PDA

View Full Version : NHC And they slagged Rangers for Davie Weir!

Hibs On Tour
20-05-2010, 12:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8693324.stm

You know the OF are scraping the barrel when the biggest signings they can muster are this pair of oldies! Pair of them are rooked and will be for the forseeable future so this is the time for us [and other teams] to kick on and give them a right challenge! Realise its pie in the sky and we say it every year just now but just once I'd like us - as a club - to do it! GGTTH :greengrin

Ritchie
20-05-2010, 12:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8693324.stm

You know the OF are scraping the barrel when the biggest signings they can muster are this pair of oldies! Pair of them are rooked and will be for the forseeable future so this is the time for us [and other teams] to kick on and give them a right challenge! Realise its pie in the sky and we say it every year just now but just once I'd like us - as a club - to do it! GGTTH :greengrin

Sol Campbell would be a massive signing for celtic.

there is absolutly no comparison between weir & campbell.... campbell is 100 times the player weir is or ever has been!

he proved he can still play a bit this season.

Sol along with Diakte (sp), bullard & reid would all improve the current celtic squad.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2010, 12:56 PM
If he wanted to play with sheite footballers, and pocket wads of money, he'd have stayed at Notts county.

hibsbollah
20-05-2010, 01:00 PM
All those players would improve celtc massively, i can't believe anyone would think differently.

I'd welcome Campbell coming to the SPL, plenty of opportunities for 'he likes to keep it firm at the back' gags.

heretoday
20-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Celtic can't afford Campbell.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Celtic can't afford Campbell.

Like they couldn't afford Robbie Keane?

Hibs On Tour
20-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Have to say I disagree with those who say Campbell would be a good signing for Celtic.

For me, it smacked of a decision borne of desparation from Wenger to take him and I don't see anything in it from Celtic's end other than the same thing. Its not like Campbell shored up their leaky defence is it? Celtic's defence has also been pish this season and they've also shipped some players out of there too - big name to placate the fans rather than to make any tangible long-term improvement. Ditto their Keane loan signing. Did RK score more than SM would have given the same game-time? Prob six of one and half a dozen of the other for me, given previous scoring records.

For me, Campbell *was* a top-class player. Hasn't been such for a good 3 years for me. Got found out in his re-debut for Arsenal and its only because their defence wasn't the most solid [due to injuries/suspensions etc] that he didn't look more out of place. He may look good in Celtic's defence but that would merely reflect how gash they are already rather than him being back to his best.

No doubt Bullard would improve them but to be honest you don't need 35k players to improve *ANY* SPL team. Pretty much 5k+ and you'd be getting players who would make a tangible difference to any SPL 1st 11 in my book. For Celtic and Rangers however, they do have fans who ridiculously believe that they're worthy of more somehow and aren't satisfied unless they get these mythical 'big names'.

Hell mend em! If they want to pish their remaining money up a wall, far be it for me to greet aboot it! :greengrin

seanraff07
20-05-2010, 04:22 PM

If they want to have their finances at a stable level then they wouldn't pay Robbie Keane what he was getting each week, add on the additional £1M that they also had to pay to get him on loan for half a season. But they took a gamble and spent all the money hoping he would help Celtic leapfrog Rangers to the title but they didn't pull it off. I can't see Celtic spending money like that on one player again.

Barney McGrew
20-05-2010, 05:19 PM

They couldn't.

A desperate attempt to buy the title that failed miserably due the fact he had another ten diddies next to him in hooped shirts when he played.

A £65k a week gamble to win trophies and fill seats that bombed spectacularly on both counts.

essexhibee
20-05-2010, 06:13 PM

Were his wages not merely being paid from the sale of Scott McDonald. I thought i heard that his wages would be paid out of that transfer so hardly any profit would be made from the sale, but the hope was Celtic would win the league to get back the money.

FAIL. stupid smellies.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2010, 06:26 PM
They couldn't.

A desperate attempt to buy the title that failed miserably due the fact he had another ten diddies next to him in hooped shirts when he played.

A £65k a week gamble to win trophies and fill seats that bombed spectacularly on both counts.

Keane got paid. It may have been a stupid gamble, i agree with that, but they were able to afford him.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Were his wages not merely being paid from the sale of Scott McDonald. I thought i heard that his wages would be paid out of that transfer so hardly any profit would be made from the sale, but the hope was Celtic would win the league to get back the money.

FAIL. stupid smellies.

Does it matter how he was paid?

Barney McGrew
20-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Keane got paid. It may have been a stupid gamble, i agree with that, but they were able to afford him.

Just like Nade, Kingston and Goncalves get paid.

Doesn't mean they can afford him though :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Yip i understand you cant pay more than you earn,:wink: but was that the case with Keane?

Bayern Bru
20-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I thought Desmond was paying Keane partly out of his own pocket?

I reckon Bullard's injury prone and I very much doubt Campbell would leave Arsenal for Celtic.
Speculation, mere speculation!

seanraff07
21-05-2010, 12:17 AM

A month late though.:wink: