PDA

View Full Version : Apologies for the self indulgence!

Jonnyboy
19-05-2010, 03:52 PM
As everyone is rightly focusing on getting used to the new set up it's understandable that the front page may not be high on the list of .netters' priorities ......

BUT

....... as we're going into Europe again soon I thought a wee bit of nostalgia might be appropriate :greengrin

Click on Home above to find out what I'm on about :wink:

lyonhibs
19-05-2010, 03:59 PM
A great article as usual, though the French pedant in me is required to ask what this "L'Equippe" newspaper was??

Jonnyboy
19-05-2010, 04:06 PM
A great article as usual, though the French pedant in me is required to ask what this "L'Equippe" newspaper was??

I'm not fluent in French (or English as my articles reveal :greengrin) but I'm given to understand it was a sports magazine?

ChrissyG1875
19-05-2010, 04:14 PM

"l'equipe" is a daily sports newsaper in France. I've never read it though, only ever read "France Football". Do you not live in France?

lyonhibs
19-05-2010, 05:22 PM
"l'equipe" is a daily sports newsaper in France. I've never read it though, only ever France "Football". Do you not live in France?

Good Lord, I was being a SPELLING pedant!!!

I used to read L'Equipe about 3 times a week!!! :greengrin

ChrissyG1875
19-05-2010, 05:36 PM

:greengrin I was waiting to find out i had walked into something. I have a bad habit of saying things without thinking.

ChrissyG1875
19-05-2010, 05:37 PM
If i'm being honest I was going to correct your spelling. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
19-05-2010, 06:14 PM
One of the best things IMO about this upgrade John was getting the Front Page back online and for that part reading your articles.

Good to see you back John - you should write a book :wink:

Saorsa
19-05-2010, 07:22 PM
As everyone is rightly focusing on getting used to the new set up it's understandable that the front page may not be high on the list of .netters' priorities ......

BUT

....... as we're going into Europe again soon I thought a wee bit of nostalgia might be appropriate :greengrin

Click on Home above to find out what I'm on about :wink:excellent read John :agree: :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
19-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Waw - you are a knowledge and legend J :not worth

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
19-05-2010, 08:45 PM

BUT

Great read John, and there is never any need to apologise for self-indulgence. It's a beautiful thing.

Jonnyboy
19-05-2010, 08:53 PM

One 'p' is silent (apart from the odd splash :greengrin)

DaveF
21-05-2010, 07:49 AM

BUT

I'm slowly importing across all the previous articles, but I have just finished the 'we are hibernian fc' series John wrote a while back.

34 articles charting the history of the club from it's beginnings :thumbsup:

You can find them under hibs.net articles \ we are hibernian fc

More articles to be put in the archives as I get through them :greengrin