PDA

View Full Version : Tax Reclaim HELP

AllyF
20-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hello,

If anyone here knows what they're talking about when it comes to tax and reclaiming overpaid tax then could you please get in touch via PM?

Having trouble working out what to do.

Or alternatively if you work for HMRC then that'd be even better!

Cheers!

Number69
20-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Hello,

If anyone here knows what they're talking about when it comes to tax and reclaiming overpaid tax then could you please get in touch via PM?

Having trouble working out what to do.

Or alternatively if you work for HMRC then that'd be even better!

Cheers!

Pretty straight forward really, do your tax return online and you'll be told how much you're due.I got £8,812 back in February :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
20-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I had to do that once when I was on emergency tax for a summer. I had to write to the Tax Office and included my p60 letter. Got the money back but took a good few months for them to get back to me about it.

Hibbychick
20-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Do a search on the HMRC website for 'student tax checker' (It's not just for student's!) and follow the instructions. This will let you know roughly how much you can reclaim.

Send them a letter stating you wish to claim a tax rebate and for which years, you need to include all your P60's for those years.
If you want the money paid directly into your bank account, tell them and include you bank details too.

Send the letter recorded delivery (just incase!)

Wait on them getting back to you. Should take 6 - 8 weeks but may be longer.

:thumbsup:

If you're still unsure then go into the tax office at Haymarket.

erin-go-bragh87
21-05-2010, 05:56 PM
You dont need to write to them any more!! I phoned 3 months ago as I realised that I had been on the emergency tax code sinc I left school due to a couple of stupid employers. They'll start a 6 year back dated investigation for you. It took them 2 months but I got about 7 grand back!!!!

erin-go-bragh87
21-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Heres there number: 08450703703