PDA

View Full Version : More to possibly be released?

Long suffering
18-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I guy on kickback has said that Thicot and Stevenson are to be released in the next few days. Has anyone else heard this? Find it unlikely due to how Thicot has been playing

JohnnyHibby
18-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe true Maybe not

But remember this is the forum that has brought us hostility from guys with hidden faces......thats brought us they are better than us......they are bigger than us.....they are unbeatable....oh and yes the famous scams and lies......need I say more? :agree:

JohnnyHibby
18-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe true Maybe not

But remember this is the forum that has brought us hostility from guys with hidden faces......thats brought us they are better than us......they are bigger than us.....they are unbeatable....oh and yes the famous scams and lies......need I say more? :agree:

Just thought I would be polite..........:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see wee Lewis go as he is neither full back nor midfielder and he deserves his chance somewhere else. I think that Thicot is worth sticking with but I am not sure that he has it in him to be a regular centre-half and he does not push up the wing enough to be a yogi-type full back.

McD
18-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I guy on kickback has said that Thicot and Stevenson are to be released in the next few days. Has anyone else heard this? Find it unlikely due to how Thicot has been playing

Every guy on Kickback needs to move out of his parents spare bedroom, stop sucking his thumb, and stop pretending that, as the mailboy/photocopier operator/insert menial job here, he isn't actually the hub of the company and it will survive without him.

Oh, and needs to stop living in sheer fantasy that his club is not actually a cesspit of no class, no brains, no safety certificate, no grace, no decorum, no future, vlad's gimps, no salary or contract for the coaching staff, and no point in their pathetic existence.

All of this needs to be done before they have the time to spend jealously looking over at us :greengrin

Ritchie
18-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I'd be extremely disapointed if we released thicot!

matty_f
18-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Both were bit-part players last season and would not be first picks if everyone was fit, so although I don't know if the rumour's true or not, it wouldn't really be earth-shattering news if it was true.

I would think that if Yogi is to be pushing Hibs on a level, then these are the sort of players that he would be looking to move on to be replaced by better players.

Jack
18-05-2010, 08:53 PM
With Yogi, and probably everyone else at the Club, on holiday I suspect nothing will be happening for at least 3 weeks.
In the past there's been the folk released at the end of the season in plenty time to find themselves another club.
There's been sales that fit in mostly with the end of our financial year and we've brought players in at the last possible moment.
Thats all weeks away.

Diclonius
18-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Probably true - they seem to care about us more than we do. :wink:

Stevenson should go but imho I'd be raging if Thicot left. The guy's an excellent prospect.

Long suffering
18-05-2010, 08:59 PM

:agree: same

Davy Mac
18-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Wouldnae be supsrised, Lewis has just not stepped up since the Cup Final and Thicot still looks more suited to slower fitba on the continent.

Let's keep moving the bit part players along.............

seanraff07
18-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Me too, thought the last couple of months of the season he was very good.:agree:

Mibbes Aye
18-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Both were bit-part players last season and would not be first picks if everyone was fit, so although I don't know if the rumour's true or not, it wouldn't really be earth-shattering news if it was true.

I would think that if Yogi is to be pushing Hibs on a level, then these are the sort of players that he would be looking to move on to be replaced by better players.

:agree:

I've liked Thicot since the Barca game but he doesn't appear to be in the frame as a starter. Stevenson certainly isn't.

Likely that they'll move on in the circumstances and likely that we'll survive and should improve as a squad.

The only downside is that they're both extremely likeable players IMO. Nevertheless, we want the manager to keep improving the squad. That means raising the bar and if players aren't first picks now, they should be moved on in favour of those who are more likely to be.

Bostonhibby
18-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Wots going on, has our fish man defected to them? if not I prefer to wait until I hear it from the fish man, wouldnae be surprised to see Lewis go though, mind you Keekback are the guys who were spouting about Champions leagues, supermegahotelstadiums and all that, so you never know, they could be wrong?

brydekirk
18-05-2010, 09:50 PM
stevensons had a few chances to prove himself, :bye: thicot looks like he has still a bit to show us, :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
18-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Wouldnae be supsrised, Lewis has just not stepped up since the Cup Final and Thicot still looks more suited to slower fitba on the continent.

Let's keep moving the bit part players along.............

True though I've seen it argued that neither has/had Benji and yet the wailing at his departure has been quite loud :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2010, 09:59 PM
If this is true, it comes as no surprise to me. Lets see who we bring in, before anyone gets all het up.

snooky
18-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Lewis's career seemed to stall under Mixu due to lack of games.
I think Yogi should loan him out for half a season and see if he can regain his cup final form.
Maybe he's plateau-ed but then again, maybe he hasn't.

hibbie02
18-05-2010, 10:24 PM
I think that it is worth persevering with Thicot as I am sure he has it in him to shine at Hibs. Maybe we need to adapt to his strengths rather than Hogg. Thicot has an excellent pedigree and we need to use it. :agree:

Lewis I am afraid had not fulfilled his promise.

eastmainsmsh
19-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Lewis's career seemed to stall under Mixu due to lack of games.
I think Yogi should loan him out for half a season and see if he can regain his cup final form.
Maybe he's plateau-ed but then again, maybe he hasn't.

:wink: would be a great idea loaning lewis out :agree:

Hibs On Tour
19-05-2010, 01:54 AM

Think some people are forgetting that we don't just need a first eleven - we need a squad. Both Stevenson and Thicot can fill into a number of defensive/midfield positions and whilst they won't be first picks, they're worth having around as squad players just now.

Particularly given that we're not about to - I assume - shell out so much as to replace both 1st choice players at RB, LB, 2 x CH, CM plus an entire squad of bench players?...

Its a gradual process people - won't happen overnight...

poolman
19-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Ah, the font of all inside knowledge at ER :rolleyes:

zelda
19-05-2010, 10:29 AM
would hate to see thicot released i really rate him but as for stevenson i don't think he's needed or good enough for us maybe a team like dundee or a team near the bottom of the spl.

ekhibee
19-05-2010, 06:10 PM
It would be very unfortunate for Thicot if he was released, he has ability, a lot more than some players who regularly get a game for the first team, namely Hogg. Apart from the usual 'the boys done great fer me' rhetoric from Hughes this season I've never heard him compliment Thicot, although he hasn't critisized him either. The only times he's been mentioned by Hughes he's pronounced his name wrong both times but in any case I just feel that Thicot should get another chance, to me people like Hogg have had far more chances than he has.

matty_f
19-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Think some people are forgetting that we don't just need a first eleven - we need a squad. Both Stevenson and Thicot can fill into a number of defensive/midfield positions and whilst they won't be first picks, they're worth having around as squad players just now.

Particularly given that we're not about to - I assume - shell out so much as to replace both 1st choice players at RB, LB, 2 x CH, CM plus an entire squad of bench players?...

Its a gradual process people - won't happen overnight...

Kind of what I was getting at - we struggled this season when our first pick players weren't available. If Yogi can up the quality of his squad either through improving the first 11, or by improving the level of the squad players (by bringing in better back up) then he'll be taking steps to push us on.

Hibs On Tour
19-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Kind of what I was getting at - we struggled this season when our first pick players weren't available. If Yogi can up the quality of his squad either through improving the first 11, or by improving the level of the squad players (by bringing in better back up) then he'll be taking steps to push us on.

Exactly. Point I am making is that we're a LONG way away from having in effect two squads of 11, so IMHO I think we've probably shipped out as many as we want/need to be shipping out just now. Both Stevenson and Thicot are fairly decent players who can play in a few positions so they're useful squad players to have. Think we bring in to improve the 1st team, players move down to 2nd 11 to accomodate. Up to these players shunted down to work back up or prove themselves better, as it is for the young guys trying to work upwards...

At present we've shipped 4 players from a team that was already weak on squad size/quality overall. Lets get some inwards stuff confirmed before we worry about shedding more eh? :greengrin

Feed McGraw
19-05-2010, 06:32 PM

What would they know ?

matty_f
19-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Exactly. Point I am making is that we're a LONG way away from having in effect two squads of 11, so IMHO I think we've probably shipped out as many as we want/need to be shipping out just now. Both Stevenson and Thicot are fairly decent players who can play in a few positions so they're useful squad players to have. Think we bring in to improve the 1st team, players move down to 2nd 11 to accomodate. Up to these players shunted down to work back up or prove themselves better, as it is for the young guys trying to work upwards...

At present we've shipped 4 players from a team that was already weak on squad size/quality overall. Lets get some inwards stuff confirmed before we worry about shedding more eh? :greengrin

Aye...but :greengrin... the more we shed the more we have to spend on attracting the better players...

Cracker
19-05-2010, 06:39 PM
It would be very unfortunate for Thicot if he was released, he has ability, a lot more than some players who regularly get a game for the first team, namely Hogg. Apart from the usual 'the boys done great fer me' rhetoric from Hughes this season I've never heard him compliment Thicot, although he hasn't critisized him either. The only times he's been mentioned by Hughes he's pronounced his name wrong both times but in any case I just feel that Thicot should get another chance, to me people like Hogg have had far more chances than he has.

:agree: