PDA

View Full Version : New pitch.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2010, 02:10 PM
With the new stand coming along very nicely, and the old pitch dug up. I noticed we are seeding the ground, not turfing. How long does the seeding take to do, and how long does it take for it to be good as new?:confused:

steviecarnie
19-05-2010, 03:06 PM
With the new stand coming along very nicely, and the old pitch dug up. I noticed we are seeding the ground, not turfing. How long does the seeding take to do, and how long does it take for it to be good as new?:confused:

thats a strange on for me, as the workies are driving over the turf constantly at the moment, could this be the reason the stand is flying up at the moment, and then it'll slow down a bit once its just fitting the fixtures and seats.

Moulin Yarns
19-05-2010, 05:42 PM

the weather is perfect for seeding, and it is likely to be at a higher rate of seed /m2 than your common and garden grass seed, which means a month after it is sown you probably wouldn't know it hadn't always been there. honest.

Jamesie
19-05-2010, 05:53 PM
How do you stop the birds from eating it?

matty_f
19-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Jeez I wish i had that problem, getting them to stick it in their mouth in the first place is hard enough for me.

HibeeMG
19-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Deek and Stokes etc are being used to keep the birds occupied! :wink:

I'll get ma coat!

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Jeez I wish i had that problem, getting them to stick it in their mouth in the first place is hard enough for me.

:tee hee:

MyJo
19-05-2010, 06:03 PM

:faf:

thebakerboy
19-05-2010, 06:56 PM
:top marks:greengrin LOL best comment on here for a while but what do you mean?

JE89
19-05-2010, 07:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04yeNE7bm_M

:devil: :bitchy:

Big Frank
19-05-2010, 09:05 PM

:faf::faf:

Hibercelona
19-05-2010, 09:20 PM

You're a bad man. :greengrin